Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Andenno posted:

You can avoid maiming your teammate

I've never seen anyone even begin to approach trying this. I secretly think that's part of the game's charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Reiley posted:

I've never seen anyone even begin to approach trying this. I secretly think that's part of the game's charm.

Everybody forgets that you can just cancel the attack or hit the ground instead.

I'm a courteous knightman. :3:

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Everybody forgets that you can just cancel the attack or hit the ground instead.

I'm a courteous knightman. :3:

I can't count the number of times I've lined up a perfect swing when suddenly some hapless goob runs in front of me to get an easy kill, and I just barely avoid cutting their head off. And I just know that if I said gently caress it and went through him to slay my enemy, I'll get called a lovely LMB vanguard and votekicked. :argh:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Elth posted:

I can't count the number of times I've lined up a perfect swing when suddenly some hapless goob runs in front of me to get an easy kill, and I just barely avoid cutting their head off. And I just know that if I said gently caress it and went through him to slay my enemy, I'll get called a lovely LMB vanguard and votekicked. :argh:

I've literally never checked my swing and its really rare that anyone notices or cares

They do start giving you some space after a while though.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The usual response for (and from) me is "did you at least kill the other guy?"

"Yep."

"Good."

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
It makes it go down easier if it's for a good cause.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Kimiko posted:

Hey everyone! Welcome to our Friday Update!

Sorry, this was put out a little later than normal due to waiting for a couple of things!

* First off, we’re excited to give you a sneak peak on our new customization in game. Like we said previously, you can change the background pattern and colors of your outfit for both team play and FFA, as well as customize emblems. You can see nice close up views of your character and spin them around to see how it looks from all angles. You can choose which helm you’d like your character to wear from this screen as well.

Team:

FFA:

* Secondly, phase 4 of the beta build should have been online sometime tonight, however, Steam decided to be difficult at that exact moment, so most likely we’ll have to wait until Monday. Sorry! :( So to tide you over until it’s officially updated, here are a few fixes and alterations written up by SlyGoat, of what’s to come. Balance changes shall wait til’ Monday!

CU1 Patch 2 Beta 4 (Just a preview of what's to come!)

Fixes:
-Projectile stickies should work again.
-Assists now properly awarded to both teams.
-Alt slash tracers for fists draw properly.
-Projectile speed should no longer be influenced by framerate.

Alterations:
-Special daze length from 1.5 seconds to 2.
-Ranged weapons no longer flinch on hit (attack is canceled instead), and can now cancel attack at any time.
-One-handed bastard swords withut a shield now 'officially' supported; 1 will toggle between one-handed and two-handed, 3 will toggle shield if equipped.
-Vanguard sprint attack can now be rebound to a key other than mouse 1 to allow you to perform normal slash attacks with a sprint attack readied.

New experimental feint changes:
-Attack grunt will play in the last 200 ms of windup - beyond this point attacks may not be feinted.
-Combos can no longer be feinted.

Stamina drain changes:
-Stamina drain from parrying an attack is now locked between 8 and 25, from 7-35.
-Stamina drain more consistently based on relative weapon weight rather than damage.
-Less cases of minimum or maximum stamina drain outside of extreme circumstances like maul vs. dagger.

Chase boost changes:
-Chase boost now only activates against an enemies with their backs turned.
-Chase boost activates from further away.

Low stamina sounds updated:
-A wheezing sound will loop when you're under 30% stamina.
-Out of stamina grunt plays when you try to perform an action you don't have enough stamina for, rather than when you swing with 0 stamina.

More to come next week!

Kimiko; Community Manager

I'm not really looking forward to the chase boost changes, since I think that it's a loving stupid system in the first place, especially since it enables a Knight to outrun a MaA at an already ridiculous range. I think the stamina cost change will be for the better though, and will cut down on the number of Vanguard swinging Zweihanders literally nonstop.

