Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

LowellDND posted:

In Girl Power, are female monarchs able to start a grand tournament? I'm using an older mod.

Okay here you go!

Also, I believe Girl Power is compatible to the latest version.

v- Aw drat. Okay, I'll look at it. -v

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Okay here you go!

I tried this version as well, but it still crashes. The first savegame I click brings up a completely gray map with the wrong date, and clicking anything else causes the CTD. I don't have any other mods running, and have all the major DLC.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Is there a way to get territories back without going to war? Somehow the county of Ulster ended up part of the Duchy of East Anglia, but the King of England is an ally and my son in law besides, so I'd really rather not fight a war against him, especially given the hit to prestige it gives you for attacking your allies.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

AfroSquirrel posted:

I tried this version as well, but it still crashes. The first savegame I click brings up a completely gray map with the wrong date, and clicking anything else causes the CTD. I don't have any other mods running, and have all the major DLC.

I had this problem too, I just assumed that Girl Power is not vanilla save game compatible. Haven't had any problems with my current game started with Girl Power active.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
This wont last but:

:stonk:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

Oh were you trying to load a game from vanilla? It's not save-game compatible.

Girl Power hotfixed

Just to be sure, I reinstalled CK2 and poked around in the files a bit more working from a fresh new vanilla.

Remember, according to the latest version, you won't be able to nominate female councillors for positions unless they have the education suited for that position, and you have true cognatic succession. You can only institute True Cognatic Succession if you have Medium crown authority or higher.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 16, 2013

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Still curious as to whether anyone has seen Catholicism survive in any real way from the Old Gods start? I've never had a game that didn't end up with the Muslims taking France and the Magyars taking Germany. Maybe if Francia was reunited?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yay, he fixed the Malta Channel. Now I can play the dudes I wanted, but I already started tearing up the Britons in my first Norse game. What to do. Thanks Wiz!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

Still curious as to whether anyone has seen Catholicism survive in any real way from the Old Gods start? I've never had a game that didn't end up with the Muslims taking France and the Magyars taking Germany. Maybe if Francia was reunited?

Well, not Catholicism, but in my current game Orthodoxy is doing quite well after the Basileus married the Empress of Francia and their son inherited both.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

ThomasPaine posted:

I've seen plenty of West Francia going empire from Old God's start date, usually taking parts of Aquitaine, Burgandy, Italy, and Lotharingia with it. In my most recent game, an independent Aquitaine lost a Shia invasion because a Karling clusterfuck war prevented them from calling in allies to help.

As far as the magyars are concerned, I've seen them reform the kingdom of Hungary within weeks of ingame time, and end up with holdings in Germany and Turkestan by the mid 900's. I've seen them lose the first war to Bulgaria and get wiped off the map, but I've never seen them do anything in between.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

DrSunshine posted:

Okay here you go!

v- Aw drat. Okay, I'll look at it. -v

Do male title holders in the realm still have -10 to relations with the female monarch? An idea I have would be to add a "Loyalist" trait to mitigate it somewhat.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Dauntasa posted:

Well, not Catholicism, but in my current game Orthodoxy is doing quite well after the Basileus married the Empress of Francia and their son inherited both.
I almost never see Orthodoxy do well in most CK2 games, especially post-1066 ones. If the Byzantines suffer at all, soon enough all Orthodox lands convulse in waves upon waves of heresy and weak authority until the Mongols arrive and clobber everyone.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Does anyone know how to raise demesne limit?

II really need to be able to control more.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SkySteak posted:

Colour in a map with a crayon then.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do male title holders in the realm still have -10 to relations with the female monarch? An idea I have would be to add a "Loyalist" trait to mitigate it somewhat.

Nope! They won't be angry at a female heir or a female ruler.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Reveilled, I have my changes here, if you want the generalized missionaries.

I also made a couple of other adjustments in there:

quote:

General
-Can disable and re-enable the taking of captives when a settlement is captured via a decision in the intrigue menu.
-Zeroed out the title usurpation cooldown - now that you need 51% to usurp, a cooldown is no longer necessary
-Increased max leadership traits (the combat ones) from 2 to 4
-Increased inherit chance of most positive heritable traits to 33%, 25% for negative

Religion(ish)
-Any reformed religion can attempt to send missionaries to any independent ruler in an attempt at conversion.
-Norse pagans, both reformed and otherwise, continue to be able to raise runestones after 1150. Those who have access to it merely by being north germanic lose it after that year, as normal.
-When a Zoroastrian character is declared the Saoshyant, all their existing children will be given the appropriate trait.
-saoshyant_descendant changed to be a 100% heritable trait, instead of only being passed on from fathers
-West African pagans get the 'pagan homelands' bonus that they are described as having.

