Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

Always nice to make someone's day.

Does Refurb sleep-meow?

Sweet dreams of camera lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

MikeJF posted:

Does Refurb sleep-meow?

Yep, though mostly just awake-meows

Also, as it gets warm Tycho is proving to be a non-Newtonian fluid that is only solid when in motion. When he stops moving....

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy

If I can ever achieve the level of contentment Refurb exhibits in this gif, for even a short time, I will consider my life a success. Goddamn. Also, dem toes!!!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Time to reclaim the dogbed in the name of canines everywhere :black101:

Tycho, you should know by now not to start poo poo unless you really mean to see it through.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

They took a nap together yesterday next to the A/C vent :3: Sadly, this was the only picture I got before Refurb woke up to the camera sound and started meowing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I am consistently amazed at any cat can have eyes that green. Just amazing.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
These guys are really patient when it comes to my bullshit.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My cat will sleep in my recently washed laundry so sometimes I put the empty bin on top of him in revenge, he acts much like Tycho does.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Golden-i posted:

These guys are really patient when it comes to my bullshit.

This made my day :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Love dem ears.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh, hey, the original Shelter video of Refurb is still up. Kosher for me to post the link, Golden?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

MikeJF posted:

Oh, hey, the original Shelter video of Refurb is still up. Kosher for me to post the link, Golden?

Is it? Go ahead, it's an awesome video. I think they deleted the original facebook post so I couldn't find the link.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Here it is. Little baby Refurb.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Ahahaha holy poo poo I forgot how freakin' cute that video was. You see why I had to go get her like an hour after I saw that video?

They gave us that toy you see her playing with in the video because she loved it so much. I'll see if I can dig it out from under whatever piece of furniture it's probably jammed under and make a new video of her.

Also, Tinkerbell is an awful name for a cat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tinkerbell

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:3:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Oh my god that video is way too cute. I totally get why you went and snatched her up. So adorable!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Humane Society Volunteer posted:

This was such a happy adoption and she has gone to a wonderful home where she will have a doggy brother to play with! She is a lucky little kitten.

Two weeks later, according to the date stamp on the file:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

I guess I won't throw that box out then...

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Golden-i posted:

Hail to thee, Refurbia...

Sometimes I think shelter animal names are purposefully devised to be as terrible as possible, but then I see goon puppy threads where the new owners ditch the awesome names they were given for something like Lady. :mad:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Anoia posted:

Hail to thee, Refurbia...

Sometimes I think shelter animal names are purposefully devised to be as terrible as possible, but then I see goon puppy threads where the new owners ditch the awesome names they were given for something like Lady. :mad:

I think you're right. Tycho's name at the shelter was "Guy." Lame dog name.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

Golden-i posted:

I just realized that Refurb has a big advantage over other cats in being catte: she has one less leg to worry about when cramming herself into boxes.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

farfegnugent posted:

I just realized that Refurb has a big advantage over other cats in being catte: she has one less leg to worry about when cramming herself into boxes.

She does have a couple disadvantages too, like being unable/unwilling to get into a box that is vertically oriented. She was checking it out all timidly when I first brought it upstairs so I knocked it over so she could get into it.

Also, she makes a hell of a lot of noise cramming herself into a box like that because she more or less orients herself sideways to the box and flops into it, then claws around trying to sit up. It's so pathetically adorable.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Golden-i posted:

She does have a couple disadvantages too, like being unable/unwilling to get into a box that is vertically oriented. She was checking it out all timidly when I first brought it upstairs so I knocked it over so she could get into it.

Also, she makes a hell of a lot of noise cramming herself into a box like that because she more or less orients herself sideways to the box and flops into it, then claws around trying to sit up. It's so pathetically adorable.

Now you're going to have to prove it with a video. :colbert:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Anoia posted:

Now you're going to have to prove it with a video. :colbert:

I'll see what I can do. In the meantime...

*boop*

"WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!?"

And just to show a little dignity:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I spent today tonging my cats after my car broke down and ruined all my other plans. I BLAME YOU for me doing this to them.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

AtomikKrab posted:

I spent today tonging my cats after my car broke down and ruined all my other plans. I BLAME YOU for me doing this to them.

And I BLAME YOU for not posting pictures :colbert:

Today we went on a several hour long hike through the woods nearby. Tycho was very happy with it, I think.

Since we got home, this is all he's done:

And final bonus picture of Refurb judging my wine tastes.

To be fair, it was awful wine.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Also, have a video of Refurb doing a whole bunch of adorable stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLN6XU_xtz4

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

This is gonna sound hosed up, but I love tripod animals. When my dog had puppies, one was deformed and had only 3 legs. It grew to be the fastest of his litter. We named him "Nubby".

It's just great to see how they work around things, you know.

Also Refurb is competing with Maru for my favorite cat right now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I left my cellphone charger in my car and ran out of batteries.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
You still contact the rescue you got this cute little bugger from? Show them these pics/videos? I bet they'd be thrilled!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Jenner posted:

You still contact the rescue you got this cute little bugger from? Show them these pics/videos? I bet they'd be thrilled!

I did send them some pictures a while back but never heard back :( oh well. I'll have to stop over there one of these days and let them know how she's doing.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Well I'll be damned, according to Refurb's microchip it's her birthday today. One year old today!

Welcome to the rest of your life :unsmigghh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I was gonna say give me refurb but no... give me dat fukken fish balloon.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

AtomikKrab posted:

I was gonna say give me refurb but no... give me dat fukken fish balloon.

High maintenance predatory pet, you wouldn't want it

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Golden-i posted:

So how often do you need to purchase a replacement tycho?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Golden-i posted:

The only thing that would make this .gif even better would be if the shark balloon slowly turned towards Tycho at the end.

God drat do I love watching you constantly harass your animals. You're doing the lord's work here.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god where did you get that fish balloon? I NEED IT FOR MY CATS :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Oh my god where did you get that fish balloon? I NEED IT FOR MY CATS :catdrugs:

Birthday gift. I think it was from ThinkGeek or something but I don't see them on their site anymore.

I've seen these things in videos before, but that did not prepare me for the sheer scale of the thing. From a volume standpoint, it's easily three times Tycho's size. Easily. I had to weigh it down to make it neutrally buoyant, too, so now it just sort of floats through my house with the air currents if I don't tie it down... On my way to bed last night this four foot long flying shark just comes idling down the hall towards me, like "Hey buddy, how ya doin?"

• Locked thread