Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So with Jade under the Condesce's control, what's her motive to scatter the surviving players all over the Incipisphere? Not to mention putting the original kids' planets in orbit? She dropped Dirk and one of Lord English's agents far, far away where they couldn't interfere, captured Jake and Roxy and took control of Jane and Jade. Why leave the rest of the players to their own devices instead of locking them down somehow?

Is Jade back in the Incipisphere now? Her First Guardian and teleportation powers would let her teleport back from post-Scratch Earth to the Incipisphere, right?

There were some solid theories before explaining what the Condesce wanted all the other players for - Roxy to hide her from Lord English, Jade to finish creating a new universe, Jane to use her life powers to recreate the Troll race, and Jake as an insurance policy against Lord English's return. Does she perhaps need the original players to finish the game, or something, to open the door to the new universe?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Dolash posted:

Does she perhaps need the original players to finish the game, or something, to open the door to the new universe?

Possibly! I do at least think putting Kanaya on LOFAF has something to do with either fishing that frog out of the volcano and finishing its process, or breeding another one that fits HIC's plans better, without tying up Jade in froggy business when she might need her for something else.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 15, 2013

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Possibly! I do at least think putting Kanaya on LOFAF has something to do with either fishing that frog out of the volcano and finishign its process, or breeding another one that fits HIC's plans better, without tying up Jade in froggy business when she might need her for something else.

Don't forget that she created the kid's universefrog under Karkat's esteemed leadership, which basically amounted to "YEAH THIS IS BORING, JUST THROW THEM TOGETHER." Who better to be along for the ride next to her than the troll who's at least partially responsible for the kid's universe's cancer?

VVVVV Edit: CONFIRM THE KILL

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has there ever been a time when John's viewpoint was straight-up denied to us? That might be one reason his disappearance is so disconcerting to us; even when he was ricocheting around the narrative we could see what he was up to. Now we're being told we cannot be the main protagonist.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tollymain posted:

Has there ever been a time when John's viewpoint was straight-up denied to us? That might be one reason his disappearance is so disconcerting to us; even when he was ricocheting around the narrative we could see what he was up to. Now we're being told we cannot be the main protagonist.

The narrator has always been able to find someone. Whether they are not where we think they are, they're not ready to be shown yet, or he straight up says "Nah", the narrator can always find everyone. The narrator has (barring Doc Scratch, Caliborn's intermissions, and...um...Vriska) always been in control.

The narrator is no longer in control. John Egbert is lost.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 15, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It might be interesting if the story is forced to finish without John, now. Like, Caliborn is destroying the very fabric of the narrative (removing the protagonist, splitting up the group, gumming up any attempt at progress) and our heroes have to win with what they've got left.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Hremsfeld posted:

Don't forget that she created the kid's universefrog under Karkat's esteemed leadership, which basically amounted to "YEAH THIS IS BORING, JUST THROW THEM TOGETHER." Who better to be along for the ride next to her than the troll who's at least partially responsible for the kid's universe's cancer?
That won't really work a second time. Karkat had a whole monologue near the end of Act 5 where he confessed that what he did was stupid. If he and Kanaya were in charge of frog breeding again, I doubt he would make the same mistake twice.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dolash posted:

It might be interesting if the story is forced to finish without John, now. Like, Caliborn is destroying the very fabric of the narrative (removing the protagonist, splitting up the group, gumming up any attempt at progress) and our heroes have to win with what they've got left.

Well, if you recall the Midnight Crew Intermission, it's "rumored" that Lord English is only killable via glitches in spacetime. It's possible Caliborn is creating his own kryptonite.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dolash posted:

Is Jade back in the Incipisphere now? Her First Guardian and teleportation powers would let her teleport back from post-Scratch Earth to the Incipisphere, right?

I don't think so. Jack couldn't.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
First John was everywhere, now he's nowhere. It's no big deal, this is John. It happens all the time.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

I don't think so. Jack couldn't.

Jack isn't a witch of space though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Jack isn't a witch of space though.

Yeah but if she could do that, she wouldn't need to ride a defense portal.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

lotus circle posted:

That won't really work a second time. Karkat had a whole monologue near the end of Act 5 where he confessed that what he did was stupid. If he and Kanaya were in charge of frog breeding again, I doubt he would make the same mistake twice.

And look who's back on frogworld...

Of course, this is all just :goonsay:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I just realized something amazing.

With Caliborn going over the entirety of the comic, we may actually see [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus.
And it might just be the fan made version that is actually pretty close to done.
Which means the lovely fan-made version of a giant epic flash could become canon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I just noticed something. In the splash page with all the planets, Rose's planet is obscured by some glitching. That's probably why she's messed up and why she sees everyone else as messed up. So those regions of "glitch clouds" are probably physical embodiments of the fairy dust and candy corn glitches.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Crain posted:

I just noticed something. In the splash page with all the planets, Rose's planet is obscured by some glitching. That's probably why she's messed up and why she sees everyone else as messed up. So those regions of "glitch clouds" are probably physical embodiments of the fairy dust and candy corn glitches.

Wait
That wasn't completely obvious?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So does the Batterwitch have the Ring of Life now?

