Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

chumpchous posted:

coop was already suspended
1 hour ago

i reported it this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

check this out i'm selling a screwdriver made of lead

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
now i will never know the touch of bespoke pantina against my beltloop

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the plot thickens

quote:

Let see, the creator of the “Coop” works with Real FX Design. Real FX Design are the people who did the Kickstarter video for this Firefly campaign:
http://www.realfxdigital.com/Commercials02.html

They also created a short film involving the green Firefly. This was referenced by Richard in Update #17. If you watch the video for that campaign,
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1617369417/firefly-a-short-film%85

You will see the creator of the “Coop”, Jammy, is in that video. Also, if you look at the profiles for the creator’s of both the “Coop” and the “Firefly short”, you will see they both have left “glowingly” positive comments under this Kickstarter campaign.

as shameful as it is to admit, i backed that dumb blue laser light thing, because blue lasers

also he doesn't "work with" real fx design, he (e: and ONE other guy, ok) IS real fx design, because all it takes to call yourself a company these days is the 5 bucks for the domain name

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Werthog 95 posted:

the plot thickens

as shameful as it is to admit, i backed that dumb blue laser light thing, because blue lasers

also he doesn't "work with" real fx design, he (e: and ONE other guy, ok) IS real fx design, because all it takes to call yourself a company these days is the 5 bucks for the domain name

did you get in early enough to get your free heart and cat and star lenseses?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
sure but why does any of that matter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so did kickstarter suspend it because its copper plated aluminum or what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's not easy enough to commit sexual assault with IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION PENDING REVIEW

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Al! posted:

so did kickstarter suspend it because its copper plated aluminum or what

no probably because "realfxdigital" sent out a bajillion emails telling people about the coop bottle opener

which probably came from the firefly backer list

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

another porject from the same creator. just up and cancelled it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/899075619/shader-300-a-professional-grey-tone-marker-set?ref=users

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

“I am pissed,” Ouya chief executive Julie Uhrman wrote in a Kickstarter update. “Some of you have not yet received your Ouya — and, to you, I apologize. I did not promise to ship to most of you before we hit store shelves. I promised to ship to all of you. I’ve been reading your comments, and we are working to resolve this.”

i feel like anyone who willingly gave money to something called Ouya deserves to get nothing, and in fact should be further penalized come tax time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's not easy enough to commit sexual assault with IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION PENDING REVIEW

do you think they cobbled together the suspension thing after the rape kickstarter or were they just keeping it in their back pocket

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i think there are a few pickup artists sitting around in their manhattan office who sagely nod their heads at such reddit wisdom instead of janitoring their computers and site

marketing or bossman probably didn't have time to cajole them into making the necessary changes in time

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

did you get in early enough to get your free heart and cat and star lenseses?

i did not, sadly.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

XploreAir posted:

The Paravelo promises to revolutionize the way we travel for work, play and adventure. Ride. Fly. Camp. You choose.

The XploreAir Paravelo is the world's first flying bicycle; a conventional two-wheeled bike that transforms into an easy-to-operate aircraft requiring no licence to fly and capable of altitudes of up to 4,000ft.

We've spent two years developing an advanced prototype and testing it on the ground and in the air. We need £50,000 to finalize the design so you can buy it off the shelf.

With your support we can change forever the way we travel.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/114063537/paravelo-the-worlds-first-flying-bicycle?ref=category

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

oh good ive been looking for an unnecessarily complicated and stupid way to kill myself

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

i cant see the video but im assuming theres about 0 seconds of it actually flying right

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

this is literally some wily e. coyote poo poo

acme enterprises

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why is there a quadruple amputee strapped backwards into this

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it took me like a solid minute to realize that wasn't a passenger sitting backwards sticking their head in that fan

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh its just a gigantic hard to control parachute backpack strapped to a fan. so it wont work unless there's strong winds and once you land get ready to spend an hour repacking the chute

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Al! posted:

oh its just a gigantic hard to control parachute backpack strapped to a fan so it wont work and get ready to spend an hour repacking the chute

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Unbelievable Testing Laboratory has created Tyvek paper shoes weighing in at 150g. Support our Limited Edition Light Wing project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theutlab/light-wing-trainers-impossibly-light-tyvek-paper-s?ref=discover_pop

$80,089
pledged of $15,000 goal

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i still dont get it

are they trying to sell some system where you pedal hard enough to get lift

i dont see any wings

i dont see how thats possible even if there were wings because its just not loving possible

next up is their perpetual motion machine

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

what keeps you on the bike seat at 4000 ft elevation

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the video is actually p funny

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what keeps you on the bike seat at 4000 ft elevation

the thing on the back unpacks into a harness

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i still dont get it

are they trying to sell some system where you pedal hard enough to get lift

i dont see any wings

i dont see how thats possible even if there were wings because its just not loving possible

next up is their perpetual motion machine

its a parachute. all you have to do is pedal hard enough to overcome the drag of the 50 pound chute and you should be fine

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

the thing on the back unpacks into a harness

wait then where is the chute

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

ahahahahahahahhhahahhahha

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/tech/innovation/worlds-first-flying-bicycle/index.html

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Unbelievable Testing Laboratory has created Tyvek paper shoes weighing in at 150g. Support our Limited Edition Light Wing project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theutlab/light-wing-trainers-impossibly-light-tyvek-paper-s?ref=discover_pop

$80,089
pledged of $15,000 goal

guys

guys

these shoes made of paper are supposed to retail for 68 human dollars

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

oh my god it has an engine

they dont make that clear

it has a loving engine thats how the fan works

In order to fly, the bike docks with its trailer, a flexible wing is unfurled and an electric starter motor fires up the biofuel-powered fan.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

$16,000 each?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

oh my god it has an engine

they dont make that clear

it has a loving engine thats how the fan works

In order to fly, the bike docks with its trailer, a flexible wing is unfurled and an electric starter motor fires up the biofuel-powered fan.

"also hope u got a huge rear end field to land in"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

$16,000 each?

at that point you might as well just buy a high quality ultralight trike and a collapsible bicycle and you probably are less likely to be killed

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

guys

guys i want to pledge at the 5000 pound level

i really want the opportunity in a few years to give them $16,000 extra for a motor and fan attached to a parachute assuming they just dont run off with the money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

$80,089
pledged of $15,000 goal

tyvek is completely unbreathable so this will provide basically the same comfort level as wrapping your feet in saran wrap

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

no didnt u read? when this thing revolutionizes transportation, your name will be in the museum display*

*aka the dumpster out back that all the worthless poo poo gets thrown in when this company goes bankrupt

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lol, i've had to wear tyvek suits for various things and it is not a thing you want on your body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

haljordan posted:

no didnt u read? when this thing revolutionizes transportation, your name will be in the museum display*

*aka the dumpster out back that all the worthless poo poo gets thrown in when this company goes bankrupt

no seriously they've already had ultralight aircraft forever you can get this exact same thing but cheaper and probably actually more portable right now

• Locked thread