Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Lightglobe posted:

I'm curious if the goon guild has people playing in Australian prime time or if it is better for me to just stick with the Oceanic server.

My boyfriend and I are and there's usually 15+ people on when we play :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Where do I sign up or whatever for tomorrow night's 20-mans?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
We should make a Guild Website so we can start scamming pubs for money to join the guild, then invite and mute them forever.

Snacks and Violence
Sep 18, 2004

...and he kept stabbing them, again and again. He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly...Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?
Please invite Deadsmell.

Lightglobe
Oct 15, 2005
Looking for a guild invite on Lightglobe

Protagoras
May 9, 2010

Protagorean posted:

Just got in as Protagorean, having some Warhammer Online/Gamebryo flashbacks. It's okay though, I'm shooting lightning from my sword!

I approve of your name choice.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Keshik posted:

Where do I sign up or whatever for tomorrow night's 20-mans?

Usually it's been just show up and be in mumble at game time, have 420 hit, folks get invited.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Usually it's been just show up and be in mumble at game time, have 420 hit, folks get invited.

Yup. Be on mumble/in-game before 5:55 server time. You have a better chance of getting in if you're already on mumble, or at least that's how it was in the past.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Looking for an invite for Nullset, thanks.

Nullset fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 25, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
:siren: Please check your mumble version if you haven't used it in a while and upgrade to 1.2.4 for raiding, thanks.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Apparently Exploit-EU have been testing 2.4 content, Volan is in one of the 20 man's.

Cant find any real proof about it, but considering that air rift that opens as he dies, i figured Volan would be back for another go at it. Hope its true! :dance:

VVVV Yeeeeessss.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 26, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Shadowmorn posted:

Apparently Exploit-EU have been testing 2.4 content, Volan is in one of the 20 man's.

Cant find any real proof about it, but considering that air rift that opens as he dies, i figured Volan would be back for another go at it. Hope its true! :dance:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/dungeons-raids/367246-tier-2-raid-testing-begin-soon-2.html#post4336747

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Can I get a couple invites for my babby alts, names: Pantone and Firstname

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Quinquereme posted:

My boyfriend and I are and there's usually 15+ people on when we play :)

Well another Aussie will be joining then.

Please invite Lystennia the pretty elf princess when you can. Thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

quote:

RIFT ‏@Riftgame 19m
Something brews in Freemarch & Silverwood - prepare yourselves Ascended, trouble & treasures could be yours starting tomorrow!

Hmmmm, probably phase 2 of the event?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain the 61 Tempest build in why it uses Icy/Fiery Burst instead of Skyfall when it doesn't have the points in Scald for Icy/Fiery to be effective?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Is it normal to win 500 Inscribed Sourcestone in one shot off a zone invasion boss?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

anthonypants posted:

Is it normal to win 500 Inscribed Sourcestone in one shot off a zone invasion boss?

Yeah, ISS were scaled up 50x, so that's the equivalent of what used to be 10. Certain things have been scaled up and down further (like the now useless raid rifts).

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daerc posted:

Yeah, ISS were scaled up 50x, so that's the equivalent of what used to be 10. Certain things have been scaled up and down further (like the now useless raid rifts).
Okay, thanks. It was really weird to get only a couple dozen of the 5-30 stacks up to this point, and then get deluged with these all of a sudden.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
I was reading the guide posted in the OP about gearing up at 60 and it says there are 5 items you should buy with infinity stones, but doesnt actually say what :ohdear:

Any ideas what it was?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

[*]CHLOROMANCER
The Chloromancer is still a soul that heals through dealing damage. Previously this healing was done as a percentage of the damage dealt. With this update, the healing is done based on the base cast time of the spell dealing damage. If an effect reduces the cast time of an ability it will still trigger healing based on the original cast time of the ability and not the modified cast time. The Chloromancer will still need to deal damage in order to trigger the healing from their Veils, but that healing will not be based on the amount of damage done. Life damage will still heal for more and AoE spells continue to be less efficient in the healing they provide. Ranged healing soul with a focus on single target or AoE.
According to this, DoTs are a waste of time for chloro spec, right?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

fenix down posted:

According to this, DoTs are a waste of time for chloro spec, right?

