Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Or you could just camp... Zykean? I think? In Fear Itself. He drops a CoP ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

After a million swarm sessions + tons of xping in RoF, the mechanics are most certainly different for the two. Like Illa just said,

????

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Shawl 3.0 done. The entire 3.0 quest chain (excluding the raid version) took less time than the jewel crafting trial for the 2.0. Thanks for your help jetz0r/Illa.

I spent an unspeakable amount of money, starting from about 170 in all the tradeskills. Someone guess. I want to know how shamed I should feel.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The 3 times I've maxed TSes, I've spent about 400k, 300k, and 1.2m. the last was on test where I was throwing everything on the ground and copying all supplies.

I'm guessing maxing a char of mine on Xegony would run in the 3-400k range since I have a pretty good stockpile of supplies and a good line on buying more. With fletching being by far the worst plat sink. Another 200k if I had to buy supplies and was willing to wait on deals. Wood elves and Karana worshipers have SUCH a good thing with store bought fletching to 300.

Someone in guild sold 10 kronos (*200k) to pay for his shawl supplies, so I hope you came in lower than that.

Esp since I can be bought to do all the combines for around that, plus 2-3 kronos for the plat.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

The 3 times I've maxed TSes, I've spent about 400k, 300k, and 1.2m. the last was on test where I was throwing everything on the ground and copying all supplies.

I'm guessing maxing a char of mine on Xegony would run in the 3-400k range since I have a pretty good stockpile of supplies and a good line on buying more. With fletching being by far the worst plat sink. Another 200k if I had to buy supplies and was willing to wait on deals. Wood elves and Karana worshipers have SUCH a good thing with store bought fletching to 300.

Someone in guild sold 10 kronos (*200k) to pay for his shawl supplies, so I hope you came in lower than that.

Esp since I can be bought to do all the combines for around that, plus 2-3 kronos for the plat.

Haha, nope. I spent more than ten kronos worth, but not by an obscene amount. I didn't care if I was being price gouged, I just wanted it done. Fletching and jewel crafting was the worst in terms of plat loss. Getting all that money from doing the hunter achievements for tier 1 really helped fund that. I have every single tier 1 named dead, except of course for the Cockblock of War, who is way too tough to box.

But now I have the tank shawl, a full set of tier 1 raid armor, and a raid knight one hander and knight two hander. If everything goes well this Wednesday, I'll purchase a raid shield too. I'm pleased.

I'm also two collection items away from getting the sliver of fear (goblin's log 3, gelatinous lemniscale) but those are so terribly expensive I just can't bear to buy it after I spent all the money on the shawl. 100k per? Ugh.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I'm thinking of making the move to Test from Cazic Thule. My two year subscription ends the beginning of July.

Other than copying a lot of platinum; Is there anything else that one would recommend copying over en mass or otherwise?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any gear you may ever want to use for your main as well as any alts you have or might create. Probably the worst part of Test is that it is sometimes hard to find level specific gear unless you have a way of copying it over from a live server.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
POTIONS. So annoying to find on test. If you like scorp agony/spider's bite it's hard to find consistently on test. If you want to make any lowbies, you're gonna be SOL trying to get them armor so bring some of that over.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Node posted:

Haha, nope. I spent more than ten kronos worth, but not by an obscene amount. I didn't care if I was being price gouged, I just wanted it done. Fletching and jewel crafting was the worst in terms of plat loss.

As someone who likes to mark up fletching stuff, that must have sucked =/.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Man I really, really hate pet classes, so I rerolled as a berserker, pling on FV is really cheap (assuming you get someone who works for it), I'm going to be 90 with about $10 worth of plat spent.

Name is Jerusalem if anyone wants to be doing grouping/bullshitting. It'll take me a day to get my skills / AA's up though.

Also, that list of stuff is a good start but does anyone have some mandatory-esque items they know of for a berserker/melee I should be getting? Like what's easiest for self haste, run speed, etc.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 13, 2013

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Easiest self haste are 50p haste potions, run sspeed is the run 5 aa. Overhaste is probably the group. Click from one of the last expansions, or raid one from coa or soltaris. Circle of power 3 fromfrom solt or some other old raid.

But you're on fv, so who loving knows which are easiest to get.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Holy poo poo they took out the arena dummy guy? Almost 90 and still with level 1 defensive skills, can't even think of a way to get them raised up now.

And thanks jetzor, didn't know haste potions were that good.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There's a group haste click from a named in warrens and one from one of the named in the dark coven part of SS. I want to say from the named dog but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Midnight City posted:

Holy poo poo they took out the arena dummy guy? Almost 90 and still with level 1 defensive skills, can't even think of a way to get them raised up now.

