Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, you're telling me.

:barf: fuxxo
you think thats bad?

We got speedos incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Hahaha and it wouldn't be a PSO game without bath towels and sandals. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wet, see-through bath towels and sandals.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Tengames posted:

you think thats bad?

We got speedos incoming.

Not only are speedos coming, but the fatbot in the speedo is a slightly skinnier version of me :allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
So I'm patching slowly and I think I like the idea of techer or force. AOEs, long range damage and general squishy-ness, right? I think I'm going to create an obese, pale female elf for this game. It seems appropriate.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Blazing Zero posted:

So I'm patching slowly and I think I like the idea of techer or force. AOEs, long range damage and general squishy-ness, right? I think I'm going to create an obese, pale female elf for this game. It seems appropriate.

All you need is Resta, Zonde, and Zondeel. Elemental weaknesses? Too much of a hassle. Just swish around blind your party with delicious chain lightning. :science: :getin:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Schedules for the profound falz events and kuna concerts have been posted. someone has already made a nicer image then I could make showing the times

I love how falz's lasers are clipping through his own hands in the official sega screenshot.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
I guess that means it's time to grind out that last level to hit Very Hard. I need that sweet, sweet Falz gear.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Torquil posted:

I guess that means it's time to grind out that last level to hit Very Hard. I need that sweet, sweet Falz gear.
Except you need to be level 55 to play the supercharged Falz this coming week. v:v:v

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
Guess that detail slipped past me. Well guess that means I need to grind even more. :smith:

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
This game is amazing (now) and you should all play (now).

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, you're telling me.

I've gotta ask. Did you guys buy matching outfits FOR the dance party or was that a coincidence?

EDIT:Does anyone know how often Indomitable Spirit goes off? I really want to get a Last Survivor. I know it's not ideal for DPS but I kind of like the idea of being an immortal annoyance.

Lenaway fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 19, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lenaway posted:

I've gotta ask. Did you guys buy matching outfits FOR the dance party or was that a coincidence?

Ah, a little of both. Elizabeth has had it for ages, suggested I buy it. Then later on Fuxxo joined in because.. well because Fuxxo likes making people uncomfortable, I guess.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah, a little of both. Elizabeth has had it for ages, suggested I buy it. Then later on Fuxxo joined in because.. well because Fuxxo likes making people uncomfortable, I guess.

Hey, you guys asked for it! :colbert:

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

MR. J posted:

Except you need to be level 55 to play the supercharged Falz this coming week. v:v:v

Just to confirm, this is absolutely not the case. The level requirements are the same as normal Falz. He actually popped immediately after the concert.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Sega has put out some statistics about the game after its first year,ranging from percentage of players that used ____ class, to most commonly used photon arts and techs, all the way down to player character boob sizes.

edit: whoops forgot to close url tag

Tengames fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 19, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Yeah, I ran LV. 60 DF this morning, and people below 55 were able to join. Weirdly, the DF Arms quest was announced at quarter past, and it started on the half hour. DF Arms aren't all that different, just more HP, but DF Elder has different attack patterns, like a rapid double palm thrust and a bigger splash damage radius on his slams, plus a new vacuum laser attack. I got an Elder Fist off arms, but nothing from Elder(rare +50%/Tri +50%/full break). The bingo card flag got set properly also, which was a relief. It is supposed to run every day between today and next Wed. (Japan time) at 12:00 AM and 7:00 AM EDT, so people in the US should be able to get a shot at it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Watchin' streams right now, but so far we seem to be 2/2 for Kuna Concerts turning into Superfalz.

so maybe I won't have to wake up at 6AM tomorrow and instead stay up until 2:30AM tonight...

both of those still seem like lovely ideas to me though...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Staying up all night is a great idea, what are you talking about?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, I've got video of that, Raging Dark Arms and whatever Super Falz' mission is called ready for upload once I go to bed. Super Falz is a super douche.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Ship 1 had Quna concerts turn in DF too, but the player site gives fixed times for both events that don't quite line up, so who knows?

Obviously with a bunch of high level people he's not that much harder than the regular version, and there's more margin for spillover damage when trying to break arms. The only really dangerous new move is the double palm thrust, but as long as you get the timing right, you can evade both of them and immediately punish.

The DF Elder quest translates directly as "The Great Body that Dwells in the Furthest Depths", though personally I would go with something like the Abyssal Colossus.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Idol concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFu0Xzenrk

Raging Dark Arms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUmpYI--ew

Super Falz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFJWMz563M

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
And here we have a perfect example of the different verity of the elusive(haha) space elf!

