Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Arcsquad12 posted:

How can you not like Darth Nobunaga? Dude has a lightsaber and is always chuckling like Emperor Palpatine.

I was actually stating I loved the jp VA for Nobunaga. I didn't state it very well, but that it was english voicedubbing that I was saying I'd be okay without, so long as they preserved what we have come to love out of the jp Nobunaga.

Maybe it's just the example there but that sounds pretty generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, Norio Wakamoto is in EVERYTHING so you have surely heard his voice before if you have watched any anime. I kinda like that Koei didn't just jump right on him for their Nobunaga.

edit: everything

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 8, 2013

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, Norio Wakamoto is in EVERYTHING so you have surely heard his voice before if you have watched any anime. I kinda like that Koei didn't just jump right on him for their Nobunaga.

edit: everything

His list of video game characters is impressive too. He's even got a Soulcaliber Yoshimitsu in there to his credit.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

5er posted:

Maybe it's just the example there but that sounds pretty generic.

Like Samurai Sanders said, you've probably heard him a lot already, but Wakamoto's pretty awesome nonetheless. There's a clip of him giving his own Giga Drill Break(er) rendition that I might dig up once I'm off work. It's a much better example of how he rolls his R's.

Edit: Found it! :allears:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 10, 2013

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I've bought Dynasty Warriors 7 and the Extreme addon. Now I'm wondering whether to play the Story Mode in the original game or the remix version? On one hand I've learned that you have to regularly remix your game and that sounds kind of annoying. But then I don't know if there'd be any difference to playing the original modes in the base game. Is there anything I'd miss out on either way?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Entenzahn posted:

I've bought Dynasty Warriors 7 and the Extreme addon. Now I'm wondering whether to play the Story Mode in the original game or the remix version? On one hand I've learned that you have to regularly remix your game and that sounds kind of annoying. But then I don't know if there'd be any difference to playing the original modes in the base game. Is there anything I'd miss out on either way?

You can't earn trophies for the original game while using Xtreme Legends, but the Xtreme Legends characters cameo in the story mode if you use it. There's no real major differences though.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Kurui Reiten posted:

You can't earn trophies for the original game while using Xtreme Legends, but the Xtreme Legends characters cameo in the story mode if you use it. There's no real major differences though.
Also, you get to use the new weapon types as well. So if you don't care about trophies, go for XL.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Get ready, Atelier Warriors might become a thing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Banpresto and Koei need to team up for Super Robot Warriors.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Why are there so very many crossover Warriors series and yet none of the franchises I'm interested in get it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mikeycp posted:

Banpresto and Koei need to team up for Super Robot Warriors.
It's not like the DW Gundam games are that great, I doubt it would be better with even LESS coherence to the units and stuff available. I just want G Gundam Warriors honestly.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Has there been any word on a new sengoku basara? I loved the one that we got on ps3 and put way more time in it than any 'X warriors' game.

Edit: oh, my bad. The next comes out early 2014. Praying we get it translated!

Suicide Pacmen fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 14, 2013

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Has there been any word on a new sengoku basara? I loved the one that we got on ps3 and put way more time in it than any 'X warriors' game.

Edit: oh, my bad. The next comes out early 2014. Praying we get it translated!

You'd probably have better luck praying for Yakuza 5 to come out in English. That's another thing that probably won't happen. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Capcom USA has said that they're done with Sengoku Basara. They promoted the hell out of 3, put out a demo, priced it at budget value, didn't sell enough. They're done.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Kurui Reiten posted:

kissekatt posted:

Also, you get to use the new weapon types as well. So if you don't care about trophies, go for XL.

Thanks. I've decided to play through one Story Mode in the original, then maybe remix it. Just to see both.

I like the game so far. The combat is repetitive but the gameplay still kinda works. Is there any way you don't have to start over the whole loving mission after defeat? I just lost a 30-minute battle when the final enemy was at 1% health and I got caught by a lucky Musou attack, now I'm back at the start. That's stupid and very frustrating.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Entenzahn posted:

I like the game so far. The combat is repetitive but the gameplay still kinda works. Is there any way you don't have to start over the whole loving mission after defeat? I just lost a 30-minute battle when the final enemy was at 1% health and I got caught by a lucky Musou attack, now I'm back at the start. That's stupid and very frustrating.

