Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

Yeah, I used to date a guy that was half Dutch. He found it hilarious for the entire time we were together.
My friends brother wanted to name his son Albi, and is planning on naming his daughter Queenie.

I kind of wish my name was Starlyn, I feel like I would have no choice but to dress like I was from the 80's Witt mad crimped hair, and maybe be the singer of a predominately keytar playing band.

Albi! Alllbi! Albi, the racist dragon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

I kind of wish my name was Starlyn, I feel like I would have no choice but to dress like I was from the 80's Witt mad crimped hair, and maybe be the singer of a predominately keytar playing band.

Man, I wish that was me. I should make lemons into lemonade and start shopping around for used keytars and singing lessons. Also crimp my hair into a nightmarish mane.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Harry Medina. You don't wanna wake up with a Harry Medina.

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Chief McHeath posted:

There's a member where I work named "Marjuana," with the "i" missing.

There's a gal I know named "Majuana". Always have to pause when saying her name.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There was a blues singer who died today named Bobby Bland.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Today, I checked out a couple of books for one Iona Pussey.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Cythereal posted:

Today, I checked out a couple of books for one Iona Pussey.

We gotta get her together with Dick Haver!!!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Yes, I did! Maybe we know one another. There can't be many Starlyns out there. All of the schools I attended were in San Pedro- Does that match up with your recollection?

No. I was in the OC through eighth grade, then moved out near Riverside. Oh well. :smith:

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Welp, this year at my 10 year high school reunion I'll get to meet a classmate's brand new baby, Emeryn Lierre.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I met a woman my age at a Czech beer hall named Kaeli (pronounced "kay-lee"). Her parents were pioneers.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Literally no less than a minute ago, I checked in a client named Dong Wang.
I'm sure his name is something generic, written like 王東 or something in Chinese, but still, must be a pretty embarrassing name to have in America. :(

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Sephiroth just got charged with kidnapping: story here.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Know a man named Luther Church. He's a Jr too.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Sephiroth just got charged with kidnapping: story here.

"Sephiroth was arraigned and committed to jail on $500 bail."

That seems awfully low for such a powerful video game super villain.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
In my area phone book: August Gesundheit.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Saw a new Courtney today: Cortnee. I bet she gets a lot misspelled mail. My last name is one letter off from a far more common one so I can't imagine having a common first name with a totally different spelling.

douche ex machina
Oct 31, 2008
My boyfriend's name is Benjamine. When I first met him in college, I told him that when they put the sign on his door in the freshman dorm with his name on it that it was spelled wrong. But apparently he is the third Benjamine in his family. He also has an aunt Buffy, but this was ages before the television show.

Ghost Party
Feb 9, 2013

douche ex machina posted:

My boyfriend's name is Benjamine. When I first met him in college, I told him that when they put the sign on his door in the freshman dorm with his name on it that it was spelled wrong. But apparently he is the third Benjamine in his family. He also has an aunt Buffy, but this was ages before the television show.

I think Buffy is an awesome name, mostly because of the T.V. show.

I was watching a show about about sex addicts, and one of the dude's names was Issax. Pronounced Issac.

This has probably come up before, but I have met two Precious' and a Cherish. I can't picture a 40 year old woman with those names.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ghost Party posted:

I think Buffy is an awesome name, mostly because of the T.V. show.

I was watching a show about about sex addicts, and one of the dude's names was Issax. Pronounced Issac.

This has probably come up before, but I have met two Precious' and a Cherish. I can't picture a 40 year old woman with those names.

My first RA in college was named Princess.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Ghost Party posted:

That's interesting, I can picture those perfectly for 40+ year olds, and teenagers, but no other age groups. Cherish at least gets Cher, which is a decent enough nickname. Poor Presh.

Doughboy
Jan 9, 2013
I'm a debt collector, and I've seen some weird names.... shortly after the first modern Transformers movie came out, I received an account to collect on.... Optimus Prime must've had a bad day. God S Gift was another fun one to talk to. Keep in mind these are medical bills, in a city with a decent sized homeless population

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

When I was 14 I thought it would be the height of genius to name my daughter "Saylor". Like sailor, but you know, Taylor. Just stick Ys in poo poo and it'll look all classy.

A presumable adult had that same basic thought process

Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!
Looks like:

Pyper
My lie

made of bees
May 21, 2013
There was a girl I knew in high school that went by Nikki, and I always assumed her legal name was Nichole or some variation thereof. Until one day I happened to be in the room when she bought her prom ticket, and had to tell the teacher selling the tickets her legal name, Eunique. Pronounced "unique".

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Please tell me this is real.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jippa posted:

Please tell me this is real.

So very real.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Bobbie Raspberry and Margaret Martini (sounds like she should be a sexy lady in a gin ad)

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

One of my friends keeps posting on the wall for someone whose first name is Felonéé. Hopefully it's just a tasteless joke?

Hydronium
Oct 23, 2008
Just met a guy named Justin. Middle name: Time.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Hydronium posted:

Just met a guy named Justin. Middle name: Time.

Oh, for god's sake.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
One of those anti-texting-while-driving ads running right now features some poor kid named Xzavier. It's very unfair.

I was in the hospital for emergency surgery a few days ago (my penis is too big and it got stuck in a lady) and one of my nurses was called Quanasia.

Perceptopolis
Dec 13, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My first RA in college was named Princess.

My great grandmother was named Princess!

I met my neighbor's kids at the pool the other day. They are Genesis and Slayer. :black101:

When I was student teaching, I had a kid who was Buckshot Forrest [lastname].

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

He also has an aunt Buffy, but this was ages before the television show.
I think it's one of the shitton of nicknames for Barbara.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

But ages before Family Affair?

Less morbidly (because if you read about the actress who played that Buffy, you'll need it), Wonderful Terrific Monds (III!), but the story behind his name is much closer to awesome than terrible.

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Richard Cockshot. Walking the line between terrible name and awesome name.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Friend/old boss of mine's sister in law's birth name is Dolphin Moon. DM had a baby last year and named her Polly Plankton.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

(my penis is too big and it got stuck in a lady)[/b].

:raise:

The "poo poo that didn't happen" thread is over there.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

KillHour posted:

:raise:

The "poo poo that didn't happen" thread is over there.

Whoooooosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
Uhhh my friend is threatening to name her unborn child Raydar. Not like in a joking way, she posted this on Facebook and went into a long defense of why this is a good name ("he can use Ray as a nickname!")

It sounds like half a giant robot name. RAYDAR STEELE.

I wouldn't believe her but I know kids named Anakin and Sephiroth and basically nerds are insufferable and capable of anything.