Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Jonny Retro posted:

One thing you can try that the devs said may help with this is to keep clearing things off of your to do list (That mission/suggestion list under the base info panel). It sounded like story missions can kind of get stuck in a que and you need to take care of things on that list so it can pop.

There have been periods where the game had nothing for me to do. I had the infestation bug so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I may just start a new game, now that I know how to be more efficient, but I'm still pretty annoyed that I have to at all. I've sunk a lot of time into that first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Croccers posted:

So like, my Alan has Black Fever but he still hasn't died or anything, still standing around home-base being all whatever. He's been like this for 5+ real days now so I think I need to boot him out or shoot him already. What should I do?

I got worried because poo poo was already going pretty sour for me. Yesterday my Alan fell down with the black plague right after he shot my pastor so I took him to the woods and smashed his mug with a hockey stick. Now I feel kinda bad, hearing how people sometimes get better but I've been scared into believing that one untreated case would totally gently caress my base inside out.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
Telling Alan to sling his hook was a great moment for me. I followed him in my rifle sights for a while as he got chased by a horde and then disappeared into the treeline. A few days later he was reported dead. :byewhore:

I've been using the farm home and I still have the infestations message since after the patch, when clearly there's nothing within 500m (but I still checked every location around me). There's a bunch of people on their forum who say it's not being cleared as well, so obviously there's a further bug associated with it. But I'll try clearing some more infestations and maybe it will eventually go away.

I'm crippled when I can't do stuff with Marcus, though. I have a reasonable amount of other guys trained up, but nobody comes close to his ability to take on whole hoards alone (he's the only Powerhouse), and he's the only one who can really handle fighting the fatties or ferals. Of course Marcus decides to run from infestations every single day.

It's nice to see people back working around the home though, particularly the guard tower, even though there's never anything to shoot at out at the farm.

Does anyone understand what exactly outposts DO besides offering a safe area, anti-horde protection and the resupply points? Do they contribute resources as it states, or boost the counted total resources, or anything like that? It's strange that they can be set up as resource outposts but it doesn't really seem to actually DO anything. Love this game but in a few areas they stop short of having features that would seem intuitive/killer, like ability to station people at outposts, to tell people to follow you so you can do missions, things like that.

Dr.Oblivious posted:

You would think a Microsoft published game would be excepted from the whole patch fine and certification thing.

Fairly sure since they're under the MGS banner they can have as many updates as they want and they don't have to pay. That would just be weird. I doubt they'd have pushed out two in as many weeks if they did have to.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 16, 2013

Laterbase
May 18, 2011

Harmonica posted:

Love this game but in a few areas they stop short of having features that would seem intuitive/killer, like ability to station people at outposts, to tell people to follow you so you can do missions, things like that.

The whole game seems more of a proof of concept than a finished product. You can see all the places where they ran out of time and had to just release to prove it would sell and be a viable commercial product. I think it says a lot that even in a pretty unfinished and (initially at least) buggy state it is still really well received.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Harmonica posted:

Does anyone understand what exactly outposts DO besides offering a safe area, anti-horde protection and the resupply points? Do they contribute resources as it states, or boost the counted total resources, or anything like that? It's strange that they can be set up as resource outposts but it doesn't really seem to actually DO anything. Love this game but in a few areas they stop short of having features that would seem intuitive/killer, like ability to station people at outposts, to tell people to follow you so you can do missions, things like that.
If you've got a smaller base (ie not Snyder) without storage, it makes much less sense to just haul rucksacks of everything you see because once you hit a certain threshold all surplus will just get tossed out overnight (since apparently ammo and wood are very sensitive to the elements, and gasoline goes bad when left out). Outposts only draw resources from whatever's still in the building but at a lower continuous rate, something like 2 per day or something, whereas a rucksack will yield the full 5-15 units (depending on the resource) instantly. In practical terms, this means that propping up an outpost in a gun shop will see the effective daily ammo usage rate drop by two (so instead of the count going down by 5 every day, it goes down by 3). Of course if you end up at Snyder this is more or less immaterial. But at a certain margin, drawing resources from outposts is smarter than just raiding them outright.

