Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Man, I keep getting rocked around the time my first leader dies. Can someone tell me the easiest way to dominating the entire loving map? I have a playthrough where I'm trying, failing, a lot, I just want one run I can just steamroll everyone in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Sure, I'll take Zoroastrianism.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
:siren:Game of Thrones CK2 mod has been updated to version 1.101:siren:

TIME TO REAVE

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Grem posted:

Man, I keep getting rocked around the time my first leader dies. Can someone tell me the easiest way to dominating the entire loving map? I have a playthrough where I'm trying, failing, a lot, I just want one run I can just steamroll everyone in.
What are you playing as, in what form is your "getting rocked around" taking, do you want to start as a gently caress-everybody emperor or work your way up to it?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SpaceViking posted:

So would the LPs stop once you get to King-equivalent? Or were you thinking something else? Because a few groups would probably take all of one update to start from Duke and get to King (coughVikingscough)

They should at least contain the bulk of the different gameplay mechanics, so you should also probably reform your religion, et cetera. It's fairly easy to do, too, though, seeing as I did with my first guy.

ANYHOW, can I join the list as a backup player? Like, if no one else wants to show off Muslims, I'll do it. I didn't have nearly as hard of a time with decadence as the topic makes it seem like everyone else did. I'd still rather someone else do it than me, since I have a possible promotion, two vacations, and some other stuff on my plate this summer, I just feel like I could show it off fairly well.

EDIT:
JESUS this post comes off as arrogant. I'm actually not all that good at this game, and the good stuff that might happen to me this year is largely hopes and dreams.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 19, 2013

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

CapnAndy posted:

If there are things left to show off and explain, keep going. The idea is to show new players what to do with each kind of ruler, not keep going until you're a mega-empire and you win. It doesn't have to stop the second you get a crown.

I can do Muslims then.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I'll do Byzantines. This is for Vanilla, right?

By that I mean vanilla plus any released expacs.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

beefart posted:

I'll do Byzantines. This is for Vanilla, right?

By that I mean vanilla plus any released expacs.
Yeah, no mods.

Man, these are getting snapped up fast. All we need now is somebody to be the Vikings!

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

CapnAndy posted:

Do place names change based on who holds them? I was wondering why the duchy with Dublin in it had been renamed Tara from Heath.

They do, but Meath was actually renamed to Tara in all cases with either 1.10 or 1.101. But yeah localisations are pretty common -- Ormond becomes Vedrafjord when owned by Norsemen, likewise York becomes Jorvik, etc.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, no mods.

Man, these are getting snapped up fast. All we need now is somebody to be the Vikings!

Actually didn't realize Vikings were still open. Is it too late to change?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Allyn posted:

They do, but Meath was actually renamed to Tara in all cases with either 1.10 or 1.101. But yeah localisations are pretty common -- Ormond becomes Vedrafjord when owned by Norsemen, likewise York becomes Jorvik, etc.

Didn't they also change the duchy of Somerset and its shield to become Wessex if it's held by an Anglo-Saxon/germanic? The whole dynamic shield changes based on culture and religion are neat, but I wish I knew where they were in the code.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

I thought I claimed Byzantines a few pages ago. :negative:

e:

Dirty_Moses posted:

I'd love to do that then. I've a bit of a soft spot for the big ol byz. :getin:

If you want it though, go for it. It'd be my first LP.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

Dirty_Moses posted:

e:

If Vikings are still open, I'll take those. Otherwise, I'll let you do Byz

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dirty_Moses posted:

e:

Perfect, you do the Byzantines and beefart can switch to Vikings.

1) Standard Catholic - Claimed by CapnAndy
2) Byzantine - Claimed by Dirty_Moses
3) Muslim - SpaceViking
4) Republic - Claimed by Daeren
5) Pagan Vikings - Claimed by beefart
6) Zoroastrian - Claimed by GrabbinPeels

Get to work!

Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

The dead do not "get high"
How does decadence increase in CK2+? I tried muslims once, but a few Ramadans and then it never went up from zero in fifty years, and I never saw anothe dynasty go over 25% either.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

CapnAndy posted:

Perfect, you do the Byzantines and beefart can switch to Vikings.

