Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Yay! Hate mail time. I don't get why people make excuses for losing. The connection was fine for me.

Edit: Plus it doesn't make sense. Internet isn't food stupid!

If there was food stamp internet I wouldn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Complaints about lag are the best because conditions are obviously identical for both players. If someone's clearly dropping bnb's because of a few choice hiccups that's one thing but almost anytime someone complains they were just plainly outplayed.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Holy Calamity! posted:

Complaints about lag are the best because conditions are obviously identical for both players. If someone's clearly dropping bnb's because of a few choice hiccups that's one thing but almost anytime someone complains they were just plainly outplayed.

I don't know, man, I've definitely played with people where I couldn't do the simplest poo poo because the delay on my end was so bad playing the game felt like trying to walk through knee high mud and everything was coming out so late that even if it connected, my followup would whiff hard, but then they'd bust out their big 35+% combos apparently with no issue.

Maybe they're just more used to it? I don't know.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Well some combos (such as popups) require timing and some (Like Flash's) are almost entirely dial-in. With the dial-in combos it doesn't matter how laggy it is, if you connect and dial it in you'll pull it off.

Which sort of argues against my point that they were "plainly outplayed"...uh...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
And there are characters who gain a huge advantage when the game lags, particularly zoners like sinestro and deathstroke and people with strong mix ups, like with batgirl's db2.

I've been in matches where the delay was so bad it was impossible for me to block DS's guns and dash in before getting shot again. It was not fun.

"Food stamp internet". It might just replace my "wireless dial-up" comment that I send to people...

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Yay! Hate mail time. I don't get why people make excuses for losing. The connection was fine for me.

Edit: Plus it doesn't make sense. Internet isn't food stupid! :eng101:

More hatemail/rage quit stuff please, I love it.

I don't get very much mail anymore lately and it's either a straight up ragequit or really obnoxious and dumb mic chat. Here's one of the obnoxious ones I recorded: http://youtu.be/Zp2E1LJq5f8?t=17m21s

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I don't get very much mail anymore lately and it's either a straight up ragequit or really obnoxious and dumb mic chat. Here's one of the obnoxious ones I recorded: http://youtu.be/Zp2E1LJq5f8?t=17m21s

This was the first I received in a while. If I get more I will be sure to post.

gannyGrabber posted:

And there are characters who gain a huge advantage when the game lags, particularly zoners like sinestro and deathstroke and people with strong mix ups, like with batgirl's db2.

I've been in matches where the delay was so bad it was impossible for me to block DS's guns and dash in before getting shot again. It was not fun.

"Food stamp internet". It might just replace my "wireless dial-up" comment that I send to people...

If anything she (assumed) was playing the zoner against my WW. Her Nightwing used a lot of wingdings and groundsparks. Her hawk girl used mace throws quite a bit but she did use some...whatever they're called... where they jump over your head to confuse you with their attacks a lot. She seemed to be doing perfectly fine, except for losing of course.

Wireless dial-up? Ha ha. Do you really send people that?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lag in fighting games is a legit issue.

The only time people don't mind laggy matches are when they're the ones who are winning those lovely matches. Goons included.

So anybody who blames lag during a lag match has a good reason to do so if it was actually laggy. Complaining about it doesn't automatically mean they're being cry babies and it also doesn't mean the person who won the match won it because they were able to fight through the intensity of a laggy game to persevere.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Nobody likes Sinestro either :(

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

AndyElusive posted:

Lag in fighting games is a legit issue.

The only time people don't mind laggy matches are when they're the ones who are winning those lovely matches. Goons included.

So anybody who blames lag during a lag match has a good reason to do so if it was actually laggy. Complaining about it doesn't automatically mean they're being cry babies and it also doesn't mean the person who won the match won it because they were able to fight through the intensity of a laggy game to persevere.

People will bitch about literally anything as an excuse if they lose though.

Okay, myself included.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Wireless dial-up? Ha ha. Do you really send people that?

It's my old go-to from SC2, where you can spam chat while the other dude lags out. Wireless dial-up, fisher price modem, cracker jack video card, it's all good.

I haven't played Injustice in days, I'm going crazy from it. Hit my gaming thumb with a hammer at work because I'm dumb and it hurts to play. Wanna get on and net myself some hate mail so badly.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I've taken to messaging ragequitters in haiku. It usually just makes them angrier though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this tonight and was testing out all the characters and arenas by playing local matches against my girlfriend. There's a few characters that are downright useless and a few that are hands down better than all the rest, but most of them are pretty balanced. I'm digging this game so far! I thought it would be kind of a letdown, being made by the same guys who made the new MK (which I love) but being rated Teen. I thought that would neuter it. But actually, it's pretty violent (even though you never see an X-Ray view of your character crushing Superman's skull). There's lots of cool characters, the environmental attacks loving rule, and it feels like it plays at a similar speed to MK9, which I dig.

I have yet to go online with it, though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got this tonight and was testing out all the characters and arenas by playing local matches against my girlfriend. There's a few characters that are downright useless and a few that are hands down better than all the rest, but most of them are pretty balanced. I'm digging this game so far! I thought it would be kind of a letdown, being made by the same guys who made the new MK (which I love) but being rated Teen. I thought that would neuter it. But actually, it's pretty violent (even though you never see an X-Ray view of your character crushing Superman's skull). There's lots of cool characters, the environmental attacks loving rule, and it feels like it plays at a similar speed to MK9, which I dig.

I have yet to go online with it, though.