Also I started a new game and it actually seems more unstable, or at least bugs were never this frequent before. The first attempt actually caused my 360 to freak out because I got the zombie spawning bug at the Ranger's station and my system apparently sprung a memory leak as I vainly attempted to get Maya and Ed to run off to the truck with me. Then Maya got stuck inside a mountain (at least according to the map) and was only brought back by a cutscene requiring her presence at the Church. Then I went on a Scavenger mission and even though I heard a voice greeting me, there were no living people in the area and the quest auto-failed.

Also re: Infestations, they seem to pop up really frequently now. When I started at the church there were 2 within close proximity, so I cleared them out. A minute or two later another one popped up to the northeast in an Orchard (which is new btw), putting the church in a vulnerable position since there were literally no structures between the infestation and the base in which to set trapped outposts. I had to rush back to the base and fend off 3 successive hordes before going out and smoking out the nest. A few minutes after that, a new infestation cropped up in an abandoned house just to the east of the Orchard, off the Wilkinson road. Gonna haul rear end to Marshall ASAP.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 16, 2013

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Harmonica posted:

Telling Alan to sling his hook was a great moment for me. I followed him in my rifle sights for a while as he got chased by a horde and then disappeared into the treeline. A few days later he was reported dead. :byewhore:

Alan came down with the black fever immediately after shooting the pastor, and I immediately took him to a house in the middle of nowhere and cut his loving head off with an axe and took all his stuff and left his corpse there for the zeds. gently caress Alan.

It's a zombie apocalypse and our little gang of like a dozen scared-shitless nobodies is all we've got. You don't shoot some poor bastard in the goddamn face because you're Pretty Sure he's going to turn without asking the others, and you goddamn sure don't threaten another sick person so she can go about each day with the sword of Damocles hanging over her. That random survivor with the Psychopath trait is nicer than you were, Alan. In fact literally nobody suffered a morale penalty when I killed you because hey, it's unanimous: gently caress you forever. Eat poo poo and rot.

Alan :argh:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 16, 2013

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
Been busy for a couple of days so after not playing since Thursday I just loaded up my game interested to see how the simulation played out. Apparently only 24 hours has passed and looking at the in game reports nothing major has happened....oh aside from the fact that apparently my 11 survivors have consumed over 60 food rations in a single day (at Snyder so storage wasn't an issue)
:negative:

What the hell game, I suppose I should be thankful there hasn't been any black fever rampages!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
So, the patch does not seem to have actually fixed the 'Too Many Infestations!' bug. I started a new game, things were fine for a while. Moved down to Snyder Trucking and have now had the same loving issue pop up again. I scouted from the survey locations and even manually drove out to and checked every building and field in the surrounding area; the town of Marshall itself is completely devoid of infestations and I couldn't find any to the north or east either. I'm still getting the 'Too Many Infestations' modifier, and people are still going missing.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Mister Bates posted:

So, the patch does not seem to have actually fixed the 'Too Many Infestations!' bug. I started a new game, things were fine for a while. Moved down to Snyder Trucking and have now had the same loving issue pop up again. I scouted from the survey locations and even manually drove out to and checked every building and field in the surrounding area; the town of Marshall itself is completely devoid of infestations and I couldn't find any to the north or east either. I'm still getting the 'Too Many Infestations' modifier, and people are still going missing.

I started a new game and have not had a single problem with infestations, maybe you need to check out a survey tower to discover the one that is around you?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Slayer1597 posted:

I started a new game and have not had a single problem with infestations, maybe you need to check out a survey tower to discover the one that is around you?

Mister Bates posted:

:confused:

And yes, there are still issues with Too Many Infestations. This is the working list of patch notes for update 2, as a reminder:

