Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

DLAO posted:

I reconnected with an old friend from high school a few weeks ago and we decided to get together. And now move in together. And we've decided to elope next month. So--- a bit of a world wind going on, but I'm so deliriously happy and just following it down any path it brings me. :-) He also got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGAGEMENT RING IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. My family can't decide if they want to be happy for me or disown me, but I just don't care. I also have been interviewing like crazy and am getting ready to turn in my two weeks and start a new job (YAY)

So, I'm hoping things are going well for everyone else.

Congrats! I recently got engaged too, but a bit less spontaneously. ;)

I also have been slacking on sending cards and letters. My excuse is "eh, ran out of stamps. I'll get some later.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

Congrats! I recently got engaged too, but a bit less spontaneously. ;)

I also have been slacking on sending cards and letters. My excuse is "eh, ran out of stamps. I'll get some later.."

Hehe! Congrats on Goon Love around the world! :-D

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I did not get engaged, I got told my long term boyfriend is not moving with me. The day I found out I got the job. Also on his birthday.

It has been...simultaneously the best and worst day ever. Alternating crying and laughing.

Kafka's Goldfish and PitGoddess, I got your letters and will send replies when I am feeling less like a crazy person.

Also I will have a new address in July.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

13Pandora13 posted:

I did not get engaged, I got told my long term boyfriend is not moving with me. The day I found out I got the job. Also on his birthday.

It has been...simultaneously the best and worst day ever. Alternating crying and laughing.

Kafka's Goldfish and PitGoddess, I got your letters and will send replies when I am feeling less like a crazy person.

Sorry about the bad news! That is crappy. Also, I realized that I never thanked you for your last post to me. I got several on the same day, which just happened to be in the middle of a very stressful time at work (Doing state-mandated testing, a major grading time and doing retention/expulsion paperwork on several students) I don't even remember who sent me what. I do believe, however, that 13Pandora13 Sent me the nifty Glow-in-the-dark dinosaur which is currently sitting next to my computer screen.

So, thanks everybody who sent me cool stuff. I'm sorry I'm a jerk!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm sorry about you and your BF, it sounds...well, almost exactly like the situation I was in recently.

On the plus side, YAY JOB! Congrats! You can send me crazy person letters, that's what goon love is for.

DLAO- I totally forgot about your engagement, congrats! Tell me all about it in your letter.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

thepitgoddess posted:

I'm sorry about you and your BF, it sounds...well, almost exactly like the situation I was in recently.

On the plus side, YAY JOB! Congrats! You can send me crazy person letters, that's what goon love is for.

DLAO- I totally forgot about your engagement, congrats! Tell me all about it in your letter.

I totally mailed you a crazy person letter a couple days ago so it should be to you soon.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I love sending and receiving mail, so count me in!

TheAbominableSnow
320 E. State St.
Cherry Valley, IL 61016
USA

I'm a huge nerd about comics (to the extent that I'm majoring in them). Art student, obviously. I love gross monsters, mythology, goofy paranormal folklore, and schlocky horror movies. And also good horror movies. Pretty much anything from the headless horseman to space alien Elvis will absolutely thrill me, guaranteed! I'd appreciate it if there wasn't anything vastly NSFW sent to me, though, because I gotta explain this stuff to the rest of my family.

I'll be picking through this thread and send out some hand-drawn cards over the week. Looking forward to it!

EDIT: Tip for any USA folks sending internationally--they have individual stamps for that, now. So instead of plastering on six normal stamps, you can pay 1.10 for a cool little circular stamp that'll go anywhere in the world.

TheAbominableSnow fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 19, 2013

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

A cool/happy note:

I've begin the packing process. Rather tearfully. I can't bring my dogs (they're too old, they're "family dogs" and it wouldn't be fair to rip them to a new place with just me in their twilight years). I pulled out the three giant Ulta bags of letters from the last few years.

It's hundreds of letters, packages, postcards, et cetera. I'm not even exaggerating. The large chest shown is about 1' by 2' and the smaller is about 8" by 12". The larger of the two boxes is ONLY goonmail, dating back to 2009 and spanning three addresses (soon to be 4). The small box is correspondences with people I actually know in real life as well as goons that I'm on a much more personal pen pal level with (PG, DLAO, Kafka, people who at this point know as much/more about what's going on in my life and how I feel as my local friends). It brought happy tears to my eyes, you guys have been around with me through so much weirdness in the last three-four years and it's really cool to reflect back on it all. :unsmith:

(edit)

My tables!

