Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

I always loved his reaction when Osborn threatened to use The Void on Doom.

It's a reasonable question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I still miss his anime hip-hop outfit. Way cooler than goofy rear end skull outfit. But it is less funny.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
My favorite part from his miniseries was when Taskmaster has to save the girl hes been traveling with from a musical mexican drug cartel:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mister Roboto posted:

Have Taskmaster and Red Skull ever met?

They were associates during the John Walker Captain America days.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gavok posted:

They were associates during the John Walker Captain America days.

It would be weird to walk into a room that had just the two of them in it.

"Was...was I supposed to wear a skull mask? Nobody told me!"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

prezbuluskey posted:

My favorite part from his miniseries was when Taskmaster has to save the girl hes been traveling with from a musical mexican drug cartel:

Gods above and below, do I hope they bring back Don of the Dead. That was such a horrible yet well-executed pun that he needs to come back sometimes.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

prezbuluskey posted:

D-Domino Hurley?

Is that you?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

And a Flight of the Conchords joke to boot

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ManiacClown posted:

Gods above and below, do I hope they bring back Don of the Dead. That was such a horrible yet well-executed pun that he needs to come back sometimes.

But...the DG-20 isn't an electric guitar. It's a guitar shaped midi controller.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll be happy when he shows up in a film. As he is like the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Starsnostars posted:

I always loved his reaction when Osborn threatened to use The Void on Doom.

(Siege: The Cabal)

Out of curiosity, what happened next? I can't imagine Doom letting himself be forced to do anything or let somebody like Osborn get the upper hand on him. Case in point:

From Superman and Spider-Man, 1981.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Jerusalem posted:

Out of curiosity, what happened next? I can't imagine Doom letting himself be forced to do anything or let somebody like Osborn get the upper hand on him. Case in point:

From Superman and Spider-Man, 1981.

IIRC Doom had sent a Doombot in his place and used it to unleash a swarm of killer robotic bees. Also that tie-in splash ruins the suspense of the same sequence in the main arc, where the void is hidden and you're not meant to know at that point what it is.

Anyway, I enjoyed Taskmaster in The Initiative and the series also introduced me to the best Ant-man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Milotic posted:

IIRC Doom had sent a Doombot in his place and used it to unleash a swarm of killer robotic bees.

Oh Doom :allears:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Irredeemable Ant-Man and Taskmaster are both fantastic; post more panels of either/both!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Jerusalem posted:

I always enjoy him and Deadpool.

From Dark Reign Deadpool #9

That panel could only be better if Wade actually name dropped Taskmaster's secret identity when cursing him out.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Sizone posted:

It's a Flight of the Conchords quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5AQIlmM0I&t=64s

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And then at the end Osborn calls to go all megalomaniacal at him:

From Siege: The Cabal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

His son? I've lost track, is Harry alive or dead?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jerusalem posted:

Been alive since Brand New Day, yet hasn't done anything interesting or worthwhile the whole time.

Doom is being extra lovely here because Osborn went out of his way to save Doom's kingdom from Morgan Le Fay while expecting no reward other than Doom going along with Osborn's plans once in a while. And Doom wouldn't even do that much. Doom would have been completely screwed without the Dark Avengers intervening, but he didn't even say thanks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jerusalem posted:

Mephisto brought him back to life because Everyone But Gwen Stacy Resurrects apparently comes in the Sell Your Marriage Package Deal.

They shoulda brought Gwen back too, I mean gently caress it, go whole hog or don't go at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Doom is being extra lovely here because Osborn went out of his way to save Doom's kingdom from Morgan Le Fay while expecting no reward other than Doom going along with Osborn's plans once in a while. And Doom wouldn't even do that much. Doom would have been completely screwed without the Dark Avengers intervening, but he didn't even say thanks.

Doom saying thank you would be acknowledging he needed help or that Osborn providing it was anything other than his duty as an (unknowing) servant of Doom :colbert:

Edit: just for fun, here's Norman being Dad of the Year as usual:

I think the source of The Amazing Spider-Man #23#37 - thanks bobkatt

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 18, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Doom saying thank you would be acknowledging he needed help or that Osborn providing it was anything other than his duty as an (unknowing) servant of Doom :colbert:

Edit: just for fun, here's Norman being Dad of the Year as usual:

I think the source of The Amazing Spider-Man #23

It is 37

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Doom is being extra lovely here...
We're talking about the same Doom that would hire Luke Cage for $200 and then fist-fight him for demanding Doom actually pay it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

We're talking about the same Doom that would hire Luke Cage for $200 and then fist-fight him for demanding Doom actually pay it.

Goddamn I love Doom so much :allears:

An oldie but a goodie, you'll be shocked to learn it's from an issue of Spidey Super Stories. #53 to be exact.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn I love Doom so much :allears:

An oldie but a goodie, you'll be shocked to learn it's from an issue of Spidey Super Stories. #53 to be exact.

And that, of course, leads to this:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Doctor Doom: grade A dick.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

And here's how it began:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I would do that if I ruled my own country. And so would you all.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bongo Bill posted:

And here's how it began:

That is probably the most perfect exposition I have ever seen :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"loving kids :rolleyes:"

From Super Villain Team-Up #7

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
e: gently caress, beaten like 5 times.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 18, 2013

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

Sizone posted:

I own one and confirm it is an electric guitar.
It has a MIDI option sure but primarily it is an unholy combination of synthesizer and guitar.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

How can you guys post Dr. Doom moments and not post the best one?

Heroes for Hire, don't know the issue number.

And from a JMS issue of Spider-Man:

The guard is Captain America.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Been alive since Brand New Day, yet hasn't done anything interesting or worthwhile the whole time.

Last time we saw him he looked the same as Walter White so Harry might be cooking meth on the side.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Doctor Doom is my favourite character. These two pages were one of my first posts on SA, but for posterity:

X-Men 56, from the Onslaught saga.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

In the absence of context I like to think "Stand aside, Gretchen" was Doom being incredibly immature and addressing Shroud.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Solomonic posted:

In the absence of context I like to think "Stand aside, Gretchen" was Doom being incredibly immature and addressing Shroud.

Since there is a lady standing right behind him, I think it's safe to say that the context isn't absent at all.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Solomonic posted:

I'm trying to imagine a voice sounding menacing while saying the name "Gretchen" and it just gets funnier and funnier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Majuju posted:

Doctor Doom is my favourite character. These two pages were one of my first posts on SA, but for posterity:

X-Men 56, from the Onslaught saga.
Ugh, how dare doom confuse Joseph with Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Endless Mike posted:

Ugh, how dare doom confuse Joseph with Magneto.
At that point, he was thought to be Magneto. It wasn't until a year-and-some later Magneto reappeared. The cover of the issue even bills him as Magneto.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/14346/x-men_1991_56

• Locked thread