Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bjornstar
Aug 1, 2004
I <3 Biscuits
Trion! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
So how does this new stuff work? With the strongholds in Dendrome, you can use flares to turn them into GHunts with jump pads or something? And the ones in Ashora are just there to get attacked? I have a quest to use a flare on a stronghold and they aren't that common.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

This weekend could be horrendous :(

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Epic High Five posted:

How about a ZOE MAX? You filthy defector.

I'm mostly in Rift now despite googlebutt throwing a little passive aggressive shitfit after seeing me in the game last night. I mostly play EU hours I...think? Whatever 11p-3am EST translates to in todds of wool or whatever you fuckers use.

If you're on Derpwood, what's your name? I'll add ya.

Zoe has been nerfed. :unsmith:

Trust me, that's not EU hours, it's 4am to 8am! It is Aussie hours though.

And like I said I would roll on Deepwood, but I have a feeling it'll always be deserted when I want to play (plus Trion is the one company where I cant seem to get decent ping from the EU).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What is a zoe?

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

A Tartan Tory posted:

Zoe has been nerfed. :unsmith:

Trust me, that's not EU hours, it's 4am to 8am! It is Aussie hours though.

And like I said I would roll on Deepwood, but I have a feeling it'll always be deserted when I want to play (plus Trion is the one company where I cant seem to get decent ping from the EU).

I am always on at strange hours. Be more than willing to help you along with whatever.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Planetside 2 thing.

Imagine, if you will, a tempest/harb/riftstalker only now all those souls also give +1% to armor/end for every point spent in them.

Now imagine balancing a game around it.

I'll keep it to PMs and in-game though, just happy to see so many PS2 goons here :unsmith:

even if they are traitorous defectors who should be given a cigarette and a sunny spot in front of a wall :commissar:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So if I bought Patron status with credits instead of cash, would I get the loyalty as if I were a cash subscriber? Because I have a bunch of credits from doing the PTR test and don't really have anything to spend them on.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

boho posted:

So if I bought Patron status with credits instead of cash, would I get the loyalty as if I were a cash subscriber? Because I have a bunch of credits from doing the PTR test and don't really have anything to spend them on.

Any time you spend credits you get loyalty. I spend credits on 120 days of patron and got loyalty for each one.

Hope that answers?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
According to devs on the forums, the servers aren't running at maximum capabilities. The are trying to increase capacity without increasing ability lag, server lag, or decreasing total server performance.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not a defector, just no one gives a poo poo about me.

NC Bros 4 lyfe :smith::hf::smith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Posting my character name. Lallorona.

I remember there being more than like 10 shards :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Having a low amount of shards is a good thing, IMO.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Carteret posted:

I'm not a defector, just no one gives a poo poo about me.

NC Bros 4 lyfe :smith::hf::smith:

I was referring the Tartan the Purple over there, you're still legit SAWbro :c00lbert:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
What happened to The Nazgun?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, so I tried logging into my old character on Seastone around midnight EST and there was a HUGE wait so I started another character on a different shard. I hadn't played in forever (a month after launch, maybe?) so I completely forgot what kind of character I made and rolled something new, and spent all night leveling a Dwarven caster. Before going to bed I logged into my original character to see what it was and I was pleasantly surprised with a kitted out level 50 Bahmi mage and suddenly everything came flooding back. First time playing this on my new rig, too, and :drat:

Level cap is 61 now, right? I'm going to have to completely relearn how to play my main dude because gently caress going back to 10 now. The funniest thing is that I started going down the exact same healer/support path as my main, only with a different race more or less.

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009

Spudd posted:

I have forgotten both my password and secret answer. How many levels of hosed am I?

That would be a big solid "depends". You need to provide 4 pieces of what they consider to be identifying information. I have the direct quote from my session with support:

"We can accept the First and Last 4 [digits] of Credit Card and Expiration for the account, the Billing Address on the account, any 20 digit CD Key or Voucher, First and Last name, Date of Birth, Security Answers, Merchant/Transaction ID, or the IP used to create the account originally."

I used a credit card that I had since cancelled so I didn't have the expiration date so that was out. Not deleting an email for a promotional Corpus Kitty code that I had long since used is the only reason I'm back on with my old characters. Best of luck to you.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

anthonypants posted:

What happened to The Nazgun?

Folded ages ago, maybe 2010? 2009? Merged into Politically Incorrect as it was another Guardian group, then people made defiants and drifted over to the goon guild, then this part of history is lost to me because I stopped playing, and now since any faction can be in a guild we're all in EVERYTHING IS FINE. Because it is.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Phaelog posted:

That would be a big solid "depends". You need to provide 4 pieces of what they consider to be identifying information. I have the direct quote from my session with support:

"We can accept the First and Last 4 [digits] of Credit Card and Expiration for the account, the Billing Address on the account, any 20 digit CD Key or Voucher, First and Last name, Date of Birth, Security Answers, Merchant/Transaction ID, or the IP used to create the account originally."

I used a credit card that I had since cancelled so I didn't have the expiration date so that was out. Not deleting an email for a promotional Corpus Kitty code that I had long since used is the only reason I'm back on with my old characters. Best of luck to you.

poo poo I can only do 3 of those off the top of my head. I am so boned. :(

EDIT: I have an Ally code, would that count?

