Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

krushgroove posted:

I'd like to say you can get Box Art for attempting to get so close to that Rogue Trader mini, but I'd like to get someone else to confirm the old mini you were trying to replicate (or work on your Google-Fu a bit more, either is fine).

And if you want this to be your Get Based Out entry that's fine, I'll put it in a separate album that the judges can look at at the end of the year.

Oh, I misunderstood based out. I thought we just got extra points for having a base that took more effort than "glue, grit", not a separate competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:Oath Complete

Backstory time!
The newest member of the squad was an idiot.
"How did this moron survive his scout years?" Brother Leonardo asked no-one in particular.
Not looking up from the auspex he'd built into his powerfist, Brother Donatello answered -"Apparently he only started acting this way when he was given his Tactical Dreadnought Armour," Donatello tensed when a blip appeared on the auspex, but relaxed when it did not reappear, then continued "He was a model Astartes when he was in Tactical, Assault, and Devastator squads."
Leonardo rolled his eyes, but said nothing. He had long ago learned that trying to engage Donatello in conversation was like attempting to educate an Ork on the finer points of penmanship. A burst of stormbolter fire echoed down the corridor of the Space Hulk followed by a battlecry, "YOLO!"

The sound of repeated power fist impacts followed. By the sounds of it, it was quite the battle. "According to the Auspex, Brother Raphael seems to be fighting a full dozen xenos" Donatello stated.
Leonardo leaned forward, and started the slightly quicker than walking pace plodding that passed for a run in Terminator Armour "Alright, let's go haul his rear end out of his mess." As he neared the fight, Leonardo spooled up his Assault Cannon, readying it for a devastating burst of firepower. As the view cleared, he saw Brother Raphael surrounded by xenos corpses, with four live xenos bearing down on him. Leonardo let loose the Assault Cannon, instantly vaporising two of the xenos beasts. One of the beasts was too close to Raphael to risk firing upon; the marine was much too unpredictable and a gloryhound to boot, it was not inconcievable that he would interpose himself between the final xeno and Leonardo's hail of gunfire in order to deny Leonardo the kill. The final xeno presented an altogether different problem. It had noticed Leonardo, and was much too close to use the cannon on; by the time he could bring it to bear, the xeno would be within his effective range. He triggered the power field in his oversized gauntlet, smashing the creature aside, turning its head and most of its upper torso to literal paste. By then, Raphael had despatched the final xeno, mutilating it. It was still alive as he crushed its head in his powerfist. Raphael glared at Leonardo through his remaining eye lense, the other lost in the melee.
"Don't ever steal my kills again," he said, "or we'll see how good you really are in that armour, brother."

The original plan was to paint the guy holding the genestealer head as all scratched up, but that got thrown out when I saw that he already was :sigh:

So I figured, the nerd terminator probably wouldn't get into many figths, but the asscannon one might have to fist a genestealer or two, and in the process scuff up the paintjob on his powerfist:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

krushgroove posted:

This is a Machine Wraith from Privateer Press. You may notice the Battle Damage for the Detektuv's Jurnal - he can't get shot or damaged by normal weapons, just magic weapons or spells, which damaged a couple of hoses, which are gushing steam. I used my Tube Tool and Green Stuff to make extra hoses and cables that hang off him, and used CA glue to attach some cotton from a cotton ball.

Love that, just love it. That's battle damage to another level. Albeit that was the post that pushed me into 'my painting's not good enough for this thread', but i'll just have to work harder.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
OATH COMPLETE
Please keep in mind that everything except the GW zombie are insanely tiny 10mm bastards

Closeup of battle damage:

I think I can claim the following:
* oath complete
* bases done
* small scale models
* theme group (the full turtle team)
* detektuv’s jurnal - battle damage
* name in oath
* maybe double the fun?
* having painted the smallest turtle on the forum

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
:siren: Oath complete! Themed Group! :siren:

Jurnal:

Broken and damaged weapons are sent to the ranks in the back in exchange for new ones.

Bird With Teeth
Oct 21, 2010

Bird With Teeth posted:

I, Bird With Teeth oath this Cenwyll Daledancer from reaper minis

Oath Complete

Claiming Speed Painting

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
My things are all being packed up and moved around, so my camera isn't available. This month I have to make do with cellphone pics. It's been a busy month, and grinding through Elves has been low on my motivation. Things will hopefully be smoother sailing next month. For now, though, I get to declare:

Oath Complete!

