Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Maybe I've lost something but why we calling josuke gappy?

His teeth, as shown on the latest chapter's title page.

So was that Lucy Steel with the American pursuers? Can't be sure with Araki's sameface. Also, Johnny's fashion sense died before him. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tobaccrow posted:

ASB League started this morning. Which is a tournament of AI matches that will also feature characters that haven't been announced yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8adHXwNWs
Buccellatti Vs. Josuke and Jonathan Vs. Dio

The music sounds so much like the music from the Naruto games it's not even funny. Chiyako Fukuda is a good composer though, I just hope more tracks in the game have a more... well, diverse style. I liked the unique dialogue between Jonathan and Dio a lot. The gameplay looks okay, so I've got some hopes, but I don't really see it being anything spectacular.

Also, is there any place I can buy the limited edition that isn't sold out? I can't believe this thing is still selling out and we're two months away from the game's release, I WANT MY JOTARO FIGURE DAMMIT.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I think Johnny used Tusk to somehow direct to corpse's power onto him to ensure there wasn't anymore monkey paw business with who received the disease. Then he did something to crush his own head with the rock to seal the deal and prevent somebody like his wife or Lucy from trying to use the corpse to save him, although they seem to be implying that Lucy is smart enough to not abuse to power of the corpse.

As for where the corpse is now, it's either still in Morioh and Lucy took a fake corpse back unknowingly or if it really is back in America, then possibly Soft and Wet was used to steal something away from the corpse. I'm pretty convinced that Soft and Wet can steal a lot more than Gappy realizes and his amnesia is preventing him from knowing the true extent of it's powers.

My prediction for the guy in the tree is it's Joushuu's father's stand.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also, is there any place I can buy the limited edition that isn't sold out? I can't believe this thing is still selling out and we're two months away from the game's release, I WANT MY JOTARO FIGURE DAMMIT.

Considering the popularity of Jojo in Japan and the stuff you get with it, I would not be surprised if it was one of the fastest selling collectors editions in Japan.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 20, 2013

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

Maybe I've lost something but why we calling josuke gappy?

It is a molestation scene, it looked dirty and unconfortable

Maybe it's because I just reread that portion of steel ball run, but it reminded me of the Lucy Steel/President groping part and felt overused.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I'm a day late and a dollar short, but my scanlation of chapter 22 is up, for those of you who like your 「brackets」 as accurately reproduced as possible.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I think Johnny used Tusk to somehow direct to corpse's power onto him to ensure there wasn't anymore monkey paw business with who received the disease. Then he did something to crush his own head with the rock to seal the deal and prevent somebody like his wife or Lucy from trying to use the corpse to save him, although they seem to be implying that Lucy is smart enough to not abuse to power of the corpse.
Looks to me like the leaves' "instant transmission" might be a remnant of the corpse's power. Johnny put George on top of the corpse and "shot" at both of them- causing the corpse to reflect both the Tusk-shot and disease back at Johnny. And then it put a rock on his head for good measure?? The corpse is more or less an autonomous stand in and of itself, it spawning other stands like the ginkgo leaves doesn't seem too far-fetched.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
Interesting how the corpse is specified to be able to "remove" things, and now every higashitaka stand power we've been introduced to has had a removal component. Gappy's all purpose removal bubbles, Daiya's memory removal, Joshuu's body part removal...

Also, after seeing after this chapter, part of me is trying to draw a connection to the mobile holes Tusk fires and the Wall Eyes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

4 new characters announced for ASB.

Melone, Emporio, Daniel D'arby, and :siren:SPEEDWAGON:siren:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently they are just announcers. Reading the character list I see a bunch of cool villains missing (I don't think any from part 7). At the very least I want Funny valentines and Pucci. Maybe 'dinosaur solider' Dio while they're at it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know it might not happen, but I want Diego to have a special where he's pulled through D4C and becomes Diego Brando From Another World.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Waffleman_ posted:

Even Speedwagon is included! :D

Edit: I hope Diego, Sandman, Pucci, F.F., Valentine, Blackmore, Mountain Tim, Old Joseph and Abbachio make it in. Though it seems from what some people are saying, they're done adding playable Part 5 characters and that Cioccolata is a stage hazard.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 22, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

quote:

Daniel J. D’Arby: First appeared as a villain in Part III: Stardust Crusaders. D’Arby has the ability to turn his opponents into coins. His younger brother Telence
Why do they do this? Not to start another name debate, but..."Terence" is an actual name, for crying out loud.

Also Babyface could be a cool stage hazard if that's what they're planning.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 22, 2013

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

DrManiac posted:

Apparently they are just announcers.

