Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
If you like kicking the poo poo out of really bad pvpers, this cluster is amazing. I'm level 53 (Hitpeople) in this screenshot. (this is also for mandolins since it's way easier to tell someone to go to the thread than it is to copy out links from in game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
So, even if this is just conjecture... it is certainly fun to look over and start thinking about what is in store. Some are saying the new soul abilities have leaked, as they are on magelo.

Mages - Arbiter
Clerics - Crusader
Warrior - Liberator
Rogues - Physician

:coal:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lsp posted:

So, even if this is just conjecture... it is certainly fun to look over and start thinking about what is in store. Some are saying the new soul abilities have leaked, as they are on magelo.

Mages - Arbiter
Clerics - Crusader
Warrior - Liberator
Rogues - Physician

Huh, Mages would be using Deflect like Rogues, eh?

Edit: Man, if Crusader is really getting an AoE cleanse and Purifier doesn't get one then I don't even know, man. :(

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 23, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

quote:

Summons a pet from the Plane of Air. The pet intercepts 20% of the damage and 10% of the healing done to the Mage. While the pet is active, enables Deflect and derives Deflect from the Mage's Intelligence. Deflect is derived from the Mage's Intelligence. Increases Endurance, Armor and Resistances by 35%. Increases threat generation by 200%. Reduces damage and healing of non-Arbiter abilities by 30%.

Niiiice

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Guild invites caught up to here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So Mages are getting a tank soul maybe possibly?

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Looking for an invite for Aevaia.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Ciaphas posted:

Mage tank, rogue/warrior healer, and cleric support have been confirmed. It's yet to be seen if the info at magelo is legitimate though.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, plan seems to be warrior/rogue healing souls, cleric buffing soul (will likely either fall into the same niche as bm or archon, or will pair up with bm to cover virtually all of the buffs in the same way bard+archon does now) and a mage tanking soul.

Also, surprise of surprises, the rogue listed abilities are single target (plus sometimes the rogue as well). It certainly seems interesting, and I know I'd be willing to give it a shot when it eventually drop (because why the gently caress not really). Hybrid specs seem like they might be interesting with tact or bard and a new healing soul as well.

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!
Could I get an invitation as Vinigre?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Okay, now I've made someone who needs an invite: Tervika the cleric. Sorry if the old version got invited; I made a mage then realized I could transfer my mage.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Gonna try out tanking, in as ihatemyself.

a glorious hole fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 23, 2013

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Zoness posted:

It's probably because trion neglects the poo poo out of clerics and won't be making a major change to cleric until 2.4

Jesus christ I'm agreeing with Zoness

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Okay it may not be shouty but please god let this be legit. :allears:

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Started replaying again with FTP as I'm playing Defiance anyway. The random bags from PVP warfronts seem to give crazily good gear compared to doing the PVE quests.

Kalarifika for ginvite please.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

It's probably because trion neglects the poo poo out of clerics and won't be making a major change to cleric until 2.4

Well I just got a cleric to 60 after not having played much since before SL was a thing. I still like the class enough to play it, but I'm cognisant that warriors/rogues generally make better tanks/DPS while mages DPS/heal better. Or at least that's how it was back during HK/ID anyway and I can't imagine things have changed that much. The mantra was 1-2 clerics maximum in a 20 man back then, if I recall correctly.

Good for generally mucking about though and I do still like the class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

DancingShade posted:

Well I just got a cleric to 60 after not having played much since before SL was a thing. I still like the class enough to play it, but I'm cognisant that warriors/rogues generally make better tanks/DPS while mages DPS/heal better. Or at least that's how it was back during HK/ID anyway and I can't imagine things have changed that much. The mantra was 1-2 clerics maximum in a 20 man back then, if I recall correctly.

That's crazy, right now we want 2 clerics minimum for a 10-man, and one of our tanks is a cleric to make 3. They are the only real burst aoe healing class, which is needed for some fights. Clerics tank just fine, and their dps is acceptable. The issue with their DPS is that I think there's really only one spec to run and it's kinda boring. Clerics need a tryhard dps spec that can put up numbers near the top of the charts and they are fine. They also need a solo'ing spec that is more interesting to play.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eltoasto posted:

Clerics need a tryhard dps spec that can put up numbers near the top of the charts and they are fine.

I thought that's what Shaman was.

(Also Cabfiler is fun and interesting. :colbert:)

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Jokes on you. 2.4 IS 3.0. (insert retarded ff13 to ff15 graphic here)

DancingShade posted:

Realistically it depends. We've had a few pubbie cleric inquisitor DPS that worked really well and were putting up 14k on the first two fights of EE, which you're realistically not going to complain about. Additionally defiler is a necessity to raids, with a good one putting out decent DPS and HPS and keeping your tank(s) up. Also there are fights where warden just works a lot better than chloro if you're trying to do it with only a defiler as extra heals, like the last fight of TDQ, and puri is a great gently caress you to the rest of the raids HPS against most raid bosses.

Kyrosiris posted:

I thought that's what Shaman was.

(Also Cabfiler is fun and interesting. :colbert:)

Every time I've brought shaman up, I've been bitched at that it's only good in 1 fight on the tier 1 raids. hosed if I know why when rogue and warrior melee is good on every fight in FT and at least the first 2 in EE and TDQ, but then again I wasn't a huge fan of playing clerics when I was raiding HK with it in the alt raids (but it was so easy to level as).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bombogenesis posted:

Okay it may not be shouty but please god let this be legit. :allears:

I'm a touch disappointed since I was hoping for some kind of melee healing dude, but it looks like you're just a regular ol' healer. :I

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I imagine that even if these are what they have come up with at the moment there will be a lot of fine tuning both in numbers and making them interesting. Just think of how much things can change just during the beta periods of WoW expansions.

