Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Speaking of funny American things this is by far the funniest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLB1WV4kCT4

It took me half the video to be sure this wasn't a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
That's it America. I'm joining Al-Qaeda.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Kronum is loving awful. However, you can thank america for the creation of slamball. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Ok, that was much better. We cool, America. We cool.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Crunkjuice posted:

Kronum is loving awful. However, you can thank america for the creation of slamball.

I was all ready to type up a reply that included slamball. I still miss it to this day.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Ewar Woowar posted:

I love the bored fat spectators in #5

black_goldCM
Jun 10, 2013

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Reminds me when I played american football as a kid. Never played soccer in the snow though, look like it would have been fun.

it isn't as slippery as you think.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

Holy crap, what kind of The Ocho sport is this? Is Kronum a thing people have actually heard of before?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Crunkjuice posted:

Kronum is loving awful. However, you can thank america for the creation of slamball. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI

loving hell, full contact? Those guys must get concussions like mad.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hallowed Turban posted:

loving hell, full contact? Those guys must get concussions like mad.
That's kind of the point with American sports.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

In case you can't make out what that is:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

looking fabulous

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What's with the random goon in that one pic?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Tigren posted:

Holy crap, what kind of The Ocho sport is this? Is Kronum a thing people have actually heard of before?
Nah.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

i...uh..what?! did gaelic football and handball have dirty inter-species sex with eggball and basketball?!

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 16, 2013

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

This looks like some sort of special needs handball :confused:.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
What? Everyone loves Kronum, many folks in TRP watch it as well.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

tbp posted:

What? Everyone loves Kronum, many folks in TRP watch it as well.

I just paid for my Dorito's Season Pass on FOX Sports.

Sin Dios
Aug 7, 2004

So, kinda black-looking, mostly brown colombian player "Dorlan Pabon" joins Monterrey squad and he gets greeted by fans with this awesome sign:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Mario is so good playing for teams he actually wants to play for (Milan and Italy), I still like him even though i'm glad we got rid.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
This one is funnier.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

https://www.guardian.co.uk/football/audio/2008/oct/03/joe.kinnear

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

It's even better than I remembered

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

It's even better than I remembered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oa2XpBco-A

Original, lmao it's so great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We better get another rant like that from him otherwise whats the point

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Calmest face he made all match.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
This World Cup is gonna be Messi alright.

South Africa, Brazil, Russia and Qatar, FIFA sure knows how to pick'em.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there a thread for how hosed up and dangerous the WC in brazil is going to be or would that just go in the general South America thread?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
South Africa seemed to pull it off well enough, and that country is in a worse state than Brazil.

Not to say it isn't a colossal waste of needed money for both countries, but it'll probably be fine for visitors.

dox
Mar 4, 2006

Francostein posted:

Is there a thread for how hosed up and dangerous the WC in brazil is going to be or would that just go in the general South America thread?

We should make a thread about how most Brazilians are actually trying to put on a good tournament for the world to watch, despite a lot of the rhetoric in the press in the past few weeks. It's not like going to Brazil is equal to a guaranteed mugging and a complimentary beating, although the likelihood is more than in the U.S. and probably on par with Russia.

On a better note, Gareth Bale is legitimately trying to copyright his "heart" celebration.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

peanut- posted:

South Africa seemed to pull it off well enough, and that country is in a worse state than Brazil.

Not to say it isn't a colossal waste of needed money for both countries, but it'll probably be fine for visitors.

I just remembered hearing on the Spanish news how the efforts the Brazilian police do in preparation for the tournament is actually making the surrounding villages worse in the long run. I thought it would make an interesting thread but I don't know enough about the region aside from second hand anecdotes and that one episode of the Simpsons where homer gets kidnapped to make a good thread for it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
She should move to the men's team

http://www.givemesport.com/352962-barcelona-womens-star-scores-lionel-messiesque-solo-goal

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

That gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol from the announcer was awesome.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Their women's team can't be that good since their national team is terrible

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
This came up a few weeks ago, it's just that stupid ugly logo drawing he's trademarking, not the actual gesture.

edit: lol its called the "11 of hearts"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Francostein posted:

I just remembered hearing on the Spanish news how the efforts the Brazilian police do in preparation for the tournament is actually making the surrounding villages worse in the long run. I thought it would make an interesting thread but I don't know enough about the region aside from second hand anecdotes and that one episode of the Simpsons where homer gets kidnapped to make a good thread for it.

Actually on the whole, police/government action has helped a lot. Favelas have been recognized and normalized slowly whereas before they were dealt with as non-entities. The percentage of favelas run by gangs has dropped by a large percentage, I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but I have been following this story pretty closely. The HDI's of Sao Paulo and Rio are 0.851 and 0.842 respectively. The United Kingdom is 0.875 and Russia is 0.788 for reference. That picture is kind of really dumb. Every country hosting the WC and or Olympics always deals with out of control spending, big stadiums, infrastructure issues, and hotel capacity problems. Sao Paulo and Rio are quite safe in the downtown areas when there aren't a million police and BOPE patrolling the streets so I wouldn't worry about when the WC is on. The image looks like someone is fed up with the money being spent/inconveniences and threw on top "DRUG GANGS" to make their point seem more forceful. I am rambling now, but as someone else said, if South Africa pulled it off, don't worry about Brazil.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 17, 2013

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's going to be an awesome tournament, I'm sure. It might not be profitable, but Brazil is one the biggest and fastest growing economies of the world and I think they will benefit from it in the long term. I'm more worried about Russia and the farce surrounding Qatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I've been to Brazil twice and they sold coconut with condensed milk in the street. And once Flamengo played against Fluminense and people were celebrating everywhere. Just goes to show that they will do ok with the World Cup.

• Locked thread