Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So Noisemaster has another side to him... but it's one he keeps hidden even from his boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I wouldn't be surprised if Double Night knows all about Noisemaster's darker side (as it were) already. The sudden lack of all that bright colour is a damned nice touch and is a good visual representation that he's not just messing around now at least. Hopefully he's also going to be competent now but just how competent remains to be seen.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
At least he managed to catch the princess first before the kingdom figured out he was in the area. Then again, Splashmaster's not smart and just did whatever made sense at the time.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I'm thinking maybe that some of the more intelligent Disaster Masters are sick as hell of constantly having to fight this legendary hero or whatever. Splashmaster's an idiot, but in that last panel Noisemaster just seems...tired.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

majormonotone posted:

I'm thinking maybe that some of the more intelligent Disaster Masters are sick as hell of constantly having to fight this legendary hero or whatever. Splashmaster's an idiot, but in that last panel Noisemaster just seems...tired.

Reincarnation's a real bitch, man. Ya boy is tired of being in an orb for a hundred years at a time.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is a good page, it shows there's a lot more to Noisemaster then just his "gimmick"

majormonotone posted:

Thinking about it, it's possible that his entire persona is just a way of dealing with this constant cycle.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know the expression in Panel 4 is supposed to be a menacing angry eye, but all I can see when I look at it is a :buddy:-style smiley face. Draw a couple cartoon eyes above it and you basically have Jack Frost from Persona. I think it's the zigzaggy popped-collar thing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Cucumber Quest is one of the few webcomics I still bother following, and decided to make some fanmusic for it. Hope you guys like it!

The idea is making a song for each Princess of Dreamside as they’re introduced, and then stringing them together into a medley. Here’s Nautilus, and at the end you can here a bit of Princess Piano’s eventual theme. Parfait will probably be at the end, because something so offensively French will have to have sufficient buildup.

I tried to make it cheery and happy, since it's Nautilus, but I tried to make it at least a little regal and professional too. I mean, she is a princess.

It'll probably be forever until we learn all of the princesses, but WHATEVER MAN.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 27, 2013

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-358/

Time for a history lesson.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This is stylish as gently caress, I love it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I was just thinking it was time for a new banner, and hey what do you know. :stare:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I was idly browsing the character page and now I totally can't remember if Princess Parfait and Saturday have ever been in the same place at the same time.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
That top banner to classy as all get out.
Really, this whole segment is going to look amazing, isn't it? I mean, it already always looks great but this section...

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I was idly browsing the character page and now I totally can't remember if Princess Parfait and Saturday have ever been in the same place at the same time.

I don't see that much of a resemblance between them. If we ever do see an alter ego for Saturday she'll probably be pretty obvious since domino masks just don't do a great job of hiding your identity.

Of course initially the only person who picks up on it will be Cucumber, while everyone else follows narrative tropes and is completely shocked when the truth finally comes out.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-359/

We have now officially entered the update zone.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I can't see that half rest in the title as anything other than a little Hitler 'stache for Princess Piano.

vvvvvv Hetty supremacy! :sparkles:

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 2, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no, the Oracle made the wall? That doesn't bode well.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Mister Grizzly Gum, tare down the wall!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-360/

Good thing they're flying.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Until it's revealed that Cosmo's the one who designed the ocarina balloon.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-361/

I spoke too soon.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-362/

poo poo, who spilled something on the page.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

More color-as-sound techniques. It's not just the monochrome, but also the blur. It's not just silent here on top of the soundproof wall - it's muffled.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Goodness, the other side of the wall is *gasp* a 1920s cartoon!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

TwoPair posted:

Goodness, the other side of the wall is *gasp* a 1920s cartoon!
The ghosts of Felix the Cat and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit are vengeful indeed.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Going from the beautifully garish Noisemaster pages to grayscale is the saddest thing.

I also hope that everyone becomes horribly incompetent like in the black-and-white world of tv commercials.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-363/

Shut up, Bacon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I disagree, most astute thing the bampot's said all comic.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-364/

Seems all is not well with the BLT trio.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Bacon is great :allears:

I get the feeling he's going to blunder his way into importance.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I hope bacon ends up being the next party member.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bacon turns out to be a mastermind.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Tomato needs to be punched in the face in every strip he shows up in. :argh:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Tomato needs to be punched in the face in every strip he shows up in. :argh:

Punched in the face with my lips. ;-*

Bacon's the cutest bunnymans.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hetty's evil manifests itself in her evil plans and her tastes in evil men.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

heenato posted:

I hope bacon ends up being the next party member.

He'll be the Vivian of the group.

...Which raises some interesting questions, considering the Japanese version...

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

He can't do this! Whoever heard of a lettuce and tomato sandwich?!

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Superstring posted:

He can't do this! Whoever heard of a lettuce and tomato sandwich?!

He'll just set out on his own and become a Bacon Sandwich.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I dunno. I mean, we've got cucumbers, carrots, some almonds. Add a little bit of bacon and we've got the beginnings of a good salad.

Nautilus, umm...she can be the bowl. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Almond slivers and bits of bacon would probably compete with each other as a topping instead of complementing one another. An almond oil based dressing could work though.