Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DecentHairJelly posted:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Oh, I'm in. Dual wielding high damage torgue shotguns is like the whole point of gunzerking.

Also, I'm curious about the new class mods. They have "true neutral" in the pics, but I wonder if we'll get other D&D based versions. You know like lawful, chaotic, good, evil, etc.
They've already confirmed more types of class mods than true neutral. For some reason they haven't been found in the update yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Is there a quick way to get new characters through first and TVHM playthroughs?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
powerlevel to 61 in the bar room, then burn through everything, taking nothing but story missions. or bring a level 61 friend with you to kill everything.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I spent all day farming a fire Sand Hawk and it still isn't a flying prefix but hey at least I can do things now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0unZwAfK0

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

delpheye posted:

powerlevel to 61 in the bar room, then burn through everything, taking nothing but story missions. or bring a level 61 friend with you to kill everything.

Right now I have my Siren at 50 (that's the highest level of legendary gear I have) from going through the bar fight with my high level Mechro.

I would actually advise against this strat unless you have another lower level character because there's some story missions that require you to either light varkids on fire or cripple robots and I just end up murdering them with my level 50 character on the first playthrough. Besides that I guess there's no other way to quickly skip to the final boss?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

lazerwolf posted:

Right now I have my Siren at 50 (that's the highest level of legendary gear I have) from going through the bar fight with my high level Mechro.

I would actually advise against this strat unless you have another lower level character because there's some story missions that require you to either light varkids on fire or cripple robots and I just end up murdering them with my level 50 character on the first playthrough. Besides that I guess there's no other way to quickly skip to the final boss?

seriously? light the varkinds on fire by dragging them towards one of those exploding fire plants and shoot it.

the crippling robots will eventually time out and the door will open on its own.

no, there is no way to skip through the game. unless you have a game shark of course. then the code you want is:

0E3C7DF2 1853E59E
EEA7C0AE BCE1ACAA

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
You can also burn the varkids by luring a bunch of them over to one of those big towers and pushing the button on it. It'll shoot fire everywhere in the vicinity.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

You can also burn the varkids by luring a bunch of them over to one of those big towers and pushing the button on it. It'll shoot fire everywhere in the vicinity.

this too, though somehow when I do that it doesn't always burn all of them. for whatever reason getting them all aggro'd in my face and running to a firemelon has been the most reliable way.

ALSO, every time you start that mission, if you look at the snowman's head next to the vending machines, you will find a Flynt's Tinderbox that's leveled appropriately. this can also be used to set things on fire without killing them.

I've played this game way too much.

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

Thanks for all of the responses to my totally naive questions regarding this excellent game.

Having little in the way of expectations for it other than being an aesthetically unique FPS/RPG-lite with a strong online community, I am seriously impressed so far.

I was just wondering if there are any common recommendations for gunzerkers in terms of what to put your skills and badass rank points towards initially (or not)? If the answer is that anything goes and nothing is wasted, then that's awesome too. I'm only hoping to avoid spending skills or points on totally useless bonuses etc., if those even exist. Thanks again, tried searching for a FAQ or wiki but didn't find anything comparable to that for Dark Souls or the like.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

TheMammoth posted:

Thanks for all of the responses to my totally naive questions regarding this excellent game.

Having little in the way of expectations for it other than being an aesthetically unique FPS/RPG-lite with a strong online community, I am seriously impressed so far.

I was just wondering if there are any common recommendations for gunzerkers in terms of what to put your skills and badass rank points towards initially (or not)? If the answer is that anything goes and nothing is wasted, then that's awesome too. I'm only hoping to avoid spending skills or points on totally useless bonuses etc., if those even exist. Thanks again, tried searching for a FAQ or wiki but didn't find anything comparable to that for Dark Souls or the like.

You can respec your skills at the character customisation station in the main city for like a couple thousand as many times as you like so feel free to just try anything out.

Badass points are unlimited, are persistent across all your characters and the bonus gets less the more times you select the same bonus so just spread them around. Gun damage, reload speed, accuracy and recoil reduction are probably the main ones for a gunzerker I'd say though.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 19, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I would avoid putting badass points into Shield Recharge Delay since it messes with some builds (roid shields!).

----
Does anyone on the ps3 have a lv. 61 grounded Blackhole shield? I've been farming it for the past week and the best one I've gotten was the one I picked up when the level cap patch was released. Got plenty of peals/legendaries/uniques to trade if anyone needs them.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

TheMammoth posted:

You can always reset your skill points at a character customization station. There's one in Sanctuary.

I am currently running with a Rampage gunzerker, but I spent most of the first playthrough with most of my points in Brawn. Do what you think is fun, and worry about optimizing later.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For the Varkids, I just put on a low-level flame nova shield and ran around until they broke it.

Also, I'm sorta lost on when you're supposed to cripple robots. I don't remember any quest like that.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

For the Varkids, I just put on a low-level flame nova shield and ran around until they broke it.

Also, I'm sorta lost on when you're supposed to cripple robots. I don't remember any quest like that.

Part of the main quest where you have to save Bloodwing. It's to open the enterance to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.

vv Posted at the exact same time :cheeky:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 20, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Entering the wildlife preserve.

EDIT: Beaten like Piston

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oooh. I suppose it's cause I've never done Wildlife by myself from the beginning. Just joined people already doing the missions. Also I've only gotten to the Wildlife with two characters so there's that too I guess.

velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

Hey, I just got around to getting the Psycho Pack and was wondering if anybody might want to run around on XBL tonight. I'm on as BloatedOsprey.