Which characters do you think are useless? The game right now has pretty tight tiers IMO, some characters are on top right now but with only a few exceptions no one is unusable. Just curious what a new player thinks.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

HellCopter posted:

I've taken to messaging ragequitters in haiku. It usually just makes them angrier though.

This is a wonderful idea. It's time for me to think up some!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You guys shouldn't pick on people with anger management issues.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lurdiak posted:

You guys shouldn't pick on people with anger management issues.

You came to the wrong forums, stranger.

I dont know if theres anyone I'd call useless in the game, Though Harley and Lex seem a little meh

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Spuckuk posted:

You came to the wrong forums, stranger.

I dont know if theres anyone I'd call useless in the game, Though Harley and Lex seem a little meh

Both those characters seem pretty good to me. Especially Harley. Seems like she's a great zoner.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Both those characters seem pretty good to me. Especially Harley. Seems like she's a great zoner.

Harley can be really great, her inputs are just super weird feeling.

Lex feels like he's one sorta quality of life buff from being pretty awesome.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
How is this?

Rage:
Degenerate man
Worrisome competitor
Disgraceful person

(Language was never my thing.)

Yardbomb posted:

Harley can be really great

Most Harleys that get up in my face beat my rear end. She has some sweet moves and I have trouble telling how I should block them.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 18, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Yardbomb posted:

Harley can be really great, her inputs are just super weird feeling.

Lex feels like he's one sorta quality of life buff from being pretty awesome.

Harley is definitely one of the characters where I have absolutely no Goddamn idea what to do against a decent one most of the time. See also Bane, Scorpion.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Harley is one of those characters who backdashing against will totally screw them up. Jumping works too.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I think Lex gets a lot of mileage out of people not knowing the matchup, but underneath that he's unplayably bad. He has literally zero options at full screen, if you're out of range of his charge just keep spamming anything and all he can do is trade with his lovely 3% fireball. If you don't have a fireball, no worries, his laser, mine, probe, and forcefield are all so painfully slow that you can interrupt their startup on reaction with moves like cat dash or the flash's charge. If he gets in close his only safe overhead gets him negligable damage and he has no way to maintain pressure, after you block anything bigger than a d1 go ahead and hit some buttons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Iron McHardsteel is gritting his teeth so much at all you PS3 guys calling Lex Luthor low tier that I can hear it all the way on Vancouver Island.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Injustice topped sales for the second month.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Toady posted:

Injustice topped sales for the second month.

drat, the combination of "FROM THE MORTAL KOMBAT GUYS" and "MY COMICS" really worked out for NRS huh. :v:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

AndyElusive posted:

Iron McHardsteel is gritting his teeth so much at all you PS3 guys calling Lex Luthor low tier that I can hear it all the way on Vancouver Island.

All you should hear by now are my bloody gums sliding across each other.

Also, someone come fight me, thanks.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

It might just me being bad at the game but I wouldn't call Lex low tier because I can never get near him with all the things he throws out. I rather enjoy the matches against the few that play him. But I do wish more people did so I can actually get more practice and figure out how to get near him to actually hit him.

By the way. is there a way to do a super move without hitting both the normal buttons? I started a combo and WW all of a sudden did her super without me hitting both. It won me the match when she did it so I'm not complaining but it surprised me. (Release check is off if that matters.)

Stop a bullet cold, make the Axis fall... Sorry I'm back into my Wonder Woman dance mix song. Ha ha.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Lex's trait needs to be the one he had in the Flash STAR Labs mission where he reflects all damage and can activate it every .00000001 seconds and it lasts for a billion years.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

By the way. is there a way to do a super move without hitting both the normal buttons? I started a combo and WW all of a sudden did her super without me hitting both. It won me the match when she did it so I'm not complaining but it surprised me. (Release check is off if that matters.)

Meter + 2 + 3 is also a shortcut for super I believe.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Fellblade posted:

Meter + 2 + 3 is also a shortcut for super I believe.

Ah that might be why. Is there anyway to turn things like that off?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ah that might be why. Is there anyway to turn things like that off?

This is something I would love to know too. Clearly that is a mechanic for people who use a stick, but what about the people who don't? Why have it there?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Lex's trait needs to be the one he had in the Flash STAR Labs mission where he reflects all damage and can activate it every .00000001 seconds and it lasts for a billion years.

And if you don't break his shield in a fraction of a second he one-hit kills you with a laser.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did Gavok make a cool effortpost about Scorpion and Zod?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just realized. Does the Joker not have some sort of handbuzzer move? I'm in the office so I can't confirm but like, the gently caress!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That DICK! posted:

I just realized. Does the Joker not have some sort of handbuzzer move? I'm in the office so I can't confirm but like, the gently caress!

Now that you've mentioned it, that really is such a missed opportunity for a grab move. The closest "whacky" kinda move I can think of is the acid-spitting lapel flower.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

omg chael crash posted:

Yes.

Here's the Scorpion one http://4thletter.net/2013/06/guide-to-the-injustice-roster-dlc-appendix-3/

and the Zod one http://4thletter.net/2013/06/guide-to-the-injustice-roster-dlc-appendix-4/

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

omg chael crash posted:

Yes, he did.
Scorpion
Zod

edit: beaten

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
As Ares, what're you supposed to do against Doomsdays Sheeva stomp? Dash back? Maybe my timing is poo poo but I can't dash out of that to save my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

KOMI posted:

As Ares, what're you supposed to do against Doomsdays Sheeva stomp? Dash back? Maybe my timing is poo poo but I can't dash out of that to save my life.

Block high, then low. Work at it in the lab until you get the timing right.

• Locked thread