Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why did we transfer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Amethyste posted:

Haven't had a chance to play in a while, but have a subscription still valid.

My brother is thinking of playing Rift...if he goes FTP and I am a subscriber/patron, can I gift items to him from the marketplace etc?

I figured I would ask first before I get him all gung-ho about playing...would like to get him and his gf some pressies in game if possible.

Not everything is giftable but a lot are, such as mounts. There's a little button with a gift box in it if you can gift someone. If you can afford it you probably want to throw them the SL souls.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 19, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Why did we transfer?

Eltoasto posted:

The reasons are thus:

- Be someplace where goons can transfer to us, since goons currently cannot.
- Be away from Seastone
- Be on the same cluster as Generally Good, since our raiders raid with them. Further progressing them will help everyone when we are ready for our own 20 mans.
- Get away from Zoness

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looking for an invite, I'm on now. Name is "Petzrawr"

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Lblitzer posted:

People should really start using mumble, there's a shitton of dudes online in chat and they're usually talking about stuff that goes over my head or that I can't concentrate on. I want to level with goons and it'd be nice to have some constant communication!

If it's empty and you leave then other people join and it's empty and they leave. I try to idle in there but I don't always remember.

Snacks and Violence
Sep 18, 2004

...and he kept stabbing them, again and again. He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly...Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?
Can I get an invite? Character name is Trotts.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
Actual positives and negatives that are immediately obvious as to the transfer.

Positives:
Few premade groups in pvp (this is literally the same thing as saying no Seastone).

Guild we actually have a working relationship to possibly raid with.

The server we are on is one that is actually open to transfers.

Holy gently caress we might be one of the best guilds progression-wise on the server.

Negatives:
Crossevents@Laethys is, at best, a pale imitation of Crossevents@Faeblight, and hardly anyone uses it.

Three Springs is pretty empty compared to Deepwood, not just in the AH, but in the open world and events and everything else. Pretty much everything on Crossevents that I saw was on the Wolfsbane server, so I'd expect to be there if you're doing stuff or maybe on Laethys if it's fairly late and you're trying to do stuff.

Holy gently caress we might be one of the best guilds progression-wise on the server.

Comedic:
If we'd transferred to Shatterbone we could have had Roughraptors in our regular 60 chat. Which is probably why we didn't transfer to Shatterbone (see leaving Zoness behind being listed as a bullet point). Also, I'm not actually sure if I'm in 60 chat on our current server since I've not seen anybody talk in it.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Dendrome Trip Report: Hailol Flares

I love jumping puzzles but hate getting stuff, so gosh this is the perfect thing for me.

Target a foothold, use the Hailol flare, it'll make a nature place with floating platforms that have glowing balls on them. Touch the balls to get a stacking buff that gives you Hailol rep, max of 11/tick if you can get on 2 steps in a short enough time. Probably 7 balls total + 1 blue ball, total rep is something around 270 if you do it perfectly. At the end, you fight an easy elite, and then, in the time before the platforms disappear, a mining, lumber, and plant node appears. When the node is consumed, another appears, I got 3 or 4 max. For the rift drops, I got some planarite and a major catalyst once.

Final verdict: It doesn't suck, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, so I guess it sucks a little. Awesome if you love jumping puzzles I bet.

E:^^ Yeah, I had to check if 60 chat existed too, but it does.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 19, 2013

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Can I get a guild invite? Character name is Kunwig.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We'll see how it goes. We have a week to check things out and people can now transfer to join up with us. If we see greener pastures, then after a week we can transfer again and make more friends in trade chat.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Daerc posted:

Negatives:
Crossevents@Laethys is, at best, a pale imitation of Crossevents@Faeblight, and hardly anyone uses it.

From what I've gathered when asking around, great hunt raids are still doable (I think Egeus and Stumbly were doing them earlier cross-server) so that may not be too terrible as long as you are in US prime times. If enough Laethys players actually sit in that channel, it should hopefully be fine during Australian prime time as well, but will report on that later today when it comes around.

