Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
I'll make a new guy on three springs and see what its like before asking a gm.

Invite please

Shitty Treat fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
A word on Cleric specs: I'm not the expert, but clerics need to have 61 Inq for ranged DPS, and you're more useful if you have Purisent and 61 Warden, 61 Defiler is great too, but it benefits from knowing how to play it. Shaman is best DPS, but it isn't great for Galidra and sucks for Zaviel.
A spec with enough Cab to get aoe silence is great for dealing with trash.

Kreczor posted:

I'm down. Going to try and grab some more BiS or near BiS gear before the raid. I wonder if I can grind 80k torvan in 3 days?

Don't do it! The goon that sperges twice as much lasts half as long.
The glorified Torvan/Lycini stuff is not poo poo, plus it has End, which is quite handy.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
:siren: STAMPY PUT (OR LINK) THIS ON THE OP, THANKS :siren:

lsp posted:

Lots of questions regarding gearing up at 60 so I compiled a list of things to get. :words: incoming

Level 60 and want to be raid ready?
Get better gear and closer to that 400+ hit requirement by getting things crafted. It is fairly cheap for the mats, augment is likely the most expensive part. Much of the crafted gear is near BiScurrently and will last you quite some time. You want this stuff.

*Before equipping Necklaces, Capes and Belts, have someone with Glorified or Honored reputation with SL factions to rune your stuff*

:3: Mages -- BiS spreadsheet - Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+Crit Power), created by outfitters
Artificer:
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Treasure&Cunning or Brilliant Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Necklace + Augment&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Staff&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Wand&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Outfitter:
+Hit item Luminous Empyrean Cowl&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Luminous Empyrean Wrap& Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Intellectual Lucidity&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is marginally better.
Armorsmith:
Callous Rhenium Cape&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - While base item is wisdom heavy, the huge amount of crit power makes this the best crafted option

:v: Cleric
-- Healing/DPS BiS Healing/DPS Spreadsheet - Augments for DPS A)Stellar or Empyrean Enlightened Augment Wis+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Fanatical Augment (Wis+CP), made by Artificers, Augments for Healing: Stellar or Empyrean Blessed Augment (Wis), made by Apothecaries.
Artificer:
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Circle& Enlightened Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Choker& Enlightened Augment
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Enlightened or Fanatical Augment
Unclouded Foresight& Fanatical or Enlightened Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Maul& Fanatical or Blessed Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Coif& Fanatical, Enlightened or Blessed Augment
Callous Rhenium Cord&Fanatical or Enlightened Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape&Fanatical, Blessed, or Enlightened Augment

-- Tanking(Requires 400 Toughness and Hit): BiS Tank Spreadsheet - Augments to use for Tanking Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment, made by Apothecaries
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Truncheon& Rugged Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Reinforced Chrysoprase Circle& Rugged Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Coif& Rugged Augment
Reinforced Rhenium Cord& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

:smith: Rogue
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: DPS tends to favor Stellar or Empyrean Insidious Augments (AP+CritPower, Bard/Support favor Stellar or Empyrean Keen Augments (Dex+AP), made by Armorsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase Lariat& Insidious or Keen Augment
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase eye& Insidious or Keen Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Furious Truehide Hood& Insidious or Keen Augment
Furious Truehide Belt& Insidious or Keen Augment
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Insidious or Keen Augment
Weaponsmith:
Practiced Deception& Insidious or Keen Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Insidious or Keen Augment **While this is a warrior tank bow, the weapon dps is high and is valued more than dex and the like -- this can be used until you acquire Pachis' Guided marker from experts)

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Averting Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase Lariat& Rugged or Averting Augment
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase eye& Rugged or Averting Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Fortified Truehide Hood& Rugged or Averting Augment
Fortified Truehide Belt& Rugged or Averting Augment
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Averting Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Averting Augment **While a warrior tank bow, this has a massive amount of endurance on it

:haw: Warrior
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Barbaric Augment or B)Stellar or Empyrean Brutal Augment, made by Weaponsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Knuckle& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Vicious Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Apothecary:
Force& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Impenetrable Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Chrysoprase Eye& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
Hardened Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Rhenium Longsword& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment

:siren: STAMPY PUT (OR LINK) THIS ON THE OP, THANKS :siren:

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
As an aside to the above, I am currently grinding my way through all of the professions, with an emphasis on rogue. I have Outfittter, Runecraft and Apoth all to 375. Weapons and armor will follow shortly, as will Artificer. All gathering professions are maxed (except fishing, which will get there in time.)

So anyone who needs late game gear feel free to hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I don't have all the really awesome recipes yet, but I am sitting on a lot of GM marks. So if I don't have the recipe for what you want, chances are I can grab it.

furthur8 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 24, 2013

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
Quote is not edit. Durr.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I can guess the answer, but if I use a Transfiguration Bauble on a staff can I make it look like a spear? Or what about turning it from a 2h weapon skin in to a 1h? The tooltip isn't that precise so I'm not sure if you can only use it on weapons of the same type or not.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN
Nice!

Blast of Confetti posted:

I think I can guess the answer, but if I use a Transfiguration Bauble on a staff can I make it look like a spear? Or what about turning it from a 2h weapon skin in to a 1h? The tooltip isn't that precise so I'm not sure if you can only use it on weapons of the same type or not.
I turned a 2H hammer into a staff, dunno about 2H to 1H

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

2H to 2H: Yes
1H to 1H: Yes
Shield to Shield: Yes
2H to 1H: No
1H to 2H: No
2H|1H to Shield: No
Shield to 1H|2H: No

(note 1H includes all of: One Hand, Main Hand, Off Hand items except Shields)

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Just a heads up, the post for the OP. You can only use rep runes on items that are account bound or already soulbound to your character.

