Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Dominate Dominion #63 is going live shortly, and I actually managed to con my way into casting this time! Get ready for a lot of horrible jokes and hopefully decent analysis this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cloud9 brining us the action, this team was really what the NA LCS needed.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

jesus christ we're only 5 mins in :suspense:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meteos has won me over.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

Meteos has won me over.

I don't understand why the casters got so excited over that. He walked up to two guys recalling on low health, it wasn't exactly a mindblowing play.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're just trying to hype up the crowd, judging by the cheers it seems to be working.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dengraz posted:

I'm really disappointed in these "top lane Ryze" players. Kiwi kept building AP on Ryze when he could be doing so much more if he just built BV/FH. Not that that was the only problem for Dig that game, but its painful to watch. In general, it seems like Serpentine's is prioritized way too much.

C9 Balls must have read your post before this game.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

C9 are just incredible at teamfighting. They remind me of Moscow 5 at their heights.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

C9 is so good.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zahki posted:

I don't understand why the casters got so excited over that. He walked up to two guys recalling on low health, it wasn't exactly a mindblowing play.

He was at the right place at the right time so often. He kept turning good CLG ganks into double kills for himself.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

What a great game, those Lissandra ults and Elise snares really gave C9 the teamfights. Chauster just wasn't managing to land any killer Sona ults and the Janna ult kept CLG from getting in there with Kennen. CLG did a lot better job warding and keeping vision control last time around, the NA scene just needs to get better at aggressive warding and objective control to compete globally.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
C9 is basically the best NA team by a long shot.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Cloud 9 is the only team that seems to translate their tiny advantages into huge snowball consistently like Koreans do. I think dig and TSM are the only other teams that do that with any regularity and they are pretty flaky with it.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Waterbed posted:

Cloud 9 is the only team that seems to translate their tiny advantages into huge snowball consistently like Koreans do. I think dig and TSM are the only other teams that do that with any regularity and they are pretty flaky with it.

I would go further to say they are the only NA team with the "confidence" to do so. With every other team, you kinda see them being shaky and hesitant about committing unless its a rather obvious 100%. I'm guessing C9 has knowledgeable play callers to see through complicated situations and call for the play to be made.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I would go further to say they are the only NA team with the "confidence" to do so. With every other team, you kinda see them being shaky and hesitant about committing unless its a rather obvious 100%. I'm guessing C9 has knowledgeable play callers to see through complicated situations and call for the play to be made.

You could definitely hear this the two times we were able to listen in on their voice comm during the first week. Their shotcalling is really clear and everyone seems to follow it instantly.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Has the stream been super lovely for anyone else? It's stuttering like crazy for me.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Schiavona posted:

Has the stream been super lovely for anyone else? It's stuttering like crazy for me.

It was getting bad for me during the C9/CLG match when I had it on 720, but dropping down to 480 seemed to solve it.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Westrice may be the hero for FXOpen in this game against Curse Academy, he just popped out of nowhere and completely loving instagibbed Altec

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Apparently Rengar is still good, at least if you're Westrice. He just murdered Altec's Twitch multiple times.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Seems like Rengar might be a good answer to CLG having Doublelift push lanes alone.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
That Xspecial setup for First Blood was simply absurd.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope
Those flays! 3 for 3 on stopping Jarvan, just insane. This TSM vs Curse game is more exciting than I expected. The crowd is going wild.

Photux fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 30, 2013

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Xpecial is making a play for the Thresh prince title that Edward had (and I think Krepo was also contesting).

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Holy poo poo, quadrakill out of nowhere.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
This TSM vs. Curse game seemed like it might be exciting, but Saintvicious looks completely demoralized after getting all of his ganks shut down by Xpecial.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
That lack of glacial shroud/ FH is really killing Regi (unless he has cd runes). His CDR currently isn't enough to allow him to combo one after the other.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Thresh is OP as gently caress but he ain't poo poo in the League of Draven.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
CRS goddamn refusing to throw another game.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

In the game of throws, TSM is apparently king.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Edward forcing his team to win there, saving Cop from his own terrible decisions time and time again. TSM should've just engaged cop when they were working on nexus turrets, had enough time to end it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, that Nasus could have won them that game when he had Draven all to himself. If he'd just held him.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
That was super patient play from Crs followed by utter teamfight collapse from TSM. Hope to see Curse making more of an impact from now on.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Hey, hey, guys. I have a joke for you.

Evaniskus.

:smith:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Wait, poo poo, someone played Master Yi? I haven't kept up with competitive LoL since around the Zac patch. But if we're getting more unorthodox picks, I might start watching again.

(obligatory "get dunked")

Someday, my beloved Dinger, you too will have your time...:haw:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

LordHippoman posted:

Wait, poo poo, someone played Master Yi? I haven't kept up with competitive LoL since around the Zac patch. But if we're getting more unorthodox picks, I might start watching again.

Alex Ich picks Master Yi from time to time. It will be interesting to see whether Yi get's used after his rework (I severely doubt it).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Heimer already had his time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAoZJolrYI

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Just watched the Curse vs. TSM game, and..wow.

They went from being down 6k gold and 6 towers at the 22 minute mark, and won at the 39 minute mark. TSM obviously didn't perform perfectly, but they didn't just THROW it either, Curse played that extremely smart. One of the better back and forth games in a long time

halwain
May 31, 2011
Sooo mid ap yi doesnt work that well it seems.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AP Yi mid is fine as long as it's picked under circumstances that are going to let him win; last pick, very little hard CC on the enemy team, few AoE damaging skills, etc. Vulcun had enough CC to answer Scarra's Yi, he didn't do well in lane due to J4 spending a lot of time mid, and he just never managed to get snowbally and turn into a bursty murder machine like he did last time. Mancloud just played a really excellent Lissandra as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Does anyone have VODs from last night's 2 late NA games? I can't find them anywhere on MLG, Leaguepdia, NA LOL eSports, or Reddit.

• Locked thread