And thanks jetzor, didn't know haste potions were that good.

You can skillup on grey mobs. Get a healer merc and go let Skyrake in Sunderock beat on you. I got my combat defensive skills maxed out at 90 there. I'm not sure if this works with any grey mob or if that one is bugged.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Stanos posted:

There's a group haste click from a named in warrens and one from one of the named in the dark coven part of SS. I want to say from the named dog but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, the korsican warrens one should be really easy.

On fv you can probably find fabled eyepatches of plunder or wurmscale girdles for normal haste clickes, but the potions are 10 hours of haste per 1k. So it takes a long time for other options to save money.

You can gain offensive skills from beating on a merc in a duel. Do it in a gh and they can keep heal over time buffs forever.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Cool, thanks for all the advice. Is there a forum for zerker like there is for SKs and used to be mages? I have no idea what kind of augs I should be going after as a zerker or really what AA's are even important besides the obvious ones.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

http://www.goberserker.com/forums/

Some more useful links at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/useful-links.128/

You should toss your serverwide class chat and goon chat in to your autojoin. Assuming your class chat isn't complete poo poo, those two should be able to cover almost any questions that come up.

Hdex would be my aug focus on a zerker. It provides 2% more avoidance per 25 points (+1% to each of parry and riposte) and a slight increase in your crit rate, maybe decap proc rate, too. It also provides +1 dmg to range attacks per 10. This damage is pre-crit, so it can be multiplied by crits and other effects.

Hstr is much worse imo. No bonus to survival and +1 post-crit damage per a 10 Hstr. That damage is added at the end of the damage calc and won't be multiplied by anything. I just did some math for an eqlive post that put above-optimal conditions on a raid burn from a Hstr focused aug set being worth about 100dps. For a class that could peak over 100,000 dps at 95 and 200k at 100, that is a very pathetic amount. At least it's easy to figure out much dps you gain from Hstr. Total number of melee during parse, divide by duration in seconds, multiply by Hstr/10.

But since you just bought a PL to 90, you should just be filling out aug slots with something useful. Probably just AC/hps, whatever heroic you can get. Don't spend too much time on any aug with less than 5 Hdex since it will be replaced down the line.

Edit: Don't pay attention to the zerkers whining on eqlive about being useless. They are terrible and do not know to play their class. Zerkers have won or been top 3 in drat near every burn fight we've done in the past couple weeks.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 15, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I don't blame them because trying to play a zerker after PLing one just confused and angered me.

ClassActJerk
Nov 4, 2010

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.
New Hotzones are up on test.

20- Warsliks Woods
25- Marus Seru
30- Frontier Mountains
35- Dawn Shroudpeaks
40- Jagged Pine Forest
45- Burning Wood
50- Corathus Creep
55- Bloodfields
60- Sunderock Springs
65- Plane of Air
70- Wall of Slaughter
75- Ocean Green Hills
80- Hills of Shade
85- Old Blood Fields
90- Valley of Lunanyn

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The Grounds is also a hot zone

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

I only got the basic 1k AA's for the zerker at 100, I'm planning to go around doing all the old quests/raids from classic to whatever I can accomplish on my own and doing decap runs in HoT T1-2 places to learn how to play the zerker but I'll probably just end up confused and angry, this is easily the most cooldown juggling of any class I've played almost to the point where it's just not fun anymore. Sort of like a rogue in WoW.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

There's some posts on goberserker about making spam buttons. Basically putting all your spammable abilities onto the same keybind. That should cut down a lot of it.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Just as a warning - be very careful with zerker abilities if you're using a merc healer.

A lot of them drain health at a fairly alarming rate. If you use them with a merc healer, especially on named that are level appropriate, your merc healer will happily let the tank die while it's healing up your zerker's constant self-damage. You can still put out *very* respectable dps as a zerker without beating the poo poo out of your own health.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Thanks for all the tips, it is making it a lot easier. Still not quite good at playing zerker but getting there.

Totally unrelated question but is there a way to make the /chatfontsize size you want for other windows to stick? It always stays the size I want it in my main chat window but I have to go around changing 'always chat here' to each separate box every time I log on and re-update the other boxes to a higher size, gets very tedious.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I only had to the "always chat here, /chatfontsize" to each window once. Then I copied my entire equi_char_server.ini to each box.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
How are Sony's account recovery customer service policies? Been thinking of messing around on test server a bit this summer and I've got an old account that I haven't touched in like 10 years and I don't remember the password and 10 year younger me must have set something incomprehensible for the recovery questions because they're not the real answers. Is it just easier to start from scratch? I had at least a few thousand plat I could put to good use and some twink stuff, but defiant gear seems so much better than anything I had.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nodelphi posted:

How are Sony's account recovery customer service policies? Been thinking of messing around on test server a bit this summer and I've got an old account that I haven't touched in like 10 years and I don't remember the password and 10 year younger me must have set something incomprehensible for the recovery questions because they're not the real answers. Is it just easier to start from scratch? I had at least a few thousand plat I could put to good use and some twink stuff, but defiant gear seems so much better than anything I had.

