Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

people should be able to pay to defund a kickstarter

just give the money straight to kickstarter and it counts against their total

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Balobam posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al! posted:

guys i think i could make a shitload of money if i put up a kickstarter called surviving the game: a handbook for spotting, shutting down, and shaming pickup artists

the hunter has become the hunted

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
poo poo i guess head rapist neil strauss already has a book called surviving the game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my millions...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the most spergy game

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

nope thats train simulator 2013

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dimebag dinkman posted:

the irreversible action...
"Hell someone with a calculator realized that we'd make 5% of $16,369 and suddenly endorsing rape didn't seem that bad."

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

RoadCrewWorker posted:

"Hell someone with a calculator realized that we'd make 5% of $16,369 and suddenly endorsing rape didn't seem that bad."

yeh that $800 sure is worth pissing off the kind of people who use kickstarter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im thankful its made me not want to use kickstarter anymore because kickstarting things is dumb as hell anyway

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

exactly, whoever made that call is stupidly greedy or some reddit mra libertarian shithead or both.

basically

Al! posted:

im thankful its made me not want to use kickstarter anymore because kickstarting things is dumb as hell anyway

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Balobam posted:

this would be even better if kickstarter still refunded backers but not defunders if they kept the project below it's target

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

guys i think i could make a shitload of money if i put up a kickstarter called surviving the game: a handbook for spotting, shutting down, and shaming pickup artists

as long as it shits all over reddit and you advertise on tumblr youll make millions

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

do it

Dec 26, 2012

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

really it depends what kind of legs this story gets

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
we need some actuall lawyers in here to explain why they can't just pull it down

i'm hoping there's a good reason

probably not

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

01011001 posted:

really it depends what kind of legs this story gets

does cnn count?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

01011001 posted:

really it depends what kind of negs this story gets

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Same way it's tricky to ask if Google or YouTube or any other hosting entity should remove content based on [name your reasons]. I didn't say it was wrong to say "yes, pull this vile poo poo off Kickstarter," just that there's an interesting debate or discussion to be had about what the right thing is to do.

I'm a survivor too.

oh xeni jardin, keep being terrible terrible

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
if xeni jardin was made into soup, i would not drink that soup

Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

does cnn count?

i meant in terms of enough people actively giving kickstarter poo poo about it so that they have to make a change and it wont be forgotten in a few weeks, thats certainly promising though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

01011001 posted:

i meant in terms of enough people actively giving kickstarter poo poo about it so that they have to make a change and it wont be forgotten in a few weeks, thats certainly promising though

it would be interesting to see if anybody important closes their campaigns. i know ive pulled out of the one thing i was kickstarting and im going to avoid it in the future; anything id actually be interested in usually puts up separate paypal options up anyway. and ive seen other people do the same thing. the problem is kickstarter is where the money is right now and kickstarter knows it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lmao

quote:

“All the greatest seducers in history could not keep their hands off of women. They aggressively escalated physically with every woman they were flirting with. They began touching them immediately, kept great body language and eye contact, and were shameless in their physicality. Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That’s hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.”

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

we need some actuall lawyers in here to explain why they can't just pull it down

i'm hoping there's a good reason

probably not

not a law-talking-type-person but i'm going to guess their contract terms currently don't allow them to defer payment pending investigation once the funding period ends, hence their reference to the time involved, and their lawyers couldn't make a decision quickly enough

if that's the case they'll probably change the tos to allow them to defer payment in these circumstances because even if they don't give a poo poo about this it's got some fairly nasty ramifications for them in the future

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKFrhW4-BmU&t=190s

ugg trying to link to 3m10s in

Dr. Honked fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 20, 2013

Dec 26, 2012

really im not sure how anyone is defending this except out of ignorance

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

if xeni jardin was made into soup, i would not drink that soup

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

quote:

Who the gently caress are you..The Witchfinder General.. or an old Tory nonce trying to divert attention from your own seedy misdemeanors. A lot of people still consider Jimmy Saville a top working class man, and no number of poverty struck ex groupies is goona change that. As much as it may be remote from puritanical wanks like you...having sex with birds up for it is NOT a crime.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

having sex with birds up for it is NOT a crime.
:parrot:

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Al! posted:

poo poo i guess head rapist neil strauss already has a book called surviving the game

call it negging the neggers

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

mods?!?!?

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
or for max reddit rage instead of a handbook call it a womyn's guide

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

not a law-talking-type-person but i'm going to guess their contract terms currently don't allow them to defer payment pending investigation once the funding period ends, hence their reference to the time involved, and their lawyers couldn't make a decision quickly enough

if that's the case they'll probably change the tos to allow them to defer payment in these circumstances because even if they don't give a poo poo about this it's got some fairly nasty ramifications for them in the future

thank you

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i know this thread is for worthless kickstarters but http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/griffinhammond/srirachaa-documentary-film-by-griffin-hammond?ref=home_popular

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dont support kickstarter tia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

quote:

We started the film in November of 2013 with a small kickstarter of $1000, to make a short film documentary A JUGGALO STORY. As the few months of filming, I realized I have a masterpiece and so did a few other people. $1000 is not enough money to make a fresh money. A really well done film that worth the time. It is turning from a short film to two epic documentary of the misunderstand family of misfists. DMP presents, Matt The Dragan and Melinda "Moo" on their journey to meet with the underground family known to the FBI and United States Polices forces as "violent" gang. They are two juggalos trying to prove to the world that you cannot call someone who likes a genre of music, gang members.

italics are my own emphasis

they're from the future, where they already got $1k, figured out it couldn't fund their heroin addiction, and decided to just go ahead and post it again

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

$100,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

100 k for a bent mirror in a cheap wood frame