Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's in the 30s again like the previous dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Are they still giving out shift codes on a regular basis? I haven't played this in months but a friend of mine just got it and we are looking at going through the game and all the DLC. What order should we tackle the DLC?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'd say to play the Tiny Tina DLC right after the main game, as they are directly connected. the other three can be played in whatever order you like.

You need to be at least level 30 to play it, and you should have completed the main game first. (Or at least gotten past the mission "Where Angels Fear To Tread.")

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

South posted:

Are they still giving out shift codes on a regular basis? I haven't played this in months but a friend of mine just got it and we are looking at going through the game and all the DLC. What order should we tackle the DLC?

Shift codes come out pretty regularly on Gearbox's twitter and Facebook pages. Randy Pitchford puts some out on his twitter, too. I'm sure there's other sources, but these are the most prominent ones that I know about.

The DLCs can be done in any order, but I'd start with :torgue: TORGUE :torgue:, then Tina, then Scarlett. Skip Hammerlock unless you're a masochist. (Disclaimer: I haven't played Scarlett or Tina yet, but the thread seems to concur that Scarlett's one of the good ones.) The enemies in each all scale to around 30, like Mokinokaro said.

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage

South posted:

You can do them whenever, but Hammerlock and Tina will spoil events from the main game if you finish them first.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

All the DLCs scale to your current level, but the minimum required is 30, as they're all officially set post-main-story and reference events from it.

And the Hammerlock camapign isn't bad. Some interesting environments and new enemy types in there. It's just much more sidequest-focused to the point where even the characters don't give a poo poo about the main story arc and just want to get it over and done with as quick as possible. It's pretty intentional.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
If Xbone creates a voice filter that instantly bans pre-pubescent voices playing M-rated games, I'll buy it on day one.

Okay, not really, but Jesus Christ the last three games I've joined have been 10 year old boys screaming racial slurs.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Thanks for the replys guys. I guess the season pass is the best way to get the DLC then.

GammaShade posted:

Shift codes come out pretty regularly on Gearbox's twitter and Facebook pages. Randy Pitchford puts some out on his twitter, too. I'm sure there's other sources, but these are the most prominent ones that I know about.

The Shift Codes on that twitter still work today.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.
So I won't have access to Internet until the weekend, but is the new DLC covered under the season pass or is it a whole other expansion? Just want to save myself the hassle of packing up the xbox if I don't have to.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Primworm posted:

So I won't have access to Internet until the weekend, but is the new DLC covered under the season pass or is it a whole other expansion? Just want to save myself the hassle of packing up the xbox if I don't have to.

It's the last DLC for the Season Pass.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

gently caress yes. Gonna be on all night with this DLC with my 61 psycho.

Speedboat Jones posted:

It really pisses me off when I see how badly my psycho is geared for story bosses. I cannot beat bloodwing for the life of me. I'm doing a typical flame of the firehawk build with the hellborn tree, or the rough rider melee tree. I just can't get past this boss no matter how I approach it and pubbies just are not joining me.
I will gladly join your game with my Psycho/Mechwarrior/Gunzerker and make this happen.
Find me after 6pmCST gt: r0bertc0p

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Jake Blues posted:

gently caress yes. Gonna be on all night with this DLC with my 61 psycho.

I will gladly join your game with my Psycho/Mechwarrior/Gunzerker and make this happen.
Find me after 6pmCST gt: r0bertc0p

:blush: I didn't know you felt that way.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
There's a big list of shift codes at

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

At one point I tried them, and a lot still work.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Neo Helbeast posted:

:blush: I didn't know you felt that way.

Haha, I'm so used to seeing you online in this game that I somehow developed that as the portmanteau for Mechromancer. :gay:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Can anyone hook me up with a couple good 61s? I'm loving the DLC so far but UVHM still sucks balls and I want to kill things faster.

Looking for:
Slag Rubi
2 DP Unkempt Harolds
Corrosive Butcher
a really good shield I don't know whats good
Bouncing Bonny
Topneaa or Norfleets

I'll be on around 4pm PST. 360: kr0jar

The Duke fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 25, 2013

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
Has there been any indication that there might be more new content in the future?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
downloading now. christ this is gonna take forever. I'll be back sometime after summer(7pm central).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Anyone else getting a weird bug on 360 where half of the DLC list is coming up blank?

The new DLC and other campaign ones aren't showing up at all.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Duke posted:

Can anyone hook me up with a couple good 61s? I'm loving the DLC so far but UVHM still sucks balls and I want to kill things faster.

Looking for:
Slag Rubi
2 DP Unkempt Harolds
Corrosive Butcher
a really good shield I don't know whats good
Bouncing Bonny
Topneaa or Norfleets

I'll be on around 4pm PST. 360: kr0jar

I have most of what you're looking for. I'll try to find you tonight for dropping off some dupes.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mokinokaro posted:

Anyone else getting a weird bug on 360 where half of the DLC list is coming up blank?

