Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
After working at a bank for three years, all the employees agreed that bringing someone in and buying a cashier's check is the best way to do big private sales/purchases. It gets you a paper trail if one party insists on cash. We had people come in all the time to take cash out and immediately just hand it to someone, too. If you wanted to be really anal, I guess you could write yourself a check for cash and make the guy sign in the memo line or something, but I doubt that would be legal or end up meaning anything. The rule for us was 10k and up in cash in or out required the big paperwork. Anything else was just a pain in the rear end to count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Police unlawfully search people regularly and no youtube video will help you if they want to look in your car. Short of sorting it out in court. I used to get pulled over and searched pretty regularly because I'm in my early 20s and I have long hair. I also get pulled over for suspected DUI a lot (I just happen to drive at 2 to 3am a lot) which is really fun because I don't drink and I know how to make them have to jump through all the hoops to blood test me when I know I'm 0.0 bac.

You and I are in the exact same boat. Long hair, early 20s, driving late, but even the notoriously aggressive LAPD has yet to search my car once despite me being pulled over at least 5 times late at night for suspected DUI.

Maybe you should look into BUSTED: The Citizens Guide to Surviving Police Encounters. It leans heavily towards drug users but it's information that anybody can use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Police unlawfully search people regularly and no youtube video will help you if they want to look in your car. Short of sorting it out in court. I used to get pulled over and searched pretty regularly because I'm in my early 20s and I have long hair. I also get pulled over for suspected DUI a lot (I just happen to drive at 2 to 3am a lot) which is really fun because I don't drink and I know how to make them have to jump through all the hoops to blood test me when I know I'm 0.0 bac.

I don't understand why the Police don't just carry breathalysers for that situation - all you need to do then is lean out the window say your name (or count to five or whatever) and you're on your way.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

This isn't a craigslist ad, but it is an auction going to be held in late September. Just thought I would share some real gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef32KRySsc0

You may want to mute the video before you hear the woman start talking however.

tl:dw, dealership in Nebraska finally selling out all the cars they held onto. Including several late 50's to mid sixties chevy's with single digit mileage. loving incredible.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Awesome stuff, but even muted that video gave me a god damned headache. Hold the drat camera still.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Love the silver anniversary Vette, 40 miles drat.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

dissss posted:

I don't understand why the Police don't just carry breathalysers for that situation - all you need to do then is lean out the window say your name (or count to five or whatever) and you're on your way.

Some do. It just depends on the department and the officer. However a bunch (most/all?) states have additional statutes for driving under the influence of anything that might impair you so even if you blow a 0.00 if you take the sobriety test and stumble all over yourself you will still probably be arrested.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

dissss posted:

He's saying he refuses the breathalyzer and makes the police go through a bunch of additional effort to give him a blood test, only to shows no alcohol in his blood. Basically gently caress tha police.

Rontalvos fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 29, 2013

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

dissss posted:

Its fun to waste their time when the officer is hostile/condescending/accusatory and especially when they don't have a legitimate reason to pull you over. Basically I only do this to rear end in a top hat cops. If the cop is remotely polite or pulled me over for a legitimate reason (speeding etc) I'll take the breathalyzer but most of the time I find it's worth the 2 hours of my time to make them blood test me. They hate blood testing people and finding a 0.0 bac. You will never see a cop be so angry yet powerless in your life.

The best ones are when they accuse me of driving drunk when I'm driving my girlfriend's car which has an interlock (she got a DUI 5 years ago and most of the interlock companies in WA are scams, interlock northwest haven't filed her "compliance report" for the past YEAR so that they can abuse the court system to get her to keep paying for it)

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 29, 2013

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I guess I value my own time more than causing some annoyance some random cop - especially seeing as they're getting paid for it and you aren't

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

dissss posted:

I guess I value my own time more than causing some annoyance some random cop - especially seeing as they're getting paid for it and you aren't

I expect most people to. You haven't had the same experiences with law enforcement I have. To keep it short I've been falsely accused of felonies a few times and I've had to burn through a ton of money and go through years of crippling rear end depression because some cop thought they could bully me around because I'm perceived as being too young to be able to afford a lawyer. But hey I still have a clean record and I've gotten a police officer fired in the process. I try to keep my exchanges with cops as short as possible, but in the case of being accused of a DUI I'm comfortable messing with them because they really can't stop you from requesting a blood test and I don't take any medications or use any drugs.

