Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

travisray2004 posted:

Have any of you ST owners cross-shopped with the Veloster Turbo? If so, what made you decide on the ST?
I haven't driven the ST but I really enjoyed the Veloster Turbo I test drove.

The big step up in hp must be a major factor, right? Not to mention the mediocre handling reviews for the Veloster Turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The ST will also turn in on throttle lift like you wouldn't believe. It's the angriest little FWD. :3:

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Rhyno posted:

Fine! You jerks go start an ST thread!

Seriously though, I did suggest we start a hatchback thread since the wagon guys got all butt hurt and elitist.

As a lurker, I'd love to see an ST thread. I'm looking at buying a car in the next few months and I have my eyes set on a Fiesta ST.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

DropShadow posted:

There's a very clear line between wagon & hatchback, and it's the D-pillar. :colbert:

Counting pillars doesn't always work out

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I drive a passat. I miss winter already :(

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Despair posted:

I drive a passat. I miss winter already :(

4Motion?

I have to say, my Peugeot really surprised me with its handling, especially in slippery conditions. Very similar to the Passat, decent-sized FWD family car, but it doesn't understeer unless you really yank the steering wheel like a monkey. Turns in really well on throttle lift, too.

So much more fun to drive in the snow than the Panda, which was painfully FWD all the way through. Probably like 75% of the weight on the front axle didn't help matters, either.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

-00 Passat 1.8t

This is my current poo poo heap. Less rust than the S40 I had before it, but more electrical gremlins instead (central locking). Some day I'm going to buy a car in decent shape. At least it was cheap. ~$1900 USD :(

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

DropShadow posted:

Honestly, you don't want a base S4, because then you'd be kicking yourself for not spending more for the sport diff, drive select, Nav, etc., etc. Your A4 is nice.

edit: Whoops, meant to combine these two posts.

Dropshadow here is largely correct. I settled at the Premium+ as opposed to going to Prestige because I knew I wouldn't use the DriveSelect suspension (as ripping stock suspension out is one of the first things I tend to do), and I didn't care much for the other features it offered. I of course got caught up in the options and added comfort access, sport diff, NAV, carbon fibre interior trim, 19" wheels (which was a total waste because the second thing I tend to do with new cars is new wheels) and the B&O audio (which is so drat good).

A4 is a hell of a car though, I've got a couple of friends with them and they're all quite happy with them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yesterday I flew to Connecticut to look at a car. It was better than expected and is now settled in the garage awaiting a full detail after a 800 mile road trip and a quick wash. Sorry for the lovely cell phone shot after a quick wash, better pictures once it's really clean.

1988 BMW M3 with 80k miles. One previous owner, all original everything. It's amazing and I can't stop smiling.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

When I win the lottery I'll have an E30 M3 in my garage of many fancy cars.

I can't believe they've appreciated so much. I could've bought a similar one in about 2006 or 7 for like $15k.

Awesome ride man, add another mark in the "jealous as hell" column.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
Just bought this a couple weeks ago, god drat do I love it!

2005 Baja Sport 5MT. Had to go halfway across the state to buy it but holy poo poo it was worth it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

NurSpec posted:

Just bought this a couple weeks ago, god drat do I love it!

2005 Baja Sport 5MT. Had to go halfway across the state to buy it but holy poo poo it was worth it.

Lemmme guess... you paid brand-new MSRP, didn't you? :v:

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Mexicans love slab Impalas.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Friar Zucchini posted:

I went and looked in Ontario after he posted. There's three available, all over 100k miles, and all priced at/above $10K. :smith:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The ST will also turn in on throttle lift like you wouldn't believe. It's the angriest little FWD. :3:

I've heard this. The ST is going to be the #1 reason people learn left foot braking.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!

Friar Zucchini posted:

Ha, hardly. Even got it for ~$500 below book. :smugbert:

Sockington posted:

I went and looked in Ontario after he posted. There's three available, all over 100k miles, and all priced at/above $10K. :smith:

Yeah, ended up paying a little under $10K OTD. It does have over 100k miles, however they did all of the services when they took it in. (head gaskets, clutch, timing belt, all that regular Subaru stuff)
Glad I bought from a Subaru dealer, I guess.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InstantInfidel posted:

trying to find a nice vintage-looking receiver

http://www.beckerautosound.com/

Indecision1991
Sep 13, 2012
2011 Chrysler 300 Limited, completely stock besides the tinted windows. This is after a very,very thorough wash with me and a friend. IMO too much chrome but it was like that at the dealership and I am too lazy to remove it.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Indecision1991 posted:

2011 Chrysler 300 Limited, completely stock besides the tinted windows. This is after a very,very thorough wash with me and a friend. IMO too much chrome but it was like that at the dealership and I am too lazy to remove it.