Customization is pretty nice as well, now I can chop mans while being the prettiest princess on the battlefield :toot:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Man, have I been wrong about the Holy Water Sprinkler. You just have to remember not to treat it as a mace, but as a stick with a long nail at the end of it. The poke absolutely destroys everyone, and is really quick too.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Robot Randy posted:

I'm not really looking forward to the chase boost changes, since I think that it's a loving stupid system in the first place, especially since it enables a Knight to outrun a MaA at an already ridiculous range. I think the stamina cost change will be for the better though, and will cut down on the number of Vanguard swinging Zweihanders literally nonstop.

Thank you for posting the upcoming changelog! Some of that poo poo looks pretty awesome. I think the chase mechanic is pretty much exclusively in place because otherwise it would be far too easy for MAAs and especially Archers to just shoot and scoot for loving ever, giving the slower classes no chance of ever catching them. If you play LTS at all, enough loving idiots already try to just run for minutes at a time, forcing everyone who is dead to just sit and watch. It really sucks. MAA still has a mobility advantage from their dash, and now that the chase mechanic only works when someone has their back turned, an MAA can really out maneuvre a knight in a face-to-face sword fight.

At least, that's what will happen in theory.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Is there a better keybind I should make for the "dodge" mechanic? I'm constantly warcrying instead of dodging.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Blimpkin posted:

Is there a better keybind I should make for the "dodge" mechanic? I'm constantly warcrying instead of dodging.

I use the middle mouse button for dodges in all of my games.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I have it on one of my side mouse button, means I don't have to move any of my fingers off the direction keys to hit it. If you're short on mouse buttons you might be able to find a key that's used for an action that MMA doesn't get much use out of, like the arrow cam one.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Speaking of binds, I run into issues with my mouse wheel when trying to stab, it brings up the/a console? Is there a .cfg file I can change because when I first ran into that problem I couldn't find a setting in the menus.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I use caps lock for my dodge key, and caps lock itself is rebound to F13 on my machine.

I recommend anyone who plays anything more complicated than Modern Warfare do something like this - Caps Lock is in prime real estate on your keyboard and I'll bet you quite a bit you guys can't remember the last time you used it for its intended purpose.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Blimpkin posted:

Speaking of binds, I run into issues with my mouse wheel when trying to stab, it brings up the/a console? Is there a .cfg file I can change because when I first ran into that problem I couldn't find a setting in the menus.

Go to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\, open UDKInput.ini and change the binding at the end of the "ConsoleKey=" line. Here's a list of key names if you're looking for something specific: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html#Mappable%20keys

It keeps treating tilde as apostrophe for me so I've had to change it to something completely different.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
So apparently, if you have a shield equipped and it gets hit while idle, it will still damage you. Not only that, but it's counted as head damage. Great job, TB! :downsbravo:

It's being fixed in the next patch, but still.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Robot Randy posted:

So apparently, if you have a shield equipped and it gets hit while idle, it will still damage you. Not only that, but it's counted as head damage.

:stare: Wow, no wonder shields feel like a huge liability in melee.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Did the speed of the kick attack get nerfed in this game's life? I've been watching videos of top players on youtube and they are kicking people like no tomorrow (often just to annoy the opponent), but when I try it, it seems very very slow.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

40 OZ posted:

Did the speed of the kick attack get nerfed in this game's life? I've been watching videos of top players on youtube and they are kicking people like no tomorrow (often just to annoy the opponent), but when I try it, it seems very very slow.

It's probably because they are the best players. Frankly I'll have flashes where my Slash, Parry, Slash, Overhead combos leave me surrounded by my slain enemies like some sort of Greek Demigod of combat, but it's so unsustainable for me overall. Kicking is like that, sometimes I can land them and swoop in to chop off a head like its no problem. Other times I feel just silly. The game is like that.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Coolguye posted:

I use caps lock for my dodge key, and caps lock itself is rebound to F13 on my machine.

I recommend anyone who plays anything more complicated than Modern Warfare do something like this - Caps Lock is in prime real estate on your keyboard and I'll bet you quite a bit you guys can't remember the last time you used it for its intended purpose.

Today I got bad diarrhea but this post made it a good day after all. Thanks for this excellent advice.

