Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

No Such Thing posted:

For me it's a friar with dwarfism.

And now my baby monkey/piglet is dressed like a friar, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

No Such Thing posted:

For me it's a friar with dwarfism.
Different kind of monk, but...

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.
Honestly, I don't know if it's this thread making me notice more nonsense on my feed or what, but here's another one.

I'm not blocking out any names since this was taken from a public page. The rest of the comments are pretty much the same as those three. My boyfriend's mom commented on it too (which is how I came to find the picture) about how we're just brainwashed.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the posters have not been to college, given they don't really seem to understand how college works...

College grads, we're terrorists. Did any of you guys know? Cause I think I missed "terrorist training day" during undergrad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

While having a missing child isn't a big laughing matter I did kinda do a double take inspecting this.

(not blocking names as she wants this shared)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

It's a terrible situation and I hope she gets found and is very safe. But that last sentence, to me, says a lot about the mother and probably sheds some light on why her daughter ran away in the first place. :smith: it's a sucky situation all around.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Wizard of Smart posted:

It's a terrible situation and I hope she gets found and is very safe. But that last sentence, to me, says a lot about the mother and probably sheds some light on why her daughter ran away in the first place. :smith: it's a sucky situation all around.

My guess was that she might be trying to impress the gravity of the situation on anyone else who might see that, like her daughter's friends. Kids can be pretty callous so "this is illegal" could mean more to them than her being very worried about her child.

In more lighthearted news,

Read the last comment. (Sabrina is (was?) a cat, if that's not clear).

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Silly Hippie posted:

My guess was that she might be trying to impress the gravity of the situation on anyone else who might see that, like her daughter's friends. Kids can be pretty callous so "this is illegal" could mean more to them than her being very worried about her child.

Yeah, maybe. It just came off as an appeal to punishment over an appeal to emotion and rubbed me wrong. I probably overthought it, though.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

carnivaljunkie posted:

Honestly, I don't know if it's this thread making me notice more nonsense on my feed or what, but here's another one.

I'm not blocking out any names since this was taken from a public page. The rest of the comments are pretty much the same as those three. My boyfriend's mom commented on it too (which is how I came to find the picture) about how we're just brainwashed.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the posters have not been to college, given they don't really seem to understand how college works...

College grads, we're terrorists. Did any of you guys know? Cause I think I missed "terrorist training day" during undergrad.

I used to work with a super right-wing guy who used every opportunity to tell us about how awful Obama was, how man-made climate change wasn't real, and how Andrew Breitbart was an American hero.

That said, a favorite topic of his was how the American college system was indoctrinating kids to be Marxists, and how since the 60's the U.S. has been harboring Soviet ex-pat college professors to warp the minds of college kids.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Silly Hippie posted:

Read the last comment. (Sabrina is (was?) a cat, if that's not clear).

Did she end up elaborating on the "movable" thing?

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Idiot Kicker posted:

Unfortunately not. I can only imagine.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Idiot Kicker posted:

I hope she has the sense to go with a heavy wire skeleton. Ball joints would just be weird and tacky.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Idiot Kicker posted:

There is a kind of taxidermy that essentially makes your deceased companions into teddy bear style stuffed animals. I would assume that's what she meant.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I dunno how esoteric my knowledge is, but naming a child that is a VERY poor move.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Idiot Kicker posted:

Obviously.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

VogeGandire posted:

I dunno how esoteric my knowledge is, but naming a child that is a VERY poor move.

What makes you think it wasn't on purpose? They seem like the type to enjoy rasslin'.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Delete my answer. This is best. Catdrone forever.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

So, after doing some research, I have found out that the high five thing is referring to some anti-flu measure a youth soccer club had back in January, and the sushi thing is the policy of some weird sushi restaurant.

I don't have the heart to tell him that New York City doesn't actually base its legal system off of Calvinball.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

What's weird is the missing daughter picture says she was last seen a day prior to the ecard meme being posted.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

OmniDesol posted:

So, after doing some research, I have found out that the high five thing is referring to some anti-flu measure a youth soccer club had back in January, and the sushi thing is the policy of some weird sushi restaurant.

I don't have the heart to tell him that New York City doesn't actually base its legal system off of Calvinball.

Restaurants in Japan don't do tips, at all. You'll get money thrown back at you if you try. Makes sense a sushi place wouldn't take tips.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

This is me. I am the idiot on Facebook. TBF I was fairly drunk when I both cut my own hair and admitted it.

