Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

For Hydlide, here is my angel spam macro

#show Empyrean Ascension
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empyrean Ascension
cast Dancing Limbs
cast Storm Nova
cast Energy Beam
cast Shocking Touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting for a guild invite, got one. Thanks!

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 17, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Is anyone else getting consistent disconnects? I've been kicked multiple times out of rift for what seems like the past week, and it's only happening during prime time. I think it may have even been before f2p? I think it's their servers but it just as well could be on my end.

I can't even finish the dps queue because I dc before it pops and I get sent to the back of the line again :(

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I've been interested in the soul system in this game for a while, but I'm allergic to monthly fees, so I haven't thought about it for a while. Kicking myself for missing the Raptr promotion. How essential are the expansion souls for each class? If I want to play a mage, how crappy will my life be if I want to play this without giving Trion any money until I know I'm sticking with it?
Just to expand on some of the answers here, leveling as a mage with no Storm Legion classes is entirely doable and not that big of a deal it seems for the first 40ish levels, started a few days ago and have no issues with dpsing or healing Instant Actions or Instances or soloing.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
I've leveled all the way to 48 or so with almost entirely Pyro. You don't need Harbinger. I've heard post 50 it's nice with Harbinger though, because mobs have more HP. Whatever, we'll see. :)

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
In as Kantaris, would request an invite please (Warrior)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Some stuff about Stronghold's I've figured out. Some of it may be wrong but it could help folks.

You can see strongholds on the map in Dendrome, they look like larger footholds surrounded by elites. They come in level 60 (meant for 2-4 folks, real tough to solo) and 62 (10+ apparently). To start the stronghold event, you need to clear out the surrounding mobs and then hit the stronghold with a flare. This summons a Mech (or something else for the Hailol maybe) that attacks the stronghold, and the stronghold sends a few elite invasions to attack the mech. Once the stronghold is cleared out, a jump pad appears and soon the stronghold will start to get attacked by a small number of elites.

Here's what you need to do: Upgrade everything the same way you upgrade guns in Ghunts. The mech, the jump pad, take the jump pad up and upgrade the blue balls floating around into more jump pads. There's 3 special items on the jump pads: Lifespring which gives a 20S heal/absorb buff that stacks up to 5, a spire thing that gives a 30S damage buff, and suction balls. The balls will draw in any flying enemies that appear so you can melee them. I think they also do less damage in melee.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I've just started playing again and I'm in as Quotable. I played during the intial beta but I'm still confused about where to go and what to do. Should I just start questing until I hit endgame or should I be spacing out my game play and trying a bit of everything?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Kegslayer posted:

I've just started playing again and I'm in as Quotable. I played during the intial beta but I'm still confused about where to go and what to do. Should I just start questing until I hit endgame or should I be spacing out my game play and trying a bit of everything?
I found instant adventure to be very helpful getting gear and leveling up, you just run around with other people and kill things and nobody yells at you for not knowing what you're doing. If you wanted to you could just do instant adventures for the rest of your time playing.

One thing I'm not liking is the auction house. There's no buy orders, and as far as I can tell there is no way quick way to price an item without searching for it. I just want to sell crafting materials and kill monsters.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 17, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Yaos posted:

One thing I'm not liking is the auction house. There's no buy orders, and as far as I can tell there is no way quick way to price an item without searching for it. I just want to sell crafting materials and kill monsters.

The BananAH add-on will help with this.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I have a lv50 Cleric stuck on Belmont from waaaay back in the early days of Rift.

Deepwood is not an available transfer shard.

I assume this means I'm hosed, and get to level from 1, if I want to roll with you guys?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Would like an invite for DangerouslyCheesey please

Nuada
Nov 4, 2012
Please invite:
Amshhuan
Neep
Ruaidin
Ambmoe

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Clitch posted:

I have a lv50 Cleric stuck on Belmont from waaaay back in the early days of Rift.

Deepwood is not an available transfer shard.

I assume this means I'm hosed, and get to level from 1, if I want to roll with you guys?

Not hosed for good, servers do open up. But I imagine that Deepwood will be locked from receiving transfers for the short term.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Some stuff about Stronghold's I've figured out. Some of it may be wrong but it could help folks.

