Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

El Negocio posted:

Oh my god this fuckin trailer.

http://www.kanyewest.com/

I will LITERALLY never stop laughing at "well, the early work was a little too "hip hop" for me and my tastes, but when dark twisted fantasy came out in 2010, i think he really came into his own both musically and lyrically".

Jesus christ, that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
There was a deluxe edition of Watch The Throne which was released at the same time as the regular version. Hmm, I wonder if there will be some sort of "edition" with bonus tracks for tomorrow.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Download link up on the website before the 18th? :confused:

https://shop.kanyewest.com/checkout.php

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

El Negocio posted:

So who were those two people? They both looked familiar, especially the guy playing Bateman.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Stupid Dick posted:

Download link up on the website before the 18th? :confused:

https://shop.kanyewest.com/checkout.php

He just tweeted that it's on sale now. It's the 18th in other places so why not

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

0 rows returned posted:

So who were those two people? They both looked familiar, especially the guy playing Bateman.

The guy with the beard is Scott Disick, who is dating Kourtney Kardashian. And the other guy is Jonothan Cheban, a close friend of Kim Kardashian.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Wario Kart 64 posted:

He just tweeted that it's on sale now. It's the 18th in other places so why not

Bought & downloaded.

10 tracks, identical names & order from the leak.

However, some are labeled "Album Version (Explicit)" and some are "Digital Album Version"... I wonder if physical copies are different?

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 18, 2013

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Brief scan of the songs and the album version of New Slaves and Send It Up are so :catstare:.

Holy poo poo, the loving beat drop at the end of the bridge in New Slaves.......

Stupid Dick fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 18, 2013

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

TheJoker138 posted:

E: And not all music or art in general needs to be "fun." There's value in ugly, angry, raw things as well. And that's where a good portion of this album falls.

For the third album in a row. Yeah, it's so refreshing you're totally right.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

El Negocio posted:

ahahahhaahaha holy poo poo

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Dear Kanye,
Your album Yeezus got leaked, and in a mix of excitement and anticipation I jumped on to the hype of searching up your tracks and listening in on the music you had in store for my ears.
I came across “I’m In It”, the beat so hard, the drop so dirty.
Until the words you uttered sliced my excitement in half.
“Eating Asian pussy, all I need is sweet and sour sauce!”
Hold the phone now, what?
Our pussies don’t require your sweet and sour sauce. Or any kind of food/condiment related to the continent of Asia. And I don’t even like sweet and sour sauce (don’t judge me). We are not an orientation. We are not objects. We are not something to eat your food off (unless we decide you can, even then I’m all for the chocolate).
We are women. Who happen to be Asian. Not for sweet and sour sauce. And your fetishistic behaviour. Get out of here.

I decided to eat Chinese food tonight from reading this. Seriously.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Kanye West is a national treasure.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ChocNitty posted:

I decided to eat Chinese food tonight from reading this. Seriously.

I don't know why you needed it, after all, all you need is sweet and sour sauce.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

El Negocio posted:

Ahahahahahaha :allears:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Scott Disick has always looked and acted like Patrick Bateman to me. Its so drat obvious I'm glad he overacted for that part.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

temple posted:

Scott Disick has always looked and acted like Patrick Bateman to me. Its so drat obvious I'm glad he overacted for that part.

They were talking about remaking American Psycho with him a few years back. He's one of the most repulsive human beings I've ever seen, so he's probably be perfect.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I wonder if Kanye is smirking at the world right now. Kanye I swear if you know what you are doing...

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

After the first listen, I'm really enjoying this album. As others have said, some of the lyrics are god-awful, but they just fit somehow. I know Kanye said he doesn't give a gently caress for this one, but this album has kind of an unfinished feel to it and I think it's because he was obsessing over the production so much (and you can tell).