No, that's not really the case, if you're talking about the talents that cause your spores to apply dots or Corrosive Spores.

I'm not sure about Withering Vine's interaction with veils but it has its own built-in heal. Meanwhile Corrosive Spores, another instant-cast DoT, is a very strong heal.

Other DoTs are tied to cast-time abilities. Basically most damaging abilities in chloromancer interact well with veils, while life-based damage in Harbinger that's instant will generally heal for less on veils.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Zoness posted:

No, that's not really the case, if you're talking about the talents that cause your spores to apply dots or Corrosive Spores.

I'm not sure about Withering Vine's interaction with veils but it has its own built-in heal. Meanwhile Corrosive Spores, another instant-cast DoT, is a very strong heal.

Other DoTs are tied to cast-time abilities. Basically most damaging abilities in chloromancer interact well with veils, while life-based damage in Harbinger that's instant will generally heal for less on veils.
Thanks, my dude is only level 23 but this should help.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Here are the full patch notes for today:

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #7 - 26/6/13

GENERAL
* Soul Presets are correctly working again if you have the Storm Legion souls. For real this time!
* Becoming a RIFT owner now appropriately adds 2 additional bag slots to all characters, instead of just to new ones. Characters that were stuck at 3 bag slots even after becoming a RIFT owner have had their slots upgraded from 3 to 5.
* Crafters rejoice-- Empyrean Assault crafting dailies now give appropriate notoriety!
* You can now delete mail after taking the last attachment without having to close and reopen the mail.
* Lure of the Eye and Lure of the Unseen now share a cooldown, and will only open the appropriate rift for your faction.
* Performance has been improved for characters standing near lots of merchants. In capitol cities, for instance!
* Fixed an issue that caused the tutorial zone quests to randomly auto-complete.
* Hunt Legend Mender's Rough Greater Rotward now works with absorption spells.

RIFT STORE
* All mounts that lack faction requirements on the store can now be gifted to your friends!
* Level 50 Armor, Essences and Weapons found in Deeps' Lock Boxes and Supply Crates have been increased in power.
* Bundles of Deeps' Supply Crates are now available in Chests & Keys!
* Fixed an issue causing previewed items or bundles to show incorrect color tints.
* Some locked items in the Rift Store were not displaying their locked icon status though you were unable to purchase them; fixed so you can again see that they are locked.
* Storm Legion lures are now available under the Rifts category.
* Updated the description on Raid and Elite Portrait Loyalty rewards.
* Orb of Loyalty, Fragment of Loyalty and Shard of Loyalty now display how much Loyalty they will grant when consumed.
* Flare: Hailol, Flare: Empyreal Alliance and the new Stronghold Summoner can now be purchased with Credits!

DIMENSIONS
* You now earn rest experience from hanging out in dimensions. Welcome home!
* A few dimension items have had their prices adjusted, mostly for the cheaper.
* Some dimension items have been renamed to more accurately reflect what they are.
* Corrected the zone-in location for Empyrean Mill.
* The Brevane Jar dimension item is now resizeable.

SOULS

MAGE

HARBINGER
* Lightning Charge: A new ability that imbues your weapon with electrical energy. Damaging attacks have a 5% chance to deal additional Air damage. Lasts 1h. This is a 0 point root ability. Does not stack with Harbinger weapon buffs.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
* Subterfuge: The extra combo point from Nightblade "from stealth" attacks is now granted more reliably.

MARKSMAN
* Decoy: The Ranger's Dismiss Pet is no longer activated when Decoy is summoned.

WARRIOR

PARAGON
* Balance of Power: Now properly affected by damage modifications. It now causes attacks that follow a block to deal an additional 20-60% of your Endurance as Life damage, down from 30-100% of Endurance.
* Way of the Mountain: Fixed a bug that caused the buff that made the Warrior to take 5% more damage instead of 5% less damage.
* Deadly Parity: Now properly affected by damage modifications. The additional damage dealt has been adjusted to 1 Physical damage every 12/8/4 Attack Power, from 1 Physical damage every 5/3/1.5 Attack Power.

