Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Koala posted:

I was getting pretty close to abandoning ship for a while to wait for it to get good again. Glad I stuck around for sure, also is Breaker on break this week?

Just wanna say the OP is pretty much 100% wrong in that the Breaker is a hell of a lot better/more interesting/better drawn than Vertias which had a terminally unlikable cast of characters and giant floppy-titty female fighters. I was disappointed Vertias got canned and had a bad ending (since IMO it was just starting to get decent) but even discounting the piles of new forgettable characters in New Waves, Breaker/Breaker:NW are infinitely more readable*.

*the attack/technique names and ridiculous multi-page ki-related explanations non-withstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
All the girls in Breaker have huge tits too. I thought Veritas was more enjoyable because Gangryong was a huge dick and Gu Honse was a bro. I'm enjoying New Waves a lot more recently but Shiwoon is like the epitome of a shounen hero.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think the difference between 'floppy tit fighters' vs 'huge tits' is that in Veritas the breasts were focused on way too much during fights. Every fight you'd get multiple panels of 'woah breasts'. The Breaker doesn't seem to have as much of an issue.

I like both of them though - Gangryong was a cool protagonist, but his attitude was a little grating at times. Shi(w)oon in comparison is a more basic character, but less grating due to the reader being used to it.

Oh, both are also good because :black101:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Shioon is a basic shounen trope but I like the fact that they are treating it with a healthy respect of how scary that actually would be to most people to fight. Especially recently, he can't be intimidated by trained soldiers, attack choppers, secret moves that could tear off his arm and it is blowing people's minds. He's a shounen hero in a world where they treat it like the insanity it really is.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Tiramisu posted:

All the girls in Breaker have huge tits too.
outside of Nine Arts' sorta-dead GF none of the main female cast are packing the DDD+ tits literally 99% of Veritas' female cast did. Everyone is downright modest in comparison.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On the other hand, most of the strong characters in Veritas were women. Aside from the massive stonking tits, there was excellent gender equality.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Okasvi posted:

Has anyone else been reading Kubera? It's been getting pretty interesting recently, with almost every big player in the story on a seeming collision course and almost every recent chapter ending in some kind of cliffhanger. The conclusion of this arc is probably going to shake up the plot big time.

I'm a fan, been reading it for a while now. And yes, I really can't wait for this arc's conclusion. I want to seeeee haha.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'm a fan, been reading it for a while now. And yes, I really can't wait for this arc's conclusion. I want to seeeee haha.

I really want to see Leez's reaction when she finally figures out that Yuta is a superior sura. And this arc is going to be a big enough clusterfuck that I can't really see an outcome where that doesn't happen, since the status quo is bound to get wrecked somehow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Okasvi posted:

I really want to see Leez's reaction when she finally figures out that Yuta is a superior sura. And this arc is going to be a big enough clusterfuck that I can't really see an outcome where that doesn't happen, since the status quo is bound to get wrecked somehow.

The sura thing is nothing. Yuta's brother was the one who wiped out her home town.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

The sura thing is nothing. Yuta's brother was the one who wiped out her home town.

That too, but I kind of included it in the whole Yuta situation by default. Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
God Of High School 111

Still utterly clueless on what is actually going on in this manhwa

Outback Snakehole
Nov 10, 2012
I've decided that God of Highschool was never actually supposed to make sense, and that the author just wanted a place to publicize his crazy, over the top kung fu fantasies.

And I really don't mind that at all.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Casual Annie posted:

I've decided that God of Highschool was never actually supposed to make sense, and that the author just wanted a place to publicize his crazy, over the top kung fu fantasies.

And I really don't mind that at all.

Honestly, this makes the BEST sort of story, I think...

(At least for random entertainment.)

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Breaker: New Waves 119 Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm I don't know if this is good or not.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Bernardo Orel posted:

The Breaker: New Waves 119 Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm I don't know if this is good or not.

I like that Shiwoon is turning into an Outside Context Problem for these people.