Looting changes
-Loot amounts are halved (as is the amount of loot that forts protect)
-Looting takes twice as long
-Loot regrows only 40% as quickly (that is, takes 2.5 times as long to recover to full)
-Maximum looting rate requires 1000 troops instead of 500
-Prestige gain from looting halved (i.e., you get half as much prestige as you get money)

War
-Warscore from battles increased 33%
-Warscore from captured vassal territory increased 33%
-Warscore from captured private demesne increased 66%
-'Pagan homelands' supply limit effect doubled, from 5% of normal to 10%
-Adventurers will not plan a war for their claim against someone they like better than 60.
-Adventurers cannot gather troops to attack you from inside your own court
-Adventurers cannot gather troops to attack you from inside your realm unless their host dislikes you (opinion < 0)

-Cognatic succession available to everyone, if succession is already ag-cog. Basques will actually switch to it.
-Female rulers can hold epic tournaments, organize Varangian guard
-'Female liege' and 'female heir' opinion penalties halved.
-Independent female rulers can always lead armies
-Otherwise, female marshals, stewards, chancellors, and spymasters are allowed in true cognatic realms.
-Events for young childhood will now be directed to the child's mother, not the father, if the mother is controlled by the player. Some of these may still have localization referring to the father, though.
-Noteworthy women (genius, quick, strong, or some top-level educations) qualify to adventure for a title

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 16, 2013

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

My gf is playing at the moment, starting in Ireland. A lot of her marriage choices won't marry her because shes an infidel... but they are Catholic as well. Any idea what's going on?

Also, are Anti-Popes (and the subsequent morality loss) a good way to break up the Holy Roman Empire?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

SkySteak posted:

Christ almighty, did you inherit the Aztecs?

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Ofaloaf posted:

Christ almighty, did you inherit the Aztecs?

Sadly not. The Aztecs took over a Muslim Nation that held a lot of land in Europe. I called a Grand Crusade and took the Aztecs land while they were revolt whacking. I'd would've loved to fight one of their 80k stacks but I couldn't find it. The AI doesn't have the priorities.

Fun fact; the victory screen took a full 2-3 minutes to process.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I had something similar where I joined the Holy War vs the Aztecs and just got all of France. I thought I'd be there for hours assigning counties to kinsmen and couriers, but I ended up just creating a bunch of duchies, and handing them over (counties, baronies and all) to whoever. I don't know if that's bad but I don't give a gently caress anymore because I'm Emperor of Britannia and I have bigger things to worry about.

Like my 1 year old daughter dying of Syphilis. What? Was that ever a thing?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Boing posted:

I had something similar where I joined the Holy War vs the Aztecs and just got all of France. I thought I'd be there for hours assigning counties to kinsmen and couriers, but I ended up just creating a bunch of duchies, and handing them over (counties, baronies and all) to whoever. I don't know if that's bad but I don't give a gently caress anymore because I'm Emperor of Britannia and I have bigger things to worry about.

Like my 1 year old daughter dying of Syphilis. What? Was that ever a thing?

Wiki says - "it may also be transmitted from mother to fetus during pregnancy or at birth, resulting in congenital syphilis. "

So uh... get yourself checked.

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.
Well, in my game the byzantine empire is being run as a merchant republic out of venice by a disney villain.

Is this one of those weird things that happens a lot? At least the karlings for once didn't reunite this game, yet.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Adrian Owlsley posted:

Well, in my game the byzantine empire is being run as a merchant republic out of venice by a disney villain.

Is this one of those weird things that happens a lot? At least the karlings for once didn't reunite this game, yet.

I have never seen Byzantium become a republic.

What the gently caress happened? Jesus christ.

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.
Also, in this game I married a guy for his weak claim on denmark, and while I was pressing it he formed an adventurer party to push his other weak claim on the big swedish duchy. We won both wars and from there he went psycho on the rest of sweden, maybe because of the berserker trait, and is now the king of a 99% united sweden. My husband conquered sweden for me, what a catch!

e: Well, the cruel fat scarred guy was succeeded by this man:

I guess people really do always want the opposite of the incumbent.

Adrian Owlsley fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 16, 2013

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Christ, can you imagine the :supaburn: that occurs every time an election rolls around in Byzantium? It's a whole new layer of intrigue and politicking on top of the regular stuff.

I'm playing an Elder Kings game as Pyandonea, which I've just united after a 94-year long struggle. Where's your precious immortality now, Orgnum? Not so hot now that your favorite balcony was sabotaged and you fell to your death, huh?

Once I get some ships Alinor is hosed :black101:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What's the secret to pruning the family tree? Do I have to assign my unwanted heirs to a county before I can plot to stab them?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Has anyone else noticed the AI trade republics not working in CK2+? I made a Ashkenazi trade republic in the Isle of Man as the Emperor of Oxford but they haven't done a single thing in a lifetime.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AfroSquirrel posted:

What's the secret to pruning the family tree? Do I have to assign my unwanted heirs to a county before I can plot to stab them?

Are you muslim? Being muslim is kinda the only reason why you'ld want to prune it.

