Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Mexcillent posted:

Really missing Pusha on the album.

kanye gave him the song they made for his album. i think it was the right move. the Chicago focus for the rappers feels very deliberate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

Drake Bate posted:

kanye gave him the song they made for his album. i think it was the right move. the Chicago focus for the rappers feels very deliberate.

Are we talking about "Numbers on the Boards?"

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
No skits Kanye? This album is missing skits

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I like Yeezus more than MBDTF

Here's the production credits:
01. On Sight [Prod. Daft Punk]
02. Black Skinhead [Prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
03. I Am A God (feat. Justin Vernon) [Prod. Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke (co.), Kanye West (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
04. New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean) [Prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Hudson Mohawke (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Kanye West (add.)]
05. Hold My Liquor (feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Prod. Young Chop, Mike Dean (co.), Arca (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
06. I’m In It (feat. Justin Vernon) [Prod. RZA, Travi$ Scott (add.), Mike Dean (add.)]
07. Blood On The Leaves (feat. Tony Williams) [Prod. TNGHT, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
08. Guilt Trip (feat. Kid Cudi) [Prod. Symbolyc One, Arca (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Ackeejuice Rockers (co.)]
09. Send It Up (feat. King L & Iamsu) [Prod. Gesaffelstein, Arca (co.), Daft Punk (co.), Hudson Mohawke (add.)]
10. Bound (feat. Charlie Wilson) [Prod. Kanye West, No I.D., Symbolyc One (co.) The Heatmakerz (co.), Rick Rubin (add.)]

Daft Punk, Travis Scott, Mike Dean, and Rubin are all over the place. I should probably check out Travis Scott's mixtapes finally

schweens fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 17, 2013

Thirdeye
May 2, 2006

Agaetis byrjun

echronorian posted:

Does anyone else love I'm In It? The song goes so many random directions. A few tempo changes. Horrible, over the top lyrics. It's kind of breathtaking and puzzling.

I think it's the best song on the album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Brent87 posted:

No skits Kanye? This album is missing skits

Man, Ye hasn't done skits since Late Registration and I think his albums are better for it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yeezy taught me?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well, yeah, okay. Nevermind then. That one was loving hilarious. I meant skits that were their own tracks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

temple posted:

This is a good breakdown of how critics ripped him to shreds and why
http://www.businessinsider.com/kanye-west-fashion-collection-reviews-2012-9?op=1

Then he had this to say later

Thanks!

Listened to this album a whole bunch of times now and I love it despite the crappy lyrics, but for some reason my brain switches off completely for Guilt Trip and Send It Up. I can't recall what they sound like ever, which is weird. Although I was someone who really got into MBDTF for the big sweeping epic feel, I really love the minimalism on this too. I feel like it makes Blood on the Leaves seem even bigger (also is it just me or is Blood on the Leaves the closest Kanye ever gets to straight-up 808s crossed with MBDTF)

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Drake Bate posted:

The Jamaican influence, while unexpected, feels very deliberate as well. Send It Up is an obvious single, will Kanye usher in an era of dancehall acceptance the way he did EDM with Stronger?

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Wario Kart 64 posted:

I like Yeezus more than MBDTF

Here's the production credits:
01. On Sight [Prod. Daft Punk]
02. Black Skinhead [Prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
03. I Am A God (feat. Justin Vernon) [Prod. Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke (co.), Kanye West (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
04. New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean) [Prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Hudson Mohawke (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Kanye West (add.)]
05. Hold My Liquor (feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Prod. Young Chop, Mike Dean (co.), Arca (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)]
06. I’m In It (feat. Justin Vernon) [Prod. RZA, Travi$ Scott (add.), Mike Dean (add.)]
07. Blood On The Leaves (feat. Tony Williams) [Prod. TNGHT, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean (add.)]
08. Guilt Trip (feat. Kid Cudi) [Prod. Symbolyc One, Arca (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Ackeejuice Rockers (co.)]
09. Send It Up (feat. King L & Iamsu) [Prod. Gesaffelstein, Arca (co.), Daft Punk (co.), Hudson Mohawke (add.)]
10. Bound (feat. Charlie Wilson) [Prod. Kanye West, No I.D., Symbolyc One (co.) The Heatmakerz (co.), Rick Rubin (add.)]

Daft Punk, Travis Scott, Mike Dean, and Rubin are all over the place. I should probably check out Travis Scott's mixtapes finally

Mike Dean said these are inaccurate. No followup, no clarification.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

New album is loving awesome, at first listening of On sight I was like uhhh...but then it clicked and now i'm going through the album again. I like his flow without all the guest spots he has had recently, prefer just listening to Kanye.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Dear Kanye,
Your album Yeezus got leaked, and in a mix of excitement and anticipation I jumped on to the hype of searching up your tracks and listening in on the music you had in store for my ears.
I came across “I’m In It”, the beat so hard, the drop so dirty.
Until the words you uttered sliced my excitement in half.
“Eating Asian pussy, all I need is sweet and sour sauce!”
Hold the phone now, what?
Our pussies don’t require your sweet and sour sauce. Or any kind of food/condiment related to the continent of Asia. And I don’t even like sweet and sour sauce (don’t judge me). We are not an orientation. We are not objects. We are not something to eat your food off (unless we decide you can, even then I’m all for the chocolate).
We are women. Who happen to be Asian. Not for sweet and sour sauce. And your fetishistic behaviour. Get out of here.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well, yeah, okay. Nevermind then. That one was loving hilarious. I meant skits that were their own tracks.