RIFTBLADE
* Storm Blade: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Damage has been reduced.
* Burning Blood: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Now deals 6% of Attack Power as Fire damage when struck in Melee combat, down from 20%.
* Scald: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Now deals 4-12% of Attack Power as Air damage based on Attack Points used, down from 10-30% of Attack Power.
* Elemental Touch: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Now deals an additional 3% of your Attack Power as Air damage, down from 15% of Attack Power.

BEASTMASTER
* Strike to Maim: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Now causes melee critical hits to deal damage based on 10-50% of your strength or your pet's strength over 8s, down from 20-100%.

CHAMPION
* Take No Prisoners: Now works on all damage finishers, including bleeds.

VOID KNIGHT
* Destructive Forces: Now properly affected by damage modifications. Reckless Strike and Ragestorm now deal weapon plus 0.6-3% of Attack Power as additional Air damage for each active pact, down from 1-5% of Attack Power. Devouring Blow now deals 0.3-1.5% of your Attack Power for each Attack Power used per Pact as Air damage, down from 0.3-1.66%.

ZONES
* Some zone events in Storm Legion will drop less Empyrean Sourcestone.
* Lure of the Eye and Lure of the Unseen now share a cooldown, and will only open the appropriate rift for your faction.
* The immunity buff applied to invasions when they spawn now displays as a Buff.

ASHORA
* The achievements "Hold the Line" and "Insecticide" from the Empyeral Assault in Ashora are now Legacy achievements. The remaining achievements have been moved to the Ashora zone category.

FREEMARCH
* Saving that Which is Sacred: Removed the cooldown from the objectives.
* Wild Growth: Quest updates are now shared with all members of a party.

IRON PINE PEAK
* Iron Pine Peak zone events are back to being level 44, down from 50.

SHIMMERSAND
* IA: Gnar Gems: Will once again spawn high gem amounts when there are more players present during the adventure.

THE DENDROME
* Quest: Momentous Motes: The map indicators are now more accurate.
* Quest: The Council of Batua: The map indicator for borrowing the Boar Spear is now more accurate.
* Torvan Hunter Decree notoriety items are now awarded upon the completion of Hunt zone events.
* Increased the Torvan Hunter notoriety awarded for killing level 62 stronghold bosses from 900 to 1300.
* Conduits in Great Hunt rifts now broadcast warnings when their health is low.
* A new Stronghold Summoner item is now available from flare merchants in the Dendrome! This item can be used to summon your group/raid to your location when you are near a stronghold.
* Zone Event: Swarm of the Century: Has seen a few optimizations to reduce possible server latency.
* Onslaught: The Place of Dogs: This area is now more attractive to invaders! This should help anyone completing their daily kill quest.
* Daily quests in The Dendrome now properly pay out appropriate amounts of coin and experience. The Satyrs of Hailol are done messing with players...for now.
* World Raid Boss: All:
- Players should more reliably get credit for kills in very high population situations.
- Even during high strain situations, these NPCs should no longer disappear in an attempt to improve performance.
* World Raid Boss: Ahkane the Eternal:
- Eternal Wrath will now be cast less frequently.
- Eternal Sacrifice now causes more raid damage if left uninterrupted.
* World Raid Boss: Kaaz'Ra:
- The duration for the ability Catastrophic Sandstorm has been reduced from 120s to 90s.

UI/SETTINGS
* The rollover tooltip for the two unlockable bag slots now display the correct hotkey.
* By popular request, Crucia has had her loading screen replaced with a new glamor shot.
* Fixed a bug in the Rift Store that was causing filter text to not display correctly.
* The vehicle bar will now display correctly after a relog or /reloadui.

