Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Fister Roboto posted:

Whenever a new thread gets made the title should be "Previous thread died of natural causes."

"Your Plot to Kill The Previous Thread Has Succeeded!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

SpaceViking posted:

"Now to make sure the posters remain silent..."

...Hmm, perhaps a little too ominous? Since we do want more posters in here, right? :D

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 28, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
You know, the ability to tutor jailed children definitely makes possible some interesting plans. Such as kidnapping the one-year-old bastard child of a gigantic caliphate spanning Africa, Mauretania, Spain, and most of France, personally bringing him up as a good Norseman, matrilineally marrying him to one of your daughters, and hopefully one day soon pressing his claim to the whole thing.

I'm about midway through it at present - the kid is twelve years old, and Norse Norse. Unfortunately, I started a war for the Jarldom of Normandy about three years back, and my Manchurian candidate is close enough to the current Caliph to be considered a hostage, I guess, because when I actually win the war he's automatically returned. I can't chance letting him be tutored four years under a mullah, so I have to drag this war out a while longer. Or a lot longer, really.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Noreaus posted:

Something somebody just pointed out in the Ck2+ thread on paradox plaza: "The AI never forms secondary duchies or kingdoms whether gavelkind or otherwise, it's not as noticeable in Vanilla because of different CB's which give duchy titles."

So this is why the AI isn't forming kingdoms in CK2+, because it can't form the duchies.

Well that sucks.

Yeah, I've been forced to switch over to AI rulers and just form all of their poo poo for them. It's a fix, because once they get kingdoms they will form their own duchies, but it's a lovely fix. I wonder what is causing the problem.

edit: Doomdark has recognized the problem and it looks like it will be fixed next patch.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 28, 2013

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

SpaceViking posted:

"The previous thread has died in a suspicious accident. Long live the new thread!"

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Mister Bates posted:

Yeah, pretty sure that's the issue, I'm playing as Rurik and almost all the unmarried women in the world are considered 'heathens' relative to me. So is that intended behavior for the game? Are we not allowed to marry outside of our religion any more? What about my medieval eugenics program? :negative:

Kidnap them in raid, make them concubines and then marry and ask to convert

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

DontMockMySmock posted:

"The previous thread has died in a suspicious accident. Long live the new thread!"

"Success! The story we concocted about a 'lone poster' killing the old thread seems to be working perfectly!"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SpaceViking posted:

I like this one.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I'm having fun in my latest attempt at a game that lasts more than two hundred years. Formed the Scandinavian Empire, and have taken over Ireland to kill time while waiting for truces and claims to mature against Denmark. I'm currently debating spreading into Russia and taking over the rest of Brittannia and then chilling for a while, consolidating my family's position within the Empire while waiting for Brittannia and Russia to become de jure Scandinavian. Oh, and for added hilarity I've absorbed all of de jure Norway into de jure Sweden, and effectively took one of my sons' inheritance away by holding both titular Norway and Sweden and the first son got two of my counties and my duchy as well as Sweden and the Empire while the second got one county and titular Norway, while the third got several counties in Ireland/Wales. So that's one pretender to the throne that it's gonna be easy to kick over.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Okay, dumbass question time: I just started a Republic (Venice, 867 start). It's babby's first Republic, so I've been kind of learning as I go along. I've been tearing up Italy, and it just occured to me... Can Republics form Empires at all? Or have I just wasted a lot of time and money? :downs:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

Okay, dumbass question time: I just started a Republic (Venice, 867 start). It's babby's first Republic, so I've been kind of learning as I go along. I've been tearing up Italy, and it just occured to me... Can Republics form Empires at all? Or have I just wasted a lot of time and money? :downs:

You totally can, don't worry.

Generally it's just for show though since you can't use Medium Crown Authority to push de jure claims, but eh, it shows those bluebloods that Empires aren't only for nobles.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 28, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

SpaceViking posted:

"The thread has died of severe depression."

Likely as a result of:

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 28, 2013

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"The previous thread died an inbred freak."

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Likely as a result of:

:smith:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sebastian Flyte posted:

"The previous thread died an inbred freak."

:smith:

Likely the most :smith: moment I've had in 700+ hours of gameplay.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Trauma Tank posted:

I'm having fun in my latest attempt at a game that lasts more than two hundred years. Formed the Scandinavian Empire, and have taken over Ireland to kill time while waiting for truces and claims to mature against Denmark. I'm currently debating spreading into Russia and taking over the rest of Brittannia and then chilling for a while, consolidating my family's position within the Empire while waiting for Brittannia and Russia to become de jure Scandinavian. Oh, and for added hilarity I've absorbed all of de jure Norway into de jure Sweden, and effectively took one of my sons' inheritance away by holding both titular Norway and Sweden and the first son got two of my counties and my duchy as well as Sweden and the Empire while the second got one county and titular Norway, while the third got several counties in Ireland/Wales. So that's one pretender to the throne that it's gonna be easy to kick over.

Just a heads up, there's a bug that makes it pretty much impossible for kingdoms to drift between de jure empires. You'll be waiting a while. On a side note, would it be possible to mod in an event chain to bypass the bug? I'm waiting to absorb Britannia too.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Nolanar posted:

Just a heads up, there's a bug that makes it pretty much impossible for kingdoms to drift between de jure empires. You'll be waiting a while. On a side note, would it be possible to mod in an event chain to bypass the bug? I'm waiting to absorb Britannia too.

