Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tamphex
Jun 21, 2003
The lag poo poo has definitely hit the fan. Looks like the EU servers are down for the count too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
In as Tynisa on the correct Shard. I said gently caress it and rolled a new class.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So here is something weird. My warrior has tempest. I don't have the expansion.

My other characters below 50 do not have their SL soul.

Bong logged in and has no SL souls. He played longer than I did.

What gives?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

I spend most of my time doing random poo poo around the world and I loves me my druidicar spec. It is a bit different than yours, I use tank pet most of the time.

Here's the build at 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l/DkGB5ayGEGg/rkt0

60 druid, 16 justicar, 0 shaman.

0 shaman is for Vengeance of the Winter Storm buff.

16 justicar for Even Justice life-dmg AE attack, Righteous Mandate buff (for use on pet), I use spare convictions (when at 4 or when I think of it/need ranged attack) on Hammer of Duty. At 4 convictions it does more damage than your main single attack (Strike of Judgement because life-dmg)

60 druid for everything else/pets.

Macros:

Single Target:
#show Strike of Judgment
suppressmacrofailures
cast Shield of Oak
cast Subtlety
cast Combined Effort
cast Bolt of Radiance
cast Strike of Judgment
//druidicar

(I add that //comment line at the end for each macro so I know which role I have it there for, it helps me a lot)

AE:
#show Even Justice
suppressmacrofailures
cast Combined Effort
cast Shield of Oak
cast Even Justice
//druidicar

If I'm pulling just one mob, I debuff/dot the hell out of it on the way in. I cast Thorns of Ire to pull (if just one mob, pet will autoattack on this debuff, doesn't aggro the mob on it's own). This makes the mob take 1500 extra damage when I attack it, every 3s. Then I hit it with Crushing Force, a dot over 15 seconds (crushing force is also my ranged pull/aggro spell for multiple mobs). Then I hit it with Eruption of Life (debuff that makes it take more damage on the next 5 hits/15 seconds). Then I spam my single target macro until it dies. Refreshing the debuffs as needed (only needed on stuff that has a lot of hit points).

If it's a bunch of mobs that I want to pull I just use Crushing Force to aggro it all, pull it into a pile then Even Justice the poo poo out of it until everything dies. Using tank pet there is no worries about aggro or death, you heal it like crazy with Even Justice, since life damage based attacks trigger bigger Righteous Mandate (make sure you buff tank pet with this) heals. Meanwhile your self-buff Spirit of Upheaval is making your pet do earth damage to 5 things around it, which itself triggers damage on 5 things around it. Damage spam.

Have fun!

edit: if you're going to be doing stuff like onslaughts/world events and there are tanks present, use the caster pet and make sure the toggle-buff Fae Disruption is toggled on to make it cast AEs which trigger Spirit of Upheaval, which triggers Spirit of Upheaval. Massive AE damage, but the one caveat is that your pet casts it's AE damage spell in a cone in front of it. I do fine not paying attention to it, but if you min-max, you might wince when it "only" AE hits 3 mobs for 12 lines of different damages each, or whatever it's so much floaty combat spam I just enjoy it.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 21, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
This is a first: disconnected for inactivity while still at 10% loading the zone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

mr. nobody posted:

If I'm pulling just one mob, I debuff/dot the hell out of it on the way in. I cast Thorns of Ire to pull (if just one mob, pet will autoattack on this debuff, doesn't aggro the mob on it's own). This makes the mob take 1500 extra damage when I attack it, every 3s. Then I hit it with Crushing Force, a dot over 15 seconds (crushing force is also my ranged pull/aggro spell for multiple mobs). Then I hit it with Eruption of Life (debuff that makes it take more damage on the next 5 hits/15 seconds). Then I spam my single target macro until it dies. Refreshing the debuffs as needed (only needed on stuff that has a lot of hit points).

That's how Eruption works? I thought it was like a really lovely version of Dusk Strike. :downs:

I mostly just stopped at 44 for Spirit of Upheaval, then started dumping into Inq because Inq has Armor of Devotion, 10% SP, and 5% damage which are all pretty appealing.

I actually dropped down to 16 Justicar, Mien of Honor is nice for getting mobs onto my pet quickly but the healing bonus is negligible, and since I'm usually not getting hit the damage reduction/healing taken talents aren't of much value. And Doctrine of Loyalty is pretty useless for a solo build so. :v:

Just means more points in Inq, I guess! I think I can get Shroud of Agony now which is even more AoE damage.

mims03
Nov 7, 2010
Can I get an invite for my alt GoPlaytetris and my buddy Munz.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I need an invite for Capitalistpig.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

How do you set up mouseover casting in Rift anyways?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Gorelab posted:

How do you set up mouseover casting in Rift anyways?

cast @mouseoverui spell is the macro command I believe.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Re-rolled onto what is now the correct shard, need an invite on Frapples. Also, fishing is exactly the same as it is in wow and I am just as mind-numbingly addicted to it. Got to level 9 lickity-split, then got a fishing pole from some random fish loving npc and have since gained no more levels. Maybe once I finish these stupid rare fish dailies...

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Looking for an invite on my warrior, Eragunde.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Rocketpriest posted:

Re-rolled onto what is now the correct shard, need an invite on Frapples. Also, fishing is exactly the same as it is in wow and I am just as mind-numbingly addicted to it. Got to level 9 lickity-split, then got a fishing pole from some random fish loving npc and have since gained no more levels. Maybe once I finish these stupid rare fish dailies...