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 3, 2017

SlimeSanction
Oct 21, 2008
May I join in again? I just found a poo poo load of letters I meant to send out, they had been stashed somewhere.

Slime Sanction
4252 Glendale road
Woodbridge Virginia 22193
USA

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I sent out some letters a few days ago---- since I've been on cloud nine, I can't remember who I needed to respond to, so I just started responding back to everyone. Thanks for the Happy Wishes, goons! :-)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

:siren: NEW ADDRESS! :siren:

(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

13Pandora13 posted:

new address

Congrats!! :D I know the move wasn't all great, but I think there might be a house warming card headed your way soon....

Edit: address removed

Niemat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 22, 2013

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I'm up for some goon mail. I have way too much ink and paper that needs to be used so I can buy more pens, ink and paper. I'd also love to find some penpals so if anyone wants a letter from me just say so.

My address is:
Kristina
P.O. Box 30173
Cincinnati, OH 45230

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

lady flash posted:

I'm up for some goon mail. I have way too much ink and paper that needs to be used so I can buy more pens, ink and paper. I'd also love to find some penpals so if anyone wants a letter from me just say so.

My address is:
Kristina
P.O. Box 30173
Cincinnati, OH 45230

I'd love a letter! I'll add you to the list Monday, along with SlimeSanction, TheAbominableSnow and 13Pandora13's new address!

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
I owe lots of (very belated!) thanks to team lunch, marlowe, Kafka's Goldfish, DLAO, Thermophonic Joy, lamb, the Genesplicers, and goons from Norway, Japan, and UK (who sent us some amazing chocolates!) for wonderful Valentine's and St. Patrick's mail. Please know that your letters have made us feel very loved, and we are sorry to have not responded; life just got a little overwhelming.

But now things have calmed down, Mr. Clarice got a new (and better paying job!), we will be moving closer to family, and things are generally good. We are in the middle of packing a house (with a toddler who unpacks everything), but in about a month we should be in our new place and then I'll get back into the letter writing swing. Until then, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all.

Thanks!
The Clarice clan

brotato
May 14, 2013
Man, I love sending letters/receiving mail. Count me in.

Brotato
1740 Century Cir NE #1353
Atlanta, GA 30345

Not to mention it'll be a great excuse to start dicking around with print-making and card design again.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Hey everyone! I've moved and want to let folks know so they didn't send mail to my old address. I'll update with a new address soon.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

OKAY THEN my address is re-changing. If you've already sent something that's fine, they're giving me box access, but they had to change my apartment from an "infestation" at the other unit that was previously unknown (I'm guessing fleas or bedbugs).

REAL NEW ADDRESS:
(removed)

Aaaaaand now I get to try to get all my utilities and everything switched with about 18 hours notice.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2013

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

Henrico, VA

We're practically neighbors now! Will try to send something nice and housewarming your way :) sucks about the uh, infestation.

Sorry I've been way behind on mailing- I put something in the post for Niemat and will do more soon. Also got a card and postcard from Crazy Old Clarice! Thank you!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Henrico, VA 23238

I am tendering my response this weekend... Thank you for the :siren: MOST AWESOMEST GOON GIFT--- A HELLO KITTY WALLET--- EVER!!! :siren: Yes... that is how excited I got when I opened your package. Yes, my new husband jumped at my squeals of delight.

I also got letters from Clarice, and Panorama_Change, and Shoozy Kopp! Those were also much loved! Oh, my goon friends, you keep my sane... I think.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I was going through a box of school stuff (I'm busily working on the next school year) and I found a bunch of postcards that I made/acquired for sending out to goons. Some of them come from the Jon Stewart Rally for Sanity (that shows you how old they are, I guess.) If you are interested in a card, let me know and you will get some random weirdness. Otherwise, I'm sending them out to random folks.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey so I'm a pretty big Jon Stewart fan. If you don't mind sending one of those I'd be thankful! I've never participated in this thread, but have wanted to for a while, and I promise I will soon :). Knowing that I "owe" something back to the community is a pretty strong incentive too...