It is a bit of a mess but we have at the very least a week to play around with it and see what's happening. Some more things to consider in addition to what was posted:

- Being one of the ~more progressed~ guilds actually allows us to find pubbies for raids in case we are short. Downside here is that they are probably terrible. Also means that goons that pug raids will have a harder time doing so. More incentive to start our own and stick to our own however so as long as people are patient and don't quit over the next couple of weeks, we can have our raids back on track. In fact that was an issue I brought up a couple of times - goon raids early on will be terrible, guaranteed. We have a core group that's fairly well geared but due to the level of burn out we experienced over the last few months, our raids are going to contain a whole lot of undergeared people. So we will have a rough patch for a while to get those people up. Just stick with it, and try to avoid pugging raids while we do this process until we are progressed enough for your liking (I hate every single one of you that will do that, because I know you will).

- Auction House and economy in general are god drat awful. We will have to revert back to crafting in-house as materials and finished products have pretty crappy pricing from what I've seen. Once again, not really a huge disadvantage, but something to keep in mind.

One thing to consider here is that our alternative transfer options are fairly limited as well. At this point the easiest choice may be to just stay here til battlegroups are merged and Deepwood is no longer locked, then see if its worth moving back again. Once the initial F2P rush is over and new goons can actually come play with us again on more populated servers then it will probably be more of an option.

bakerious
Feb 19, 2007
Used to be in the Nazgun when that was a thing, would like an invite to the new guild please. In as Searsana.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Stop deluding yourselves, Aegis is on our server.

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
I'll transfer over once some of these artifacts and such sell. I've got probably five times what I can squeeze into my bags and vaults.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Tombstone Monarch posted:

I'll transfer over once some of these artifacts and such sell. I've got probably five times what I can squeeze into my bags and vaults.

You probably want to save those artifacts to sell here assuming we haven't all ready ruined the market...

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Which is kind of amazing since I remember when they transferred to Deepwood to try to recruit. Seriously though, it looks like there are 2 raiding guilds on server, Aegis and Transience. I've not seen any other guilds list themselves as better than 2/4 and Threesprings used to be fairly decent as far as that stuff goes. Wrath and Nixilus at least used to be clear old content before new arrived, and they seem to have gone poof.

Raysere
May 13, 2013

deimos posted:

Yes and one progressed guild does not take away from the fact that we are probably one of the most progressed guilds on the server. Sit in Tempest Bay and inspect the randoms running around. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone wearing 10 man loot.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Finally got my warrior to 300 hit. Now to learn how to play a spec other than BM so I'm not totally useless in experts! :v:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

ya but i've downed goloch so technically we own :smug:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eltoasto posted:

We'll see how it goes. We have a week to check things out and people can now transfer to join up with us. If we see greener pastures, then after a week we can transfer again and make more friends in trade chat.

Honest Hoom's Artifact Emporium can be a traveling show, visiting all the backwaters to bring them locked shard goods at transfer open shard convenience.

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004
Can we get a list of EU goons in 'Everything Is Fine' going? If you're playing from the EU on Threesprings, drop me a mail ingame. Ingame character name is the same as my SA username.

The bit "as long as you are in US prime times" kind of worries me.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm euro but I'm too lazy to log in just to send a mail so I'll post here.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm in euroland as well, about to transfer now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Spent an hour or so tooling around and wow, this is so different from other paid > F2P switches I've seen on other games. Having everything right there and available for in-game money if you can afford it rules. Now to just hit 50 and get into the new - and hopefully occupied - zones.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Euro here as well, maybe we should get a new rank in the guild for EU goons so we can identify each other?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
'EU Scum'

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pierson posted:

'EU Scum'

Hitler was Right

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Filthy Euros would work.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
So apparently I had forgot to uninstall this game after trying the trial years ago. After some (relatively) quick patching, I'm ready to play.

Character name is 'Techy.'

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I must've gotten merc'd like 15 times last night. Facking no skill guardians. Nwf pointed out something interesting. Everyone seems to be running around with 19-20k HP in PVP. Such easy kills.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

Comedic:
If we'd transferred to Shatterbone we could have had Roughraptors in our regular 60 chat. Which is probably why we didn't transfer to Shatterbone (see leaving Zoness behind being listed as a bullet point). Also, I'm not actually sure if I'm in 60 chat on our current server since I've not seen anybody talk in it.

I'm not sure how I feel about being compared to Roughraptors, but he's not the worst person to be compared to at least!

Also confirming that Kyzan is a nuts-hard dps check :smith:.

shut up gelly posted:

ya but i've downed goloch so technically we own :smug:

You could be like Dragongem and have only Crucia downed in FT :v:.

nicehook
Dec 5, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

AFAIK CP > everything for DPS, but they upped the stats on crit gear so the margins are slimmer now.