PS: If you're feeling magnanimous I'll totally hang around like a buzzard if you're in to that whole power-leveling thing. Just sayin'.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Has Krieg's backstory video been posted here before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTqwu2d490

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Geokinesis posted:

Has Krieg's backstory video been posted here before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTqwu2d490

Yes it has, but that's okay because it rules and is worth posting infinite times.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Finally got an Infinity, but it's non-elemental, and kind of disappointing. Now all I need is to dupe my DPUH and get a few more items and my Gunzerker will be finished.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

there are starving children in africa that don't have electricity, let alone infinities.

if there's a particular infinity you're just dying to swoon over, I can probably dupe it for you if you're on 360. personally, I only use them when I know I'm going to run out of ammo(or already have). they don't do very good damage at 61 in UVHM.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012

delpheye posted:

there are starving children in africa that don't have electricity, let alone infinities.

if there's a particular infinity you're just dying to swoon over, I can probably dupe it for you if you're on 360. personally, I only use them when I know I'm going to run out of ammo(or already have). they don't do very good damage at 61 in UVHM.

Lol, sadly (I guess) I'm on PS3, and I agree that it's not very damaging. The Infinity was just one of those items that I had been after for a long time and when I finally got one it sorta bummed me out. Thanks for the offer though delpheye!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anyone on 360 willing to dupe a level 61 Bee for me? I just do not have the patience for farming.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

smashpro1 posted:

Anyone on 360 willing to dupe a level 61 Bee for me? I just do not have the patience for farming.

Got two I can dump on you, sir. Should already be on your list.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Disposable Face posted:

Lol, sadly (I guess) I'm on PS3, and I agree that it's not very damaging. The Infinity was just one of those items that I had been after for a long time and when I finally got one it sorta bummed me out. Thanks for the offer though delpheye!

It could've been worse... I was doing some early grinding on my Gunzerker when I first started him, and I got a level 8 Infinity. ugh. It still made the rounds between my early characters though since hey, Infinity, right? :negative:

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
I'm at the stage now in this game where I'm focusing on a few things, thankfully. The only other items I need are an Evolution, and to get a duplicate of the Unkempt Harold that I picked up.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

if you have a guest account you can dupe stuff(360).

evolution is overrated(not really, it's just my personal opinion).

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Evolution owns sorry about your poor taste in shields.

Although soon everyone's going to have an Antagonist so whatevs.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kifisonfire posted:

Evolution owns sorry about your poor taste in shields.

Although soon everyone's going to have an Antagonist so whatevs.

Dunno man, my lvl61 Hoplite shield with 500,000HP begs to differ when the lvl61 Evolution only saves me from 150,000. I am stoked as poo poo to run into the new weapons, though. Even more excited for double-drunk gunzerking.

Have some SHiFT CODE (5 keys!)

PS3:
53CTJ-9FHKJ-5CC5J-9BC3B-6RSJ3

XBOX360:
WTCJJ-CFRHC-3T9BR-5FJBJ-SJJKX

:ssh: Good until Jun 25th

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Really liking this game. It's taking me back to PSO Dreamcast. I'm at LVL 43 and I have a shitload of LVL 50 guns that I feel like I'll never get to use. Leveling up is taking forever since I hit 40.

They dropped the ball by not identifying the DLC pack that you do not have to join someone's public game. Unless I am missing it somewhere??

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
Picked up several legendary class mods (Psycho, Gunzerker and Mechromancer) recently that I'm happy to swap for other fun stuff (a Norfleet would be amazing but probably optimistic). Really want to do some co-op stuff too, as I've never had the chance.

360 GT: Tony Val

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone have a legendary siren and gunzerker mod at lv 50 they'd be willing to dupe? Me and my friend are at 43 in our co op game and will probably hit 50 in the next week so having those would be sweet. A few decent legendary guns (like the Maggie) around that level would be nice too but that's just me being greedy. I'm on 360 and my GT is Pictorial Gnome. Any rare psycho heads and a legendary mod for him would be cool too if possible.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

gunzerker lv 50

Add KinkyMonkey577

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Piston blimp fight just chugged my system so bad it froze. :suicide:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there anyone on the PS3 version who could dupe me a Legendary Hunter Mod with a level requirement of 37 or lower? I mainly need it for the Deception Health Regen to help me survive in TVHM.

My PSN ID is BlorgAlmighty.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Literally spent 17 golden keys in a row and didn't get an assault rifle once.

Is there a trick to getting gun classes?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you cross your fingers, wear a couple shrunken heads, perform an ancient satanic semicircle ritual, summon the god of loot drops, and hop on one foot while patting your head and rubbing your belly, there is a very slim chance that you will get what you are hoping for.

So basically, no, there's no trick.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

GodspeedSphere posted:

Add KinkyMonkey577

Thanks for that stuff man. Sorry about the awkwardness, I couldn't find my mic. Also all my characters had too much good poo poo on them.

If anyone has a Siren legendary mod at lvl 50 that'd be great, a gunzerker or Psycho one and any of his weirder heads would be good too. GT is Pictorial Gnome.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 23, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

thebardyspoon posted:

Thanks for that stuff man. Sorry about the awkwardness, I couldn't find my mic. Also all my characters had too much good poo poo on them.

If anyone has a Siren legendary mod at lvl 50 that'd be great, a gunzerker or Psycho one and any of his weirder heads would be good too. GT is Pictorial Gnome.

I've got a 49 Legendary Siren I'm happy to dupe for you.

Also, count me in as someone who'd love to have any of the heads/costumes for Krieg.

GT: Flexible Ethics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

10 Beers posted:

I've got a 49 Legendary Siren I'm happy to dupe for you.

Also, count me in as someone who'd love to have any of the heads/costumes for Krieg.

GT: Flexible Ethics

Added, I'm UK so I'm probably on at different times to you but just invite me if you see me on. 49 is fine, means my friend will be able to equip it quicker.

• Locked thread