This is a really good example of the body sliders: heavy, medium, small; also height medium, tall, short; Even skin tone! Dark, gray, pale!

I love this game and I love you guys! :3:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dear god it takes forever to download the client.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pack it in, guys, nobody can out-fashion this fellow.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

waah posted:

Dear god it takes forever to download the client.
You're not kidding. It took me nearly a day to download and patch it....

and then had to completely uninstall and repatch, because I'm bad at patch orders, and installed the translation BEFORE patching. Of course then it took almost another day to actually play the game, since my email address wouldn't actually recieve the authorization code, so I had to switch it which meant bumbling around with the captcha for a few hours.

When I finally got in game, I had quite a bit of fun with just the tutorials, so I think it was worth it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I officially dub this a silly game:

But it's also more PSO.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

heenato posted:

You're not kidding. It took me nearly a day to download and patch it....

and then had to completely uninstall and repatch, because I'm bad at patch orders, and installed the translation BEFORE patching. Of course then it took almost another day to actually play the game, since my email address wouldn't actually recieve the authorization code, so I had to switch it which meant bumbling around with the captcha for a few hours.

When I finally got in game, I had quite a bit of fun with just the tutorials, so I think it was worth it.

There is a file check button in the launcher that allows you to regain any of the original files so you don't have to fully reinstall the game.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

InfinityComplex posted:

There is a file check button in the launcher that allows you to regain any of the original files so you don't have to fully reinstall the game.
:doh:

In my defense, I couldn't read any of the buttons.

VVV That's something I'm trying to figure out, but I tend to screw things up royally when I don't have installation instructions. I mean, for the most part it's straightforward, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to use for the translation files section, and I probably ended up breaking something trying to figure it out. Though, I don't know yet since it's downloading a 1.6 gig patch now.

heenato fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 20, 2013

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

heenato posted:

:doh:

In my defense, I couldn't read any of the buttons.

If you aren't using the translated patcher, then you should. Seems to have better connectivity in some cases, as well.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Sonny Cheebah posted:

If you aren't using the translated patcher, then you should. Seems to have better connectivity in some cases, as well.
There's a translated patcher? I see nothing about this in the OP. My current patcher is not only slower than 56k, but errors out about 20 minutes in. :(

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yes. I move that it be added to the OP.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Sonny Cheebah posted:

Looks like the patcher isn't up to date with the latest patch in-game, though. I'd imagine that'll take a day or two two straighten out.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

It almost never is. It still functions well, if you ignore some of the attempts to reach the server, as it still gets the required updates from SoJ just fine. I also manually install the language patch, just to avoid any headaches.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Sonny Cheebah posted:

yeah I was mostly just waiting for someone else to link it here, I also added a disclaimer on the link like the story mode patch.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I can't help but feel great shame whenever I visit these concerts in the vain hope that they'd hand out her outfit to people, but this time something magical happened.

Herb dares to do what we cannot, and reach for his dreams.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Holy lol. Some in game wedding going on in b201 and they are getting super upset at anyone who questions why.

Oh, found it haha. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208495

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 20, 2013

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Aenslaed posted:

Holy lol. Some in game wedding going on in b201 and they are getting super upset at anyone who questions why.

Oh, found it haha. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208495

I would ask why, but I imagine this happens more than I know.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Tengames posted:

Sega has put out some statistics about the game after its first year,ranging from percentage of players that used ____ class, to most commonly used photon arts and techs, all the way down to player character boob sizes.

edit: whoops forgot to close url tag

Who'd have guessed that Deadly Archer is the most used DS skill?!

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
So I picked this back up after quitting at level 8 for some reason back during open beta, even installed the translation patch. My character is still there, on ship 2, and as soon as I log in there are holographic Sonic characters and the city escape theme from sonic generations is blaring. Holy poo poo why did I ever quit? I love you Sega! I turned in my mag quest, got my first mag and decided to go finish some other client orders I apparently have!

...But then I found out when I try to board the campship it says it's "not available". I can't actually leave the lobby and go do stuff. What am I missing? Mind you up until now I did everything untranslated. Should I just make a new character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

OrangeSoda posted:

...But then I found out when I try to board the campship it says it's "not available". I can't actually leave the lobby and go do stuff.

You have to go to the quest counter and select a quest.

• Locked thread