The production is top-notch and you really get a sense of how restless he and his creative process are. It's very fascinating to hear that manifest itself in the music, even if he didn't write/record half of the lyrics until the last day he could.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Album is on sale over iTunes, but no bonus tracks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18172-kanye-west-yeezus/

9.5 and BNM from Pitchfork.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The hype is real

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow, I guess it is a pretty good album!

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

The False Face mask scared younger viewers.
:anime: :pipe: :baby:
Can anyone elaborate on how different the iTunes version is? I've heard some songs have entirely different mixes to the leak?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah. I don't know if it deserves that high of a score, but it is really loving good and people should be paying attention to it.

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
I can finally justify my Yeezus scrobbles on last.fm to my hipster friends now, thank you Pitch Fork.

Here's a mirror for the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWBbTFxc2s

Never change Yeezy :allears:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Was there ever a Bound 1? Why do we have Bound 2? Is it because of a sample he used?

Falsey
Nov 21, 2010

The False Face mask scared younger viewers.
:anime: :pipe: :baby:

obi_ant posted:

Was there ever a Bound 1? Why do we have Bound 2? Is it because of a sample he used?

Bound 2 fall in love.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

obi_ant posted:

Bound 2 fall in love.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No, no, Bound 1 will be on the follow-up album he's stealth dropping in a month. "Yeezus just rose again"? Open your eyes people

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I feel so stupid now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I live in a super white farm town. Listening to people scramble to hate on it just because it's Kanye is hilarious. Please, tell me more about how Kanye is the real racist who hates all white people, and how real musicians don't have producers.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

obi_ant posted:

rick rubin came in, ripped the song apart, and put it back together as the album version.

quote:

How would you describe the new sound he was driving for, and how you did you help him arrive there?

He wanted the music to take a stripped-down minimal direction. He was always examining what we could take out instead of put in. A good example would be the song that became “Bound.” When he first played it for me, it was a more middle of the road R&B song, done in an adult contemporary style. Kanye had the idea of combining that track with a cool sample he had found and liked – I removed all of the R&B elements leaving only a single note baseline in the hook which we processed to have a punk edge in the Suicide tradition.

http://teamkanyedaily.tumblr.com/post/52944576174

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I thought Kanye had peaked with MBDTF (and what a spectacular peak that would have been), but I like this album even more. Which is crazy. Like Kanye.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Dont forget that Pitchfork gave MBDTF a perfect score so I am not surprised at the 9.5 per se. They love Kanye and review him on a curve that takes into heavy consideration his past work and the contexts under which he makes this music.

Like if Kanye were unknown as a rapper and this was his first album would it get the same review? I doubt it.

Anyway, Yeezus is up on Spotify. So my commute today will be interesting. Still no bonus tracks.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 18, 2013

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Oh my god the Guilt Trip beat is so good. That synth riff reminds me of some level in GoldenEye that I can't remember but it's so cold and perfect.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 18, 2013

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
This album turned me from someone who just couldn't get into Kanye West to someone who can't get enough. I don't know what's come over me, I'm suddenly all about him, whereas before I was actually annoyed by most of his music. It's like someone pulled a switch and opened a flood gate in my brain.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
^ that was pretty much me with MBDTF

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

SgtScruffy posted:

*Puts on Blood on the Leaves for the first time*

"Man, Kanye has some balls sampling Strange Fruit, an-"

*the beat hits*

:stare:

I'm with you on that, but the song is two minutes too long, IMO.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I hate the outro to Send It Up more every time I hear it. Whoever that is sounds like a lovely impression of "Stereotypical Jamaican/Reggae Voice" and it's unlistenable. Kanye's fake accent when he says "Jamaican" sounds better than that guy. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Me in Reverse posted:

I hate the outro to Send It Up more every time I hear it. Whoever that is sounds like a lovely impression of "Stereotypical Jamaican/Reggae Voice" and it's unlistenable. Kanye's fake accent when he says "Jamaican" sounds better than that guy. gently caress.
lol everybody look at this loving post

• Locked thread