Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

56k posted:

So If u have beaten the game. Became lvl 50. Have no intentions of getting any DLC. Is there any replay value? Besides friends and parties and restarting characters.

despite the fact that you don't care about it, the replay value exists, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

56k posted:

So If u have beaten the game. Became lvl 50. Have no intentions of getting any DLC. Is there any replay value? Besides friends and parties and restarting characters.

It seems you don't give much of a poo poo about this game, its replay value is pretty much based around getting better weapons by fighting bosses and restarting again as different people, not buying the DLC means you are only gimping yourself in the replay value part.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

56k posted:

Sadly, I feel that lvl50 is the endgame without any of the expansions. The UVHM game mode allows you to find MUCH more powerful weaponry than any of the highest lvl50 legendaries. In addition, there's a decent enough challenge when you feel that you've reached your character's progression zenith. I keep finding new lines of dialogue in the DLC that entertains me much more than it should.
I keep finding storylines and references in other areas of a sidequest that I can't help but be impressed.
If you want to get the most of this game, ANY of the DLC is well worth the purchase.

edit:

Finished Tina's Assault last night after attempting to delay the story progress as much as possible. Hardly any sidequests were taken, I just did my best to plod along and slowly soak in all the enchanting scenery and dialogue. The ending was far superior to the actual game, and I honestly felt this was the best performance from the VA team. If they came back to record just these lines, I'd be sorely disappointed that Gearbox didn't harvest more dialogue for their characters while the going was good. This was a really keen reminder that Gearbox can accomplish grand things and gives me high hopes for future content.
While I probably missed a good chunk of their subtle references, the ones I got were very well thought-out and a good mix-in with the FART jokes. Location names, vending machines, respawn teleporters, even the mobile dirigibles circling some areas of the skies - it's all a very beautiful environment and I feel like they really knocked this out of the park.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 27, 2013

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Also, if you buy the Torgue DLC you'll learn the answer to the question "EXPLOSIONS?"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Also, if you buy the Torgue DLC you'll learn the answer to the question "EXPLOSIONS?"

Many believe this to be "yes" or "EXPLOSIONS!!" but, in truth, the answer to "EXPLOSIONS?" is this:

:torgue::torgue:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wailing depths, the four platform trap, I've used 2M$ on dying again and again and again and please tell me that there is another way to do this.

edit: Second platform, I cannot get to the third without being crushed by the ceiling or other platform.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Spergminer posted:

Wailing depths, the four platform trap, I've used 2M$ on dying again and again and again and please tell me that there is another way to do this.

edit: Second platform, I cannot get to the third without being crushed by the ceiling or other platform.

Just sprint forward. That's all it took.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I am Reverend posted:

Is there any particular place that can be farmed for the new class mods? I found a badass Gunzerker mod with +6 Money Shot, +5 Sexual Tyrannosaurus and bonus crit damage in some chest, but that's the only one I've come across so far.

If you don't mind restarting UVHM over again, the "Grendel" mission in the Pirate's Booty Dlc gives you a choice of two Blue rarity COMs for your character.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Spergminer posted:

I had this exact same problem. Died over and over and over again until finally I timed the platforms rising and falling and managed to get through just barely. Pretty loving horrible area!

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

Spergminer posted:

Move across the platform then hide under its ledge till the next platform is low enough to move across.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Duke posted:

I had this exact same problem. Died over and over and over again until finally I timed the platforms rising and falling and managed to get through just barely. Pretty loving horrible area!

Closed the game and restarted it, and completed it in first try. I guess one of them was out of sync, because there was no room to go from platform 2 -> 3. :shrug:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spergminer posted:

Platforms 1 and 3 are in sync, as are 2 and 4. The 2 sets of platforms go at 2 different speeds, so you do have to sit there and watch them for a couple cycles until you have them where you want.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I know my post up there was lame. I really like this game but keep hoping that there is more to it than I have found so far.

Vault hunting is really cool. I like tracing back the electrical cords to shut off the power and open the chests, but there seems to never be any good gear in the chests when you open them.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, kinda made the mistake of actually finishing that dwarven beard quest on my commando. On my gunzerker, I will not make that mistake. I had no idea that the grog nozzle is only a quest weapon.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
honestly, that's about all there is to it. unless you like the idea of playing through several times, or starting new characters, getting OCD over 1000000000 guns, tweaking builds, or helping friends get through it there isn't a whole lot else. elite gear is sporadic, mobs only get harder and more bullet spongey and sometimes quest rewards are crap.

really though, how can anyone not play this game 5x a week?

