Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah I know the kit is bad, but I don't like the look of the RD's solar panels and the HG conversion kit is like $660 on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So a couple updates for China Gunpla:

- Daban Model PG Strike Freedom is priced for 139 dollars shipped and is due out in late June/early July. Sadly, there's no first batch exclusive like in other Daban kits so break out your spray paint to get rid of the puke gold plastic.

- A Full Armor Unicorn version of the Armed Armor DE has found its way to ebay for about 18 dollars shipped. There's also a Banshee Armed Armor DE but it's for the ver. ka and not the OVA.

Edit: I! AM! PLAMO MAN!

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 13, 2013

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is that Iron Man (or War Machine?) a kit? If so who makes it?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm going to assume Dachong. You'll need to make an account if you want to browse through there though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah there are a few Iron Man boxes amongst the Gundams at my local store. If they look that good I might have to get one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This should probably go here too.

MG 173: Yet Another Strike Variant. I think this is the 7th?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
love the strike, no matter how many there are. Day 1 preorder here

Mantic
Oct 25, 2007
Can I get some recommendations for a good pair of clippers? Any advice will be helpful.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
Tamiya's Sharp Pointed Side Cutters are my favorite of all my cutters.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In my experience, as long as they're small it doesn't matter. I've been doing just fine with a handheld Radioshack wire clipper.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well, turns out there's an anime import store in my city that has RG kits for $35AU :shepspends:. I'm now the owner of an RG Aile Strike.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mantic posted:

Can I get some recommendations for a good pair of clippers? Any advice will be helpful.

Some people on other forums were gaga for a clipper called God Hand a few months ago. It looked nice but not $50 nice. Testors clippers are what I use; whatever you get make sure it has a straight edge on the backside.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
For this packaging alone I'm considering the God Hand when I need to replace some cutters:

They're only about $39 on 1999.co.jp, $75 on ebay though wtf.

Faltion fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 15, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Sorry to bring it up again, but some new info just turned up with Daban Model's Perfect Grade Strike Freedom:

Metal parts to replace the plastic ones that are famous for snapping right off on Strike Freedom's wings.

Speaking of Perfect Grades, here's my current WIP on my PG GP01: http://imgur.com/RDGLaPU,UQIQBj4,a4lAd5t,VOsyGVN

Not much yet, but for what I paid for this kit I want to do it right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'll see your damaged leg and raise you a finished RG Aile Strike (minus stickers, which I'll do when I stop cursing about the tiny stickers used for detail effects on the Aile's thrusters)

And for comparison, beside my RG Freedom

Now to start hunting down an RG Skygrasper...

Mantic
Oct 25, 2007
Thank you all for you recommendations, I decided to go with these. I will report back if they turn out to suck.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So there are 27 MGs to go before we hit 200 (which will hopefully be Turn X). We are guaranteed to get the rest of the AGE hero Gundams (AGE-1 FG, AGE 3-N/F/O, FX), Banshee Norn, the Jesta Cannon, and a variant of the upcoming Geara Doga. We're very likely going to get a Zaku II 3.0, GM 3.0, Sazabi vKa, Gundam Legilis, and Freedom/Justice vRM. We are probably going to see more of SEED Destiny HD, and that means Strike Freedom/Infinite Justice/Destiny vRM. Though it could also finally mean Blast Impulse (hahahaha no). And if Bandai decides to be really cheap, they'll go full out on the 3.0 thing and give us Gouf 3.0, Gelgoog 3.0, G3 3.0, and some sort of variant of the Zaku II 3.0 (let's be honest, they'll make like six of these eventually).

That's anywhere from 8 to to 20+ of the upcoming MGs, leaving very little room for random oddballs. MG X, Double X, V2 Assault Buster, and the ZZ 2.0 aren't going to happen anytime soon guys. :smith:

I guess what I'm saying with this is post your MG wishlist and share in my misery.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Crossbone 2.0. Do all 3 this time around. Make the X2 actually be able to hold the shotlancer.

S Gundam 2.0

Zeta III (hahaha I know right??)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
MG Kshatriya :getin:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Providence.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ignimbrite posted:

MG Kshatriya :getin:

MG Dendrobium.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

V2 Assault Buster

Stop making me sad.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
X, Double-X, Legend, Providence, Taurus

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I basically just want 27 different versions of the Serpent. Maybe swap one out for a Wing Zero TV version, I dunno.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 16, 2013

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MG HaZel :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
MG Heavyarms Custom. Nothing says "IT'S A GUNDAM!" like eight miniguns and enough missiles to level a city :black101:.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Zedd posted:

MG HaZel :(

Stick a MK II head on a Quel body!

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

muike posted:

Stick a MK II head on a Quel body!

Yeah, nah.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Closer than you're gonna get without an option kit.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

MG Hygogg is what I'd ask the head of Bandai for if I'd just saved him from a toy business hitman or something. Or a master grade style kit of Metal Gear REX. I remember reading somewhere that the GN-X was picked as one of the few 00 MGs because somebody important like a big sponsor or Tomino was asked which 00 suit was their favourite.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 16, 2013

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sometimes I wish Bandai would follow D-Arts' example and put up polls for which MG they should do next.

But then I remember that Japan hated X, Victory, and Turn A. :negative:

arhra
Jun 27, 2006

Red Bones posted:

Or a master grade style kit of Metal Gear REX.

I'm not sure if it could be described as "MG-style", but Kotobukiya released a 1/100 MG REX kit fairly recently.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Turn X, Capule, and of course the Woundwort.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Clearly the 200th MG will be Gundam 4.0. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did the MG Turn A really do that poorly?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I don't know any sales figures (is that even released anywhere?), but there was a huge outcry when it was revealed as MG 100. Combined with the Turn A anime not doing so well and the rather stark fact that we haven't seen a Turn A MG (or for that matter a Turn A kit) since...

Then again, MG Turn A is a widely praised kit just about everywhere I go so maybe public opinion has changed enough that it can be considered a success.

Picked up a SD Destiny today. (Planning to paint all five SEED Remasters someday, but first I need to actually practice painting.) Just to make sure I have this right, I just mix paint thinner and paint, brush in perpendicular coats, then wait for it cure?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 17, 2013

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Might it have had something to do with the fact that, despite Japan's massive hard on for Zeta and the UC in general, a UC protagonist suit didn't make it? I mean, I love the Turn A, but I get the feeling it could give blowjobs and it would still get push back on that alone.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't know any sales figures (is that even released anywhere?), but there was a huge outcry when it was revealed as MG 100. Combined with the Turn A anime not doing so well and the rather stark fact that we haven't seen a Turn A MG (or for that matter a Turn A kit) since...

Then again, MG Turn A is a widely praised kit just about everywhere I go so maybe public opinion has changed enough that it can be considered a success.

Picked up a SD Destiny today. (Planning to paint all five SEED Remasters someday, but first I need to actually practice painting.) Just to make sure I have this right, I just mix paint thinner and paint, brush in perpendicular coats, then wait for it cure?

in this day and age, most people dont brush anything but detail work. If you are painting whole armor plates a solid color use an airbrush or spray paint. If you can do it with a brush instead you are a better painter than most

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Fauxtool posted:

in this day and age, most people dont brush anything but detail work. If you are painting whole armor plates a solid color use an airbrush or spray paint. If you can do it with a brush instead you are a better painter than most

Speaking of paint, today I started painting a Loto (for nefarious warhammery purposes):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Dagon posted:

Speaking of paint, today I started painting a Loto (for nefarious warhammery purposes):

It be better be for the Tau :orks:

• Locked thread