Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

What a difference a day makes....c9 is getting crushed right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Gotta get that support fed now that they have EDward on the team.

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man
Support Jacky is the new team dynamic meta.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Cloud 9's teamfight is just insane.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Combo posted:

What a difference a day makes....c9 is getting crushed right now

early game team vs late game. It is to be expected

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do teans keep trying these risky barons and then getting caught out?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I don't know why but I find it hilarious that EDward has all caps CRS prefix instead of the "Crs" that everyone else does.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Freaksaus posted:

Why do teans keep trying these risky barons and then getting caught out?

I thought they were just trying to bait an all out fight, but forgot that C9's entire team is built around the team fight, while Curse has a skirmish comp.

Balls missed a Rumble ult, A RUMBLE ULT.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I thought they were just trying to bait an all out fight, but forgot that C9's entire team is built around the team fight, while Curse has a skirmish comp.

Balls missed a Rumble ult, A RUMBLE ULT.

That's ok jacky whiffed a TF ult right after. He gold carded that minion with authority though.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I don't know why but I find it hilarious that EDward has all caps CRS prefix instead of the "Crs" that everyone else does.

CRSED ward

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

"Balls taking a bunch of punishment." -Phreak.

I honestly smirked.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
C9 has the best teamfights.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
That lets bounce into flash sona ult was awesome. Lowered everyone for Hai's resets

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The level of play in this game is like 100x higher than CLG/Dig

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Okkusenman posted:

"Balls taking a bunch of punishment." -Phreak.

I honestly smirked.

He got a "dipped in" earlier too

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Even for late game team fight comp vs. early game comp this is a pretty good comeback. Especially when you think about how most of the time when we watch experienced teams vs. new teams the new ones fall apart late game. I guess technically C9 has been around for a long time though, just didn't make it into the LCS in the spring.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I hope they nerf Kha'zix soon, it's boring seeing him just clean up entire teams in every pro game he's in.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

sirtommygunn posted:

I hope they nerf Kha'zix soon, it's boring seeing him just clean up entire teams in every pro game he's in.

he's been nerfed. They just aren't playing on the latest patch yet.

edit: which is kind of dumb really. The whole reason they even changed the jungle for the newest patch was because pro's asked for it, then they don't use it for the actual pro games...

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I think we've learned that every time other than C9 is trash

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

theystolemyname posted:

Wasn't a nerf, it was a power shift, he's still just as strong if not stronger than he was before.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Geez that counterengage at baron was good. Whoever Saint used his W on immediately jumped back, then Rumble laid his Equalizer between Saint and the rest of Curse so they couldn't catch up and help leaving him completely cut off and he just died 1v5.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Ninkobei posted:

early game team vs late game. It is to be expected

Even early vs late team comps, you don't go down 10-1 typically...that was a good compeback for c9

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Yeah, after that early game I kind of figured that c9 was going to lose and it was clear that while they were really good, they were still beatable.

And then Hai and Meteos happened. :stare:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

theystolemyname posted:

edit: which is kind of dumb really. The whole reason they even changed the jungle for the newest patch was because pro's asked for it, then they don't use it for the actual pro games...

Just remember what happened with technical difficulties in the Season 2 championships. I don't want to see that. You don't want to see that. Nobody wants to see that. There's a reason they let all the bugs get ironed out for a while on the public servers before ever patching the tournament realm. It's just a technical precaution.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

theystolemyname posted:

Beyond what Corbeau said, keep in mind that the 3.8 patch just rolled out as the LCS was starting again, meaning that the pros have (technically) had zero time to practice on it. By keeping the tournament realm a patch behind, it gives the pros an opportunity to practice the new stuff on the live servers while still playing in LCS games with the stuff they've already practiced for the past month.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Wait what was I talking about?

VVV he could play other champions if people didn't keep banning out all of his other choices.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 14, 2013

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

can Scarra even play any champions other than Diana at this point?

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I wish one of these pro teams would take Rammus against these first pick Kha'zix comps. I just feel like Rammus is tailor-made towards countering squishy ad melee carries. Free 120 armor and 3 second peel if they decide they want to risk a reset.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Jackie D posted:

can Scarra even play any champions other than Diana at this point?

Nope, at least not well.

Looks like that last game gave Dig a little kick up the butt, they're demolishing TSM right now.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm using an original baby blue Reginald t-shirt. Too bad TSM are losing pretty hard :downs: Have the games today been any good?

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

KoldPT posted:

I'm using an original baby blue Reginald t-shirt. Too bad TSM are losing pretty hard :downs: Have the games today been any good?

Whatever you do, don't watch the CLG and Dig game.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

That was a brutal stomp

I wonder if DIG can snowball some confidence from this.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
:stare:

Okay, didn't see that one coming. Curse controlled that one from start to finish. What changed?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wow, that was sad. TSM lost every lane. I dunno how I feel about Yorick with Draven, I'd rather have Yorick with Vayne or Trist.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Okkusenman posted:

Whatever you do, don't watch the CLG and Dig game.

I'd feel cheated after watching a 70 minute game unless I was being paid for it or playing in it. :v:

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

Corbeau posted:

:stare:

Okay, didn't see that one coming. Curse controlled that one from start to finish. What changed?

I believe the comp that C9 was running was very team fight orientated and just cleaned up really.

Plus C9 is really good at coordinating them.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Corbeau posted:

I don't like TSM. Never have. But after watching that horrible slog of a misfired game, I'm looking forward to watching them curbstomp Dig.

Professional League teams have the weirdest rock-paper-scissors thing going on :riot:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ff7cid posted:

Professional League teams have the weirdest rock-paper-scissors thing going on :riot:

It's the curse of Doublelift. The worst team in North America has been transferring from Velocity to CLG to Dig and now to TSM. The worst team has a 100% win rate right now.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
So how long was that losing streak for Dignitas, 7-8 games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh God I just noticed the casters are essentially wearing a uniform.

• Locked thread