Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Bash Ironfist posted:

In my apt building, the owner only allows new renters to have a single dog that has to be 25lbs or less, no pits or pit mixes. I think he made the newest renters pay a 1000 dollar pet security too. For their 20lb frenchie.

Is he afraid its farts will forever destroy the apartment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I'd say it's a reasonable concern.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The only reason he started allowing dogs at all is because of the crash. If the demand had stayed high for apts here, he wouldn't have let them in. One apt went unrented for like 4'months until he gave in. It's the only reason my mom was able to get a dog, and she's lived in the building for 25 years. Dude is kind of a dick.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Is this an actual deposit deposit that you can get back if there is no damage or one of those bullshit non-refundable "deposit" things?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Is this an actual deposit deposit that you can get back if there is no damage or one of those bullshit non-refundable "deposit" things?

I believe you get it back when you move out. Unless he blames some scratches or poo poo on your dog and takes the cleaning/repair cost out of it.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I paid 20 percent above the normal deposit + an extra $300 per dog to rent this (lovely, small, college kid-level) house. The 300 per dog is non-refundable and if you have pets, they'll find every reason in the world to not give back the normal deposit either because landlords. This neighborhood sucks and my neighbors are weirdo goony hoarders and they suck and my landlord is a bitch and only grudgingly started renting to pet owners (because this house sat empty otherwise) and does things like walk around our yard and leave us passive aggressive notes if she finds half a turd not picked up somewhere. We are buying a house in a year or two and I can not wait because *gently caress* renting.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ugh that blows Super. Micromanaging landlords are the worst to rent from. I had one in the past that would send emails over a weed growing in a gravel driveway.

I pseudo-lucked out this time and ended up with the polar opposite. They don't do jack poo poo beyond cashing the check. That means maintenance issues take forever to resolve but it also means that I can do pretty much whatever the gently caress I want with the place. I'm putting in a veggie garden ! :dance: Sadie watched me through the window today as I cleaned up the area. Once she got over the initial shock that I was outside I swear she piled on the lazy to make me jealous.

Sadie was an extra $100 fee for this place. I feel really lovely for those that have dogs though because many apartment complexes and private landlords in the area have huge breed lists that they ban. I mean what is the average Boxer going to do... injure you with excited wiggles?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Rodent Mortician posted:

There's a shelter here that does this - basically their adoption vs. kill rate determines how much funding the county gives them. So rescues can take all the giant black labs, black cats, etc, and all the cute adoptable things have to be approved first. They're usually pretty good about approving things to rescue, but especially cute and adoptable things are kept at the shelter to boost their adoption rate.

This I would understand, save for the huge panicked email about a huge desperate need for foster homes for, and I quote, any and all kittens. The last time the shelter did this, our rescue was the only one to respond. So now everyone is a bit pissed, because after a lot of work, all the kittens requested (and some cats) were kept at the shelter instead, which means in a few days there'll be more dropoffs that will be put down, that would have had a kennel to stay in, if the loving shelter hadn't changed their minds when the reps were loving in LINE to pick up the felines.

"Yes yes I know we sent a huge email about there being no limits on any animals you could take BUT now we want to keep every single kitten. Sorry you drove so far, ta!"

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.
When moving in document (photos) everything and even provide a list of issues you notice to the landlord. When moving out take photos. Seriously digital cameras are great.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Riiseli posted:

When moving in document (photos) everything and even provide a list of issues you notice to the landlord. When moving out take photos. Seriously digital cameras are great.

The landlords around my undergrad were notorious for stealing deposits. If you cleaned and documented everything, then you would get charged with a few hundred dollars in "painting fees" (they didn't paint), $80 for dust on the windowsills and once they tried to charge me for a broken chair they claimed was missing (we put it in the basement because it was broken). If you called and complained, you could sometimes get some back, but most people didn't bother.

When we moved to Mass., we cleaned our apartment when we moved out according to our habits from undergrad, so it was pretty much spotless. The woman who came to check and assess how much deposit we would get back was amazed, said we were awesome, and that the college kids around here usually leave the place trashed, heh.

Our current landlords are great. We said we have a dog, they said, "cool, so did the last guy" and that was it. No asking what breed or how big, no extra money. Private landlords that live in other states are the best.

