Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Wyld Karde posted:

Today's the day for CK2 in the Steam Paradox Weekend thing. 75% off everything except The Old Gods so if you've been waiting, now's the time to buy.

:suicide: I bought it yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Haha, they put EU3 Complete instead of Chronicles on the big sale page.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Anyone know how to unfuck the Venice start in CK2+ 867? The pagan situation is just too busted for me to deal with and I feel like I'm doing chores making sure they actually form kingdoms instead of collapsing every generation.

EDIT: I think I get it; it might be because there are no vassal patricians under Orso Participazio. Probably an error in the history files.

Reposting, as I'm sure some of you guys are way better at this modding thing that I am. The characters are there in the history files; I just don't know how to place them into Venice as Patricians.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was easier than it looked! The special titles file didn't have the family palaces assigned so technically the Patricians were unlanded and Venice was considered a non-maritime republic!

Fixing it is easy. Just go into CK2+'s mod folder -> commons -> landed_titles -> special_titles, and then add this block of text right after b_ziani's entry:

quote:

b_candiano = {
culture = italian
religion = catholic
}

b_orsoleo = {
culture = italian
religion = catholic
}

b_participazio = {
culture = italian
religion = catholic
}

b_tribuno = {
culture = italian
religion = catholic
}

b_tradonico = {
culture = italian
religion = catholic
}

Boom, you are now in the money, the moon hits your eye, like-a big a-pizza pie, etc.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 21, 2013

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Top Hats Monthly posted:

:suicide: I bought it yesterday

Why didn't you follow my posts you fool?

*evil cackle* Thanks goons for the heads up on the potential sale. Purchasing now. Also, quick question, should I buy the collection or will I be happy with just the base game for now?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Why didn't you follow my posts you fool?

*evil cackle* Thanks goons for the heads up on the potential sale. Purchasing now. Also, quick question, should I buy the collection or will I be happy with just the base game for now?

May as well get the collection!

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Hell yeah, I've been thinking about getting this game for a while and the whole collection for :20bux: is just too good to pass up. Gotta love Steam

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Cool, picked up the Norse portraits and units for less than a $1.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Any opinions on the face DLCs? I've heard word that the Mediterranean faces are horrible but the Norse and Russian faces are alright.

vvv: Cool, thanks guys.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 21, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

toasterwarrior posted:

Any opinions on the face DLCs? I've heard word that the Mediterranean faces are horrible but the Norse and Russian faces are alright.
African is pretty good, Norse is okay, Mediterranean is terrible, Russian is pretty bad but some people like it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Strudel Man posted:

African is pretty good, Norse is okay, Mediterranean is terrible, Russian is pretty bad but some people like it.

Agreed; also, the Mongol faces are good.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

I just got all the music DLC for 3bux, can someone remind me what the hack to make all the music play as anyone is?

VV Thank you kindly!

brocretin fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 21, 2013

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So I've been trying to strongly reduce those random siege events because they are awful as hell. In my custom mod I've increased their mean time to happen a hundredfold and made the effects far more severe. That's all, I left the structure of the code intact. But it doesn't work. I know how to do the basic modding and my other small modifications work just fine except this one. Anyone got a quick guesstimate or even experience on what it could be.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

elf help book posted:

Haha, they put EU3 Complete instead of Chronicles on the big sale page.

Cue weeks of new players posting "Hey guys, I bought EU3 off steam, why do my screenshots look different from yours?" :downs:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Namarrgon posted:

So I've been trying to strongly reduce those random siege events because they are awful as hell. In my custom mod I've increased their mean time to happen a hundredfold and made the effects far more severe. That's all, I left the structure of the code intact. But it doesn't work. I know how to do the basic modding and my other small modifications work just fine except this one. Anyone got a quick guesstimate or even experience on what it could be.
Which events do you mean?

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
loving steam putting poo poo on sale right when I'm considering buying it. They did this to me last week with Kerbal Space Program and I caved then too

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

You know, stuff like Outbreak of Disease and Raiders Hit the Siege Camp popping up and pausing the game. Really annoying when you're raiding since it'll happen all the time.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Meliv posted:

loving steam putting poo poo on sale right when I'm considering buying it. They did this to me last week with Kerbal Space Program and I caved then too

You think that's a coincidence? :tinfoil:
Same thing just happend to me with CK2, though, so don't feel too bad.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

toasterwarrior posted:

You know, stuff like Outbreak of Disease and Raiders Hit the Siege Camp popping up and pausing the game. Really annoying when you're raiding since it'll happen all the time.
Ah. Those are 'pulse' events - they're timed similarly to the events that give out traits in childhood, where it picks from a list of events for which you're eligible every whatever span of time. You can adjust the weighting in common/on_actions/00_on_actions.txt, under on_siege_pulse. The simplest way would be to alter the weighting for 'no event,' which by default is 200000. Doubling it should basically halve the chance of getting a siege event, increasing it by a factor of ten would drop the chance by ten, and so forth.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah I meant the random 'food smuggled in', 'defenders sallied forth from the gate' and all that nonsense. Found out they all have a mean time to happen of 1 month with a bunch of modifiers depending on your ruler's traits and attributes. Explains why they happen so goddamn often.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Namarrgon posted:

Yeah I meant the random 'food smuggled in', 'defenders sallied forth from the gate' and all that nonsense. Found out they all have a mean time to happen of 1 month with a bunch of modifiers depending on your ruler's traits and attributes. Explains why they happen so goddamn often.
Nah, MTTH for pulse events doesn't mean the same thing as it does for regular events. You shouldn't mess with the MTTH for those; they're supposed to be governed by the on_action weighting and the modifiers.