You can see strongholds on the map in Dendrome, they look like larger footholds surrounded by elites. They come in level 60 (meant for 2-4 folks, real tough to solo) and 62 (10+ apparently). To start the stronghold event, you need to clear out the surrounding mobs and then hit the stronghold with a flare. This summons a Mech (or something else for the Hailol maybe) that attacks the stronghold, and the stronghold sends a few elite invasions to attack the mech. Once the stronghold is cleared out, a jump pad appears and soon the stronghold will start to get attacked by a small number of elites.

Here's what you need to do: Upgrade everything the same way you upgrade guns in Ghunts. The mech, the jump pad, take the jump pad up and upgrade the blue balls floating around into more jump pads. There's 3 special items on the jump pads: Lifespring which gives a 20S heal/absorb buff that stacks up to 5, a spire thing that gives a 30S damage buff, and suction balls. The balls will draw in any flying enemies that appear so you can melee them. I think they also do less damage in melee.

To Clarify-

Empyrean Alliance flares on Strongholds will do Stronghold events.

Hailol flares on Footholds will do Hailol stuff.

The key to success in either is the Nexus Infusion ability (in addition to other mechanics for Stronghold bosses). Make sure you have whatever thing you're supposed to protect on focus and nexus infuse it if its hp gets too low.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Zoness posted:

To Clarify-

The key to success in either is the Nexus Infusion ability (in addition to other mechanics for Stronghold bosses). Make sure you have whatever thing you're supposed to protect on focus and nexus infuse it if its hp gets too low.

I only realized about 10 minutes ago while protecting a Wardstone that you can heal them. My Chloromancer sure was happy to find that out!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

cheese posted:

Would like an invite for DangerouslyCheesey please
CheeseCheese as well - its by characters yes?

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Stampy have you thought about moving the guild to the other cluster? Would help alleviate some of the problems with Deepwood always being full and people not being able to xfer to the guild, and I don't think there's anything really holding us to here right? I say do it, I haven't been on so I can't really comment on anything first hand but I don't really see any negatives to doing it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

The core gameplay remains the same with some streamlining (they've gone a long way toward making more and more specs viable) and the best cash shop I've ever seen in a game.

Like seriously, $5 will have you in kick rear end gear the entire time you are leveling, such a smart move considering the massive influx of people

And so many corgis! :swoon:

$5? Last time I checked a set of level 40 gear was like 2000 funbux which is like 10 euro. Did they lower the prices?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KaneTW posted:

$5? Last time I checked a set of level 40 gear was like 2000 funbux which is like 10 euro. Did they lower the prices?

It'll be more if you just get the next full set every 10 levels, but you get lots of gear no matter how you level, so all you should really need are a few pieces here and there to address weaknesses.

Like, before I just had to put up with good tanking belts/helms/shoulders being really rare from 20-30, but now for like 50 cents I can get some and rock out! A good shield and some block and now I'm back to finishing dungeons with as many pulls are there are bosses.

Now if only they'd address the sub-50 trinket drought :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

vandiar posted:

Stampy have you thought about moving the guild to the other cluster? Would help alleviate some of the problems with Deepwood always being full and people not being able to xfer to the guild, and I don't think there's anything really holding us to here right? I say do it, I haven't been on so I can't really comment on anything first hand but I don't really see any negatives to doing it.

We've tossed the idea around in officer chat. The queues don't seem to be a problem anymore but the server is definitely crowded. On one hand, we have faeblight on our cluster for awesome cross shard groups. On the other hand, we have seastone on the cluster for terrible pvp. Making it worse is that the new shard on the other cluster is pvp, so that is right out. It sounded like Generally Good was debating what to do. Once they have decided, then we can react (since one of the raid's main tanks is on faeblight). I am hoping that they decide to go to Hailol.

There is no sentimental regard for derpwood though. So don't worry folks, transfers in rift are free and weekly. If the guild moves, you would be prompted to move with it or not when you log in, and it's all done for you.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

We've tossed the idea around in officer chat. The queues don't seem to be a problem anymore but the server is definitely crowded. On one hand, we have faeblight on our cluster for awesome cross shard groups. On the other hand, we have seastone on the cluster for terrible pvp. Making it worse is that the new shard on the other cluster is pvp, so that is right out. It sounded like Generally Good was debating what to do. Once they have decided, then we can react (since one of the raid's main tanks is on faeblight). I am hoping that they decide to go to Hailol.

There is no sentimental regard for derpwood though. So don't worry folks, transfers in rift are free and weekly. If the guild moves, you would be prompted to move with it or not when you log in, and it's all done for you.

