Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

The dude who's playing Zod in Man of Steel would be pretty good.

Ooooo, gently caress that would be awesome (although like I just said in the Man of Steel thread, I'd watch Michael Shannon in just about anything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A fun casting about 15 years ago could have been James Caan as Norman Osborn, Scott Caan as Harry.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Riddle of Feel posted:

Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his "origin" initially was that he decided to dress up as a cartoonish monster in a bid to take over the New York underworld, with the idea that acting crazy would throw people off his trail. A series of stories (Who is the X? type storylines produced years of material back then; you can dip into any period of pre-90's Spider-Man comics and find a long running b-plot about determining the identity of this or that recurring villain, which was usually made up well after they were conceived) revolve around Osborn trying to kill Spider-Man to prove he's tough or something so he can be king of the underworld or whatever, and he gradually gets nuttier and nuttier and more obsessed until the whole bridge thing happens.

Yeah, that's sounds pretty familiar. I haven't read those original issues in Essential Spiderman since I was a teenager, but that does sound basically like the scenario he came up with.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't these were posted yet.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's some new Spider-Man rumors, spoiled because they are apparently based on stuff filming now and these are pretty big spoilers if true

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81197

* Colm Feore is actually playing Adrian Toomes (Vulture)
* Chris Cooper's Norman Osborne does become the Green Goblin in the film and has been seen on set wearing the mask.
* They are directly setting up Sinister Six for the third film with Goblin, Vulture, Rhino, Electro, possibly Lizard and whoever the new vilain(s) for ASM 3 are.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The MSJ posted:

I don't these were posted yet.

Jesus Christ that costume is great.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I agree, that kid's gonna have the best Halloween ever :3:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, I think this may be one of the best comic-to-film costume translations so far. It's incredible how much of a difference those eyes make from the Raimi costume.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 10, 2013

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Dacap posted:

Here's some new Spider-Man rumors, spoiled because they are apparently based on stuff filming now and these are pretty big spoilers if true

* Chris Cooper's Norman Osborne does become the Green Goblin in the film and has been seen on set wearing the mask.
* They are directly setting up Sinister Six for the third film with Goblin, Vulture, Rhino, Electro, possibly Lizard and whoever the new vilain(s) for ASM 3 are.

Holy gently caress Sony is not messing around this time :stare:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Aces High posted:

Holy gently caress Sony is not messing around this time :stare:

I think this and the new X-Men are Sony and Fox trying to one-up the Avengers by going completely balls to the wall with the scope of their franchises.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yessss...Spider-man is falling in love with and kissing Emma Stone...wait, that's not exactly right.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

On set relationship blooming? Oooh.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Vintersorg posted:

On set relationship blooming? Oooh.

Haven't they been dating for a while, like since before the first one?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Coffee And Pie posted:

Haven't they been dating for a while, like since before the first one?

I had read that somewhere, and they do have pretty good chemistry. Definitely one advantage over the Raimi films IMO.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have been a couple since TASM. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were together for a while after the first movie.

Spider-Man always gets the chicks, y'all.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I kinda wish there was a photo of them getting lovey dovey and then Paul Giamatti photobombs the picture dressed as the goblin (but without mask).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gatts posted:

I kinda wish there was a photo of them getting lovey dovey and then Paul Giamatti photobombs the picture dressed as the goblin (but without mask).

I would also accept Tommy Lee Jones just there watching.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

I would also accept Tommy Lee Jones just there watching.

OH MY GOD I WANT SINS PAST IN MOVIE FORM. MY KINGDOM FOR A SINS PAST MOVIE NOW!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gatts that is the worst idea I've ever heard and I wish that the universe was large enough to accommodate a grindhouse version of Sins Past.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Gatts that is the worst idea I've ever heard and I wish that the universe was large enough to accommodate a grindhouse version of Sins Past.

