Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

That's Australia for you.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

grady posted:

I'm curious what most of you did before videogames. Every single frame of reference you seem to have is through the lens of some kind of game.

A time...before videogames? Oh please grandpappy, tell us more.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

Hydrolith posted:

"Asberge le passants?" There's a :spergin: joke in there somewhere...

Also, is there a French equivalent of the grocers' apostrophe?

Never mind the apostrophe, the word should be "passers-by", not "passersbys". The grocer in question probably didn't believe that "passers-by" was already plural.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Compusaur
Jun 23, 2009
:barf:
oh no thanks bro i'm cool

bringmyfishback posted:

I live in Montana where we have exactly jack poo poo for anything, particularly fancy grocery stores, so this discussion makes me sad. But, as a child of the Northeast, I must hasten to remind you all that if you ain't Wegman's, you ain't poo poo.

What part of Montana? I'm in Kalispell and we don't even have a bookstore anymore since Border's closed. All of these pictures of books are making me sad.

RunFish
Sep 15, 2007
I saw this walking into the mall today. THE CLASS OF 2013!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
"I did." is a grammatical sentence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The '2013 woot woot' in the other window is more depressing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Placid Marmot posted:

Never mind the apostrophe, the word should be "passers-by", not "passersbys". The grocer in question probably didn't believe that "passers-by" was already plural.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/william-safire-orders-two-whoppers-junior,3351/

quote:

NEW YORK–Stopping for lunch at a Manhattan Burger King, New York Times 'On Language' columnist William Safire ordered two "Whoppers Junior" Monday. "A majority of Burger King patrons operate under the fallacious assumption that the plural is 'Whopper Juniors,'" Safire told a woman standing in line behind him. "This, of course, is a grievous grammatical blunder, akin to saying 'passerbys' or, worse yet, the dreaded 'attorney generals.'" Last week, Safire patronized a midtown Taco Bell, ordering "two Big Beef Burritos Supreme."

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly

Chard posted:

In addition to Two Buck Chuck, Joe's also carries Vodka Of The Gods which is a totally passable vodka that comes in 1.75L bottles and costs :10bux:. This was a staple of my grocery shopping for a long time.

And they have a :10bux: TJ's scotch whisky that is easily worth $25 for the taste, totally decent. They even have a 12-year scotch whiskey for only :20bux:.

For both the whiskies and the wines they basically have deals set up with distilleries/wineries to take their totally good product that they can't use for whatever reason, or so I'm told.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That's Australia for you.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Oh my god how are some of you still talking about grocery stores in the funny pics thread?

Make a PYF grocery store & grocery store brand products thread you weirdos.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Someone photoshop this into that scene from Jurassic Park...I'm too lazy, and also bad at PS.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hydrolith posted:

"Asberge le passants?" There's a :spergin: joke in there somewhere...

Also, is there a French equivalent of the grocers' apostrophe?

Not really. I suspect they got an English person to write the French, and a French person to write the English, which would be :quebec: as gently caress. Of course the reality is that someone is just a poo poo writer at every language and has a McGill job.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Richard Gere discovers that fetishes escalate with hilarious results.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.

I really want to know what the challenge is.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is this a Bollywood Jackass remake?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Garnavis posted:

Have you ever eaten Telugu food?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Garnavis posted:

Sometimes you gamble and lose

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

I've heard of wolf spiders... but GERMAN SHEPHERD spiders? Dang.

(Side note to Sir Unimaginative: Brilliant!)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

More like woof spiders

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Oh my god how are some of you still talking about grocery stores in the funny pics thread?

Make a PYF grocery store & grocery store brand products thread you weirdos.

There's an excellent thread for frozen snacks that already exists and welcomes TJ chat... head on over to PYF Freezer Goodies!!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512588

Alipes
Sep 6, 2006

Grimey Drawer

No, Amazon, I didn't. :colbert:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Compusaur posted:

What part of Montana? I'm in Kalispell and we don't even have a bookstore anymore since Border's closed. All of these pictures of books are making me sad.

I live in the town everyone in Kalispell goes to in order to buy anything.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

Best username/post combo.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Compusaur posted:

I got drunk with the Mayor of Kalispell in a little place called Polebridge about 7 years ago when I got lost on a road trip and ran out of gas. Nice place.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

bringmyfishback posted:

I live in the town everyone in Kalispell goes to in order to buy anything.

Why do you keep saying it like that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei8-TtksIrs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This kangaroo is swole. Not getting into a fight with him.

Subtitles gone wrong:

phrase whore

Hate when that happens.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Phlegmish posted:

Hate when that happens.

Gota help put out that fire some how.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Forgive me because I don't know the series at all but PLEASE tell me there aren't 2 seperate books called "Game of Thrones" and "A Game of Thrones"

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Dudley posted:

Forgive me because I don't know the series at all but PLEASE tell me there aren't 2 seperate books called "Game of Thrones" and "A Game of Thrones"

Nah - the original book is called "A Game of Thrones", and the HBO series is "Game of Thrones." Why? Who knows! :shrug:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Because HBO realized "A Song of Ice and Fire" is loving stupid.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

phrase whore

Phrase Whore is the hot new MC.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Hate when that happens.

I'm having some trouble locating the punchline, if only it were made clearer.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Phlegmish posted:

Subtitles gone wrong:

phrase whore

Do you think a phrase whore is anything like a grammar nazi?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Subtitles gone wrong:

Oh, God, I love this. I'm cracking up. I want to record the song I'm hearing in my head from looking at this.

Edit: I may have posted this one in here before but I don't think so

It's supposed to say "Go back to your rotten funk hole, then."

Mescal has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Mescal posted:

Oh, God, I love this. I'm cracking up. I want to record the song I'm hearing in my head from looking at this.

Edit: I may have posted this one in here before but I don't think so

It's supposed to say "Go back to your rotten funk hole, then."

You might enjoy this then 'cause it always gets a laugh out of me. Engrish subtitles on a bootlegged Harry Potter.

• Locked thread