State of Decay Update 2 Patch Notes

- Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
    - You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
    - Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the "cap") will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, Stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
    - Improved awareness of Stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each Stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
    - Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing, and the rate of drain during play is reduced from 6 per minute to 2 per minute.
    - The rate at which Stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing Stockpile consumption to be too high.
    - Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
    - The "Too many infestations!" to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
    - Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
    - Fixed several pockets of deep water.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
    - Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
    - Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
    - Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
    - Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
    - Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
    - Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
    - Made it easier to execute "Double Kill" move.
    - Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
    - Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
    - Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
    - Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
    - Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where "game time" means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
    - Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is "full" for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
    - Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    - All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.
    - You now receive a Stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of Stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
    - Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a "Besieged" mission.
    - Added a "Stick Sensitivity" option.
    - The game will now repair saves affected by a bug fixed in State of Decay Update 1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
    - Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
    - Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
    - Moved "Horde Alerted!" banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
    - If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
    - Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
    - Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
    - Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
    - Fixed bug that allowed simulation events to affect NPCs that were not in your community.
    - Searching for Stockpiles with the radio is now more reliable.
    - Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
    - It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
    - Improved audio volume mixing.
    - Improved music track selection logic.

I bolded the ones that I'm happiest with or that I saw goons complaining about :shobon:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

To get that list of patch notes I had to go on UL's forum, and I found a guy who is having a complete meltdown about realism: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?23512-I-cant-play-this-game-anymore

He gets mad about quests like hunting zombies because people wouldn't do that in a REAL zombie apocalypse. He also said something about "I grew up with Romero zombies which are scientifically possible, and furthermore," which is amazing.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

To get that list of patch notes I had to go on UL's forum, and I found a guy who is having a complete meltdown about realism: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?23512-I-cant-play-this-game-anymore

He gets mad about quests like hunting zombies because people wouldn't do that in a REAL zombie apocalypse. He also said something about "I grew up with Romero zombies which are scientifically possible, and furthermore," which is amazing.

I'm pretty sure in a 'real' zombie apocalypse every single person in this thread and that thread, myself included, would just cower in a back room until either being eaten or starving to death, so that seems like kind of a silly argument to make.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

The Berzerker posted:

:confused:

And yes, there are still issues with Too Many Infestations. This is the working list of patch notes for update 2, as a reminder:

State of Decay Update 2 Patch Notes

- Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
    - You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
    - Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the "cap") will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, Stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
    - Improved awareness of Stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each Stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
    - Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing, and the rate of drain during play is reduced from 6 per minute to 2 per minute.
    - The rate at which Stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing Stockpile consumption to be too high.
    - Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
    - The "Too many infestations!" to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
    - Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
    - Fixed several pockets of deep water.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
    - Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
    - Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
    - Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
    - Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
    - Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
    - Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
    - Made it easier to execute "Double Kill" move.
    - Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
    - Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
    - Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
    - Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
    - Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where "game time" means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
    - Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is "full" for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
    - Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    - Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    - All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.
    - You now receive a Stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of Stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
    - Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a "Besieged" mission.
    - Added a "Stick Sensitivity" option.
    - The game will now repair saves affected by a bug fixed in State of Decay Update 1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
    - Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
    - Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
    - Moved "Horde Alerted!" banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
    - If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
    - Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
    - Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
    - Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
    - Fixed bug that allowed simulation events to affect NPCs that were not in your community.
    - Searching for Stockpiles with the radio is now more reliable.
    - Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
    - It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
    - Improved audio volume mixing.
    - Improved music track selection logic.

I bolded the ones that I'm happiest with or that I saw goons complaining about :shobon:

sorry about that, I think I was still hungover when I read that last post! I have not had any issues to date. So I guess I will just count my blessings!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Bates posted:

I'm pretty sure in a 'real' zombie apocalypse every single person in this thread and that thread, myself included, would just cower in a back room until either being eaten or starving to death, so that seems like kind of a silly argument to make.

To hell with that poo poo! I don't know about you, but I've already scouted several sites potential sites around my area to go to in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Nobody ever seems to think about country clubs/golf courses, but a lot of them around me are completely fenced in and they generally have large facilities.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

So they're basically restricting the scope of the downtime sim, right? I actually liked it when I would boot up the game after a day and find out that a nearby enclave of rando survivors had been overwhelmed and were either missing or dead. It sucked when it happened to my guys, and I very rarely traded with anyone so it wasn't a huge deal for me, but I felt like it was the best example of the gameworld being "persistent" in a way that doesn't directly relate to the survival of your group.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

"I fear that the real zombies and all the skills learned by my generation and those before , are being ignored for the sake of 'Entertainment'."

Amazing.