The Pope
Feb 18, 2007
My server browser keeps tarding out not finding any servers. I have googled it and all the fixes don't work. The only thing that does is reinstalling the game every two days and that is annoying as hell.

Anybody got a fix for it? OS is windows 7 on a 64 bit cpu and a Radeon card .

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

The Pope posted:

My server browser keeps tarding out not finding any servers. I have googled it and all the fixes don't work. The only thing that does is reinstalling the game every two days and that is annoying as hell.

Same happens to me. Sometimes a game restart will fix it.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

I think the stamina cost change will be for the better though, and will cut down on the number of Vanguard swinging Zweihanders literally nonstop.

Thanks for the list, nice changes coming. But if you see a helicopter zweihander vanguard, just stay like 2 meters away and back out of all their swings. They'll be feinting and huffing and wheezing like they have asthma in like 20 seconds. Now the tornado maul knight, that is another matter...

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Game needs a vertically challenged mode

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

A few weeks ago I jumped from rank 17 suddenly to rank 37. I expected it to change back after a while but it didn't, it's still there. Now everybody expects me to be a skilled player even though my favorite activities in chiv are kicking teammates out of the spawnpoint and pointing out to my fellow players that the guillotine from the trebuchet/ships level is an anachronism in a medieval setting.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Shibawanko posted:

A few weeks ago I jumped from rank 17 suddenly to rank 37. I expected it to change back after a while but it didn't, it's still there. Now everybody expects me to be a skilled player even though my favorite activities in chiv are kicking teammates out of the spawnpoint and pointing out to my fellow players that the guillotine from the trebuchet/ships level is an anachronism in a medieval setting.

One of my favorite activities is actively buzzing teammates with overhead swings while saying "No!"

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Wait? There's a guillotine? It'd be awesome if you could get an environment kill with it.

I'm in head chopping, man stabbing withdrawal. RMAing my video card is taking an eternity.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Blimpkin posted:

One of my favorite activities is actively buzzing teammates with overhead swings while saying "No!"

My favorite vocalization has to be the vanguard's "have no fear, I AM HERE".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Shibawanko posted:

The Agatha vanguard's x-x-4 ("I'm sorry") vocalisations are also pro as gently caress.

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

"Stop looking at me like that, it's creepy"

:shepface:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
"WAAHAH AGHAUGH UAAGHA BLASPHEMY"

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

The Pope posted:

Have you tried changing server filters and pressing apply? Works for me when servers won't show up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Given the WotR/C:MW discussion that erupted at launch, I feel justified in noting that you sad bastard who, like me, bought C:MW after playing WotR and finding it lacking should give it another shot. They've done some balancing and while it's still a lot of m1m1m1 and flighty, it feels *better* in a hard to describe way.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
New patch is up. here's the changelog.

Bugs fixed:

Flinch not applying during weapon swap (will apply AFTER you swap weapons).
Counterattacks made off of feinted alt-swings transitioning into alt-swings.
Kick stun applying during shield drop rather than only active block.
Release flinch desyncing near the end of release.
Shields being able to exploit tap block to bypass deflected/parried state.
Projectile stickies not showing.
Pole Hammer sprint attack not moving you forward.
Several ballistae bugs.
Assists not being awarded properly.
Alt slash tracers for fist firing upwards.
Projectile speed being influenced by framerate.
Alt swing infinite combo.
King instantly respawning after death.
Random class assigning players to classes over the max amout on class-limited servers.
Vertical turn rate being uncapped in a windup or combo.
Tapping shield block when out of stamina not applying special daze properly.
Sling sometimes firing at minimum windup when the attack button is being held down.
Javelin and flail shield punch attacks using weird tracers.
Sprint causing you to slide forward during dodge and reload animations.
Light crossbow becoming unable to fire.
Rank limits not working for rank 0.
Removed some potentially abusive console commands.
Third person flinch animations playing on friendly fire despite friendly fire not causing flinch.
Respawn timer forcing you to the next wave if your spawn timer expires while you're in class or weapon select.
Special daze when an out of stamina player blocks a projectile.
Server request allowing hackers to spawn as a king.
Dodging while dazed or special dazed.
Release flinch working on allies.
Players being able to bypass forced respawns by entering a siege weapon.
"Hiding spot" in the lake on Moor.
Infinite objective points from burning a certain house repeatedly on Stoneshill.
Players floating into the air if they're kicked while jumping.
Possible desync when trying to combo with insufficient stamina.
Possible desync with counterattacks ("fake counterattacks").
Shield hitbox for inactive shields counting as headshot damage for melee weapons.
Sprint speed not resetting when flinched with toggle sprint active.
Server filters sometimes requiring a reset to change.
HTML tags in player names.
Vanguards being unable to throw torches with sprint attack readied.
Lead balls not being able to fire after refilling ammo.
Crouch-jumping getting you stuck in crouch.
Queued shield blocks not having a capped turn rate.