And you can fish up artifacts! That alone makes it hard for me not to fish all the time.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Rocketpriest posted:

Has WoW fishing improved since I last played it? Rift's fishing is nicer, because it's got a bigger animation, and a distinct sound effect for when you've got a bite. You can click anywhere on the screen, or better yet, just hit your fishing button again, to pull up your fish. It makes fishing while I watch Netflix on my second monitor so convenient.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Still looking for an invite, Petzrawr in game.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys but I'll be on for the next few hours if someone could send me an invite.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Coolwhoami posted:

And you can fish up artifacts! That alone makes it hard for me not to fish all the time.

I play the rift mobile Shinies scratcher a LOT for a similar reason...

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Need an invite to guild, character name Kenlon.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Coolwhoami posted:

That does not appear to work anymore, theres a stickied post on the forums that indicates that this is a deliberate thing, and that you either have to have already had time on rift, or buy any amount of points.

Either way, you need to have 1500 loyalty which will net you the "Account Functionality Extension" item that, some two patches ago, you had to manually claim and use to gain the extended functionality which includes the ability to sell on the AH. Veryfying your e-mail will do nothing.

I believe that having the base game will unlock all but two bag slots and give you some/all characters slot, not sure on the details.

Here is some more information.

(I think the link might be worth including in the OP.)

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Could do with an invite, character name same as here

edit: done, thanks

ragle fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 21, 2013

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

that's no way to get ahead in life, murv

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

My beautiful head!! What did you do to me?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Me and some pals are playing this and love goons & goon culture. Please invite Laconic.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Bah, I'm still missing my SL souls.
I got the expansions through Raptr, for the sake of it, I even bought the souls from the cash store, but still, no god damned tactician on my rogue, and no new souls on any new char I create. GMs say they're working on it, after I ticketed them on the day of f2p release, but still nothing. I just want to try out a tactician, dang nabbit!

Pepslexic
Jun 26, 2006
Nothing goes here
Wow this game has changed since launch. Going to give it another shot, could I get an invite for Swarg into the guild?

Seobe
Oct 10, 2012
Going to apply as Seobe. I'm lost, confused, and Sanctum is full of bigots who don't like my axe.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Datasmurf posted:

Bah, I'm still missing my SL souls.
I got the expansions through Raptr, for the sake of it, I even bought the souls from the cash store, but still, no god damned tactician on my rogue, and no new souls on any new char I create. GMs say they're working on it, after I ticketed them on the day of f2p release, but still nothing. I just want to try out a tactician, dang nabbit!

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/367784-cant-access-sl-souls.html ?

quote:

GENERAL
* Purposes with Storm Legion souls can now be properly selected by players who own them! You may need to create a new character to see them.
* During character select, those that own Storm Legion souls can now select Purposes with those soul

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have that screenshot of the dimension with the giant raven some goon made? Trying to convince my friend who's obsessed with The Sims to give Rift a shot.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Blast of Confetti posted:

Does anyone have that screenshot of the dimension with the giant raven some goon made? Trying to convince my friend who's obsessed with The Sims to give Rift a shot.

It was a pegasus.

Then a griffin.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Blast of Confetti posted:

I think Kerrzhe's Shrine of the Griffin is still open, go to the guild dimensions screen or something.
The pegasus was in a youtube of developers checking out dimensions on the PTS. Trion looks at the first dimension, says it's ok. Goes to the griffin and says Wow for 10 minutes.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
So how much loyalty do I get for buying Rift funbux? If I only need to spend five dollars to unlock the 1500 loyalty thing I'll do that, but if I need any more, would ponying up the extra :10bux: for one month's paid sub get me where I need to be? All I want to do is list things on the AH, drat it. Bag slots also wouldn't hurt and one month's sub wouldn't kill me, especially if this is one of those F2P models where some of the sub benefits remain after you lapse back to a free account.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Rocketpriest posted:

So how much loyalty do I get for buying Rift funbux? If I only need to spend five dollars to unlock the 1500 loyalty thing I'll do that, but if I need any more, would ponying up the extra :tenbux: for one month's paid sub get me where I need to be? All I want to do is list things on the AH, drat it. Bag slots also wouldn't hurt and one month's sub wouldn't kill me, especially if this is one of those F2P models where some of the sub benefits remain after you lapse back to a free account.

You get 2 loyalty for each credit purchased and 2 for each credit spent (so if you buy+use, you get 4 loyalty each)

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

E:fb - What Zelmel said

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/336317792

13 minutes in exactly.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

I just love their reaction. I don't think they expected anyone to make something that impressive so quickly.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Adding two extra bag slots literally makes me want to play this game again

It's kinda weird coming back after a few months but here I am! There are achievements to get and I guess I'd better be gottening them!

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
I have a long time friend from WoW that is playing Rift with me, but we're in a random leveling guild right now on Seastone. Is it possible for him to transfer with me and we both join Everything is Fine? I want to stay guilded with him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

necrotic posted:

I just love their reaction. I don't think they expected anyone to make something that impressive so quickly.

Yeah Kerrzhe is awesome, it's too bad she choked on that bagel bite :smith:

Oddity posted:

I have a long time friend from WoW that is playing Rift with me, but we're in a random leveling guild right now on Seastone. Is it possible for him to transfer with me and we both join Everything is Fine? I want to stay guilded with him.

Yes, Three Springs should be open to transfers, and we accept friends of goons so long as they are cool with goony behavior. Also, we are on a pve shard, not pvp like seastone.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Welcome to the kind of poo poo the pub guilds do in front of the TB port on our current backwater of three springs.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

deadtear posted:

Welcome to the kind of poo poo the pub guilds do in front of the TB port on our current backwater of three springs.

:monocle: That's just, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!

Role playing in MMOS .png

• Locked thread