Modifiers for pulse events also function backwards from normal - while modifiers greater than one make normal events less likely, slowing them down, for pulse events they increase the weighting, making the event more likely.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

any other paradox titles worth getting while the getting's good?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Every other game made by Paradox so far is awful and unplayable.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

rt4 posted:

Heretic!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I spent the money on HOI2, HOI3, and EU3 before a good friend convinced me to get CK2 and it was a total waste. CK2 really blew away my every expectation.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

EU3 is pretty awesome but yeah CK2 blows them all away by far.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

uh zip zoom posted:

any other paradox titles worth getting while the getting's good?
Victoria 2 is good now with the expansions.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

James The 1st posted:

Victoria 2 is good now with the expansions.

Vanilla V2 is horrendous. Get the New Nations mod though and it's becomes of my favorite gaming experiences.

Also Darkest Hour is great, especially with Kaiserreich, if you can get past the poo poo interface and learning curve.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Surely nothing will go wrong!

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

rt4 posted:

This is what has me wondering about whether or not I'm actually going to enjoy EU4...

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

A Tartan Tory posted:

Surely nothing will go wrong!

Welp, you've just invited more dread into your kingdom. :haw:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Leb posted:

This is what has me wondering about whether or not I'm actually going to enjoy EU4...

I know, I want to take my Byzantine Roman Empire across the world properly but if there are no longer really "people" to fight I am worried it'll just get dull. Going beyond that is impossible because I'd sooner put my gonads in a thresher than play the spreadsheet simulator that is Victoria.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Leb posted:

EU3 was pretty drat playable.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
CK2 has brought in a new group of "casual" players that don't know the meaning of complexity. :smuggo:

The next CK2 patch should bring back obtuse UI, VIIs resource system, and HoIs time system & research tree for ultimate incomprehensibility.

E: And supply lines.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 21, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Don't forget the weather system!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Rynoto posted:

CK2 has brought in a new group of "casual" players that don't know the meaning of complexity. :smuggo:

The next CK2 patch should bring back obtuse UI, VIIs resource system, and HoIs time system & research tree for ultimate incomprehensibility.

E: And supply lines.

I mean a game I don't have to construct my own spreadsheet to understand unit movements?

Non Sequitur
Apr 22, 2007
A queasy undergraduate scratching his pimples

uh zip zoom posted:

Can reformed paganism create holy orders? Also, how are holy wars declared? I just reformed/became Emperor of Scandinavia and I would like to know what to do with all of my new power.

Norse pagans (reformed or not) get a Holy Order, the Jomsvikings. The trigger is the year being past 920 and Stettin/Szczechn being controlled by Norse, though the activation event has a MTTH around 50 years so you need to wait a while. The other pagans don't.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

brocretin posted:

I just got all the music DLC for 3bux, can someone remind me what the hack to make all the music play as anyone is?

I'm trying to figure this out too. I'm sure there is a way.

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

Well this is awkward. A great holy war for Hungary was called by the Slavic high priest; naturally I accept the call and start gathering my armies. Not a month later the Pope calls a holy war for Hungary too, which I think is the first time I've seen two separate faiths holy war for the same kingdom.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

brocretin posted:

Open CK2/dlc/dlcxx.zip with winRAR or similiar (no need to unpack). Move to music\xx_music_pack.txt and open the file and delete the lines: (Russian Music Pack as example)

code:
song = {
	name = "alexandernevskyridestobattle.ogg"

chance = {
		factor = 2 <- Delete this line
		modifier = {
			factor = 0 <- Change this to 1
Delete this ->		NOT = {	culture_group = east_slavic }
			NOT = {	culture = bulgarian }
			NOT = {	culture = alan }  <- To here
		}		
	}
}
This is the only way I know of

E: Cleaned it up and fixed the code :v:
v: And I've been doing it the hard way. Wonderful. Thanks for this.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rynoto posted:

Open CK2/dlc/dlcxx.zip with winRAR or similiar (no need to unpack). Move to music\xx_music_pack.txt and open the file and delete the modifier lines: (Russian Music Pack as example)

This is the only way I know of

You can just write a small mod that does the exact same thing. Basically you just override those music pack.txt files in it. Here's the one I wrote:

http://www.dragoninstall.com/junk/AllMusic-v2.7z

• Locked thread