Oh yeah in case you can't tell I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot. That's also how all of my previous cars have died. I have bad luck with getting hit by uninsured drunk drivers too. I really need to move somewhere else.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 29, 2013

HiggyBaby
Aug 19, 2004
Wait...............shit.
A wonderful piece of fine British Motor Works.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3892728022.html

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Is this real gold? I don't know. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3883341853.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

HiggyBaby posted:

They sure do know how to do front wheel drive right.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

YES

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3897362320.html

It looks good in the pictures, and I have been in email contact with no signs of scamminess. But it's apparently on a California non-operation registration... which means I am not allowed to test drive it. Maybe, just maybe, down to the corner and back. In this kind of situation, am I basically just setting myself up to buy a car with a hosed transmission?

If he actually wants to sell this for a good price, and assuming it will actually drive, you'd think his best course of action is to go drop the cash for the full registration. That would cut down some of the bargaining if people could drive it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Pham Nuwen posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3897362320.html

It looks good in the pictures, and I have been in email contact with no signs of scamminess. But it's apparently on a California non-operation registration... which means I am not allowed to test drive it. Maybe, just maybe, down to the corner and back. In this kind of situation, am I basically just setting myself up to buy a car with a hosed transmission?

If he actually wants to sell this for a good price, and assuming it will actually drive, you'd think his best course of action is to go drop the cash for the full registration. That would cut down some of the bargaining if people could drive it.

Are you really worried about getting pulled over during a test drive? Or is the owner stopping you? Red flag if it is the latter.
Two of my cars are 2 years out of registration, just because I am lazy. I don't get pulled over.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Worst idea for a winter car, ever;
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/3866354706.html

HiggyBaby
Aug 19, 2004
Wait...............shit.

HiggyBaby posted:

I sent him a text that said: "BMW does not mean British Motor Works. LOL. They're German."

He replied: Fuckyou ok who ever you are...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So I found this great deal on two FD RX-7s!

Ok so this one can be the parts car, what about the other one?

Fuuuuck youuu! :argh: Why are all FDs here horrible :rice: poo poo? There aren't enough body panels between these two wrecks to make one normal car :(.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

$900 too much?

http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/cto/3905670430.html

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Depending on how bad the respray is and what the interior looks likt that's probably about right.

Just understand that every NA 944 is a $5000-6000 vehicle. So you can either spend that on buying a proper example or on getting it up to par after you've bought it. Or live with a shitbox.

My guess is that at a minimum that thing is going to need a timing belt and a water pump ($300 in parts, $300 in tools and/or labor depending on how you want to go on that one). Whatever else "needs some work" means could also make it nothing more than a parts car.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tai-Pan posted:

Are you really worried about getting pulled over during a test drive? Or is the owner stopping you? Red flag if it is the latter.
Two of my cars are 2 years out of registration, just because I am lazy. I don't get pulled over.

You're right, I'll ask if we can take it around the block and if he says no, I'll just bail. Not worth the potential expense and hassle if he doesn't let me test it and something turns out to be hosed.

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO
http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/3889483379.html

I've been drooling over this Samurai for months. I would buy it this afternoon if I had a couple grand laying around. It's literally exactly what I would do with a Sammy if I started from stock. Lifted a little bit, the biggest tires you can cram underneath, soft top, pinned doors, stick, chrome mag wheels, sound system, clean paint. It's just perfect.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

TheFrailNinja posted:

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/3889483379.html

I've been drooling over this Samurai for months. I would buy it this afternoon if I had a couple grand laying around. It's literally exactly what I would do with a Sammy if I started from stock. Lifted a little bit, the biggest tires you can cram underneath, soft top, pinned doors, stick, chrome mag wheels, sound system, clean paint. It's just perfect.

It's missing the tin top. Not perfect.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Do it. Absolutely nothing could go wrong here.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Greetings fine sir, I can tell that you are a man of exceptional taste, might I interest you in a true gentleman's vehicular mode of transportation??

HOLY GOLD CHROME LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP640 KIT CAR REPLICA!!! - $14750 posted:

Holy Gold Chrome Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Kit Car Replica!!!

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS TRYING TO SELL THIS CAR WHO ARE NOT ME! TRUST ONLY ME AT MY PHONE NUMBER BELOW OR EMAIL BELOW OR EBAY BELOW. ONLY ME!

