Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meso
Jun 14, 2013
I really wish Tsotsobe would either spend at least 2 minutes in the nets practising his batting, or give up the idea that he can play a ball. As soon as he stepped to the crease, I knew he would only last one ball - being a bowler shouldn't be an excuse for not being able to just stick your body in front of it and fend off 3 deliveries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Cricinfo has their own version: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/643435.html

Not sure what Sutherland is on, it sounds to me like they definitely will be picking the team. Given the recent results of them not picking the team, I'd say that might be a good thing for Australia.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
England will win by eight wickets with 27 balls to spare. Trott 47* (103)

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
He's big, he's bad, he's better than his dad

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm disgusted that Cook didn't chuck away our review on his wicket again.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I reckon Trott will scratch around and let the run rate creep up to 8 an over and then get out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Loved the hotspot of Root getting nailed in the cock.

As much as Trotts slow scoring pisses me off, he has averaged like 75 in ODI's this year and if he wasnt such an ugly player he'd probably be regarded as one of the best in the world imo.

And now the Umpires have changed the ball. Wonder who was tampering in the SA side?

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 19, 2013

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Nice work England

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

serious gaylord posted:

As much as Trotts slow scoring pisses me off, he has averaged like 75 in ODI's this year and if he wasnt such an ugly player he'd probably be regarded as one of the best in the world imo.

Looking at Statsguru, in this champion's trophy I don't think you can really single him out. Of the England guys with at least 50 runs in the tournament, he's third in strike rate and first in total runs by quite a bit. It seems weird to single him out for slow play in a team that's not doing much better. Ravi's the only guy successfully doing the big-and-fast role.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

cadfael posted:

Nice work England

What? I thought Joe Root was playing?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
That's his older brother.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

One thing I like about Joe Root is that his mouth is always slightly open when he bats, so he looks constantly terrified while hes at the crease. Hes probably just worried about the homework hes got due in the next day though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

dupersaurus posted:

Looking at Statsguru, in this champion's trophy I don't think you can really single him out. Of the England guys with at least 50 runs in the tournament, he's third in strike rate and first in total runs by quite a bit. It seems weird to single him out for slow play in a team that's not doing much better. Ravi's the only guy successfully doing the big-and-fast role.

In this case the stats are somewhat misleading. Trott has a habit of scoring very very slowly at the beginning of his innings and then accelerating once he's very well set (and usually past his current average). While this is fine in theory, in games that require England to chase large targets or indeed usually when batting first, this puts the pressure on his batting partners to up the tempo and take the risks instead.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Tim Bresnan's called his baby Max Geoffrey Bresnan. Now that is a true Yorkshireman.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha, Darren Stevens just hit a 44 ball ton against Sussex.

Christ, county cricket.

DI Stevens c Machan b Anyon 118 (66m 53b 12x4 7x6) SR: 222.64

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Lionel Richie posted:

Tim Bresnan's called his baby Max Geoffrey Bresnan. Now that is a true Yorkshireman.

call him up imo

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

One thing I like about Joe Root is that his mouth is always slightly open when he bats, so he looks constantly terrified while hes at the crease. Hes probably just worried about the homework hes got due in the next day though.

That's the difference between England and Australia right now.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Trott would have to be a serious chance to win man of the tournament.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Shmoses posted:

Trott would have to be a serious chance to win man of the tournament.

Him or Jimmy Anderson - 10 wickets for 12.70 at an economy rate of 3.84.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Looks like its India v England for the final lads. Sri Lankans dropping like flies.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

At least we sometimes beat India, Sri Lanka always seem to hammer us.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Can't quite figure out what Sri Lanka is up to with 39 in 17 overs when there's strong chance of rain. If it rains for a few hours after 20 overs, they're screwed

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is Dhoni bowling?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Because he's a disrespectful oval office.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

So it's basically gonna be England v India, right?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

At least we sometimes beat India, Sri Lanka always seem to hammer us.

I would like us to bowl first against India so their ego's take over and they get out for gently caress all.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22982588 posted:

Australia coach Mickey Arthur says his side have the "best bowling attack in the world" and can put England under pressure in the Ashes.

Is he on crack?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Sri Lanka better win. If there's one team that can make me put my hatred of Giles aside and hope for an England win it's India

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Is he on crack?

Maybe he thinks if he says it enough it will become true?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving hell Sri Lanka, you could at least TRY.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wonder what the odds of India winning this game in the 50th over are?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If anyone can drag it out to 50 overs, it will be them.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

goatface posted:

Is he on crack?
He said 'most well rounded' from what I read. Which still isn't true, we don't have a spinner. We arguably have the best pace depth, but I'm not sure how helpful that is if you struggle to keep the same set of blokes on the park.

EDIT:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/20/micky-arthur-australia-better-bowlers-england posted:

"We've got the best all-round bowling attack in world cricket," he said. "I'm talking depth wise. That's a massive boost for us. If we play for the badge it's going to be extremely powerful, and if our batsmen get enough runs we've got a really good chance in this Ashes series because I'm confident we're going to get 20 wickets."

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 20, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, some declaration bowling from Malinga to get it over with.

Ugh, what a terrible final. Ashley Giles v the BCCI. Maybe it'll be rained off.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Well, that was tedious. Vaguely reminiscent of the 900 other SL - IND ODIs I've seen the last year.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

goatface posted:

Ugh, what a terrible final. Ashley Giles v the BCCI. Maybe it'll be rained off.

Unfortunately if that happens the rules state the trophy is shared, so it'd be the worst possible result - they both win.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

oh my godddd

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

The Sri Lankan players didn't want to offend their IPL paymasters.

They're actually quite a prickly and verbally aggressive team these days (especially Jayawardene and Sangakkara), but they're little, mild pussy cats when they're facing India.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has someone ploughed the Old Trafford wicket or something? 18 wickets on the first day for less than 200 runs seems a BIT excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Has someone ploughed the Old Trafford wicket or something? 18 wickets on the first day for less than 200 runs seems a BIT excessive.

Its swung for the first time in this tournament tbh.

• Locked thread