Me and my friends still occasionally quote "Lil' Jimmy Skit" and the "School Spirit" skits.

"And then, some day, I'll be the smartest dead guy!"

"And no, I've never had sex! If a woman came up to me and asked me, 'Do you know what's sexy?', I'd say, 'No, but I bet I can count up all the change in your purse, very fast.'"

Always hilarious. And I usually hate skits/interludes on albums (OutKast, I'm looking at you).

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

*Puts on Blood on the Leaves for the first time*

"Man, Kanye has some balls sampling Strange Fruit, an-"

*the beat hits*

:stare:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
This is the first time the lyrics to a Kanye album actually stopped my enjoyment of the album. Maybe it was the lack of features? I don't know, but their were just too many half assed verses.

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010

SgtScruffy posted:

*the beat hits*

$500k well spent. Blood on the Leaves / TNGHT - R U READY gets me so loving pumped, I was so hyped at the gym today. It owned. Well actually blood on the leaves just gets me nostalgic about my ex, but that's that.

I can't believe how many times I've listened to the album. I love everything about it. Kanye's ridiculous ego, the hilariously bad lines, and the production is just incredible.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gladstone posted:

Well actually blood on the leaves just gets me nostalgic about my ex, but that's that.

A track about unwanted pregnancy and all its resulting chaos and mental anguish that samples a famous song about lynchings in the Jim Crow South makes you nostalgic about your ex-partner? :staredog:

Edit: But yeah, I could see it being a solid gym song, the beat drop is loving nuts.

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

A track about unwanted pregnancy and all its resulting chaos and mental anguish that samples a famous song about lynchings in the Jim Crow South makes you nostalgic about your ex-partner? :staredog:

Edit: But yeah, I could see it being a solid gym song, the beat drop is loving nuts.

Just the hook dude! The molly and party part only, I'm not that terrible of a person.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gladstone posted:

Just the hook dude! The molly and party part only, I'm not that terrible of a person.

Ha, don't worry, I was just giving you poo poo

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

SgtScruffy posted:

*the beat hits*

The entire loving album is so :stare: it's amazing.

New Slaves is from another world.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Only thing I wish was different is his vocal delivery on New Slaves. He should have done a take more like he did on SNL. The way the anger builds through that last verse makes the album delivery so lackluster.

Other than that, the album's perfect.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's up with certain retailers reporting 14 tracks? Different version?

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~
The deluxe edition is supposed to have 4 extra tracks.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
I don't think there actually is a deluxe edition.

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Wasn't the leak from a physical CD anyway?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
First time I heard the album I thought Kanye took some wrong pills or whatever. But now it's 2 hours later and I'm still listening, so I guess it's cool. I'm very confused.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

velocityJE posted:

The deluxe edition is supposed to have 4 extra tracks.

If that's actually the case, then Yeezus Christ :stare:

I don't know if I'd like that. I think the length of the album is on point. It's insane and wonderful but makes its exit before ever wearing out its welcome.

But I mean 4 extra tracks of the caliber of the album tracks could be a hell of a thing indeed...

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I know this might sound weird, in how I phrase it, but I miss in when Kanye would rap in paragraphs. Now he just seems to rap in like 4 to 6 lines at a time and then lets the music do its thing then comes back for another 4-6 lines.

RightSaidKevin
Jun 11, 2013
Kanye could charge 50 bucks for this album and it would have been worth it for, "My mind move like a Tron bike, I pop a wheelie on the zeitgeist."

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Thirdeye posted:

I think it's the best song on the album.

Honestly I think it's one of his best songs ever. Brilliantly insane.

Actually that pretty much sums up the whole album. It's like he outright gave up on trying to be catchy and accessible, and just vomited pure crazy into the microphone for 40 minutes. I love it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That Nina Simone sample is very well employed. I dont know if I like the production on the whole though, a bit abrasive for my tastes... Still digesting/processing the album though. Jury is still out.

Humanist Manifesto
Feb 18, 2009

Death To No One.
Peace Be Unto All.

SgtScruffy posted:

*the beat hits*

That was my exact reaction. Heard he was sampling Strange Fruit, scoffed, then that beat blasted through my headphones and my brain loving exploded.
My life has changed.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So I was trying to find Yeezus and Amazon and instead found this:

wtf?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

So I was trying to find Yeezus and Amazon and instead found this:

wtf?

mixtape

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So does Yeezus come out at midnight or what? Anyone know?

SkandalousPanda
Jul 14, 2004

ya diiig
Kanye just made some straight up devil worshiping music. And I think I like it.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Oh my god this fuckin trailer.

http://www.kanyewest.com/

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Oh my godYEEZUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kanye West is one seriously scary loving dude.

• Locked thread