I didn't want to wait for all my new facilities to build and research to finish so I set my Xbox's time one month ahead. I came back to chaos, all my neighbours are missing or dead. Love this game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm just going to like... hide in a ceiling or somewhere that needs you to climb a ladder to get into.
Checkmate zombies :smug:

Is there any real penalty to not stocking the base up with ammo crates? Because people on the tower just seem to pull ammo from their arse anyway.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
Am I the only person who doesn't like all the "real time" to 2 game hour patch changes?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

Oh thank god, I'll try to drive around the horde then that pop up comes up and I end up driving into the horde or into a fence or something.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm still a bit unclear, the way that update note about infestations seems to read, everything will be OK as long as I clear all nearby infestations prior to moving? I got hit by the bug at Snyder, Marshall is totally clear.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One issue that wasn't bold that I am happy about is adding stick sensitivity. The camera is just too sluggish at the current pace and glad for this.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Rirse posted:

One issue that wasn't bold that I am happy about is adding stick sensitivity. The camera is just too sluggish at the current pace and glad for this.

I think the problem isn't overall sensitivity, but the way the sensitivity suddenly changes. It moves really slowly if you move it just a bit past neutral, and then really quickly as soon as you move past that part, with no in between. It's basically impossible for me to manually aim a gun both quickly and accurately. I've taken to just hoping I'm close enough that the aim-shoot combo will automatically catch their head.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rirse posted:

I'm happy that the music selection was buggy, I really enjoy the 'Dust in the Wind' riff.

Jpyric
Feb 19, 2013
Had an odd moment earlier. Playing as Ed, managed to accidentally fall off a cliff. When I hit the ground, the screen went red and the "you're dead" music started playing. After fading to black and coming back, I appeared as Ed in the church, completely unhurt! I guess Ed is bouncy?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mister Bates posted:

And scientifically it wouldn't be so bad, as zombies would essentially die out in weeks due to natural decomposition and inability to move. You'd have a lot more bloaters though.

Speaking of I can officially debunk that your car won't get hurt when you go backwards. To test this theory I backed up I to a biggun. Smashed my back tires out. Turned around and hit him head on. Now those tires went. I can also confirm that your tires will continue to spark even if you aren't moving.

And thanks to whoever mentioned leg sweep. Holy cow. Love it!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy poo poo I can't believe I survived that.

On my way back from helping with a siege where I had a very, very tense encounter with a feral, I was starting back home in my exotic sportscar when I stopped to check out a cache in a field. As I was getting back in my car a zombie grabbed the passenger side door. Not wanting to lose the door, I tried to steer towards a nearby garage so I could scrap the zombie off on the corner of the building, only I lost control a wee bit going over the hill. I missed the corner...and hit the propane tank.

No more zombie. No more car. Thankfully, though, that wasn't the end of me as I was hurled flaming from the wreck. A few aspirin and I was off!

:stare:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jpyric posted:

Had an odd moment earlier. Playing as Ed, managed to accidentally fall off a cliff. When I hit the ground, the screen went red and the "you're dead" music started playing. After fading to black and coming back, I appeared as Ed in the church, completely unhurt! I guess Ed is bouncy?

From what I recall you can't actually die from non-zombie causes (I accidentally jumped off a radio tower), Lily will just say that they sent somebody out to help you and bring you back. I could be wrong though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Can containers be "destroyed"? I went on a feral hunt and narrowed it down to a single shed, so I naturally threw a molotov through its open door and killed the thing, but when I searched the shed every container came up instantly as "Found Nothing".

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Soulex posted:

And thanks to whoever mentioned leg sweep. Holy cow. Love it!
Spin kick is better.

Jpyric
Feb 19, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

From what I recall you can't actually die from non-zombie causes (I accidentally jumped off a radio tower), Lily will just say that they sent somebody out to help you and bring you back. I could be wrong though.

That would explain it....I figured as much. I imagine if there had been zombies at the base of the cliff, they would have finished the job.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Quick question, I moved to the warehouse recently and its built in workshop says "Repairs body and tires", it says nothing about repairing the engines. However my brother says that it does repair the engines, is this true? Cause I'm currently building a second workshop just for the ability to repair the engines and I'm afraid I'm wasting materials.

