Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The DLC is kind of unnecessary in my opinion, you've got a lot of game to play already you know? I got the season pass on sale and it's OK but not as good as most of the main game. There is a compatibility patch you'll want to download to play online though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

Thanks- will the patch automatically pop-up as a notification on the PS3 (like most patches)? Or if it's not mandatory, is there a particular menu I need to access to download it? Thanks again.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The DLC doesn't affect things like backpack, bank or ammo upgrades so don't worry about that. They have their own unique loot, but for general weapons it doesn't change from the main game.

There's no prerequisite for co-op, you can do it right from the start if you want.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The DLC has good loot but only Torgue is good.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
So are there any numbers or methods for farming that work? Everything I read seems to assume I have some base knowledge of how loot midgets and Doctor's Orders and UVHM work, but I really don't. Does UVHM up the legendary drop rate? Whats the deal with Loot Midgets and Doctor's orders? Any more tips for farming or finding unique drops?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

GodspeedSphere posted:

So are there any numbers or methods for farming that work? Everything I read seems to assume I have some base knowledge of how loot midgets and Doctor's Orders and UVHM work, but I really don't. Does UVHM up the legendary drop rate? Whats the deal with Loot Midgets and Doctor's orders? Any more tips for farming or finding unique drops?

As long as you have Doctor's Orders as your active mission, there is a room in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve that will spawn at least three and sometimes four loot midgets. It's the room about halfway between the entrance and Bloodwing with the red Hyperion chest in it and two badass Skags across from it. In UVHM the Loot Midgets that spawn there have a really high chance to drop oranges and a slightly lower chance of dropping Pearlescents, and they almost always drop some badass Eridian relics that give you some combination of damage reduction, cooldown reduction, health boost, elemental boost and max ammo boost. Just make sure to never actually turn the mission in to Tannis and you can farm them as many times as you want.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
So I'm finally getting back into this game and why didn't I play more when it came out? is the question I'm asking myself. I've got my level 42 Salvador who I'm running through TVHM and it's loving brutal, but a lot of fun. I'm hoping to hit 50 and 2.5/UVHM and get some high-level co-op and such in while leveling up Gaige on the side (Anarchy is loving hilarious). If anyone is around the same level as I am, feel free to add me on Xbox (GT: Euphoria5L).

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

10 Beers posted:

Thanks to Mirthalac and his friend for not caring that I sat in with them during some power leveling, and thanks to Robertcop for the awesome array of goodies he left for us!

Also, does anyone have a 40-50 Flame of the Firehawk they'd be willing to dupe for me?

a pleasure! i was doing work in the garage all day and figured deathtrap could grind some rakk.

if you need flames @ 50 or 61 i could certainly hook you up. i might be on tomorrow night for a bit, but should be on wednesday for sure.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Anarchy is loving hilarious).

Tell me about it! I've been farming Pyro pete's bar fight with 350 stacks and a plasma caster. Aiming isn't even worth the trouble, just hold down the trigger and run.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Frikkin hate Lynchwood sheriff!She wont drop a badge above 21dmg 52spd.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
that's not far off from the best one there is, from what I've seen.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Thanks to Mirthalac and his friend for not caring that I sat in with them during some power leveling, and thanks to Robertcop for the awesome array of goodies he left for us!

Also, does anyone have a 40-50 Flame of the Firehawk they'd be willing to dupe for me?
Totally welcome! I had jumped in and out of that game with at least three characters, so I easily duped most of my own gear for myself.
I've got a 50 & 61 Flame of the Firehawk shield. Hit me up when you see me online later.

Does anyone have a Gunzerker class mod that gives +5 to Divergent Likeness and +5 to I'm your Huckleberry? I haven't really seen anything that gives +5 Divergent Likeness AND I'm your Huckleberry, but Divergent Likeness is the one we've been experimenting with the most success.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012

delpheye posted:

that's not far off from the best one there is, from what I've seen.