Mechanics:

Kick and shield bash hit detection now uses proper tracers and is more precise when on uneven terrain or against moving targets.
Kicks have a 1 second cooldown.
Charge system for kicks/shield bashes - tapping kick will perform a quick knockback and daze with no damage and a lower stamina cost, holding kick will do a slightly slower damaging kick with the ability to stun shield users.

Attacks cannot be feinted in the last 200 ms of windup (attack grunt will play at the start of this window).
Unable to parry for .4 seconds after a combo feint.
Combo feint stamina cost from 15 to 20.
Parries can now be combod into from an attack release the same way as attacks are combod, for 10 stamina.
Now able to parry in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina and does not allow counterattacks.

Being hit while wielding a ranged weapon no longer flinches, only cancels the attack.
Ranged weapons can be swapped away from or have their attack canceled at any time.

Chase boost now only activates against enemies with their backs turned.
Chase boost activates from further away.

Bonus stamina regeneration from crouching removed, base stamina regeneration increased.
New stamina drain values and absorption rates for all weapons (average stamina loss on parry generally lower, min-max values from 7-35 to 8-25)
A wheezing sound now loops when a player is under 30% stamina.
Out of stamina grunt will play when you try to perform an action you don't have enough stamina for, rather than when you swing with 0 stamina.

Alt swings have a .1 longer windup.
Special daze length from 1.5 to 2
Flinch for twohanders is now 1.1 instead of .8
After being flinched or parried, sprint is disabled for .5
Buckler animations redone to block less screen space.
When a match ends, the game no longer freezes. The losing team (or all players but the winner in FFA) are switched to fists.
Enemies have slightly larger collision than allies.

Archer:

Broad and Thrust Dagger size increased by 20%
Hunting Knife size increased by 40%
Thrusting Dagger overhead damage from 45 to 50 and stab from 40 to 45
Saber slash release from .4 to .375 combo from .6 to .575 and damage from 40 to 45
Saber overhead windup from .45 to .4 release from .4 to .35 and damage from 45 to 55
Saber stab windup from .4 to .45 and release from .4 to .35

Javelin shield punch attacks windup/release/recovery all .35/.3/.5.
Short spear stab windup/release/recovery from .45/.3/.55 to .4/.3/.5 and damage from 45 to 50
Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .4/.3/.65 to .425/.325/.55 and damage from 55 to 60
Heavy Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .5/.35/.7 to .45/.35/.6 and damage from 60 to 70
Javelin throw windup from .4 to .6
Javelin reload from .9 to .6
Small spear throw windup from .3 to .5
Small spear reload from .8 to .5
Heavy javelin throw windup from .5 to .65
Heavy javelin throw recovery from 1 to .65

Crossbow projectile speed from 7500-8000 to 8500-9000
Crossbow reload from 3.5 to 3
Light Crossbow projectile speed from 7000-7500 to 8000-8500
Light Crossbow reload from 2.5 to 2
Heavy Crossbow projectile speed from 8500-9000 to 9500-10000
Heavy Crossbow reload from 4.5 to 4
Crossbow head multiplier reduced to 1.75x from 2x (Heavy Crossbow will still one shot Knights to the head, but normal Crossbow will not)