Speaking of, goddamn the in game family tree is unwieldy when I have 2000 total members and 600 are still alive. How do noble families like that work? Is there the main branch/house and holdings and everyone else is all spread out over the country?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trujillo posted:

Has anyone else noticed the AI trade republics not working in CK2+? I made a Ashkenazi trade republic in the Isle of Man as the Emperor of Oxford but they haven't done a single thing in a lifetime.

Do they have 2 points in Trade Practices?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

No, you aren't allowed to plot against your own children. You have to diploassassinate them(which has a low chance of success and costs assloads of money) or imprison and then execute them(which makes all your other vassals hate you and gives you Kinslayer).

Alternatively if you're a Christian you can just make them a bishop which basically removes them from succession. Downside being that you can't do it to your firstborn so if your number 1 son is a hunchback retard and number 2 is a tall genius you'll have to have the first one murdered.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are you muslim? Being muslim is kinda the only reason why you'ld want to prune it.

Speaking of, goddamn the in game family tree is unwieldy when I have 2000 total members and 600 are still alive. How do noble families like that work? Is there the main branch/house and holdings and everyone else is all spread out over the country?

Not Muslim, but my first wife was a 'safe' nobody and I want her kids out of the way so my second wife's (Queen Skuld I of Scotland's) kids can inherit two kingdoms.

^Ah, okay. So I have two sons and three daughters ahead of the lucky lotto winner baby girl. If I take out the two sons with diplosassins and ship off the unlucky daughters in normal marriages, then the target daughter will inherit once she is married matrilinealy, right?

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 16, 2013

Non Sequitur
Apr 22, 2007
A queasy undergraduate scratching his pimples

Ofaloaf posted:

The game was a 1091 start, so Norway was already Christianized and the Ynglings were all Catholics.

Amusingly, I checked out England and found out it's ruled by the FitzRichard dynasty, founded by Richard 'the Bastard' and illegitimate grandson of William the Bastard. I'm hoping that future English ruling dynasties have similar origins, leading to a period of English history that could be called "Bastardized England".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_feudalism

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if anyone is trying to get the Game of thrones mod to work on 1.01, there is a method to do so in the modding subsection of the offical Paradox crusader kings forum. You need to register your game in order to see the forum, but it's worth it. I got the mod working and then turned off auto updating in steam.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Does CK2+ not have prepared invasions? I just opened up the Haesteinn star and I'm wondering how to get control of Brittany.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Does raiding affect the victims economy? Is the gold taken out of their treasury, or holding income reduced while it holds the looted status or something?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Rejected Fate posted:

Does CK2+ not have prepared invasions? I just opened up the Haesteinn star and I'm wondering how to get control of Brittany.

From the changelog for version 2.00:
code:
- Cut most special Pagan CBs. Pagans can launch county conquests on a five-year cooldown timer but regular Pagan warfare will mostly be about raiding.
So yeah I think Wiz cut them.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:psyduck: What's with this jihad, holy hell. :psyduck:

So I'm trucking along nicely, I do Normandy invasions in Spain, France, and Norway sequentially, Im gobbling up duchies and marrying dynasties and having a good time.

And then I get this note from my sister in law, the Queen of Castille. "Please help us against the Sultanate." ... huh. Okay, sure, Ive got 70,000 troops in France, I get on the boats and do a landing. And I see two stacks of 20-30k. Okay, I can handle that. I make doom stacks and stomp them both. I spread out my teams in groups of 5k to each province in southern Spain, and I see some more doomstacks forming. My guys are scattered, and the heat is killing my doomstacks, and suddenly I'm down 30,000 men. I think I lost another 20,000 in the retreat to the boats, the Hammadids can have the place. And I only got the victory counter to 20% :psyduck:

What does a crusade involve, because clearly I am not ready.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Dauntasa posted:

I have never seen Byzantium become a republic.

What the gently caress happened? Jesus christ.

In one of my games, one of the most powerful Byzantine dukes is the head of a merchant republic. How this hasn't led to their destruction, usurpation of Byzantium, or massive civil wars, I have no idea, but I do know they love to start poo poo with the Italian republics, and I exploit this by crushing the lot of them every once in a while when they get distracted.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I've made a real breakthrough in events and laws modding!

I've figured out a way so that characters in realms running elective can be made to abdicate in favor of their successor. When a character takes to the throne, the game sets a kind of countdown timer that ticks after a set number of years. When it ticks down, the character receives an event where they abdicate to the next successor. Also, I've created a series of custom crown laws that allow the ruler to change the term limits of their rule, from four years to a maximum of life-appointments.

I still need to do testing on this to make sure it works nicely, but look forward to seeing it implemented in the next iteration of Sonendar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Allyn posted:

From the changelog for version 2.00:
code:
- Cut most special Pagan CBs. Pagans can launch county conquests on a five-year cooldown timer but regular Pagan warfare will mostly be about raiding.
So yeah I think Wiz cut them.

No, it has them. You need to have 1000+ prestige and still the 40 holdings limit (or something, I didn't look at the exact prereqs and just clicked it when I saw it available). It's a diplomatic option, not a CB.

• Locked thread