Nothing to do with the guild transfer but are you sure that transferring to another SERVER would be painless? I mean, before these last shard changes, transferring between EU <-> NA was not allowed for a reason.

EDIT: Also, i'm 60, wooo! Time to re-learn the game again. :psyduck:

madstrike fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 17, 2013

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Transferring your characters these days is literally selecting a character and pressing a button, with a week cooldown. EU <-> NA had some issues with them losing characters or something so they do not offer that, but transfer between NA servers is easy and painless.

Mandragora
Sep 14, 2006

Resembles a Pirate Captain

StumblyWumbly posted:

To add to this, one really obnoxious thing I first encountered last night - the strongholds that result in the Iron Maiden boss lady will spawn a lot of those bulky storm mechs that drop a lightning whorl on the ground. This can easily be avoided before it does much damage to you. If you are on a platform directly above it, though, you will not see the graphic but will still take an absolute buttload of damage if you can't jump away in time, and if you get caught by both that and a sky drake's shackle spell you are almost definitely dead. So be very aware of when a wave contains one of those mechs and prioritize it over the drakes, the stronghold can usually take an aerial beating for a minute while you're on the ground dealing with the metal fatties.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Tairon posted:

Transferring your characters these days is literally selecting a character and pressing a button, with a week cooldown. EU <-> NA had some issues with them losing characters or something so they do not offer that, but transfer between NA servers is easy and painless.

From what I've seen, transfers between EU <-> NA were prone to issues because it was between 2 different servers. NA shards AT THAT TIME were all on the same server, so there were no issues. However, this week, they split the NA shards into 2 servers, hence why i asked.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

madstrike posted:

From what I've seen, transfers between EU <-> NA were prone to issues because it was between 2 different servers. NA shards AT THAT TIME were all on the same server, so there were no issues. However, this week, they split the NA shards into 2 servers, hence why i asked.

the na-eu transfers were a problem because they were in different datacenters. both na clusters are in the same datacenter.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Invites done through this post.

President Evil
Oct 10, 2012
Could I please get an invite?

Sxualhealing

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

the na-eu transfers were a problem because they were in different datacenters. both na clusters are in the same datacenter.

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
:sigh: Rejoining this mess (yet) again now that it's free. Probably just going to spend days fishing and gathering rather than getting anywhere.

Name's Medbh, Guardian prettyelf. I'd like an invite please.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 17, 2013

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Reading about level 60 mage builds makes my head hurt.

I'll just stick to my 61 Harbinger for soloing and my macro-Pyro for 5 mans/Rifts. Doubt i'll be able to raid anyway so ...

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

To Clarify-

Ha! That's why my flares didn't work. So can Footholds be solo'd?.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

Not only that, if I remember correctly EU and NA use very slightly different schemas on their database to handle languages.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Question for the higher-ups: What's the plan for tonight? I'd assume Crucia would be the default, but now half the raid group is elsewhere.

Grim Awakening?

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Where do you spend Frozen Eclipse Stones? I got lucky and got some from a lockbox that my loyalty thing gave me the key for.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

madstrike posted:

Reading about level 60 mage builds makes my head hurt.

I'll just stick to my 61 Harbinger for soloing and my macro-Pyro for 5 mans/Rifts. Doubt i'll be able to raid anyway so ...

61 warlock is both much higher effective DPS than a macro'd up pyro, and is also pretty fun. You just have to juggle a few dots, and honestly things will usually die before too many rotations of your cooldown juggling so it isn't even hard really.

Also, you can actually use it for respectable DPS in a raid if you do decide to go that way.

edit: just remember that a huge bit of your DPS spikes up after 50% on a mob's life is gone so you can start using death's door.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zarick posted:

Where do you spend Frozen Eclipse Stones? I got lucky and got some from a lockbox that my loyalty thing gave me the key for.

The raid vendor next to the expert gear vendor in TB. Cheapest thing is 90 stones

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Platypus Farm posted:

edit: just remember that a huge bit of your DPS spikes up after 50% on a mob's life is gone so you can start using death's door.

That is the only part of warlock that is :smith: .. on a lot of progression, and a few other fights that have quick target burning, you don't get to see warlock at its full potential. If you can get a fight where you can at least stay on the main target most of the time and it goes sub 50% the damage takes off, its fun.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Posting for a guild invite. I'm snoopdoggydogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Any chance of us trying to get a GA group going tonight? We were only 2-3 people short on Thursday...

• Locked thread