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011

Kiri koli posted:

The woman who came to check and assess how much deposit we would get back was amazed, said we were awesome, and that the college kids around here usually leave the place trashed, heh.
I didn't get any feedback, but I was (and have always been) returned the full deposit, when I moved from my latest apartment. I'd lived there for roughly 6,5yrs with two to three dogs at a time and had raised four litters there during that time span. I did replace the bathroom sink by myself along the way after my mom had dropped a perfume bottle from the cabinet that chipped a piece of the sink. It would've cost me about 100 euros had I not replaced it. Now it cost me 2 euros for a used sink, and about 10 euros for the plumbing (the old had rusted so badly I couldn't recycle it for the replacement sink. I was able to do the work myself as it was a very basic wall mounted sink with a wall mounted faucet. I also fixed a small hole in the wall courtesy of TyTy. Fortunately that was the only mark she left of herself in the apartment during the year she lived there.

Naturally evidence can't guarantee you anything, but at least nowadays one usually has the option of obtaining it quite easily.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm renting through a rental company. It was $800 for all 4 dogs and it's refundable. We'll be doing things like panting and sanding rough edges. When we got the place, blinds were broken and there was a lot of grime. We documented it all. I fully intend to leave this place move-in ready, because I own a house that I rent out and I know what a bitch it is to get a management company to do everything right again. It's been a great little house, the guy's been nice enough to let us rent it. Why shouldn't we take care of it at the end (and get our $2000 worth of deposit back)? Seeing what this place sold for, our rent is very likely his mortgage on it or very near it.

Looking around from where I'm sitting, we'll need to do a little touchup paint on the walls where it's chipped here and there (oddly enough, most of it is above head height), clean out the fireplace, paint the scuffs on the baseboards and replace a piece of trim around a door where it was scratched by the movers. Then you know, scrub the place down and clean the carpets, but I don't figure that's too bad. In our contract it says we have to hire an exterminator too, but they're pretty cheap around here so no big deal. We'll move the dogs out to a kennel/hotel room after the movers grab our stuff and we'll go nuts on it.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm renting through a rental company. It was $800 for all 4 dogs and it's refundable. We'll be doing things like panting and sanding rough edges. When we got the place, blinds were broken and there was a lot of grime. We documented it all. I fully intend to leave this place move-in ready, because I own a house that I rent out and I know what a bitch it is to get a management company to do everything right again. It's been a great little house, the guy's been nice enough to let us rent it. Why shouldn't we take care of it at the end (and get our $2000 worth of deposit back)? Seeing what this place sold for, our rent is very likely his mortgage on it or very near it.

Looking around from where I'm sitting, we'll need to do a little touchup paint on the walls where it's chipped here and there (oddly enough, most of it is above head height), clean out the fireplace, paint the scuffs on the baseboards and replace a piece of trim around a door where it was scratched by the movers. Then you know, scrub the place down and clean the carpets, but I don't figure that's too bad. In our contract it says we have to hire an exterminator too, but they're pretty cheap around here so no big deal.

As much as I bitch about renting, I do realize what even the cleanest, most well behaved pets do to a house. When I move out, I always have the carpets professionally cleaned, and try to sand down/touch up any doors that have scratches on them. I don't usually paint (except to cover up any obvious scratches) and if the place was freshly painted when I moved in, I wouldn't begrudge a landlord the cost of repainting when I move out. Griff hosed up a bedroom door and scratched a bunch of paint off of it/chewed the corner of it. I sanded the scratched and repainted and I'm pretty sure you can't tell, but if they somehow could, I wouldn't argue the cost of fixing anything they saw wrong with it. I think that's probably the most damage I've ever had a pet do to a place I was renting.

What gets me is when they've already got a massive pet deposit, specifically for damage caused by pets, and they act like it doesn't exist and just start deducting anything they want to do from the "real" refundable deposit. I always document everything when I move in, and it seems like every single time I move out I have to whip out photos and written statements from the move-in to get them to back up off my deposit. It's frustrating when you've spent money to have a place cleaned and repaired and they just come in and grunt and start listing reasons not to give back the deposit.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

As much as I bitch about renting, I do realize what even the cleanest, most well behaved pets do to a house. When I move out, I always have the carpets professionally cleaned, and try to sand down/touch up any doors that have scratches on them. I don't usually paint (except to cover up any obvious scratches) and if the place was freshly painted when I moved in, I wouldn't begrudge a landlord the cost of repainting when I move out. Griff hosed up a bedroom door and scratched a bunch of paint off of it/chewed the corner of it. I sanded the scratched and repainted and I'm pretty sure you can't tell, but if they somehow could, I wouldn't argue the cost of fixing anything they saw wrong with it. I think that's probably the most damage I've ever had a pet do to a place I was renting.

What gets me is when they've already got a massive pet deposit, specifically for damage caused by pets, and they act like it doesn't exist and just start deducting anything they want to do from the "real" refundable deposit. I always document everything when I move in, and it seems like every single time I move out I have to whip out photos and written statements from the move-in to get them to back up off my deposit. It's frustrating when you've spent money to have a place cleaned and repaired and they just come in and grunt and start listing reasons not to give back the deposit.