Source- Patch 2.3 Hotfix 6

quote:

The faction requirement on applying runes has been removed! In its place is a new system: runes that are Bound to Account can now only be applied to items that are Soulbound or Bound to Account.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

I just re-read swirling flames:

Swirly thing actually does no raid damage, but swirly things touching another player with swirly thing = boom (think Drak's without the death to non-contract players) and it's time based not % based 3:15 then every 30 seconds.

:doh:

deimos fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 24, 2013

BuzzW
Jul 30, 2006

deimos posted:

Do totems count as shields or off hand? Either way could produce some cool combinations.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

BuzzW posted:

Do totems count as shields or off hand? Either way could produce some cool combinations.

deimos posted:

Now read the item tooltip.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deimos posted:

Good enough for me. I can see why they wouldn't want you turning 1h's in to 2h's.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Now if only there was a way to not show the harbinger's weapon in favor of a weapon skin :(

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Now if only there was a way to not show the harbinger's weapon in favor of a weapon skin :(

Harb weapons should be a particle effect on your current weapon, because that would rock.

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006
I downloaded this and have been dicking around on a few characters and I went looking for an in-game map addon that has artifact / rare mob locations.

Does something like this exist? I've found some web based ones but not any in game ones.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

dahkren posted:

I downloaded this and have been dicking around on a few characters and I went looking for an in-game map addon that has artifact / rare mob locations.

Does something like this exist? I've found some web based ones but not any in game ones.

There are two big rare tracking addons but the name escapes me, pretty sure I use one called "Rare Tracker", for artifacts I am fairly certain there is none that works 100%.

For resource nodes I use Resource Tracker which is pretty nice to know what's around you without having to hover on the mini-map, there's another addon called tomtom that gives you a "dumb" waypoint system for resource tracker and rare tracker, although I haven't used it.

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 24, 2013

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Speaking of, are the rares still near impossible to find? A while back I attempted to get the achievement for the Freemarch rares, and I think I only ever saw 2 of them during my whole hunt.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Speaking of, are the rares still near impossible to find? A while back I attempted to get the achievement for the Freemarch rares, and I think I only ever saw 2 of them during my whole hunt.

On 3SP they're pretty easy to find on the non-newbie zones TBH.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Can I grab an invite, my in game name is Slidero.

e: Another question, is it normal to get just terrible FPS in the cities? I put all my settings on low and it's still very very choppy. I have a 2500k, 560ti, 8GB ram and the game is installed on my ssd.

Slider fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 25, 2013

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Can I grab an invite for Homsar? Now that I finally found time to make the guy.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Can I get an invite on balio?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Slider posted:

e: Another question, is it normal to get just terrible FPS in the cities? I put all my settings on low and it's still very very choppy. I have a 2500k, 560ti, 8GB ram and the game is installed on my ssd.

Invites caught up. And yes, cities will be your worst FPS.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Trying this game again, looking for invite as Twm

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006

deimos posted:

There are two big rare tracking addons but the name escapes me, pretty sure I use one called "Rare Tracker", for artifacts I am fairly certain there is none that works 100%.

For resource nodes I use Resource Tracker which is pretty nice to know what's around you without having to hover on the mini-map, there's another addon called tomtom that gives you a "dumb" waypoint system for resource tracker and rare tracker, although I haven't used it.

Yea, I'm using the rare tracker thing for mobs, it's pretty ok. I'm really surprised there isn't an in game interactive map that shows artifact nodes though, is there something in the api that prevents this?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

dahkren posted:

Yea, I'm using the rare tracker thing for mobs, it's pretty ok. I'm really surprised there isn't an in game interactive map that shows artifact nodes though, is there something in the api that prevents this?

I think there's something preventing automatic collection of what you pick up and from where/what

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

StumblyWumbly posted:

I think there's something preventing automatic collection of what you pick up and from where/what

You wouldn't need automatic, there are large databases of locations out of game already that you could use in an addon.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Looking for an invite for froggiewentacourtin, thanks

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Invites caught up. And yes, cities will be your worst FPS.

Disagree, taking a rally banner to a level 60 event will be your worst fps (if you even load in before the boss dies heh).

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

YAY congrats! Sorry I couldn't be there, I've been slammed at work. That's changing soon!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

I just re-read swirling flames:

Swirly thing actually does no raid damage, but swirly things touching another player with swirly thing = boom (think Drak's without the death to non-contract players) and it's time based not % based 3:15 then every 30 seconds.

:doh:

What were you guys trying to do :psyduck:

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Just got in as Protagorean, having some Warhammer Online/Gamebryo flashbacks. It's okay though, I'm shooting lightning from my sword!

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...
Trying this game out :)

Created a character named Trifluv.

Please invite.

Lightglobe
Oct 15, 2005
I'm curious if the goon guild has people playing in Australian prime time or if it is better for me to just stick with the Oceanic server.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Requesting an invite on Ghostnote.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

That's some bomb-rear end archon dps RIGHT? :haw:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

What were you guys trying to do :psyduck:

We just moved the people who got them off the stack. Wasn't a big deal since everyone was ranged to begin with, though Antaris died to something and knowing that's how it work would've made it easier to know where to spread to.

e: only way picture would have been better would have been to show the lovely cleric gloves that dropped as well, but unfortunately Alistara ressed us rather than looting the corpse :(.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 25, 2013

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Does anyone else have a problem with pressing M to look at your map, but it has no borders, and you can't scroll in/out or really use it at all? Seems to happen randomly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Slider posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with pressing M to look at your map, but it has no borders, and you can't scroll in/out or really use it at all? Seems to happen randomly

Are you sure you aren't moving when it does that? If you move it turns into an overlay-style map you can't click.

• Locked thread