Longbow movement speed when drawn from 60% to 75%
Shortbow movement speed when drawn from 75% to 90%
Bodkin Arrow damage type from Pierce to PierceBlunt
Shortbow Broadhead damage from 55 to 60
Shortbow Bodkin damage from 55 to 62
Longbow Broadhead damage from 75 to 83
Warbow Broadhead damage from 105 to 100
Warbow Bodkin damage from 105 to 116

Sling reload from 1 to .75
Pebble minimum windup from .5 to .3
Pebble minimum damage from 25 to 30
Pebble max damage from 45 to 50
Lead ball minimum windup from .7 to .6
Lead ball max damage from 55 to 70
Lead ball minimum damage from 30 to 25
Lead ball ammo count from 20 to 25

Man-at-Arms:

Dodge speed reduced by 10%
.3 cooldown on dodge.
Dodge disabled during windup and release.
Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)
Base speed increased by 10
Sprint acceleration increased by 33%
Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.
Firepot ground fire now ignites players who walk over it for 2 seconds.

Holy Water Sprinkler overhead windup/release/combo from .4/.4/.7 to .375/.35/.6
Holy Water Sprinkler slash release from .45 to .4 and combo from .7 to .6
Holy Water stab windup from .3 to .35 and recovery from .4 to .5
Flanged Mace stab windup from .3 to .35.
Flanged Mace slash damage from 65 to 64

Hatchet stab windup from .3 to .35.
Dane Axe overhead windup from .4 to .45

Falchion slash damage type from SwingBlunt to Swing.
Falchion slash damage from 70 to 65

Quarterstaff counts as onehanded when calculating attack stamina costs.
Quarterstaff slash windup from .425 to .4 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 40 to 45
Quarterstaff overhead windup from .45 to .425 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 45 to 50
Quarterstaff stab damage from 40 to 45

Vanguard:

Sprint attacks sped up by about 20%.
All sprint attack damage values set to 100.
Increased weapon knockback on all primaries.
Sprint attack key can now be rebound.
Smoke throw windup from 1 to .6

Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60
Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70
Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65

Bardiche slash windup/combo/release from .55/.7/.65 to .6/.75/.6
Bardiche overhead release from .7 to .6 and damage from SwingBlunt to Swing
Bardiche stab windup from .65 to .5 and release from .5 to .4
Polehammer slash damage from 70 to 80
Polehammer overhead damage from 75 to 105
Polehammer stab damage from 65 to 72
Polehammer overhead windup from .675 to .625
Polehammer slash and overhead combos from .8 to .75

Spear slash windup/recovery from .6/.7 to .425/.625 and damage from 40 to 30
Spear overhead windup from .7 to .725 and recovery from .75 to .725
Spear stab windup from .6 to .575, recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 60 to 55
Fork slash windup/release/recovery from .5/.6/.7 to .4/.375/.6 and damage from 35 to 25
Fork overhead recovery from .75 to .7
Fork stab windup from .5 to .475 recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 58 to 50
Brandistock slash windup/release/recovery from .6/.6/.7 to .45/.45/.65
Brandistock stab windup/release/recovery from .7/.4/.725 to .55/.35/.65 and damage from 60 to 65
Brandistock overhead damage from 90 to 95
(Not technically a Vanguard weapon, but close enough:)
Flag slash windup/release/recovery from .7/.65/.8 to .5/.45/.7
Flag overhead windup/release/recovery from .8/.55/.85 to .75/.5/.8 and damage from 58 to 70
Flag stab windup/release/recovery from .75/.5/.825 to .6/.4/.65

Knight:

Resistance to blunt reduced by 1% (Mace 2-shots Knights with overhead headshots, Maul 1-shots Knights with overhead headshot)
Knight swords now usable one-handed without a shield. Pressing "1" toggles between 1 and 2 handed, "3" toggles between shield and no shield.