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006
I realized I made the mistake of asking for help right when the DLC came out...hope you guys are enjoying it and I will be purchasing it soon. In the meantime though I would still be very grateful if any goons could dupe me some legendary gear. I love playing as a shock mechro but without any high level stuff I cannot for the life of me solo any of the raid bosses, and as such have not had any success finding good gear. I'm level 50 and would like to be able to kill some raid bosses before trudging into UVHM/ grabbing the DLC and playing through that.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

broken boy soldier posted:

I realized I made the mistake of asking for help right when the DLC came out...hope you guys are enjoying it and I will be purchasing it soon. In the meantime though I would still be very grateful if any goons could dupe me some legendary gear. I love playing as a shock mechro but without any high level stuff I cannot for the life of me solo any of the raid bosses, and as such have not had any success finding good gear. I'm level 50 and would like to be able to kill some raid bosses before trudging into UVHM/ grabbing the DLC and playing through that.

360? i think i still have some. ashekaban on xbox and i can give you a hand at some point, i will be micless as theres some construction stuff going on around the house. just lemme know what exactly you are looking for

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Are you the dude I talked to yesterday?
I'm finding it pretty common that I can't join other people's games unless they restart their router. Then, I'm able to drop in/out whenever I please.
Definitely hit me up tonight for any gear. xbox gt:r0bertc0p

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006

Ashekaban posted:

360? i think i still have some. ashekaban on xbox and i can give you a hand at some point, i will be micless as theres some construction stuff going on around the house. just lemme know what exactly you are looking for

Yep 360 GT is Kcuzzz85, I will shoot you a message when I go online here in a bit. I do not have a mic either so that will work out well. Basically looking for things like a shock infinity, DP Unkempt Harold, Legendary Class Mod, etc. Any help at all would really be beneficial and could give me that boost i need, plus I really just want to try out some cool orange guns.

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006

Jake Blues posted:

Are you the dude I talked to yesterday?
I'm finding it pretty common that I can't join other people's games unless they restart their router. Then, I'm able to drop in/out whenever I please.
Definitely hit me up tonight for any gear. xbox gt:r0bertc0p

Didn't play yesterday so nope but I appreciate the offer. I will add you asap and hit you up tonight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Didn't play yesterday so nope but I appreciate the offer. I will add you asap and hit you up tonight.

If you need some level 50 things, I still have a few things leftover in my bank I can dupe for you. GT is in profile. I'm also looking for various level 61 legendary stuff. Odds are I will want it if you have it.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

If you need some level 50 things, I still have a few things leftover in my bank I can dupe for you. GT is in profile. I'm also looking for various level 61 legendary stuff. Odds are I will want it if you have it.

Hey buddy, I bet I've got something for you. And I could probably use some lvl50s for capping off my other characters.
Let's jam tonight! :hfive:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I dunno if it's in high demand or not but if anyone doesn't have the "SIR YES SIR YES SIR" skin for krieg (the skin you get for crouching tiger, hidden assault rifle), I've got one I'm not using. Game glitched out on me and gave me a copy after I had banked it. Just join on me and I'll drop it for you so you can use it for future duping purposes.

GT: Offshoretoast.

Edit: Better yet, just send me a message.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 27, 2013

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Okay here are all the level 50 legendaries/seraphs I have (the x# indicates how many I have):

Bitch, Conference Call (x3 all non elemental), Volcano, The Bee (x2), Actualizer, DP Harold, Hellfire, Striker, Nukem, Maggie (x3), Babymaker, Blood of Terramorphous, Slayer of Terramorphous (Siren), Homing Fire Bee, Bonus Package, Deliverance, Slagga, Blood of the Seraphs, Impaler.

I don't have as many level 61 legendary weapons unfortunately!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The badass round of magic slaughter can suck a dick.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So if the Ogre is a Torgue legenedary and it can supposedly found all over the place does that mean it can spawn in the Torgue vending machines? I can't be assed to farm the aptly named Warlord Slog for one where if you gently caress up you have to redo all the waves.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kifisonfire posted:

The badass round of magic slaughter can suck a dick.