Spudd fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 14, 2013

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

kippa posted:

Not really relevant to most people here, but what just happened with EU-Icewatch is pretty hilarious (and terrible). A couple of hours back we got a server message saying that the servers were coming down in 45 minutes for a hotfix. Then they dropped the bomb and said "PS this server is being shut down during this downtime and everyone will have to move to one of the 2 new servers we're opening" and that was it, that was the entire notice period that they're shutting down the largest EU server. To make it even worse, this is at about 1am server time.

The rage on the official forums is pretty amazing, and I guess will get even better tomorrow when loads of people log in to find their server essentially shut down! http://forums.riftgame.com/general-...pm-tonight.html

It doesn't really affect me all that much so I'm not bothered by it, but it's going to be interesting to see the fallout from this, it's definitely one of the most bizarre things I've seen happen in a big MMO.

Yeah, it's a bit mindboggling. I have no idea which shard my guild went to, and I haven't managed to get in touch with any of them. It'll be interesting to see where I'll end up ...

And if it's a trial shard and every area is locked except Meridian and Sanctum, what happens to my char which I logged out in the wilderness with mail in the mailbox etc?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Datasmurf posted:

Yeah, it's a bit mindboggling. I have no idea which shard my guild went to, and I haven't managed to get in touch with any of them. It'll be interesting to see where I'll end up ...

And if it's a trial shard and every area is locked except Meridian and Sanctum, what happens to my char which I logged out in the wilderness with mail in the mailbox etc?

Someone said it should highlight the shard your guild has moved to. Now, what you do if someone hasn't moved the guild before you log on... petition maybe?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Welp, thought I would play some rift since it's free now, character name is Hopterque on Deepwood, gonna pester someone for an invite.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Used some of my free (got 1998 or something) credits to get those corgi pets, which I think means I have all the corgis availalbe in Rift, finally. Now let us have more than one minipet out at a time Trion :v:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

For EU icewatch peeps, when you log in it will say "your guild has moved to blah blah, do you want to move there too?" And choosing yes bypasses any lock on faction balance and transfers you.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I would like to join on Winnow please.

(thanks Stampy)

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009

Spudd posted:

poo poo I can only do 3 of those off the top of my head. I am so boned. :(

EDIT: I have an Ally code, would that count?

Is it 20 digit? Even if it's not it's worth a shot; they look at the account and see if the codes applied matches the ones you rattle off to them. For all I know the GM let me slide on the expiration date of my card.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

Eltoasto posted:

For EU icewatch peeps, when you log in it will say "your guild has moved to blah blah, do you want to move there too?" And choosing yes bypasses any lock on faction balance and transfers you.

Is there a goon presence on any EU server? don't want to abandon my level 53 mage and move to US.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
In as Kiruch

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Eltoasto posted:

Oh, that's nice.
Just got a hold of one of my guild members, they told me that the guild leader was sleeping and hasn't moved the guild yet, so I guess I'll wait.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

This is seriously the best set in the game and if you don't drop 850 credits on it you are terrible.

(Warlord's Leather Bundle, also the current/rank 80 rogue pvp set but buying it is easier and the wardrobe version is bind-on-account.)

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Man, that looks nice!
If I ever get my loyalty / credits for my 6 month sub, I'll get it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

This is seriously the best set in the game and if you don't drop 850 credits on it you are terrible.

(Warlord's Leather Bundle, also the current/rank 80 rogue pvp set but buying it is easier and the wardrobe version is bind-on-account.)

Sadly on women it looses the magitech mask.

Keep's the hat 'tho so i'd still rate it as a good set. :3:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
It's a rainy day and I have nothing better to do, playing as Redhouse.

Genius!
Jan 8, 2006

Spudd posted:

I have forgotten both my password and secret answer. How many levels of hosed am I?

As an FYI - although I'm east coast US time, I had this same problem and talked to someone via a web support chat on the main Trion page. It really didn't take long and the GMs were helpful. Not sure if this helps the timing but maybe it's easier than calling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was hoping someone could recommend a good PvP build for a mage? I was doing the summoner preset before, but it doesn't do anything at all for damage against players, or I am just missing something entirely.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

I said come in! posted:

I was hoping someone could recommend a good PvP build for a mage? I was doing the summoner preset before, but it doesn't do anything at all for damage against players, or I am just missing something entirely.

<- not a mage

As far as I know you want to go either pyro or dominator. Pyro does absolutely insane burst damage, Dominator does hilarious burst AoE (so it's great for Scion and really warfronts in general) and completely fucks over healers (you have like 2 silences and at least three ways to drain mana in addition to all the other annoying poo poo they get).

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
So ages ago, I used the Rift mobile app to score some free currency etc. I assume I won't get storm legion currency until I hit 60? Or is there a break point in my storm legion leveling when I will start getting it before that?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Krabkolash posted:

So ages ago, I used the Rift mobile app to score some free currency etc. I assume I won't get storm legion currency until I hit 60? Or is there a break point in my storm legion leveling when I will start getting it before that?

Fairly sure its 51. You start getting empyerian blah blah. I think infinity is 60 'tho.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
I suppose I'll take an invite, since my guild of various friends has been gutted by the FFXIV beta. Name is Demonguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I've logged in twice since the F2P conversion, and niether times did I have a queue. It has to be only during peak times because I am logging in early afternoon.

• Locked thread