Yeah, it's like 22dmg 55spd or something, but I keep getting the 21/52 version.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

TheMammoth posted:

What do posters here recommend I should do and/or which DLCs should I additionally purchase before trying to play co-op online? I was planning to play single-player for awhile just to level-up my character and familiarize myself with the basic mechanics. I know the OP said that it's also best to co-op with other players roughly around the same level as yourself, but is there a pre-requisite level which is recommended before jumping into co-op at all? Are some DLCs more important than others in terms of added backpack slots, weapons, or similar?
As others have said, you don't really need the DLC to be able to play co-op with folks. The main game is good enough on it's own. Of the three DLC released so far, the general consensus is that Torgue is funniest, Scarlett is most well thought-out in terms of gameplay, and Hammerlock is a boring, tedious slog that will almost make you wish to play Moxxi's Underdome again.* However, the coming Tiny Tina DLC just keeps looking better and better, so if you do decide to get any of them you may as well just get the Season Pass and live with three out of four. Just keep an eye open for any sales of the SP and go for it.

*Just kidding. Nothing will ever make me want to touch Underdome again.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gearbox really, really missed the boat by not making one of the rewards for completing Hammerlock's Hunt the ability to rename Bullymongs to any of the names used in the quest, The Name Game. As tedious and stupid as the DLC is, I'm betting a lot of people would have forgiven it whole-heartedly if it gave them the ability to shoot at bonerfarts for the rest of forever.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I once tried to keep that quest open once I hit bonerfarts and not kill any of them, but eventually I had to which was bullshit.

Also left the 1340 radio playing in Sanctuary until some dickhead came in my game and smashed it :(

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gearbox really, really missed the boat by not making one of the rewards for completing Hammerlock's Hunt the ability to rename Bullymongs to any of the names used in the quest, The Name Game. As tedious and stupid as the DLC is, I'm betting a lot of people would have forgiven it whole-heartedly if it gave them the ability to shoot at bonerfarts for the rest of forever.

This.

Also, aside from the lack of any real reward from Underdome, I thought it was fun. It took foreveryears to complete, but I liked it a lot.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Just a note to any XBox users: Gearbox is releasing a compatibility pack to get ready for the release of Tiny Tina's DLC, but at the moment XBL lists the pack as having a price attached. Gearbox has said to wait until they get that fixed (it's supposed to be free) before grabbing it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So the weapons from Dragon Keep have leaked. An interesting thing is that there's new regular weapons as well as uniques now, which I think is awesome. Why did none of the other DLCs introduce new loot aside from uniques?

Also there's new legendary which is cool. It seems to be a returning weapon from BL1, The Ogre (High damage, high explosive assault rifle)

http://imgur.com/a/pM7Os

There's some awesome stuff on there. I'm looking more forward to this DLC now.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Pulled a 58k damage double pen. Unkempt Harold from a Torgue machine. I'v also been trying for an Infinity, but I don't know if it's worth it. Does anybody have a 44% suave renegade class mod with 6-I'm Your Huckleberry and 5-Incite by the way?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kifisonfire posted:

Hooooooly poo poo that Seraph SMG that does both Slag AND Shock damage could be incredible. Being able to burn off a shield and slag with one weapon before switching would be awesome. I just specced out of the Slag Orb on my Siren so I'm reliant on Ruin or an additional weapon switch to get slag up on my target. Hopefully it doesn't have some sort of catch that makes it awful like the Hyperion Seraph SMG I bought.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Hooooooly poo poo that Seraph SMG that does both Slag AND Shock damage could be incredible. Being able to burn off a shield and slag with one weapon before switching would be awesome. I just specced out of the Slag Orb on my Siren so I'm reliant on Ruin or an additional weapon switch to get slag up on my target. Hopefully it doesn't have some sort of catch that makes it awful like the Hyperion Seraph SMG I bought.
The Chulainn already does slag and shock damage, but the downside is that it slags you as well, so it makes me doubt that seraph gun will have a downside.