Vlad

Hoofdstraat 13
2171 AR
Sassenheim
Netherlands

I'm... a nerd. I'll list some random interests you may be able to work with: gaming, chocolate, origami, lego, K-pop, anime, US politics. I'll add some more elements to this list if I can think of them :).

Dancer fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 17, 2013

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
I'd love to join. Feel free to send me letters, ephemera, drawings, musings, things to brighten up my desk, or whatever you want.

Are we supposed to post interests? I'm a new mom, advertising professional, wife, Anglophile, avid reader, knitter, coffee enthusiast, music lover, I like Doctor Who and sci fi but not in a creepy tumblr way, and I don't travel nearly as much as I wish I could.

Jessica
111 Lincoln Ave
Collingswood NJ 08108
USA

e: If anyone would like to send me postcards or flyers or whatnot from local coffeeshops or roasters (bonus points if they are fancy third-wave type shops like Intelligentsia or Verve or Stumptown), I'm amassing a little collection for my desk.

frenchnewwave fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 8, 2013

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

I would love to get back on the list.
Also bought lots of cool local cards during my last visit to book store, going to send them out during this week.

Eugene
Ristikheina 7
74117, Maardu
Estonia

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
I used to be on the list and I have since bought a house and moved! I would love to get some Goon mail love!

SuzieMcAwesome (Jessica)
302 Maple Ave
Horse Cave, KY 42749

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I realise now that sending codified messages to goons in the USA on the back of Cambodian postcards is probably a good way to have them pulled out, scrutinised for terrorist messages and then discarded.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

lady flash posted:

My address is:
Kristina
P.O. Box 30173
Cincinnati, OH 45230

Thank you for the postcard lady flash! Expect a card heading your way soon!

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
We have moved from the Old Line State to the Bay State and are settled in enough to start sending goon mail again!

The new address for the Clarice family is:
17 Captain Parker Arms #12
Lexington, MA 02421

Yay!

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
If any of you'd like to send any, here's mine:

Edwin II
129 Quarton Drive
Orange Park, FL 32073

I'm gonna try to hand-make some and send them out!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Has anyone gotten anything from me? I didn't get anything because the post office and/or my leasing office is terrible, but I sent mail to anyone who said they wrote me and a few others. :ohdear:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Sending out a couple of things tomorrow, heads up VA goons Meriruka & Panorama_change! If anyone has written me since July 20th or so, I apologize for not reporting in- I am not currently at my mailing address, but will be back this Wednesday or Thursday.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I hope to step up the postcard writing campaign again in another month or whenever I'm moved into my new place, but until then, could I get my address removed?

I've missed all of you wonderful people and your mail :3

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Has anyone gotten anything from me? I didn't get anything because the post office and/or my leasing office is terrible, but I sent mail to anyone who said they wrote me and a few others. :ohdear:

I have! I sincerely apologize for not mentioning it - I've been crazed with real life, and all of my extra time has been consumed with Animal Crossing. Word to the wise - do not start playing Animal Crossing if you ever want to see the outside of your house.

I'll get the list updated this week.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

13Pandora13 posted:

I did, indeed! I actually went out to the store and got you an :siren:awesome card:siren: to write a response on!! (Side note: I also received Team Lunch's card and got a different :siren:awesome card:siren: for a response!!) :buddy:

lamb posted:

...all of my extra time has been consumed with Animal Crossing. Word to the wise - do not start playing Animal Crossing

I fixed your last post for you :colbert:

(And now I'm wondering if I could find Animal Crossing cards to send you a letter...............)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I did get a letter from Kafka's Goldfish today! :woop:

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.

13Pandora13 posted:

I did get a letter from Kafka's Goldfish today! :woop:

ME TOO! It was in a pretty little mouse and frog card. Too Cute!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Team Lunch posted:

Sending out a couple of things tomorrow, heads up VA goons Meriruka & Panorama_change! If anyone has written me since July 20th or so, I apologize for not reporting in- I am not currently at my mailing address, but will be back this Wednesday or Thursday.

VA Goons!!
:respek:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I've updated the list to remove anyone who hasn't posted since May, and to add/update everyone. I think IU got everyone. If I missed you or I removed you and you want to be added back, just let me know!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Seriously we need to all go drinking at (in?) the fan. Mostly because I know exactly 0 people here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Count me in!

Frobro
13611 Farmbell Court
Herndon Va 20171