Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Some clothes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

woot fatigue posted:

What wood/leather did you get? Your cushions look a lot better than mine. Mine are a bit overstuffed.
Regular walnut veneer and the Edelman "Dream Cow" leather in black (obviously) from Smart Furniture. Worth the upgrade in my mind. It's noticeably thicker and not as shiny as the standard leather, while not as grain-ey as the Spinneybeck options at DWR. Also not as freaking spendy as the Royal Hide. I just need a wire base table now.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Tomkat posted:

I have rarely ever played my DS and I intend to justify my purchase (only 7 years late). I've heard the Professor Layton series is excellent and it'd be nice to play something while I relax and lay down.

I love the Professor Layton series, all the games are great and I don't think you really need to play them in order, however, if you can get hold of it I'd say the first one (Curious Village) is the best.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Just scored 3 tickets to this:

QotSA are my little brother's absolute favourite band, and this year they're playing my city on his 25th birthday. Turns out that Mom's going to be visiting from overseas that week too, so all three of us are gonna rock out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tea Bone posted:

I love the Professor Layton series, all the games are great and I don't think you really need to play them in order, however, if you can get hold of it I'd say the first one (Curious Village) is the best.

Unwound Future has the most makes me cry ending though.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

Regular walnut veneer and the Edelman "Dream Cow" leather in black (obviously) from Smart Furniture. Worth the upgrade in my mind. It's noticeably thicker and not as shiny as the standard leather, while not as grain-ey as the Spinneybeck options at DWR. Also not as freaking spendy as the Royal Hide. I just need a wire base table now.

That's a nice combo. Walnut was my first choice if I hadn't gotten a deal on the oiled palisander. Can't go wrong with Dream Cow either.

How tall are you? The wire base table definitely works with the chair, but you might want to check out something a bit taller like the walnut stool, Nelson end table or Knoll Saarinen side table. Honestly, you might want to mix it up and pair it with something different than the normal options. There is no shortage of cool side tables (check out vintage/thrift stores).

I always thought it would be cool to do a big hunk of teak:

Or cork:

Or say gently caress it and go the Kartell route:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like bludots.

Or perhaps Iannone.

I've been meaning to make a furniture thread but I've been too lazy. While there's a furnishing/apartment thread it gets so little traffic.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Jun 19, 2013

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

skip. posted:

Yep.
I used to work for JB Hi-Fi, and at the very least I can say that even if they don't find who stole the camera, if you make a big enough fuss they'll give you a new one just to shut you up, so.

Yep, we've already made an awful lot of noise and gone to the state manager of JB, police, today tonight, a lawyer and the ACCC so should be sorted out soon :)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bang3r posted:

Yep, we've already made an awful lot of noise and gone to the state manager of JB, police, today tonight, a lawyer and the ACCC so should be sorted out soon :)

Good to hear!

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Cruise <3 Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes <3 Tom Cruise.
:yaycloud:

Tea Bone posted:

Holy crap Curious Village is going for 50 bucks on Amazon right now.

Pick posted:

Unwound Future has the most makes me cry ending though.

This game's gonna make me cry? Hell yeaaaa :dance:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Carbon Thief posted:

Just scored 3 tickets to this:

QotSA are my little brother's absolute favourite band, and this year they're playing my city on his 25th birthday. Turns out that Mom's going to be visiting from overseas that week too, so all three of us are gonna rock out.

Your mom is going to a QOTSA show? you have an awesome mom.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

woot fatigue posted:

That's a nice combo. Walnut was my first choice if I hadn't gotten a deal on the oiled palisander. Can't go wrong with Dream Cow either.

How tall are you? The wire base table definitely works with the chair, but you might want to check out something a bit taller like the walnut stool, Nelson end table or Knoll Saarinen side table. Honestly, you might want to mix it up and pair it with something different than the normal options. There is no shortage of cool side tables (check out vintage/thrift stores).

I always thought it would be cool to do a big hunk of teak:

Or cork:

Or say gently caress it and go the Kartell route:

Thanks for the tip. I'm rather tall, and just looking for something to put a drink/snack/ashtray on while I lounge. I'll check out the usual vintage places in town this weekend to see if anything jumps out at me. I might steal your "big chunk of timber" idea if I can find something that would work. I'll pass on the gnometable, however.