I just wish it was slag and fire :(

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I just noticed on my UVHM playthrough that in the Firehawk lair Lilith has Roland's facebook up.

Are you supposed to get sod all exp for things in UHVM? I'm getting about 400exp for killing badasses a level or two higher than me. I'm not minding the health increase so far but the sudden decrease in exp amounts is annoying me for some reason.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

if you're asking whether or not xp rewards are broken, they are not.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

So the weapons from Dragon Keep have leaked. An interesting thing is that there's new regular weapons as well as uniques now, which I think is awesome. Why did none of the other DLCs introduce new loot aside from uniques?

Also there's new legendary which is cool. It seems to be a returning weapon from BL1, The Ogre (High damage, high explosive assault rifle)

Swordsplosion should be the gun that fires swords.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Swordsplosion should be the gun that fires swords.
Well it is an e-tech Torgue :stare:

Gallery has been updated with a few of the new class mods too. The Mechromancer one means she'll be able to use the Infinity!

EDIT: Heads are out. Again, linked for people who don't want to know. Also apparently there will be a new customization DLC pack coming out too. Everyone has one head, Krieg has three to make up for not having one before. Krieg's are the best obviously.

http://imgur.com/a/Qlp7T

The top heads are Tiny Tina, bottom ones are DLC.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 19, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

What the heck is +Friendship?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Love how the new normal weapons are all different gems for each manufacturer and that Tediore's are Cubic Zerconia.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This isn't really a PC-specific question so Imma ask it here too if that's okay:

Pierson posted:

I'm thinking about sticking this back onto my PC because I need a shooter. The last time I played it was just after the release of Captain Scarlet DLC, is it worth levelling a new character (thinking Mechromancer) for the new stuff? More importantly; is TVHM still Diablo 3-like in its habit of throwing enemies at you that oneshot and have huge health pools? How much worse is Ultimate Vault Hunter?
Anyone have an opinion?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

yes, yes and 4x as much health.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Jake Blues posted:

What the heck is +Friendship?

I'm assuming this helps attract the fairy things to you or something

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
TVHM, and UVHM especially, are gear checks. Make sure you have a way to slag stuff (I like slag bouncing betties, but you probably have skills).

Mechromancer is tough, she has no easy skill to slag and if you want to get the best out of deathtrap you need some nice gear (love thumper or hide of terramorphous).

I just abuse moxxi weapons really.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
That new seraph slag/shock smg is blowing my mind. The only downside I can think of is if it had a slow bullet speed. It also has a lower chance to slag enemies compared to the Chulainn (33%+) , but that rarely becomes a problem if you keep shooting at guys.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 19, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Stuck on 1% downloading the new compatibility patch. My usual partner has theirs downloaded already.

GEARBOX!!!! :argh:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3mlzClm9ZY

Swordsplosion is like a good flakker.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 19, 2013

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
If anyone's on, I'm farming the warrior for E, feel free to toss me a message on 360. Gamertag is ConcreteHades.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

If the Grog Nozzle actually heals you for 65% of the damage you do, then the Gunzerker just got even more invincible. Can't wait to akimbo that with the DPUK. For comparison, the old standby was Moxxie's Rubi, which healed you for about 12.5%, and even that was enough to let you solo just about every raid boss.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 19, 2013

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Am I going crazy or does weapon damage apply to melee as well? Because if it does I need a loving Swordsplosion on my Krieg.

Actually I just need a Swordsplosion on my Krieg, full stop. A shotgun that shoots exploding swords. This is now my most desired item in all of Borderlands 2.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

2 Swordsplosions for my Gunzerker :getin:

I hope 2 Ogres or 2 slag shock smgs is fun as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Oh, I'm in. Dual wielding high damage torgue shotguns is like the whole point of gunzerking.

Also, I'm curious about the new class mods. They have "true neutral" in the pics, but I wonder if we'll get other D&D based versions. You know like lawful, chaotic, good, evil, etc.

• Locked thread