Not automatically, but you can do an In-battle save that lasts until you clear the stage. I usually drop one after every objective just to be sure. It's save in the pause menu I think.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

The GIG posted:

Not automatically, but you can do an In-battle save that lasts until you clear the stage. I usually drop one after every objective just to be sure. It's save in the pause menu I think.

Thanks. I tried that once, but then I got defeated and pressing X just brought me back to the story menu where "Continue" restarted the mission. I assumed this meant the save would get deleted on defeat. Looks like I was wrong and you just have to continue from the Main Menu. That's very weird but it's infinitely better than what just happened to me. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pureauthor posted:

Why are there so very many crossover Warriors series and yet none of the franchises I'm interested in get it.

Don't worry you could be like me and see an amazing crossover Warriors series game that you've always wanted to happen come out and know it'll never get localized into English. :smith:

Well okay so Kamen Rider Battride War isn't really a Musou game but it's close enough.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Capcom USA has said that they're done with Sengoku Basara. They promoted the hell out of 3, put out a demo, priced it at budget value, didn't sell enough. They're done.
I was really concerned until I noticed you said "Capcom USA".

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I imported 3 and Utage, so I guess I'll import the next ones too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was really concerned until I noticed you said "Capcom USA".

Yea, thank Sony for making the PS3 (and Vita and PS4) region-free.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Man, Warriors Orochi 3 is the gift that keeps in giving. I finally started digging into my DLC stages and wow. Speed is of the Essence - holy poo poo what a great stage.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Maleketh posted:

Man, Warriors Orochi 3 is the gift that keeps in giving. I finally started digging into my DLC stages and wow. Speed is of the Essence - holy poo poo what a great stage.
Musou games are basically the only games that I happily buy DLC stages for. A lot of them are just stupid fun.

edit: the stages to get the gag weapons in DW8 are particularly good, in a frantically running around "what the gently caress are you asking me to do!" kind of way.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 16, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Am I allowed to *ahem* "fan out" about Ravages of Time's version of Changban in this thread?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey, hey guys. Are you ready for another Dynasty Warriors revision? Get ready! This week's issue of Famitsu announces that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita sometime in the near future.

Just when you thought the Wii U version was definitive.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hey, hey guys. Are you ready for another Dynasty Warriors revision? Get ready! This week's issue of Famitsu announces that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita sometime in the near future.

Just when you thought the Wii U version was definitive.

I wonder if it'll be streamed so I can pick it up on PS4 if/when I get that.

... I wonder if this will even be localized.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Will the finally add in some other Koei characters or will the guest characters still be a giant ad for Ninja Gaiden 3?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There is at least one new character: "Tamomo-no-Mae". Yet another non-Warriors mythical figure character.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Since every remake came with a guest and a Mystic I wonder who they'll have in the guest spot? please be Edward, The Black Prince

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

C'mon Musha Gundam...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sorry, looks like you'll be waiting for another game. The second character is Xu Shu.

WO3U contains all the bonus content from the PSP and Wii U versions, along with having an all new story. It drops this September.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Sorry, looks like you'll be waiting for another game. The second character is Xu Shu

Will he be Shu or Wei, I wonder?

Also, I wonder what this new 'story' will entail. Sequel hook?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Sorry, looks like you'll be waiting for another game. The second character is Xu Shu.

Xu Shu is cool, I'll take it. His moveset so much fun.

Pureauthor posted:

Will he be Shu or Wei, I wonder?

Also, I wonder what this new 'story' will entail. Sequel hook?

The series counts him as Shu, though at least it makes more sense than Xiahou Ba being Jin.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
e: Wrong thread, whoops.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tamamo-no-Mae

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Do we know her weapon yet?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kurui Reiten posted:

Do we know her weapon yet?
Maybe I could tell by reading it, if only the person who takes these early pictures of Famitsu was using a digital camera made after 1997.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Some screenshots and info along with scans and info.

Apparently Momoji and Rachel from Ninja Gaiden, "Shennong", and Seimei Abe from Samurai Warriors are in too.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Ahahaha Ravages of Time Zhang Fei you are the best "seeding" Changban Bridge with shields hidden under foliage to block the Cao army's arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Next Warriors Orochi needs to just throw in the anime characters too.