The palisander is real slick, but I couldn't talk myself into upselling myself on the finish and the the leather, so I just went with walnut. My buddy is huge into design and Eames crap in particular, so he nearly made me promise not to get anything that wasn't walnut or palisander and black as the "classic" choice.

I figured for what this loving thing costs, coupled with the fact that I'll be having it forever, justified a few extra bucks for the different leather. The leather upgrade was also 15% off too (what a bargain, right?).

In my continuing quest to slowly de-ikea my life, I also picked up some Tolix bar stools for my kitchen a few weeks back:

I've a few "homages" here and there, and the bit of extra workmanship in the manufacturing they put into the real deal is pretty impressive (assuming you are the kind of geek who finds spot welding on the thing you sit on while eating Corn Flakes to be impressive). I managed to luck out as was Sundance not only offering a pretty significant discount if you bought two or more, but I found out that they have a store just two miles or so from my office, so popped over on my lunch break and saved a bundle on shipping.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
My very first:

Which also included this:

I work for a building supply company whose owner is also a real estate/land developer. The boss made me a hell of a deal, couldn't pass it up.
Brand new. Very small town, only 4 miles from work, not in a subdivision, no HOA, and best of all; 100/40 fiber internet from a local provider :D

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Your mom is going to a QOTSA show? you have an awesome mom.

She's pretty cool for 54. :3: She's a big NIN fan and liked Marilyn Manson before I did as a teenager. I think she was the first of the three of us to listen to QOTSA in the first place.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Carbon Thief posted:

She's pretty cool for 54. :3: She's a big NIN fan and liked Marilyn Manson before I did as a teenager. I think she was the first of the three of us to listen to QOTSA in the first place.

My Mom got me hooked on Hootie as a kid. The Dolphins still make me cry.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

stevewm posted:

My very first:

Which also included this:

I work for a building supply company whose owner is also a real estate/land developer. The boss made me a hell of a deal, couldn't pass it up.
Brand new. Very small town, only 4 miles from work, not in a subdivision, no HOA, and best of all; 100/40 fiber internet from a local provider :D

That looks like a great pad in some great land. Congrats.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

A holiday. Flying from Oslo to Trondheim, take a boat down to Bergen, take a another boat up to Flm, take a train to Myrdal and then another train all the way back to Oslo.

Visit and see a bunch of stuff on the way. Will take about a week.

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

Something for a new hobby.

Something for an old hobby.

And who can't get enough storage when its on sale on Amazon?

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Tauschemo posted:

Burglary?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought amateur dentistry.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tauschemo posted:

Make sure you know the law in your region. In many places having them at home would be alright, but you could face charges if you got caught with them outside even if there is 0 reason to believe you were on your way to a burglary.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfigZMdwuQ

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

cptInsane0 posted:

Tauschemo posted:

Burglary?

Buggery?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

At first glance - "look how much I'm saving by doing my on dental work!"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

At first glance - "look how much I'm saving by doing my on dental work!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sstCC7T0Do4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tauschemo posted:

Abortions aren't a hobby.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Maybe after the third or fourth.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jerry Cotton posted:

Abortions aren't a hobby.

A passion.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
An iPhone 5 16GB (ok, I didn't buy that one, but my work did for all 20 employees - got them handed out with the words "do what you want with it!").

I guess there's no need for pictures, as everybody knows how an iPhone looks?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I hate you now more than I did before.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a macro lens for my iPhone.

It will come in handy for eBay and craigslist. And maybe identifying some ancient roman coins

It came with a wide angle and fisheye lens but I won't use them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

:buddy:

squarerandom has a new favorite as of 08:22 on Jun 21, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tauschemo posted:

Wassup burglar buddy :ninja::respek::ninja:

You should get this too, it's quite helpful to start (or you can make one yourself with a metal saw, but these allow you to change the pins easily)

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Jun 21, 2013

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three nights in Harrison Hot Springs, BC

Other direction

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Wassup burglar buddy :ninja::respek::ninja:

You should get this too, it's quite helpful to start (or you can make one yourself with a metal saw, but these allow you to change the pins easily)

Where would you get that?

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:
Just ordered a pair of these

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SEKCobra posted:

Where would you get that?

Where you get the picks.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

leidend posted:

Three nights in Harrison Hot Springs, BC

Other direction

Oh that's spooky, I also just booked a vacation there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Four floor tickets to Explosions in the Sky opening for Nine Inch Nails in November here in Seattle. Woooo.

• Locked thread