As other content: WAT?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

carnivaljunkie posted:

I feel like you could just change the bottom text of the image to say "However, if you ask American conservatives who the worst Communist dictator is, they say Barack Obama. Racist indoctrination works, comrade."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I went to one of the colleges these types like to complain about, and every one of the Russian Studies and Politics profs was all "Stalin was the worst of the worst". Especially the ones who were Russian or Eastern European expats.

At least one of them was an advisor to the CIA during the Cold War.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

carnivaljunkie posted:

I agree that the idea that undergrads are being trained as Marxist terrorists is crazy, but there is a bit if truth to this one in that a lot if people don't really know how awful Stalin or Mao were.

Also, here's the standard "those immigrants are taking our government subsidies" but Canadian:

This is especially stupid as the benefits they are taking about are on top of the Canadian pension plan, which is the plan you pay direct into with your taxes.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Jun 25, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Grem posted:

Restaurants in Japan don't do tips, at all. You'll get money thrown back at you if you try. Makes sense a sushi place wouldn't take tips.

I don't remember if I saw any chance to tip sushi resturants when I was in NYC. But I still see a tip section on the receipt I sign whenever I'm ordering to go.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goosed it. posted:

I agree that the idea that undergrads are being trained as Marxist terrorists is crazy, but there is a bit if truth to this one in that a lot if people don't really know how awful Stalin or Mao were.

Also, here's the standard "those immigrants are taking our government subsidies" but Canadian:

This is especially stupid as the benefits they are taking about are on top of the Canadian pension plan, which is the plan you pay direct into with your taxes.

Hmm yes, senior citizens with a stipend AND a pension AND whatever savings they have from when they worked are a lot worse off than a refugee, who by definition is taking refuge from somewhere else and presumably has effectively nothing at all.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Goosed it. posted:

The "bit of truth" is that most people would answer "Hitler" without a second thought.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I've found it. The laziest text-on-an-image ever.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I've found it. The laziest text-on-an-image ever.

:confused:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Good gardening practices make for bad romances.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

OmniDesol posted:

Good gardening practices make for bad romances.

Not if you're a gardener. :ese:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

(It's the same dude as before with the same joke as before.)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
This dude used to be normal, lately he's been getting pretty crazy though.

:sigh:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Wasn't the Millenium Eye something from the Yu-Gi-Oh TV show?

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

YellerBill posted:

Wasn't the Millenium Eye something from the Yu-Gi-Oh TV show?

Yes. That's just embarrassing. If you MUST insist you can see the future please make up your own magical items.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Silly Hippie posted:

Yes. That's just embarrassing. If you MUST insist you can see the future please make up your own magical items.

I guess it was also that big wheel they put up in London to celebrate the millennium, but that would just raise more questions.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
He's talking about this, the All Seeing Eye, not Yu-Gi-Oh:

Though I'm not sure which is saner.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

He's talking about this, the All Seeing Eye, not Yu-Gi-Oh:

Though I'm not sure which is saner.

Well darn. And here I was having fun reading the guy's posts in Pegasus' voice.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This dude used to be normal, lately he's been getting pretty crazy though.

:sigh:

Im going to that parade, what the gently caress is he even thinking? Turn that post into the FBI.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Flaggy posted:

Im going to that parade, what the gently caress is he even thinking? Turn that post into the FBI.

I doubt it's a threat or based on any actual information, it's more likely that that's just how he responds to everything now.

"Hey, FBUser #12, want to go get a pizza?"
"I sense grave danger at the pizza parlor."
"What?"
"My Blue-Eyes White Supremacist Dragon reveals a terrible fate for everyone."
"Dude, if you're not hungry, you can just say so."
"Tick tock tick tock tick tock"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
A relative of mine posted an image from "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" that advocated killing Muslims. I had never heard of this page so I scrolled through it and oh my God...
There's a picture of a guy, who is black, who was caught on camera robbing and assaulting a woman in her home. One commenter suggests "a good ole fashioned lynching" and has 98 likes in 2 hours. Look, I don't condone violence and robbery, but holy poo poo really? And down the page there is a link to the video. A guy suggests shooting him because he is beyond rehabilitation. 7,193 likes in 8 hours.
For people who love the Constitution, they sure love throwing some of the amendments out. I feel really lovely about my family now too. Thanks Facebook.

• Locked thread