The most dangerous thing about him is that they CANNOT get inside his head.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

From the beginning that's sort of been Shiwoon's 'thing'. Besides his natural talent, he's always been crazy as all hell. In the Breaker he goes up against Hyuk and manages to scare him purely from the refusal to stay down. This became a repeating theme, and even now it's the same theme - he does things anyone with half a brain would consider stupid and insane, and that means they get caught off guard.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 7, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Here's another totally rad full-color Chinese martial arts manhua I found: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Lawless/0

It has a dude turning another dude into a low-yield tactical nuclear device using martial arts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I could sort of follow god of high school for a while, but now some woman wearing traditional korean clothes who has never been mentioned before came out of nowhere and started granting wishes?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Well, they HAVE been saying the winner gets a wish since the beginning... It's still out of nowhere though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

gently caress all that noise, next few chapters will apparently be about Jin Tae Jin's past.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Serious Frolicking posted:

I could sort of follow god of high school for a while, but now some woman wearing traditional korean clothes who has never been mentioned before came out of nowhere and started granting wishes?

She was mentioned ~10 chapters earlier when Greed guy asked how they granted wishes.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
For some reason I thought God fighting the Monkey King would be a nice end to the series. Instead they were literally just sent on a DBZ macguffin fetch quest. Also, how is his grandpa just chilling missing most of his arm like that.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Breaker: New Waves - Chapter 120
Victory or Death

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why the hell couldn't TBNW have consisted of this sort of thing from the start?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I'm...

I'm pretty sure TBNW is now the thing I look forward to reading the most every week. Considering the first 100 or so chapters, I never thought I'd see the day.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shioon has mindblowingly lovely luck. He only gets mooks and mid-tier fighters when he can't fight, and when he can fight he gets grand-masters that are capable of handling his DBZ power-level.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I'm half-expecting Shiwoon to rip off his arm and beat gramps over the head with it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm sort of hoping he doesn't end up going into the Black Heaven Whateveritscalled again. As much as that might mean he'd be capable of maybe winning, I'd rather see him lose and have the Elders rescue him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh, there is no way in hell that he is going to win this fight. No super mode is going to change this fact. Rather, he is going to continue to lose in his usual deranged way.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm sort of hoping he doesn't end up going into the Black Heaven Whateveritscalled again. As much as that might mean he'd be capable of maybe winning, I'd rather see him lose and have the Elders rescue him.
He has to eventually because he's basically the one who's supposed to perfect the technique by not losing your mind. I don't think it's going to be this fight though. He might bust out the move that was used on him last time and almost killed him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Algid posted:

He has to eventually because he's basically the one who's supposed to perfect the technique by not losing your mind. I don't think it's going to be this fight though. He might bust out the move that was used on him last time and almost killed him.

Oh, I know he'll do it eventually, but I really just don't want it to happen in this fight. Having it happen within what, 10 chapters of the last time he (maybe?) tapped into it would be super boring.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

You mean :black101:VICTORY OR DEATH!:black101:

So awesome.:allears:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cynic Jester posted:

I'm...

I'm pretty sure TBNW is now the thing I look forward to reading the most every week. Considering the first 100 or so chapters, I never thought I'd see the day.

I understand this fully, by the way. Every week for the past 6-7 I've gone back and read 5+ chapters back after finishing the latest one, just to take it all in together. It's amazing how into this manhwa I am.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Cynic Jester posted:

I'm...

Cynic Jester posted:

Rip and tear, Shioon. Rip and tear.

Shioon, you're supposed to be ripping and tearing other people. Not clawing your own flesh off bare handed.:ohdear:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Noooooooo, I just finished reading the latest chapter of Kubera. I need more :negative:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Noooooooo, I just finished reading the latest chapter of Kubera. I need more :negative:

Pretty much how I feel. Yet I sorta dread what is to come. All those small glimpses of the future suggest everything will go to poo poo.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 15, 2013

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Chapter 121 of The Breaker: New Waves

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

:black101: Shion....

But then, that's been the last few chapters in a nutshell. So drat awesome after so long. I think i can even forgive the oh so long, so slow, lead up to this. As it's just made it all so much better.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Past Jin Tae Jin is basically Big Boss in God Of High School 113.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I love the Sunwoo clan and the elder. Ever since chapter 55 or so when he saved Shioon and we saw his flashback. The two pages with, "block the helicopter! Uh we can't sir. Why not? There is more than one helicopter." And then the spread with all the helicopters. This comic has been kickin' rad lately.