Which is why I'm thankful I live not only in a military town, but in a town where it's common for a house like ours to have 40+ illegal immigrants living in it secretly and the places are trashed all the time. The guy came and did an inspection (which I'm still baffled about : we pay our rent on time, the yard is spotless, what are you doing dude?) and said it was the cleanest, most well kept house he'd seen in months. I hadn't even scrubbed the microwave out. Maybe the grading curve will work in my favor. I kinda felt sorry for the dude.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

I lucked out like crazy with the house I'm renting. It was a random Craigslist ad for a reasonably priced house with 5 acres of land. My landlord lives on another 5 acres behind the house I'm in. The ad said pets allowed and when I said I had a dog the landlord wistfully asked "do you think your dog would play with my dog? He's lonely."

Turns out the landlord has a working border collie whose job is to keep deer and groundhogs off the property but is neurotic and won't get into a car. The poor dog had no dog friends until we moved in with another herding dog. Now both dogs are besties and I don't even know how we lucked out this much.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

When my husband and I first moved in together, we hired a real estate agent to find us an apartment. She eventually found us a place, but she was infuriating - she kept taking us to visit places that were clearly listed as no pets, and at one point she asked us if we would consider declawing Charlie to make it easier to find an apartment. As if that weren't galling enough, there was some implication that she thought we should get rid of him because he was old anyway. It was...displeasing.

Charlie caused significantly less damage to the property than our teenager :p

Edit: So as not to double post, I found an Etsy shop that makes really cute realistic plush rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. called Fuzzgiggles.

I especially love the little beaver:

RazorBunny fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 23, 2013

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011

Superconsndar posted:

As much as I bitch about renting, I do realize what even the cleanest, most well behaved pets do to a house. When I move out, I always have the carpets professionally cleaned, and try to sand down/touch up any doors that have scratches on them. I don't usually paint (except to cover up any obvious scratches) and if the place was freshly painted when I moved in, I wouldn't begrudge a landlord the cost of repainting when I move out.
Boy am I glad we don't get carpets. It's either vinyl or laminate in most rentals and the occasional tile or hardwood, when renting from private landlords. When I was little our house had carpets in the bedrooms, but those were replaced with hardwood around 1990 I think. My place of 6,5yrs probably needed a paint job, but that wasn't on me as normal wear and tear are covered by the rent, not by the deposit. The doors didn't have any scratches either, which now that I think of it was since I don't have any persistent scratchers. Naru will scratch the front door, when she really needs to get out, but I'd say that was probably thrice a year. And I do wake up, so it wasn't more than a couple of scratches at a time.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Carpets in every room of the house except kitchen (even the bathroom) = gross and pretty much normal. I have to vacuum every day, sometimes twice a day if the dogs are rowdy. We've been in this house like six years now though and the only damage is slightly to the carpet and back of front room door where Jess used to scratch at it.

It amuses me when people come round and freak out at Dogs Doing Things, like shouting at each other and wrassling. My friend is all :ohdear: about it.

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Fraction posted:

It amuses me when people come round and freak out at Dogs Doing Things, like shouting at each other and wrassling. My friend is all :ohdear: about it.
One of the most common remarks people make about my dogs is "Are you sure they're playing." Yes. I'm sure.

Also I couldn't imagine living anywhere with carpets, especially with the dogs but probably not even without them. I want to be able to wash my floors whenever I feel like it (which should be more often, but that's not the point ok!)

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rixatrix posted:

One of the most common remarks people make about my dogs is "Are you sure they're playing." Yes. I'm sure.

Also I couldn't imagine living anywhere with carpets, especially with the dogs but probably not even without them. I want to be able to wash my floors whenever I feel like it (which should be more often, but that's not the point ok!)

Seven dogs. White carpeting. :suicide:

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
My kitchen has carpeting :negative:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Fraction posted:

Carpets in every room of the house except kitchen (even the bathroom) = gross and pretty much normal. I have to vacuum every day, sometimes twice a day if the dogs are rowdy. We've been in this house like six years now though and the only damage is slightly to the carpet and back of front room door where Jess used to scratch at it.