1) Standard Catholic - Claimed by CapnAndy
2) Byzantine - Claimed by Dirty_Moses
3) Muslim - SpaceViking
4) Republic - Claimed by Daeren
5) Pagan Vikings - Claimed by beefart
6) Zoroastrian - Claimed by GrabbinPeels

Get to work!

You make the thread/first update(s), then I'll get to work :colbert:

Though that does raise a question, are we all going to be posting our different tutorials at once or are we going one at a time?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

Daeren posted:

Though that does raise a question, are we all going to be posting our different tutorials at once or are we going one at a time?

Also do we have LP mod approval for going ahead with the Old Gods-specific content?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Hazmat Sam posted:

How does decadence increase in CK2+? I tried muslims once, but a few Ramadans and then it never went up from zero in fifty years, and I never saw anothe dynasty go over 25% either.

It's purely driven by traits. Certain traits (humble, zealous...) can trigger decadence-lowering events, while others (glutton, cynical) can trigger decadence-raising ones. These trigger for the top-level ruler of your dynasty in each realm, so even if you're the Sultan, your idiot third cousin hanging out with the Fatimids can raise your decadence. At least, that's how it worked last I played CK+.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Aaaagh. Through some perverse feat of marriage, the Kingdom of the Westerreich merged with the Kingdom of the Barrier. Now the Faith of Sonendis rules two of the largest swathes of Central Sonendar. I gave that faith the decision to turn every single religion into a heresy of Sonendis if they manage to control all the territory surrounding Lake Sonendar.

Also the Kingdom of Bregnac has almost totally absorbed Everdell and Manxwall to the southwest! And in the east, the Zhao Dynasty is well on its way to reunifying the Yuan Empire!! And I just noticed that the Kingdom of Daxos is being picked apart by Ghanipur and The Westerreich/Barrier in the Northeast.

Shiiiit! :suicide:

If you want to get in on this madness, download...

Sonendar v.1.04.2

EDIT: In the latest version I've altered the Pirate Raid CB a bit to make it even more devastating. In the last raid, I got my rear end kicked by Dagny Mancrusher of the Lost Isles, a descendant of Janessa, and she levied a toll of 842 gold ducats on me. I only had 280 in the bank.

Why is Aztlan not using its awesome gfx type? It would fit so well :(

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

This is what happens to regents that steal from my treasury! :black101:

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Broken Cog posted:

I like that should he survive, he'll be somewhat cross with you for about a year then just get over it. "Kids, what are you gonna do?"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Broken Cog posted:

Also nice how your character has no care in the world for his castle burning. Your regent is probably overlooking the damage the Vikings did to your holding when you throw over the balcony. The raid also explains why the corridors are empty.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

CapnAndy posted:

What are you playing as, in what form is your "getting rocked around" taking, do you want to start as a gently caress-everybody emperor or work your way up to it?

Usually I start with a petty kingdom in Sweden-Finland area. Try to work my way up to king, which I've done once in a while.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
DrSunshine, on Sonendar, do you have plans to expand the mod's focus to those bits of land on the edges of the map?

Also, what are they/who do they hold? Just wondering so I can get a better, more immersive grasp of the setting.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

GrabbinPeels posted:

I like that should he survive, he'll be somewhat cross with you for about a year then just get over it. "Kids, what are you gonna do?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wCXr_6wgns

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sampatrick posted:

Why is Aztlan not using its awesome gfx type? It would fit so well :(

I am honestly not really sure. I have their religion and culture set to mesoamericangfx so something else must be going wacky here. I haven't figured it out yet! :(

nutranurse posted:

DrSunshine, on Sonendar, do you have plans to expand the mod's focus to those bits of land on the edges of the map?

Also, what are they/who do they hold? Just wondering so I can get a better, more immersive grasp of the setting.

Oh yes, certainly, most definitely! I'm going to expand there just as soon as I finish filling out the dynasties of everyone on the central continent. If you notice those little islands just to the southwest of the Lost Isles, those are definitely going to be the first to get expanded: they will be the Corsair States, a series of small raider republics-- imagine something like Arabic viking merchant republics. Each city-state will have a bunch of patrician families who can all go raiding for gold along with the regular trading stuff.