Longsword overhead damage from 85 to 82
Longsword stab damage from 65 to 61
Longsword overhead windup/combo/release from .5/.65/.65 to .525/.675/.6
Longsword slash combo from .65 to .675
Sword of War overhead damage from 75 to 70
Sword of War stab damage from 75 to 68
Sword of War slash release from .6 to .525 and combo from .65 to .675
Sword of War overhead release from .6 to .525 and combo from .65 to .675
Sword of War stab release from .35 to .4 and combo from .65 to .675
Messer slash windup from .55 to .525 recovery from .9 to .8 and damage from 85 SwingBlunt to 99 Swing
Messer overhead combo/release/recovery from .75/.65/.85 to .7/.6/.8
Messer 1H slash release from .45 to .4 and damage from 70 SwingBlunt to 80 Swing
Messer 1H overhead combo from .75 to .7

Double Axe size increased 20%
Double Axe slash combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 85 to 90
Double Axe overhead combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 95 to 115
Bearded Axe slash windup/release/recovery from .425/.55/.8 to .475/.45/.7
Bearded Axe overhead windup/release/recovery from .425/.5/.8 to .475/.4/.7
Bearded Axe overhead damage from 87 to 90

Grand Mace slash damage from 90 to 80
Grand mace overhead windup from .5 to .525
Maul slash windup from .7 to .65 and recovery from 1.2 to 1.1
Maul overhead recovery from 1.2 to 1.1 and damage from 125 to 132

Flail slash windup from .55 to .5 release from .55 to .5 and damage from 55 to 60
Flail overhead release from .55 to .4 and damage from 65 to 70
Heavy Flail slash windup from .6 to .55 release from .6 to .55 and damage from 65 to 70
Heavy Flail overhead release from .6 to .45 and damage from 70 to 75

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Those blunt weapon buffs are something magical. :getin:

Seems like the Maul will be even more :fuckoff: than before, time to rekindle my love affair with the Knight.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
drat. They just keep nerfing the MAA. Should be interesting to see how badly they gimped him. I'm seeing a lot of vanguard improvement. Big surprise :rolleyes:

Edit: I guess the increase in base speed and sprint acceleration might counter the changes. I'm not wild about the holy water sprinkler being made slower and weaker. It's already laughably hard to use cause it's so drat short. Couple that with a reduced dodge seems like it'll be a terrible weapon to use as an MAA. It does look like the 25¢ staff might actually be of use now.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 26, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Given the WotR/C:MW discussion that erupted at launch, I feel justified in noting that you sad bastard who, like me, bought C:MW after playing WotR and finding it lacking should give it another shot. They've done some balancing and while it's still a lot of m1m1m1 and flighty, it feels *better* in a hard to describe way.

I had a friend playing the WotR beta and telling me how horrible it was so I never tried it. Than i randomly stumbled upon the last patchnotes in the steam community tab and read thea added handgonnes and as it was on sale I bought it. As you might have guessed, I'm bad at making decisions, but this is one I don't regret. Though the combat feels disconnected and weird sometimes, the battles in general have a more epic and medival feel to them than in Chivalry.
Especially when you have that nice butcher-fest after a won encounter where everyone is executing the fallen enemies. Now if they could somehow merge the superior weapon interaction of C:MW with the overall flair, feel and customization of WotR, that would probably be the last game about medival warfare anyone ever had to buy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
YET STILL they don't fix the god drat norse.

Thrusting Dagger overhead damage from 45 to 50 and stab from 40 to 45 This pleases me

Also didn't fix a lot of capped turn rates when in third person not applying.

Best vocalization will forever be mason archers: Dohohohoho!

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 26, 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

My favorite thing about the WotR/C:MW split is that, for the longest time, I had both threads bookmarked because I was interested in them both (I played the WotR Beta).

For the longest time, Chivalry would get upwards a hundred new posts a day, while the WotR thread couldn't break 50 in a week and half of those posts were "No but the game is really good guys!" and maybe 3 or 4 regulars posted for more than a week at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Chiv is better.

WotR didn't work for me and when it finally did work it sucked.

• Locked thread