Ugh carpet in a bathroom :barf:
I saw that in one house we looked at while searching to buy our home. It baffles me why anyone would do that. :psyduck:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Rixatrix posted:

Murphy and Browning love to play bitey-face, and my sister is still a little nervous about it since Murphy has never really played like that with other dogs. It does look pretty ferocious, but they're having a good time and nobody gets hurt :)

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Ugh, I hate carpet and the first thing I'm going to do when I buy a house is rip up every inch of it (because haha finding a house without carpet in at least the bedrooms is impossible) and replace it all with tile. I have NO idea why landlords carpet everything, it's gross and absolute hell to keep clean with 3 dogs. I feel like I spend roughly 1/3 of my life vacuuming, spot cleaning, and dealing with fffffucking carpets.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

Ugh, I hate carpet and the first thing I'm going to do when I buy a house is rip up every inch of it (because haha finding a house without carpet in at least the bedrooms is impossible) and replace it all with tile. I have NO idea why landlords carpet everything, it's gross and absolute hell to keep clean with 3 dogs. I feel like I spend roughly 1/3 of my life vacuuming, spot cleaning, and dealing with fffffucking carpets.

Move to NC. I have a house to sell you with all wood floors, even in the bedrooms. The only place it's not wood floors is where it's linolieum or concrete.

I have carpet on my stairs. My tiny, thin, narrow stairs. It's really, really terrible to clean.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Carpet is cheap, that's why. It's cheaper to either have it steam cleaned when someone moves out. Or just have it replaced after 10 years or so when it's gotten too gross/worn to be worth cleaning. We had to pay(in installments) to have our carpet removed and have faux wood put down, with tile in the bathrooms.

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

I have super nice landlords who didn't ask or care what breed of dogs I have, didn't charge any extra pet fees and the house is terrazzo in every room. They even think Angus' jumping and trying to break people's face with his head out of love behavior is cute.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bash Ironfist posted:

Carpet is cheap, that's why. It's cheaper to either have it steam cleaned when someone moves out. Or just have it replaced after 10 years or so when it's gotten too gross/worn to be worth cleaning. We had to pay(in installments) to have our carpet removed and have faux wood put down, with tile in the bathrooms.

Not only this but it is very, very fast to replace. You can have most places completely recarpeted in a matter of hours (with a day notice) while redoing laminate or hardwood can take days of work by people who have to be scheduled a month in advance. That is pretty important when you have to have a place ready for move in within a few days.

Some landlords or property management companies are deliberately obtuse when it comes to the whole idea of "reasonable wear and tear" or expected service life. I've had good luck really, but I've had to ask "when was it last replaced?" in a pointed manner multiple times. Charging even a cleaning fee for ten year old carpet (when any landlord knows you are lucky to get five to seven out of the poo poo-cheap stuff they put down) isn't something I'm going to let fly and I tell them that. I'm debating trying to mail a letter to the previous occupant of my place to let them know that if they were charged a cleaning fee that it didn't actually happen. I'm not sure I want to stir that particular pot though.

And some are just penny-pinching assholes who I swear would bill for property taxes too (in addition to rent) if they could get away with it.

Turns out my neighbor owns a dog boarding place, which is incredibly highly rated. I think she's relieved that I find the occasional barking and such when i'm out in the yard amusing instead of infuriating.

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Not only this but it is very, very fast to replace. You can have most places completely recarpeted in a matter of hours (with a day notice) while redoing laminate or hardwood can take days of work by people who have to be scheduled a month in advance. That is pretty important when you have to have a place ready for move in within a few days.
I'd assume the conversion from carpet can be a hassle, but I've been a part of a couple of vinyl to laminate conversions and two reasonably handy novices can get some 700 sq. feet done in a day at least if the floor plan isn't completely ridiculous. A couple of not so handy novices may be a little bit slower. And vinyl is a valid option for carpet and is easy to clean and probably as easy to replace. Of course it costs more (here it is more expensive than cheap laminates), but lasts noticeably longer than carpet, if ten years is pushing it.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
We have poo brown cheap carpet and it's a nightmare to keep from getting stinky with 3 dogs. Thankfully poo brown doesn't show many stains and a $50 air filter helps with the smell.

Still planning on getting them cleaned with a carpet cleaner since I have easy access to one.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fraction posted:

One of my most :3: moments at the dog park is when the owners of this pup:

first brought her in and she was playing with Tater, all wrasslin'. Her folks went to apologize and put a stop to it when I told them it's okay, Tater loves it and it's what dogs do. They acquiesced but still looked pretty worried.

Eight months later and Sophie is half the size of Tater but she still kicks his rear end every time.

Then she humps his face.