Also, you may have noticed that the Rozhans now have African graphics. They are actually a tiny offshoot of colonists whose homeland is in the continent in the south, in the Empire of Dar-Orrozhai. Those guys will be sort of like a Byzantine-like empire at its height, that's super wealthy and advanced, and they look down on the Sonendarians as primitive and backwards. This Empire is led by a Merchant-Emperor and his vassal Merchant-Kings, and they'll have a religion where wealth equals piety. You'll be able to do things like ask for titles and concessions from the emperor if you're wealthy enough, and wage war to depose feudal rulers who run out of money.

In the far north will be the Nord homeland, Valkheim, and it'll be split up into a number of small tribal kingdoms. They'll have this special event chain I'm developing, that's sort of like the Muslim Go on Hajj event chain, only at the end you'll get a random claim on a duchy title in Sonendar so you can invade!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 20, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DrSunshine posted:

...African... Byzantine[s]...

...Nord... Hajj...

:allears:

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Oh, I just discovered something really cool!

If you're the religious head and you own a holy site, it gives an extra bonus to moral authority! And I don't mean if you own the county the holy site is in, but the usually-barony-level religious holding.

I think I'll take Mecca and Medina for myself.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Daktar posted:

Also, abbeys in some form. Because I really want to see an event chain detailing the adventures of a mystery solving monk.
I, too, wish to see monks solve mysteries.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Since I was playing as Karen, I didn't pay much attention to what was going on on the western side of the map.

Other than England being exiled to Bjarma, nothing too interesting going on here.

Then I clicked on the religion map to see how my conversions were doing.

Wait a minute, why are there green patches in Scotland?

Welp.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hope that these mini LPs are gonna keep faith with what made the Ireland one so good: a strong familiarity with the mechanics of the game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I hope that these mini LPs are gonna keep faith with what made the Ireland one so good: a strong familiarity with the mechanics of the game.
I'll try! I've got the hardest row to hoe there anyway, since I'm the one stepping right in its footprints -- I'm thinking of doing Munster as a direct hat-tip.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Can we expect to see where the Aztlani came from anywhere in the mod? Any cool things designed for them? ( I am absolutely not an Amerindian fanboy, no sir )

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sampatrick posted:

Can we expect to see where the Aztlani came from anywhere in the mod? Any cool things designed for them? ( I am absolutely not an Amerindian fanboy, no sir )
They come from off of the map and they are magic cheating murder-machine fuckers :mad:

Also you can't play as them.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What sort of other awesome religions can you start as the Magyars?

Also, why do you get a 11k large troop retinue when you create Hungary? Seems a bit unbalanced (edit: or is this a CK2+ bug?)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sampatrick posted:

Are you talking to me? If you are, basically I'm planning to extend the history back about a hundred years or so, to show a time when Sonendar's various empires were still around.

The gist of it is that about 120 years ago, the Yuan Empire was still in one piece, when the Aztecs invaded from a continent in the Far East, over the sea. Now, back then, the Yuan Empire was already in decline, with heresies such as "Neo-Legalism" and "Liberty" gaining credence, and with power devolving from the Imperial Bureaucracy to the feudal lords. The massive invasion would be the last straw, and when the Golden Palace at Tianmindao was sacked by the personal forces of the Tlatoani of Mexhikha, the Yuan Empire would be split in two, divided between the forces loyal to either of the descendants of two of the Emperor's concubines-- the Leung Dynasty and the Zhao Dynasty. However, combining their forces, over the course of a hundred years, the two Yuanese kings would manage to push the Aztecs back into the seas and forcing the remaining Aztecs to retreat to a fortified position in the high mountains.

I'll probably represent this as a much larger Aztlan blob in the earlier starting date. The Aztecs will have various cool events assigned to them, like a way to sacrifice prisoners for piety and prestige (like the Norse), and various religious events. I had an idea that if you have enough piety you can spend it on a way to summon another Aztec reinforcement stack from across the sea. (The Aztecs wound up in Sonendar through some sort of dimensional gateway, you see).

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 20, 2013

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Also, what are some other good historical figures to start with in 900AD? (That they dont recommend) I remember someone wrote a guide for 1060 guys, and it was awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I'll try! I've got the hardest row to hoe there anyway, since I'm the one stepping right in its footprints -- I'm thinking of doing Munster as a direct hat-tip.

Ooh, yeah, following his LP and adding the new stuff would be a perfect start.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

how do I proactively deal with someone gathering a host?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

how do I proactively deal with someone gathering a host?

Stab. Stab stab stab.

• Locked thread