I joined Marogareh during Round 5 of the Magic Slaughter, and for the Dragons raid boss, and went from having $7m to $3.1m. All that stuff can burn in hell. I might just cheese it for the trophies in TVHM with an overpowered level 61 character so I can enjoy the scenery and environment while not worrying about one-shot kills and insta-death spike traps.

Also what is this extra half a gig of additional content that is currently downloading? I figured the 1.7GB that Dragon Keep would be kind of the end of it

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 28, 2013

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Uh, holy poo poo. I was just looking for the season pass on sale and this came up at amazon.

quote:

Digital Games Deal of the Week: Borderlands Bundle + More
From June 27 - July 3, get our Borderlands Bundle, featuring Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 + Borderlands 2 Season Pass for just $21.99

https://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-Borderlands-Bundleganza-Download/dp/B00D8FUHFC/

Edit: Hurr, sorry didn't realize this is just PC, but still, awesome!

JayJay fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 28, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been thinking about switching to the PC version since the PS3 version is pretty poo poo performance with any more than one player, but I don't have any confidence that my (somewhat gaming capable) laptop will get any better. It's really up and down on modern games.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Just caved on the DLC. First time I've clicked the menu for it and holy poo poo there is a bunch of stuff in there.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been thinking about switching to the PC version since the PS3 version is pretty poo poo performance with any more than one player, but I don't have any confidence that my (somewhat gaming capable) laptop will get any better. It's really up and down on modern games.

The game is ported extremely well with an extensive graphical options menu. I'm running it on a pretty new midrange (non-gaming) laptop on maxxed settings without issue.

At the very least you should be able to get it looking at least as nice as the PS3 version.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Pros and cons of Dragon Keep raid boss (spoiler: it's motherfucking dragons):

Pros: At least there are no novas?

Cons: Any group of monsters in which one has 'Heal' in its name is not a good sign. and the fire one... whoever at Gearbox decided he should be able set the whole bloody floor of the arena on fire needs a swift kick in the crotch

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Pros and cons of Dragon Keep raid boss (spoiler: it's motherfucking dragons):

Pros: At least there are no novas?

Cons: Any group of monsters in which one has 'Heal' in its name is not a good sign. and the fire one... whoever at Gearbox decided he should be able set the whole bloody floor of the arena on fire needs a swift kick in the crotch

Fire dragon is a must to kill first. It alone can take down an entire party with its floor-fire once it's only 2 dragons left. Marogareh and I ended up defeating them after you left, but they were still a pain in the rear end.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
So the weapon from Critical Fail was a nice upgrade but how random is the ability because i've had it trigger i think three times now?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

Fire dragon is a must to kill first. It alone can take down an entire party with its floor-fire once it's only 2 dragons left. Marogareh and I ended up defeating them after you left, but they were still a pain in the rear end.

I'm just gonna cheese that fight on TVHM and call it done, unless it drops nothing but orange, purple, pearl and Seraph guns and piles and piles of Eridium.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Does the sacrificial altar in the dragon keep have any pattern or rules to it?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Geokinesis posted:

Does the sacrificial altar in the dragon keep have any pattern or rules to it?
Not that I can tell. It just seems random in what it spawns, regardless of what you give it.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Gigantic :doh: last night when I found out the DLC was in the travel station list. It took me like two hours to realize that. Did I blatantly miss access directions? I only checked out up until the first skeleton encounter. Gonna soak it in over the weekend. Opening cutscene was cool and the D&D narrative idea owns. Really looking forward to what they do with it.

I bought the UVHM too.
Since I have UVHM unlocked, can I gain EXP in other difficulty settings?

UHVM has a reset feature. Does that just reset all missions and bring you back to the beginning? Does it reset any stats or EXP? Or is there something else it does?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

56k posted:

Since I have UVHM unlocked, can I gain EXP in other difficulty settings?

UHVM has a reset feature. Does that just reset all missions and bring you back to the beginning? Does it reset any stats or EXP? Or is there something else it does?

You can continue to level up in Normal and TVHM modes with the expansion added, but you will not get anywhere near the volume of XP in TVHM if your character is above lvl50. You have better chances grinding through UVHM at that point.

You can reset any quest you've already completed, and do things again. This allows you to farm specific quests for specific loot drops. I don't believe you lose any XP or stats when resetting a completed quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Does reset let you pick what you want to reset or does it reset the whole thing?

• Locked thread