CP caps on your pet doesn't it?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Huh I just realized that I can have one character Guardian and one Defiant without them being completely separated now. One of the things that made me quit originally was getting into the 30s with one class and deciding I wanted to try another but going through all the same content (back before IA's) just killed my interest.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Server down for a few hours.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Black Pants posted:

Huh I just realized that I can have one character Guardian and one Defiant without them being completely separated now. One of the things that made me quit originally was getting into the 30s with one class and deciding I wanted to try another but going through all the same content (back before IA's) just killed my interest.

Not only are they not completely separated, they aren't functionally different at all. BGs aren't even segregated anymore are they?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #5 - 06/18/13

GENERAL
* Fixed a bug with stacks of NPC loot not always being awarded (most often seen with high level cloth).
* Fixed an issue with world bosses not always awarding kill credit when attacked by huge numbers of players at once.

RIFT STORE
* You will no longer have to open up the Rift store and manually claim the Account Functionality Extension; the moment your account acquires enough loyalty to unlock the extension it will be applied to your account!
* Rift Exchange is now "REX: Rift Exchange" to makes searches on the Auction House easier.

ZONES

THE DENDROME
* The Blackthorn Trolls in Shok Forest will no longer float above players when pulled.
* The Jungle Wildlings in Savage Wilds will no longer float above players when pulled.
* Missing Acolytes: The Stone of Cunaan will now be triggered after the player has looted it instead of when it's first used.
* The Council of Batua: Hugo will now part with his namesake spear no matter what order the quest objectives were completed in.
* Zone Event: Swarm of the Century: Sylver and the Ether Cannon now have significantly more health that scales with player population.
* Zone Event: Swarm of the Century: the ability name for exiting the cannon now matches the effect reported for blocking immediate re-entry.
* Zone Event: The Awakening: Optimized so that it should now cause less latency when large numbers of players are actively attempting to complete it.
* Kaaz'Ra's spawn puzzle will now properly reset after 1 hour.
* Kaaz'Icht, Kaaz'Krrch and Kaaz'Eckt will now respawn every 15 minutes instead of every 1 hour.

SERATOS
* Fixed Seratos Uncommon Artifact spawns

PVP
* Black Garden Domination now has a point cap of 500

ITEMS
* Architect Carapace and Architect Grub are now Common quality items and stack to 20.

DUNGEONS/INSTANCES

GRIM AWAKENING
* Reawakened Defilers are now properly interruptible.
* Kyzan will always cast Necrotic Torrent no matter which way he is facing.
* Salvarola's abilities in Phase 2 will now work regardless of his ability to see the target.
* Salvarola: Fix to prevent Salvarola from moving in Phase 1.
* Fixed Salvarola's adds in Phase 2 so that most AOEs will trigger the boss to heal.

ENDLESS ECLIPSE
* Regulos: Sicaron will no longer freak out when player-controlled pets are near him.

STORM BREAKER PROTOCOL
* Telephalon: Reset range is slightly shorter – can no longer be pulled around the corner of the bridge.

EMPYREAN CORE
* Slightly reduced the damage of the population at the entrance of the zone.

EXODUS OF THE STORM QUEEN
* General Grim: Players challenged by Grim can no longer use teleportation abilities.

UNHALLOWED BONE FORGE
* Necrotic Throne: Blood Torrent fires at more locations.

TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN
* General Typheria: Due to changes to this boss' enrage state the kill count for the achievement "Typheria's Angels" has been lowered to 10 from 15 in order to make it possible to achieve again.

Stacking Grubs, Hoom should be happy.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Are we doing the whole Generally Good raid buddy thing tonight? Or trying to do our own thing? I ask cause there's a lack of duders signed up for this GG raid.

Or maybe we try GA again?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Thank god for the BG Domination nerf, every one I did yesterday timed out.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kirtan posted:

Are we doing the whole Generally Good raid buddy thing tonight? Or trying to do our own thing? I ask cause there's a lack of duders signed up for this GG raid.

We don't sign up for raids, do we?
I have a fear of commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

quote:

* The Blackthorn Trolls in Shok Forest will no longer float above players when pulled.
* The Jungle Wildlings in Savage Wilds will no longer float above players when pulled.

Thank gently caress. That was incredibly annoying.

Kirtan posted:

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

StumblyWumbly posted:

We don't sign up for raids, do we?
I have a fear of commitment.

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

• Locked thread