Great looking car; IMO the chrome is essential

Indecision1991
Sep 13, 2012

Admirable Gusto posted:

Great looking car; IMO the chrome is essential

I thought so at the beginning when I wanted to be flashy and make sure people see me since I got it in 2011 at 20, but now while I still love the car it seems like too much. TBH I am kinda looking to see what the new mustang looks like. I am a big fella (6'5'', 300lb) so the 300 is perfect for my size.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If you just replaced the chrome wheels with something a little more subdued I think you would be fine. It looks sharp.

Indecision1991
Sep 13, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If you just replaced the chrome wheels with something a little more subdued I think you would be fine. It looks sharp.

Thinking of that, at the same time I am trying to save up money for potentially getting the refreshed mustang in a few years and the 1k+ I would drop on wheels would be a good chunk of a down payment. I like the space and smooth ride my car offers but sometimes I want to go fast and a mustang gt would do that for me.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Picked up a 2000 528i yesterday.

I was looking more for a 540i sedan but it's almost impossible to find a non-trashed E39 for sale in Brooklyn. I got a screaming deal on it that should cover repairs from a body shop and everything else it needs with some to spare.

Indecision1991
Sep 13, 2012

NOTinuyasha posted:

I was looking more for a 540i sedan but it's almost impossible to find a non-trashed E39 for sale in Brooklyn. I got a screaming deal on it that should cover repairs from a body shop and everything else it needs with some to spare.

Beautiful car, I love me some wagons. What sort of repairs does it need?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Indecision1991 posted:

2011 Chrysler 300 Limited

Love the refresh of the 300, great looking car and a lot of fun if you opt for the 300C with the Hemi. Like KYOON GRIFFEY JR said get some new shoes or if powdercoating is an option do gunmetal and it'd look sharp.

NOTinuyasha posted:

My co-worker bought his 5-er wagon off of his dad when he upgraded to a new one and it was meticulously maintained with all kinds of extra go fast bits and I've been jealous ever since.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

2009 Nissan Altima

Indecision1991
Sep 13, 2012

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Love the refresh of the 300, great looking car and a lot of fun if you opt for the 300C with the Hemi. Like KYOON GRIFFEY JR said get some new shoes or if powdercoating is an option do gunmetal and it'd look sharp.

I was thinking of just powder coating since it is cheaper. I may need to do some more research and see if I can get it done properly.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I rolled 60,000 miles today and tonight was great cruising weather.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Your car looks so freaking good man.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Indecision1991 posted:

IIRC those wagons all had air suspension standard, so probably that. :v:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Indecision1991 posted:

Do you have a write-up or review anywhere? I am interested on what you think about the car, I've been looking at them for a while now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Paul Boz_ posted:

I rolled 60,000 miles today and tonight was great cruising weather.

I just passed 65,000 this week :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I just passed 65,000 this week :smith:

I only have 45,000 on the MS6 and I've owned it over two years!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I only have 45,000 on the MS6 and I've owned it over two years!

How many did you put on it in that time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

How many did you put on it in that time

23,000. Recall that I owned eleventeen cars I'm the time.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Indecision1991 posted:

ABS/traction module, alignment, struts, some non-obvious issue with the brakes, and cosmetic stuff. I'll probably end up spending the most on the body work (driver's fender, rear bumper) to make it perfect but it's totally worth it.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Just picked up a 2014 V6 Mustang with the performance package and recaro seats. It's a hell of an upgrade from the old ranger.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

DropShadow posted:

Does anyone actually do it though? I haven't seen a Jeep with the windshield folded down since the mid-90s, and even then it was a CJ.

Yup. About 2 years ago a saw a jk with the windshield down (but doors on :psyduck: ) outside a kohls.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

23,000. Recall that I owned eleventeen cars I'm the time.

I am at 7k or so since March :smith: Around 1k of that was driving home though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Seik posted:

Just picked up a 2014 V6 Mustang with the performance package and recaro seats. It's a hell of an upgrade from the old ranger.

Gorgeous. I don't know that I've ever seen a white one.