Follow me here. The one shot we got of John in the flash was Jade kicking him in the face. This is a callback to when she did that to CD, to take back the ring he'd stolen. So if she took the ring from John then, it would be appropriate. Also, Meenah explicitly said that she could not be trusted not to try to steal that ring, and the Batterwitch would think similarly. Plus, you know, it would give the protagonists another goal to strive for. Also, we saw how powerful a Ring of Void was on a void player. It's almost guaranteed that the Ring of Life would would fall into the hands of a Life player, like the Imperial "Thief of Life" Condesce.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm assuming that crescent-like circle is what remains of Prospit right? So it wasn't completely obliterated this time.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Yeah but if she could do that, she wouldn't need to ride a defense portal.
This could just be due to the Condesce's inability to mind-control without a portal link... or something. I dunno.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So what is the song that's playing in the flash? I can't find it :saddowns:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's "Gold Pilot", from Colours and Mayhem Side A.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So what is the song that's playing in the flash? I can't find it :saddowns:

It's Gold Pilot from ColoUrs and Mayhem: Universe A

e: f;b

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Serves me right from starting at the bottom and seeking backwards. Thanks!

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Serves me right from starting at the bottom and seeking backwards. Thanks!

You could have severely cut down on your search time by noting the timestamps; a lot of them are less than four minutes long.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DaveKap posted:

And it might just be the fan made version that is actually pretty close to done.

No way, this can't be true. You're pulling my leg right?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

AriadneThread posted:

Wait
That wasn't completely obvious?

Hey man, don't be a dick. :v:

But yeah, that's what I got as well. And of course the only other planet with significant stardust glitch artifacts on it is Jane's. Though there's no telling if Jane is anywhere near her planet, there might be a certain wily rear end in a top hat clown.

What is up with Gamzee anyway? Where is he and what has he been doing? We know he gets off, time-jumps around, and gets back on before the meteor leaves this Medium. But we already saw the meteor enter the session, and we saw it go through a portal to Earth. When do we get to see the Codpiece Capricorn's Adventures?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

DaveKap posted:

I just realized something amazing.

With Caliborn going over the entirety of the comic, we may actually see [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus.
Which means the lovely fan-made version of a giant epic flash could become canon.

That would be pretty cool, but it seems like sort of a long shot, doesn't it?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Crain posted:

I just noticed something. In this comic, there are tons of jokes that are also important plot points! So sometimes characters will do funny things and then it will turn out to be super important to the story.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey man, don't be a dick. :v:

Poking at Tumblr, it looks like a lot of people didn't make that connection. So I guess I owe an apology, sorry, Crain.

-

I don't think we've ever seen anything from Gamzee's perspective except from before he entered the game. He's fuckin' inscrutable. I still want to believe it's all a long con to pull one over on Caliborn but I can't imagine how, or to what end.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Have we seen anything from Gamzee's perspective since he went all murderclown?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Have we seen anything from Gamzee's perspective since he went all murderclown?

Nope. this was the last such page.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Nope. this was the last such page.

Thanks. Now I can read the incredible pesterlog that follows that page. :allears:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dolash posted:

No. First guardians can only teleport to any location within whatever the universe or incipisphere they are currently in of their own accord. If they are not in a universe or incipisphere, their teleportation powers are unusable. That's why PM had to chase Bec Noir at the measly speed of light, and why Jade couldn't just teleport the ship over to the other window.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

No way, this can't be true. You're pulling my leg right?
The progress is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkY7B9npk5YLdFNicWtydzhiWDlXYndPbnl0TnJ6ekE
The wiki is here:
http://rexduodecimangelus.wikispaces.com/

There is quite a bit done and the stuff left to be doing could probably be done by Hussie in a week. Unless he drew it with Caliborn's enigmatic touch... in which case it would take an hour.

Edit: Seriously click around some of that. It's come together pretty well. I especially like the scene after Gamzee's attack: http://files.myfrogbag.com/tcdp62/final-gamz-scene-bg-changes.gif

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 15, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So some people managed to deobfuscate Rose's test. Nothing we didn't know, but still kind of neat.

Also, on the "map screen" (one from the latest update, not that weird map thing that's more of a chapter list or whatever), a piece of candy corn sometimes appears in the lower-left corner. Just noticed it when looking at that again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Roland Jones posted:

So some people managed to deobfuscate Rose's test. Nothing we didn't know, but still kind of neat.that again.

This seems to confirm that the Condesce is planning to create a new universe to rule, in her image. What a psycho.

Roland Jones posted:

Also, on the "map screen" (one from the latest update, not that weird map thing that's more of a chapter list or whatever), a piece of candy corn sometimes appears in the lower-left corner. Just noticed it when looking at that again.

Also the top.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ariong posted:

This seems to confirm that the Condesce is planning to create a new universe to rule, in her image. What a psycho.
Psycho like a fox.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DaveKap posted:

The progress is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkY7B9npk5YLdFNicWtydzhiWDlXYndPbnl0TnJ6ekE
The wiki is here:
http://rexduodecimangelus.wikispaces.com/

There is quite a bit done and the stuff left to be doing could probably be done by Hussie in a week. Unless he drew it with Caliborn's enigmatic touch... in which case it would take an hour.

Edit: Seriously click around some of that. It's come together pretty well. I especially like the scene after Gamzee's attack: http://files.myfrogbag.com/tcdp62/final-gamz-scene-bg-changes.gif

Best part about the finished product is going to be the horrible mish-mash of different styles of varying "quality".

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Best part about the finished product is going to be the horrible mish-mash of different styles of varying "quality".
Seeing as how Hussie has done this himself a couple of times, it's not too far off from an original product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So it turns out Andrew's bestie Ryan North is writing Homestuck now.