Also it does look quite shieldy/damage+effect like healing.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 23, 2013

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Eltoasto posted:

I really enjoyed nightblade/riftstalker, This build here, but I think it doesn't get effective until the 40's or 50.

Ranger wouldn't be a bad spec to get familiar with. Currently it is the top ranged dps for rogues at level 60, and when leveling you get a tanking pet, and it's ranged damage can be good for pvp and IA's.

This is the sort of thing I am looking for really. From my very limited experience the I am really digging the night blade line but having the marksman bow to pull with. Basically lighting up the mobs with arrows let them get close hit the macro with fiery spike, primal spike and then a finisher pretty much drops everything down really quick and seems to be a blast. I can't figure out if I like the range more or not. I guess I have a lot of time to figure out what I like to play with just wanted to get some tips from people who actually know what they are doing here.

EDIT: Since I am enjoying this game a good bit I wouldn't mind dropping some cash into the market. What is the best bang for my buck here? Really would like to see some more bag slots at least for now.

Teaches of Peaches fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 23, 2013

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
You can't go wrong with the Storm Legion souls; Tactian's 4pt buff is amazing for leveling.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Magus42 posted:

You can't go wrong with the Storm Legion souls; Tactian's 4pt buff is amazing for leveling.

Do I purchase this in game? I am browsing the website and all I see is the patron status.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Teaches of Peaches posted:

Do I purchase this in game? I am browsing the website and all I see is the patron status.

Yes, they're something like 3500 credits, I believe.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Teaches of Peaches posted:

There's no web interface for the rift store.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Could I get an invite as Subwave? Really liking this so far!

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
I would like a invite as well the name is Gocl. Thanks in advance.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

lsp posted:

Mages - Arbiter
Clerics - Crusader
Warrior - Liberator
Rogues - Physician

So mages summon a shield pet and clerics look like archons. Looks like mages, if this is accurate, will probably want to go into Elementalist and Harbinger for off souls.

Dick Something
Aug 3, 2006
Hi friends. If I make a Defiant character and my friend makes a Guardian character, when can we start punching monsters together?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dick Something posted:

Hi friends. If I make a Defiant character and my friend makes a Guardian character, when can we start punching monsters together?

Quests out in the world are still faction-based, but you can always do dungeons or IAs together which are faster anyway. Or if it's the races that you want, buy a faction transfer.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
woo graphical glitching with bonus Zoopy voiceover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduR4GQSOh8

Doctor Jokie
Mar 28, 2003

The guy can't even spell poker.
Looking for ginvite as Jokie. Thanks!

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
The new souls already got taken down off Magelo. That was pretty fast, didn't get a chance to look.

Is there any general recommended path to go with your Planar Attunement? I've kind of been driving up the death tree to get the Vampiric buff to feed my Warrior AOEing.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any way to get the authenticator to work on BlueStacks as well as my phone? I don't like having to unlock the phone, load up the app, and punch in the numbers each time I log out because I generally exit Rift if I'm going to be gone longer than ~5 minutes. I think I have to log in 5 or 10 times a day. :v: Apparently BlueStacks and my phone are synced and I was able to send the app to BlueStacks from my phone, but it's opening like a fresh install and only lets me click on setup.

Chicory
Nov 11, 2004

Behold the cuteness.
Anyway I can get an invite? In as Bromea.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Been meaning to get back into the game now that is is f2p, have a question about the defiler. From what I saw on the official forum it seemed like it was a dps to heal like the choloromamcer (which I enjoyed a bunch when I played). Do they play like them or is their healing more like the other cleric souls?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
So, I'm a Saboteur (blowing stuff up, yay!) and am looking at macros to make things a little easier on me. Now with the soul point that allows me to detonate charges with Fragmentation bomb, (Combined Arms) I've been using a combo on groups of two or three (if I can't single one out) of the following - Spike Charge x5, Fragmentation Bomb, Annihilation Bomb, Splinter Bomb, which usually takes care of that. Now, is there a way to make a macro of the Frag/Anni/Splinter combo? If so, how do I do that? I tried it as below, but that didn't work - it only casts Frag.

code:
#show Fragmentation Bomb
suppressmacrofailures
cast Fragmentation Bomb
cast Annihilation Bomb
cast Splinter Bomb

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Press the macro again.

You can't use more than one ability per GCD unless the abilities you're using are off the GCD, and all your bombs are on-GCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Been meaning to get back into the game now that is is f2p, have a question about the defiler. From what I saw on the official forum it seemed like it was a dps to heal like the choloromamcer (which I enjoyed a bunch when I played). Do they play like them or is their healing more like the other cleric souls?

Defiler is pretty weird. You apply links to folks which mean you take a chunk of their damage, and you have one awesome heal on a 1 minute cd, and a few ok heals. The only link between damage and healing is that when they damage, defilers have a chance of putting a 8S stacking buff on their link target, and when the buff runs out (or the defiler casts certain heals) they get a big chunk of healing. They don't have a straight dps => heals thing like old -icars or chloro.

Short version, they are necessary for some fights because of their links, they do great damage, but you won't be able to solo heal unless you're good and geared. Their healing is pretty unique.

• Locked thread