CRAFTING
* Improved crafting reagent vendor store windows.
* Apothecary: New relic-quality Exceptionally White Dye and Exceptionally Black Dye recipes have been added to the Rift Store! The recipes can only be purchased with Master and Grandmaster Marks.
* Fishing: Junk, when fished from pools of wine in Hailol, is now more amusing than previously-fished junk.
* The Stellar and Prime Prismatic Wellsprings are now sellable to vendors.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

EXODUS OF THE STORM QUEEN
* Thedeor’s Last Stand: Fixed an issue where the storm legion troopers would not aggro on players that are far away from the quest location.

GRIM AWAKENING
* Ultane:
- Spirit Shackle checks twice as quickly to determine if the end of the tether is in range.
- Spirit Shackle is no longer only cast on the highest agro target during the second Hellspawn phase.

HIVE KAAZ'GFUU: QUEEN'S GAMBIT [Chronicle]
* Och and Krok: Riftstalkers can no longer get stuck in the collision around the pillars.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Won't be home until a bit after 6:00 server. If there is still room I would love to provide anemic DPS.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhh, is Threesprings locked for anyone else? Something to do with the patch I guess?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blast of Confetti posted:

Uhh, is Threesprings locked for anyone else? Something to do with the patch I guess?

https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/349935085526585344 posted:

Hey all - an update to the current Hot Fix in North America: The new ETA is 60 minutes, we've discovered some hardware needs to be replaced!

https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/349935551773806592 posted:

Half of the NA shards are back online while we replace hardware on the other Server Group, thanks all!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Oh god what does this mean?

quote:

Exceptionally White Dye and Exceptionally Black Dye

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

deimos posted:

I feel like there is some kind of racism joke to be made here, but I shall not fall for it!

Also does dye actually sell for anything? I picked Apothecary but I figured the dyes wouldn't be a very good sell.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

deimos posted:

They mentioned it on the stream when they were splitting the NA into 2 clusters, but I think they're supposed to show up as actual black and white instead of kind of grayish.

Are those warrior changes nerfs or buffs after taking into account damage mods?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Man, if someone had been stockpiling the grandmaster marks from multiple professions for a while, they've just struck gold.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

A few streams ago they mentioned them as being black or white regardless of base material, so you can actually get said colors on all materials.

deadtear posted:

They mentioned it on the stream when they were splitting the NA into 2 clusters, but I think they're supposed to show up as actual black and white instead of kind of grayish.

Are those warrior changes nerfs or buffs after taking into account damage mods?

Paragon is probably a nerf, riftblade is probably largely unchanged.

e: Checking in with some Deepwood warriors I know, they're saying pure paragon is a slight nerf, hybrid paragon and RB are slightly ahead of where they were.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 26, 2013

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ah, whoops. Been a few days since I've had a long enough break to actually play and this was just after I submitted a ticket about keyboard macros so I didn't know if I hosed up or not. :v:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

I'm not sure about Withering Vine's interaction with veils but it has its own built-in heal.

IANAC, but I'm pretty sure you toss it up if there is >1 target you can apply it to. It's life damage, so it does tick LGV/LBV, but I don't think the heals from that part are all that significant. But having it up on a few targets can be a couple hundred more HPS.

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006
Can I snag an invite for Saise?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Withering is a decent heal, mine ticks for 500-600. So if it is up on 3 targets, that's 1500 for the raid. The issue is more using cooldowns and switching targets to apply it. As a tank healing chloro, you just don't have the GCD's to waste with some of the content. Tanks get blasted very quickly.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Nevermind!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 26, 2013

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aww man, Trion gave me a free 750 credits because of the long Support Desk queues. :3: I don't remember the last time I played a game where the devs were so chill they gave you funbux just because it takes them awhile to answer your questions.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Blast of Confetti posted:

Aww man, Trion gave me a free 750 credits because of the long Support Desk queues. :3: I don't remember the last time I played a game where the devs were so chill they gave you funbux just because it takes them awhile to answer your questions.

I just got that too, based on a bug I submitted that I had forgotten about.

That reminds me of something I haven't been sure of. If you die and have to purchase a soulwalk, that comes off your credits right? So, if you don't have credits, you just have to respawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

In as Arlaith and Braehax, not sure yet which one I want to stick with as a main. Would appreciate a guild invite whenever one of y'all can send one out.

• Locked thread