In that case I'll just hold onto it for years then mod the save game. Nothing will stop my desires to mutilate the de jure map mode!

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

You totally can, don't worry.

Generally it's just for show though since you can't use Medium Crown Authority to push de jure claims, but eh, it shows those bluebloods that Empires aren't only for nobles.

Is there some sort of weird complication or requirement (like holding all De Jure territory) or something? Because I hold over 80 % of the territory of Italia at the moment, and it still won't let me form the empire. :v:

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

TLM3101 posted:

Is there some sort of weird complication or requirement (like holding all De Jure territory) or something? Because I hold over 80 % of the territory of Italia at the moment, and it still won't let me form the empire. :v:

Hover over create button and you'll see what are you missing, probably having 2 kingdom titles or required amount of piety

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

... Oho. So I do need the kingdoms of Sicily and Italy. Welp! Time to go a-stabbin' Byzantine Emperors.

Edit: Stabbing complete! Two Byzantine Emperors, One king of Italy, four fabricated claims and 5000 Ducats later...

Edit 2: Not shown, the Serene Grand Republic of Jerusalem. You can just about see Scotland up there. My last two rulers had to step in to win two Crusades and stop one Reformed Norse holy war for Germany. :v:

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 28, 2013

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Likely as a result of:

There have been a lot of funny screenshots to come out of CKII, but in my book this is still the funniest. :xd:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's a photoshop...

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

There sure are some weird CK2 mods on the Paradox forums:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Bicycle archery would be pretty tough to master, particularly if traversing uneven terrain. I would fear a horde who mastered such an art.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It's a photoshop...

I stand firm. :colbert:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It's a photoshop...

It's not a photoshop, it's an old mod plot.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It's a photoshop...

It's actually not! There is a mod that adds more plots and ambitions, it's called additional plots and ambitions, I think.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

nutranurse posted:

It's actually not! There is a mod that adds more plots and ambitions, it's called additional plots and ambitions, I think.

Additional Objectives has Make a Friend as an ambition (so you don't need to recruit people for it anymore) but I remember it being a plot before.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

It's not a photoshop, it's an old mod plot.

nutranurse posted:

I don't know why I thought it was a photoshop because I've seen it posted a lot on another site and I thought then that it must be a mod.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Flippycunt posted:

There sure are some weird CK2 mods on the Paradox forums:

Well, that's obviously a photoshop... *checks CK2 forums*

Yep, somebody is actually making that. Really do have some of the weirdest fans.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It's a photoshop...

No it's not. It's from one of my games. I have the original somewhere on a hard drive at home. I think you can prolly find it one of the previous threads, too.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I don't know why I thought it was a photoshop because I've seen it posted a lot on another site and I thought then that it must be a mod.

Wat?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Leb posted:

Well, that's obviously a photoshop... *checks CK2 forums*

Yep, somebody is actually making that. Really do have some of the weirdest fans.

I thought that was a goon mod from a few years back? I remember we once had a few USA mods that were being produced that nothing ever came of

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

I think I've beaten the Karlings

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Whenever I run CK2+, the only Republic it will let me play in 867 is that one Archon in southern Italy. It's driving me nuts. CK2+ can rot for all I care. :colbert:

e: As I've just discovered, Vanilla is running only a modest improvement over CK2+, because I'm getting "cannot play Republics!" when I want to roll as a Lord Mayor of some ho-dunk county.

Protagorean fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 28, 2013

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Anyone ever played as a zoroastrian republic by any chance? I can only imagine how hilarious everyone having 3 concubines is for making trade posts.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I thought that was a goon mod from a few years back? I remember we once had a few USA mods that were being produced that nothing ever came of

"few years back" :stare: This game came out last year.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Protagorean posted:

Whenever I run CK2+, the only Republic it will let me play in 867 is that one Archon in southern Italy. It's driving me nuts. CK2+ can rot for all I care. :colbert:

e: As I've just discovered, Vanilla is running only a modest improvement over CK2+, because I'm getting "cannot play Republics!" when I want to roll as a Lord Mayor of some ho-dunk county.

You have to be a Duke bordering the coast to play a Republic :ssh:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Beamed posted:

"few years back" :stare: This game came out last year.

Yikes! It feels like it has been a lot longer than that! Still, I want to say that I remember seeing that picture before in a previous thread.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Protagorean posted:

Only republics duchy-level and above are Merchant Republics and thus playable. This is hardcoded and has nothing to do with CK2+.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

Anyone ever played as a zoroastrian republic by any chance? I can only imagine how hilarious everyone having 3 concubines is for making trade posts.

If it's anything like a Norse Merchant Republic, you'll have effectively unlimited trade posts if you can manage to not expand. The downside of course is that expansion is fun, and making sure every province is a city owned by a relative is also fun, so you won't have as many trade posts as you would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Protagorean posted:

If you still want to give CK2+ a try, I found out that the reason you can't play Venice in the 867 start is that Wiz forgot to add the new families and their holdings as vassals to the Serene Doge. I posted instructions how to fix it; just check my post history in this thread.

• Locked thread