I loving loved Sins Past for how dirty it made me feel. I think I hadn't felt, like, emotion and whatnot reading a comic since Kingdom Come before that. For a period, Spider-man was awesome and had balls to go to places even if they weren't good. I miss that compared to the poo poo that's out now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair the whole Superior Spider-Man schtick is at least kind-of new.... and it's not OMD...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dacap posted:

If true, they are sure are aiming for a totally non-canonical and incredibly boring version of the Sinister 6. No Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, or Dock Ock? poo poo's barely as interesting. gently caress, at least throw in Scorpion.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

If true, they are sure are aiming for a totally non-canonical and incredibly boring version of the Sinister 6. No Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, or Dock Ock? poo poo's barely as interesting. gently caress, at least throw in Scorpion.

How do you know if it is boring. Have you seen these movies that haven't been made? Also, Mysterio is really lovely, joke villain.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Mysterio owns. A film about Mysterio obviously is rife with potential - a villain whose power is special effects. That's great stuff.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I could see it if Mysterio was only played for laughs. I just cannot take him seriously as a threat to Spider-Man.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

Mysterio has dinosaur robots. Mysterio can fake being Peter and/or Spider-Man and gently caress up his life. He can be Spider-Man and be all like "Yo Gwen you stink and I'm dating Mary Jane now" and when Peter gets emo whip out an army of velociprators and freddy kreugers. Spidey pulls of his mask, BAM! Fishbowl.

Why does every movie have to be about a sad man in a mask beating up a sad man in a mask in a warehouse? I want to see my Spider-Men fighting guys with fishbowls on their heads in cheesy Mayan temples with animatronic jaguar warriors and space aliens and a tyrannosaur.

If you don't love Mysterio you don't love life. Italians love Mysterio. He gives the French their joy de vivre. The Spaniards that pasión.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah that sounds really bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still pissed Raimi never gave us the promised "Bruce Cambell is really Mysterio in the entire trilogy" plot.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I could see it if Mysterio was only played for laughs. I just cannot take him seriously as a threat to Spider-Man.

I don't know what you want me to tell you if you don't want the carny stage magic villain in your movie about a crime-fighting luchador. The old man wearing a vulture themed flying suit, or the unscrupulous billionaire how kills people with Jack-O-Lanterns or the great white hunter stalking the mean streets of New York City are far more appropriate, I guess.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mysterio has such crazy potential. What director wouldn't love him? "Here, this guy's power is special effects and he's a big movie buff so you can put Spider-Man up against any creature or robot or villain from any era of cinema history and use any landscape you can imagine as the backdrop."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I liked how they handled Mysterio in Spider-Man 2 the video game. He was pretty much a big joke, but came across as a legit threat. Best boss fight ever -

http://youtu.be/ZxTxJMEHz2w?t=2m32s

rebelEpik
Jun 9, 2012
A buddy of mine just sent me a picture from the set of Spider-Man

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How would a Mysterio work today? He'd have the power to make his CGI creations come to life?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The best use of Mysterio was in the video game of Spider-Man 2. He has a giant health bar that fills up three times, and when you finally fight him, he gets knocked out in one punch.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Davros1 posted:

How would a Mysterio work today? He'd have the power to make his CGI creations come to life?

He'd be David Blaine or something unimaginative. There's so much potential there to just drug Spiderman and put him in the holodeck with his superpower.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

A toned-down, movie-friendly Kraven would be the perfect front man for the Sinister Six.

The trouble with Mysterio is that a film version would basically be Scarecrow 2.0.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best use of Mysterio was in the video game of Spider-Man 2. He has a giant health bar that fills up three times, and when you finally fight him, he gets knocked out in one punch.

Look a few posts above you. :D

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Davros1 posted:

A poo poo-ton of holograms with some robots every now and then to back them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't know what you want me to tell you if you don't want the carny stage magic villain in your movie about a crime-fighting luchador.

I'd take him, but only if he teams up with Batroc the Leaper.

Medullah posted:

I liked how they handled Mysterio in Spider-Man 2 the video game. He was pretty much a big joke, but came across as a legit threat. Best boss fight ever -

http://youtu.be/ZxTxJMEHz2w?t=2m32s

Boy has that game not aged well. I remember it looked amazing back when it came out like 8 years ago.

IIRC he was also in the PS1 Spider-Man 2, which was a direct sequel to the PS1 Spider-Man game and came out before the movies. I hated that fucker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZny1N0yJM

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 17, 2013

• Locked thread