VVV What I'm asking is does the prebuilt workshop at the warehouse fix engines? Its description doesn't say it fixes engines, just tires and body which is what the second tier workshop says, the third mentions fixing engines. I can't upgrade the prebuilt workshop though.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 16, 2013

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If workshops repair engines, you definitely don't need a second one for it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It will fix engines, but only if you have a mechanic.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
If anyone's on now and wants to party chat shoot me a message my ft is the same as my name here I'll just be messing around working on a few low skill members

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

coyo7e posted:

There is a gauranteed firearm in the tutorial area, I've literally never gone through while hitting all 5 tents, wihtout seeing either/both of a 22 revolver and a 22 squirrel rifle. Also the occasional .45 revolver.

There are 5 tents and like 6 or 7 cabins total up there, if you hit all 5 tents you will get at least 1 gun, 1 backpack, and probably another melee weapon (cabins are usually arguably useless crap like fireworks.) The guns are usually in the small flat gun cases or rifle cases, and you USUALLY get a large backpack by the time you hit all5 tents however, once I got 3 small ones.

Signed,
the chronic re-roller

You aren't guaranteed a gun. I've cleared everything twice now without getting one. It's just really likely, especially the gun case.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Safe Driver posted:

"I fear that the real zombies and all the skills learned by my generation and those before , are being ignored for the sake of 'Entertainment'."

Amazing.

Yeah, it was a real treat. That guy is something else.

coyo7e posted:

I'm still a bit unclear, the way that update note about infestations seems to read, everything will be OK as long as I clear all nearby infestations prior to moving? I got hit by the bug at Snyder, Marshall is totally clear.

I think they're saying that if you are in a base with Too Many Infestations, and you move, the TMI modifier does not move with you.

My new favorite move in the Backfist to the Future, especially if I'm holding a wrench. THUNKTHUNKTHUNK

Finished all achievements today except for beating the game and mercy killing somebody. I guess I'll mercy kill someone on my next playthrough, because nobody is gonna get sick in my fortress now...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright, guess I'll get rid of my second workshop and replace with something else. Another issue popped up though, I upgraded my tower and now no one will use it. Even though it'll show someone on duty no one ever stands up there and shoots.

Also the Pastor got over his illness, then Alan proceeded to shoot him 2 days later even though he was perfectly healthy. What the gently caress Alan?!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I took Alan on his mercy kill mission and used him as bait for zeds while I trained up my shooting and fighting skills. He goes into his crouch if a zombie has turned red on your radar, and they leash to him pretty easily, letting you cut loose with all sorts of attacks. He can put up with seemingly endless amounts of punishment like that.

Didn't stop a juggernaut from pulling him in half, though.

How do you go out in a blaze of glory, exactly? I've got a sick survivor with several bad traits I don't want anymore, and I've given her a few grenades I've found. I threw her into a horde and tossed a grenade to finish them off, and it went off after I went into the "press A to get up" animation, so I expected to die. But I didn't.

Is it just as simple as having a grenade in your inventory when you die for keeps?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Lotish posted:

How do you go out in a blaze of glory, exactly? I've got a sick survivor with several bad traits I don't want anymore, and I've given her a few grenades I've found. I threw her into a horde and tossed a grenade to finish them off, and it went off after I went into the "press A to get up" animation, so I expected to die. But I didn't.

Is it just as simple as having a grenade in your inventory when you die for keeps?

Yeah, just have a grenade in your inventory and then let the zeds eat you.

Incidentally, I really wish you could just choose to kick out a survivor. I know you can when a Mercy Kill or emotional-issues mission pops up, but I really don't want to wait until then to kick out my completely useless alcoholic slacker chick; at the same time I don't really want to actively kill her because I'd feel like a douche. Would be nice if there was just an 'Expel From Community' option, maybe with a dynamic Influence cost and Morale penalty based on how popular that person is among the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, sometimes there is an option to kick a person out, but I don't know how often it comes up. When I got Alan's mercy kill mission, option 1 of three was to kill him and 2 was to tell him to leave (with 3 being put it off.) I think if someone's causing trouble with anger issues or something like that you can tell them to GTFO.

• Locked thread