Another dog park success story :allears:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Off white carpet everywhere. When it was just my dog it wasn't that big of a deal, but there are people who own 3 dogs next door and I have no idea how they do it. They also recently implemented a breed restriction, which includes: GSDs, Rottweilers, akita, chows, "pit bulls" (included is Staffies, APBTs, Ambullies, etc), shar-pei, Rhodesian Ridgebacks and weirdly enough St. Bernards and Great Danes (even though there's no weight restriction). Thankfully there's only one deposit and that covers cats and dogs for the length of your stay. You can keep any caged animal, birds, or house rabbits without a fee.

The place I'm looking at moving to has a restriction I've never seen before, which is only 2 of any kind of animal at one time. So you could have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 six foot pythons and 2 ferrets but not ever 3 dogs. Huh.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
My boyfriend and I have thought about renting out our house instead of selling when we will eventually have to move away for work. BF works in tv production, it's VERY hard to find a well-paying job in this city. When his contract is up, we are thinking of moving to Seattle or maybe Portland. We've never rented anything out before, so the thought is terrifying, but we know it would be a great investment instead of selling. I've thought of 'what if we allow pets', and I will admit that I would rather not. But if someone had a sob story of something like "he/she is my best friend, I could never give them away, I got them from a shelter", how could I say no to that?

Edit: The people who owned the house before us owned two boston terriers and a pug (:suicide:). So already there are scratch marks in the paint and other areas-laundry room, bedroom, and a lower cabinet (??) If we do rent, there would be no point in fixing those, especially if we allow pets.

A Sleepy Budgie fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 23, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

My boyfriend and I have thought about renting out our house instead of selling when we will eventually have to move away for work. BF works in tv production, it's VERY hard to find a well-paying job in this city. When his contract is up, we are thinking of moving to Seattle or maybe Portland. We've never rented anything out before, so the thought is terrifying, but we know it would be a great investment instead of selling. I've thought of 'what if we allow pets', and I will admit that I would rather not. But if someone had a sob story of something like "he/she is my best friend, I could never give them away, I got them from a shelter", how could I say no to that?

Edit: The people who owned the house before us owned two boston terriers and a pug (:suicide:). So already there are scratch marks in the paint and other areas-laundry room, bedroom, and a lower cabinet (??) If we do rent, there would be no point in fixing those, especially if we allow pets.

They're so cute when they're innocent. (sell the house, it's not a great investment more often than not)

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Eegah posted:

One of my most :3: moments at the dog park is when the owners of this pup:

first brought her in and she was playing with Tater, all wrasslin'. Her folks went to apologize and put a stop to it when I told them it's okay, Tater loves it and it's what dogs do. They acquiesced but still looked pretty worried.

Eight months later and Sophie is half the size of Tater but she still kicks his rear end every time.

Then she humps his face.

Another dog park success story :allears:

Omg :3: I love shaggy dogs. Do you know what type of dog that puppy is?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Greycious posted:

Ugh carpet in a bathroom :barf:
I saw that in one house we looked at while searching to buy our home. It baffles me why anyone would do that. :psyduck:

Yeah, I have no idea why it's like that. It's gross as gently caress. There's only so much we can do though since we're renting and all.

Carpets are horrible to keep clean with pets. Just nasty. I wish we had laminate or wood or just anything else. At least the carpet keeps in the heat slightly with our single glazed windows and no central heating! :v:

I really ought to rent a carpet cleaner and de-dog the carpet. I've scrubbed it many a times before now with commercial cleaning stuff but never noticed a difference.

Dark green carpet with white bodied dog/s = URGH. Even a single hair is noticeably visible immediately.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Shnooks posted:

You know, I'm not sure but I want to say a Havanese mix? She's an awesome, social little dog, one of those where I'm always like aww yiss when she shows up.

e:

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
Hey have an audio clip of Barky doing what I affectionately call The Dog Scream. This is what he sounds like when I make fart noises near his face and he makes like he's murdering me. His usual growl is normal, I have no idea what this growl is supposed to be.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Shnooks posted:

I hate to say it, but I'm almost certain that is a terri-poo. I've groomed several before and they all looked like that- and were all so adorable and nice little dogs...I hate to admit it.

I'd almost consider hunting down a second hand terri-poo to adopt some day if the whole designer dog fad is still going on in about 10-15 years when I actually want another dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Greycious posted:

I hate to say it, but I'm almost certain that is a terri-poo. I've groomed several before and they all looked like that- and were all so adorable and nice little dogs...I hate to admit it.

I'd almost consider hunting down a second hand terri-poo to adopt some day if the whole designer dog fad is still going on in about 10-15 years when I actually want another dog.

That's ok. It's totally shameful but I love me some doodles :smith: They're just so shaggy. The downside is that they're dumb as rocks and everyone gets them from puppy mills so they're all FUBAR :(

• Locked thread