I wonder if you can choose or its randomized, Speedwagon always on.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vagithug posted:

I wonder if you can choose or its randomized, Speedwagon always on.

I'd assume it depends on the stage.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Melone seems like such an odd choice. I thought I even heard he was one of the most disliked characters in the entirety of the series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tobaccrow posted:

Melone seems like such an odd choice. I thought I even heard he was one of the most disliked characters in the entirety of the series.

Your sure I heard he was pretty well liked.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

You can take all your ASB needs to HERE. I believe I covered most of the Good Stuff for the fight game, though suggestions would be most handy for me!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can we still post the new revealed characters here?

Because Part 1 Dio and Pucci got announced!

Many breads will be eaten.

URRRYYYYY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So I was thinking about possible VAs the other day, and the one that stuck out in my mind is casting Nobuyuki Hiyama as Diego. It just feels right. Wanna hear Link summon The World.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

So I was thinking about possible VAs the other day, and the one that stuck out in my mind is casting Nobuyuki Hiyama as Diego. It just feels right. Wanna hear Link summon The World.
As much as I like Nobuyuki Hiyama in anything and everything, they'd almost certainly get Koyasu Takehito to voice him for parallels to part 1 and such, provided we see Diego in this game/the sequel or a Part 7 anime in any reasonable amount of time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But see, I think that Diego is a different enough character to justify a different voice. That's just me, though.

E: I mean, Johnny and Jonathan don't share the same voice, and they're a parallel.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

But see, I think that Diego is a different enough character to justify a different voice. That's just me, though.

E: I mean, Johnny and Jonathan don't share the same voice, and they're a parallel.
Ah, see I didn't consider the fact that the Jonathan and Johnny parallel was already accounted for in the game. In that case I'm thoroughly on board the Nobuyuki-Diego Dinosaur Train.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I wonder who'd play Valentine? I could see Jouji Nakata doing it...

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Pucci's ability: Overclock the PS3 so fast that it overheats and has to reset.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Pucci can open the disc tray of your opponent's PS3.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
And insert a different game!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was looking over some rumored character lists since Pucci and Dio were announced, and while most of them have way too many Part 5 characters for me to (want to) believe them, I do hope F.F. and especially Lisa Lisa make it in. While F.F. has a good chance of making it in being a main character in Stone Ocean, it's more possible that Lisa Lisa may be left out and that would be a real shame considering how cool she was and how few female characters they have to choose from.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Seconding the call for F.F. and Lisa Lisa but I also hope Trish and Spice Girl make it in. Still annoys how little they got to do during part 5.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Flython posted:

Seconding the call for F.F. and Lisa Lisa but I also hope Trish and Spice Girl make it in. Still annoys how little they got to do during part 5.

Oh man, I'd nearly forgotten about her. Spice Girl would be pretty rad. She could shoot the ground and lay some forced jump traps or something.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh man, I'd nearly forgotten about her. Spice Girl would be pretty rad. She could shoot the ground and lay some forced jump traps or something.

Yeah you could do some really cool stuff with her stand powers. I really like her design too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Someone translated the Famitsu page revealing OG Dio and Pucci:

http://i.imgur.com/P0yIMDk.jpg

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable hasn't been fully retranslated/recleaned yet right?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Ineffiable posted:

Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable hasn't been fully retranslated/recleaned yet right?
AFAIK it hasn't. I get updates from here.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It hasn't. I just finished the non-Duwang post of it myself.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I got tired of waiting and read Part 4 in glorious Duwang anyway. Hilariously, they realize their mistake midway through and revert to Morioh.

Well worth it for me. Absolutely blown away by everything, really. It sticks out as the least impressive arc on paper (as it's set in a town and the main characters are "normal" high schoolers) but the way everything fit was perfect.

And once the proper translations finish, I'll read it again!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Comparisons between Fifth trailer of All Star Battle and manga scenes!

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://i.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21241154

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
So I just started Part 5 today (I really liked Part 4, I should have read it a lot sooner!) and I noticed that in the group picture Jotaro is looking at from Part 3, Polnareff seems to be cradling Joseph's chin in his hand for some reason?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
He's just jealous of Joseph's awesome beard.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm suddenly reminded of Jotaro's line in JJBA Abridged ep7: "Just look at that chin, that f***ing chin! Do you realise how many bitches he's gotten with that chin? He's f***ing Chuck Norris! He's what Chuck Norris looks under the bed for!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
Joseph isn't bothered, but Iggy doesn't look too happy about it. He's giving Polnareff a look somewhere between :raise: and "if that hand comes any closer to me, I'm getting the gently caress out of here."

• Locked thread