Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joe Rogan being Joe Rogan during a staredown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
He's like a voyeur for stare downs

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Shoobis posted:

He's like a voyeur for stare downs

Has anyone asked him about this? It's like he legitimately believes he can glean information about who's going to win from the look on the fighter's face but it has to be at that very moment.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Umbra Dubium posted:

Has anyone asked him about this? It's like he legitimately believes he can glean information about who's going to win from the look on the fighter's face but it has to be at that very moment.

I think he does it because he genuinely gets excited for fights. However he has been getting increasing more and more ridiculous with it, so I think he knows people are talking about it. Either way I love it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

BlindSite posted:

God drat, exactly how much horse steroid was he injecting back then

I believe he was ridden to the ring by a jockey.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Saw this in the PYF Gifs thread:

"Gives no fucks" personified.

Has anyone ever bit there tongue off doing this kind of thing?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Pneub posted:

I seriously doubt it because nobody does that kind of thing except apparently one guy (whose subsequent history proved him to be a stupid douche) way back in a Japanese proto-MMA slapfighting organization.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Well, he wasn't taunting an opponent, but this is the closest that I've seen to it happening.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Pneub posted:

I did when I was a kid. I was running around with my tongue out of my mouth and fell. Chomped my tongue half off. true story.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

colonel_korn posted:

Well, he wasn't taunting an opponent, but this is the closest that I've seen to it happening.

Looks like a Miller Brother. Is it?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bucket Joneses posted:

Looks like a Miller Brother. Is it?

Jim, getting Diaz'd.

Here's Michael Page doing A Punch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

LobsterMobster posted:

Jim, getting Diaz'd.

Here's Michael Page doing A Punch

Super slow-mo if you need to verify the punch

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Curtis Stout putting the murder on Sol Gilbert from way back in Cage Rage 10

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 24, 2013

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Hands down, chin up. That'll do pig.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Bushmeister posted:

Chris Stout putting the murder on Sol Gilbert from way back in Cage Rage 10

This is one of the best MMA gifs besides where the guy is running away and gets head kicked. Thanks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

gimpsuitjones posted:

There is a guy who thinks Cyborg is hot here, so I had to make sure

You rang?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Meowbot posted:

This is one of the best MMA gifs besides where the guy is running away and gets head kicked. Thanks.
Headkicks are good.

But sometimes a punch will do just as well.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Grifter posted:

I love the way Overeem looks like he's trying to sneak away like Snidely Whiplash or something.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Dr. Miracle posted:

I love the way Overeem looks like he's trying to sneak away like Snidely Whiplash or something.

Someone needs to track Benny Hill music to it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sorry, Tom Lawlor, but I think David "Caveman" Rickels just won walkouts forever.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aurain posted:

Joe Rogan being Joe Rogan during a staredown

I was about to inquire about Joe Rogan's weird lazy eyelids, but he's probably just blazed out of his gourd or something huh?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

I was about to inquire about Joe Rogan's weird lazy eyelids, but he's probably just blazed out of his gourd or something huh?

Yea, Joe just smokes a ton of weed.

Grifter posted:

Headkicks are good.

Was there some tactic they were going for or was it the last few seconds of the round and they were trying to survive?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The tactic known as Hurt & Scared.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Trying to create space between them and the other guy to reset the position of the fight but they turned their backs and got plastered

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Was there some tactic they were going for or was it the last few seconds of the round and they were trying to survive?
There are skillful and smart ways of backing away from people.

But as soon as you turn your back on your opponent you're just running for it, or trotting for it in Alistair's case.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I don't have the means to make gifs of a decent size or quality, but the world desperately needs one of this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjO-6n7jRo&t=33s

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I don't have the means to make gifs of a decent size or quality, but the world desperately needs one of this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjO-6n7jRo&t=33s

This work, or you want/need something else?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster you're my favorite :swoon:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A few from the UFC on FX 8 prelims

Martins KO on Larsen

Yamasaki maybe kicking Larsen's head?

Lineker's body shot KO

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Couple more UFX on FX 8

Hollett kills dicks

Maldonado kills guts

Yuri Alcantara kills Some Santos Guy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nearly done with the FX gifs (Dang, there were a lot of rad finishes tonight)

Trinaldo doesn't give a gently caress about how you're "suppossed" to finish an arm triangle.

Natal and Zefferino just goofin' around. Couple of knuckleheads.

Souza gonna gator chomp your neck

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I want a gif of Mark Hunt nearly being destroyed by JDS but just popping back up like nothing happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

I want a gif of Mark Hunt nearly being destroyed by JDS but just popping back up like nothing happened.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I realize that he's Mark Hunt and all, but Jesus Christ. I feel like that would put most people in a coma.

No such thing as an unbreakable chin.

Stephen Thompson is good at kicking.

Nothing says submission like Iron Mike.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Overeem must be so glad that he had to pull out of that fight. That overhand right would have knocked out a dozen Reems.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Preserving these here from the regular UFC thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

also

• Locked thread