Much easier to just start over again. I went through the process of recovering my account for purely sentimental reasons, and it was relatively painless but took forever to finally link it to me. If you don't have any attachment to the characters, leveling a new character on Test is super easy (I two boxed two new characters and went from 25-60 in about 3 hours or so of play time)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Nodelphi posted:

By the time you get your account recovered, you could be past that twink gear and already way past the content you quit at. Especially on test.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ClassActJerk posted:

New Hotzones are up on test.

20- Warsliks Woods
25- Marus Seru
30- Frontier Mountains
35- Dawn Shroudpeaks
40- Jagged Pine Forest
45- Burning Wood
50- Corathus Creep
55- Bloodfields
60- Sunderock Springs
65- Plane of Air
70- Wall of Slaughter
75- Ocean Green Hills
80- Hills of Shade
85- Old Blood Fields
90- Valley of Lunanyn

Really Sony? The Plane of Air? That is not a place to level. What a weird place to put a hotzone.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nodelphi posted:

Give it a shot, everyone I know who's had an old account has been able to recover it.

But like others have said, a few K and some old gear is worth basically nothing. You would have more Vet rewards and a bunch of random /claim things and probably lon packs on your old account. All that stuff is worth recovering.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pon de Bundy posted:

Really Sony? The Plane of Air? That is not a place to level. What a weird place to put a hotzone.

I had never been there before so I saw it was a hotzone and brought my 3 box team of level 65 characters. I will not be returning.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

What the gently caress is with RoF SK armor colors?

All undyed, T2 BP and bracer, rest is T1.

Pon de Bundy posted:

I wonder how many people will mix up air and sky.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

jetz0r posted:

Give it a shot, everyone I know who's had an old account has been able to recover it.

But like others have said, a few K and some old gear is worth basically nothing. You would have more Vet rewards and a bunch of random /claim things and probably lon packs on your old account. All that stuff is worth recovering.

Yeah but he's on test so he automatically gets max veteran rewards. The LoN cards would be a bit of a loss but you can't sell any loot from free cards so unless he gets really lucky it won't matter. Although I do use my sparklers and dragorn mask once in a while to be annoying in the guild lobby. :v:

UngratefulD
Mar 31, 2011
My two friends and I rerolled last month on our old server Cazic Thule. We are thinking of copying to test now. Does the goon guild there have a sponsorship program for non goons? Unfortunately neither of my friends are goons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The goon guild doesn't really exist anymore. All my toons are in it, but we are usually the only ones online in the guild. There's a small handful of others that still log on, but it's rare. Your best bet would be to find one of the more prominent guilds on the server that has a few goons in it, and try to hook up with them. Hopefully someone in here has some more info. I'd be interested in joining as well actually.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 17, 2013

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've been working on DoN progression this weekend, and there is something insanely satisfying about soloing a raid that you can remember wiping on with 53 other people helping.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
The only thing remotely close to a goon guild on Test at the moment is Flarestar's Luclin server guild, which is full of a bunch of people who used to play on Luclin. There's 3 or 4 goons in that, I'm in LoB, and I think the other assorted goons barely play and are in self-made guilds.

Flare's guild is technically only for Luclin vets, but if he knows and likes you enough he might let you in :3: Really though, as long as you don't join Knight Owl Haven or Kar Von Gar you'll be fine on Test

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Braehax is in Knight Owl :v:

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

darkhand posted:

Braehax is in Knight Owl :v:

The leader headshot-PL'd me from 60-70, I basically had to accept his invite at that point.

Edit: I'd also like to know the story behind why Knight Owl is bad, I've got a reputation to worry about!

Donny J fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UngratefulD
Mar 31, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

The only thing remotely close to a goon guild on Test at the moment is Flarestar's Luclin server guild, which is full of a bunch of people who used to play on Luclin. There's 3 or 4 goons in that, I'm in LoB, and I think the other assorted goons barely play and are in self-made guilds.

Flare's guild is technically only for Luclin vets, but if he knows and likes you enough he might let you in :3: Really though, as long as you don't join Knight Owl Haven or Kar Von Gar you'll be fine on Test

Alright then. Thanks for the information. I guess I will start shopping around. So what's the story behind Knight Owl Haven and Kar Von Gar?