The new DLC and other campaign ones aren't showing up at all.

Yep. Getting that now. Every blank card is something listed above.

After the day I've had, this does not amuse me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ShadowedFlames posted:

It's not only that but my season pass isn't being accepted for the new DLC. I've tried several restarts and redownloaded the season pass key a few times and nothing.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mokinokaro posted:

It's not only that but my season pass isn't being accepted for the new DLC. I've tried several restarts and redownloaded the season pass key a few times and nothing.

The one time I had the Tina DLC show up I had the same issue. Good grief, Gearbox!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'll be on later tonight for those who want legendaries or want to do sidequests (or the raid boss because I don't think its possible to cheese it) on the DLC, since I'm done with the main storyline already.

To the dude who requested the Norfleets: I can give you one of each element if you want. :v:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 25, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm gonna assume that not many people are posting reactions so far because they're all playing but I'm just gonna say that this DLC is really good so far.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

Mokinokaro posted:

My wife and I were going to spend the evening playing Bunkers and Badasses with Tiny Tina, but Gearbox, Microsoft and X-Box Live are loving bastards with no soul, and I can't download the awesomeness.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ShadowedFlames posted:

The one time I had the Tina DLC show up I had the same issue. Good grief, Gearbox!

My guess is that Gearbox's auth server for the season passes is being overwhelmed.

EDIT: Gearbox is "working on it"

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mazerunner posted:

I'm gonna assume that not many people are posting reactions so far because they're all playing but I'm just gonna say that this DLC is really good so far.

I'm only posting because PS Store will be down a lot today. This is goddamn bullshit. :torgue:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

I just finished it and it makes the other dlc's look like absolute poo poo. The only things that annoyed me were the skeleton mages and a dragon boss that was so loving hard to actually hit. Overall it's pretty amazing and I highly recommend it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Same here.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Same for me. I actually bought the season pass, downloaded Scarlet DLC first, then went to download Tina's DLC and got the blank list error.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Just bought an Antagonist

194k capacity
1.56 delay
50% chance to deflect
761% deflect damage
43% damage reduction

Trying to figure out what the best SMG prefix is before I drop some crystals on a Florentine and if the Seeker is even worth the crystals at all.

edit: bought the Consummate Florentine, this poo poo is ridiculous. Gunzerking with that and a Sawbar and I am destroying everything in seconds now without much effort.

edit: Crystal Skeletons during the Dead Brother quest are giant assholes, what are they weak to?

edit 2: Just beat the story. Is there really no loot after freeing Butt Stallion? I got Jack's mask again and that's it

The Duke fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 26, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Error has cleared on my system, downloading now.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
i'm down for goon games

UN x guard86 (there is a space)

lvl 50 gunzerker.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Sorry Jake Blues but apparently resetting my router was the dumbest thing I could have ever done because now my Xbox can't find my wireless network anymore and I've tried everything I can think of. Pretty frickin' annoyed right now :bang:

Anyway should I get this stupid thing working tonight I have the following if anyone wants dupes:

Antagonist
Consummate Florentine
Casual SWORDSPLOSION!!!! (fires 3 projectiles)
Fireball
Lightning Bolt

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
How the gently caress does anyone succeed in certain missions in TVHM? Like, the ones where you walk into a room and 50 guys jump out and there's no cover? It's loving bullshit how many times I've died in Opportunity.

:torgue:

EDIT: Between the Jack mission in Opportunity and blowing up Piston's blimp I think I've spent close to $300,000 just loving respawning. This game is loving bullshit.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 26, 2013

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006
I want to get back into some Borderlands tonight and was wondering if there is anyone willing to dupe me some good lvl50 gear for a mechro? Shock weapons would be amazing. I have played through with a few characters but have never really had any success farming legendaries and suck at the raid bosses.

Xbox name is Kcuzzz85 and I should be on for a few hours tonight. I think I am silly enough to start UVHM.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Only about an hour in to the DLC and already loving it. With my pile of seraph crystals I've already bought a seeker and an antagonist, so if anybody on the 360 would like those duped, just speak up!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Is the Seeker any good? I only have enough crystals for one more seraph item and I didn't want to just buy it to have it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, I really wish I had spread out the levels of my characters more. TVHM (at level 46) is pissing me off with its insane damage gap between me and the enemies, but the new DLC starts at level 30 and my next highest character's level is 13, it would take a LONG time to get her up to level 30. Is there some non-obvious solution to this problem that I am not seeing?

I wish I could just set the level of my character freely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Duke posted:

Is the Seeker any good? I only have enough crystals for one more seraph item and I didn't want to just buy it to have it.

With slag it's actually a fairly strong weapon and the shots home in, which helps me in down but not out to just fire in the air and have them track something. But, I am also using it on my explosives/grenade damage commando, so that's fluffing my numbers quite a bit.

• Locked thread