Search and bid (or make best offer OBO) on EBAY Item number: 171067102965

see YouTube Video at:

http://youtu.be/e3MC7HAWGQs

NEW DRIVING VIDEO AT:

http://youtu.be/9iY38AZAUwQ

or Contact John at [redacted] - text or leave a message and I will get back to you.

or email me at [redacted]

This car (Running and Driving!) uses a 1998 Plymouth Neon Donor (10 years newer than any Fiero, and about the same Horse Power as a stock V6 Fiero) that is front wheel drive (the actual exotic is all wheel drive, so this car is half as acurate, like the Fiero/Mr2/etc are half as acurate) and did not require any stretch since it has the exact wheelbase for the kit. This is advantageous for those concerned about the integrity of any vehicle cut lengthwise, along with the multiple lines and wires that also have to be stretched. This car eliminates those concerns and simply has the top removed (like a roofless Jeep) and the thick fiberglass body is bolted on (you can have framing/roll cage made if you desire that). There is still much that needs to be done, since only simple hardware store hinges and supports were used (along with the base car door latches). It does not have the key door locks, hood/trunk/hatch locks or stereo system (I will include the donor door locks unattached and other usable items like wipers, inner rear view mirror, etc.). The car's A/C needs servicing. The four wheel caps are included but two attaching bolts are missing. The gas fill can be moved accordingly, since currently it needs included piping to fill up the tank. It could use new lowering springs since the current ones have been heated/cut. There are no door shocks (a fixed rod holds the doors up) and the front seatbelt posts should be professionally rewelded. The interior is completely stock with cracked dash, so you may want to cover or completely redo it. There are no gaskets installed and the plexiglass side windows do not go down. A partition can be made to hide the three rear child seats (those outer two seatbelts need to be completed/attached) or they can be removed, and a fake engine can be placed there (if you install a speaker system, it can simulate the exotic engine noise, expecially if it is controlled with android/iphone GPS app). The car is a basic 15 footer - It looks like a million bucks from 15 feet or more, but when you get up closer, you can see the deficiencies/wrinkles/bubbles/etc. in the gold chrome and body work. I will include plenty of gold chrome material (about about double of what was used in the pics) to completely redo parts of the vehicle (or the whole thing if you are going to get the bodywork all straightened up) and also plenty of faux carbon fiber vinyl. This car, in its current state, is for entertainment purposes only - you could probably win some trophies at some local car shows (I will include some effects lighting that can be placed behind the grill/acrylic sections), and get plenty of attention where ever you go, even in your garage! A company can use it for advertising (you will get a whole lot of people stopping by!). Even a raffle will bring in a lot of money! But if you want to make it a high performance machine, you will need to completely overhaul the frame, suspension, body, and engine (an SRT-4 Engine would give you from 240 hp to 500 hp with mods). As you can see, this car is far from complete, but it is running and driving, and it looks ... well, just look at it!!! God Bless, John

:getin:

DrPain fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 1, 2013

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

That's a Dodge-loving-Neon?!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol a loving automatic Dodge Neon. Now I have seen it all.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

MiniFoo posted:

That's a Dodge-loving-Neon?!

:eng101: It's a "half accurate murcilago".

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
And it's not a feiro for once? Holy loving poo poo.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

quote:

It looks like a million bucks from 15 feet or more

He should have taken his pictures from 10 yards back, then everyone would be going on about how good it looks :rolleyes:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
How is the interior so trashed if he's trying to sell it for so much?

And besides, a loving Neon? Could've at least used a Prowler so there'd be one less of them on the road.

edit

Goddamn these are beautiful. Easily my favorite looking BMW's from that era.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 2, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

1200 dollars for a 34 year old grey import BMW that doesn't run..... Just put an SR20 into it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I don't think I even need to explain why this is gold.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3895072925.html

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

DrPain posted:

:eng101: It's a "half accurate murcilago".

More like "Mucilage".

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DrPain posted:

Greetings fine sir, I can tell that you are a man of exceptional taste, might I interest you in a true gentleman's vehicular mode of transportation??

Warning not a fiero! I guess only fake Ferrari can go on fieros, lambos go on neons.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I want to see the build pictures. How the hell did he do that?

Also that much mud and poo poo on the dashboard is setting off my flood-damage alarm.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That would be an awesome car to crash and blow up for a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I was looking around for Elises, just in case I find a winning scratchoff, and found this gem on eBay.

A lack of understanding of market forces

Over 80k invested!! What a deal!

For the lazy it's a not-at-all complete electric car conversion of an Elise, with the starting bid at a reasonable price for a working Elise.

Network42 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 2, 2013