63 Elves and a Treeman.

Closeup of the main event for the Detektuv's Jurnal, the battle damaged Treeman.

A few of his limbs have been scorched up by the mage who's remains impaled on those same limbs. He's been tussling with an Orc, evidenced by chop marks on his legs, the broken axe imbedded in his leg, and the orc shield that's impaled on his branch. And he's been fighting some Elves, who left behind a spear stuck in his center and a few arrows lodged in his upper branches.

Claiming the Detektuv's Jurnal and Themed Group this month.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

The whole group: 1 converted Ork Nob + 6 Space Hulk Genestealers:

Detektuv's Jurnal: Battle Damage on the Nob. This took the form of a scarred, dented gut armor (not really noticeable in the final photos) and a lasbolt exit wound on the right shoulder:

Entry wound on the back armor. (Extra shininess courtesy of matte varnish frosting the living poo poo out of the recesses.)

I also did a Speed Painting earlier in the month:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I've just finished the Speed Painting bonus on one of my Genestealers!
Start:

Finish:

I think this might qualify for Themed Group (the 'stealers) and Double the Fun as well. Here's a group shot of just the 'stealers from four angles:

Finally, Backstory on the Ork's battle damage:

quote:

202nd Cadian Infantry Division vs. Waaagh! Gobstompa
Battle of Incontinentia Prime, 0312289.M41

Stupid 'umies, thought Painboy Slitskab, as a Guardsman's lasbolt seared the head off his patient. All dat work fer nuffin. He hurled his tools to the ground in frustration. "Oi, Murl! Clear dem gits outta here so's I can stitch up yer boyz proppa!"

"Roight, Dok!" Murl, Slitskab's greenest nob, hefted his choppa and turned to face the Cadian lasrifles. Firing his slugga into the air for attention, the hulking Ork bellowed a challenge to the shiniest of the 'umies, a pompous berk with a long coat and a ridiculous hat. Commissar, something like that, the git called himself, as he answered Murl's taunts in his high piping voice.

As the nob and the commissar stepped into the clearing to do battle, Murl turned to face his mob of boyz, prompting them to "start cheerin' or else, ya gobshites!" Unfortunately, this opened him up to the cowardly 'umie's first attack--a bolt slammed into his back armor, punching clean through his right shoulder plate and blasting a smoking hole out the front.

Murl spun, eyes ablaze with fury, and launched himself at the commissar with a howl that froze even his own boyz into silence. The commissar staggered back, barely clearing his chainsword from its sheath in time to parry the first blow from Murl's choppa. There was not a second blow--the 'umie executed a swirling riposte, taking Murl's axe-hand off at the wrist before his follow-through stroke ended with the whirring blade stuck between the nob's armored gut-plates.

The 'umie smirked as his troops raised a cheer for him. "Your move, xeno scum," he hissed.

In response, Murl stepped on him.

Well, dat settles dat argument. Slitskab looked on in satisfaction as Murl's jubilant mob charged the panicking Imperial Guard unit, chasing them back towards their tanks, ripe for the looting. Murl, for his part, stood there wrenching at the commissar's weapon, still humming away in his belly-armor. "Oi, Dok!" he called, prodding the chainsword's hilt with the oozing stump of his left wrist. "Can ya gimme a hand wiv dis?"

Ahh, inspirayshun. Painboy Slitskab gathered up his toolkit, chuckling behind his mask. "Can do, Murl! Can do!"

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 30, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PST posted:

Love that, just love it. That's battle damage to another level. Albeit that was the post that pushed me into 'my painting's not good enough for this thread', but i'll just have to work harder.

I don't want to make anyone feel their stuff isn't as good as it is, but thanks :) I did have a couple days when I didn't know how I'd do the battle damage, until I realized the hoses could be made to look damaged. I didn't think of the 'steam' until today when I was finishing up, but it comes off well I think.

I have to say (again!) the last days of the month are my favorite times in the Oath thread. So many good pieces coming through and seeing the slideshows really encapsulate the fabulous work that happens for this thread/competition/whatever you want to make of it.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Fantastic. I wish these minis were a larger scale, though - I have a lot of sewer terrain that needs that extra something.

quote:

having painted the smallest turtle on the forum

:colbert:

(I think it's 5mm, though, so you still beat me. That's insanely small!)

Siili
Dec 27, 2012
Oath Complete!

For Detektuv's Journal, there is a scratch across the shoulder and a few cracks on the leg power armor.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well, luckily my super top-heavy banner bearer took a spill, so I was able to get a pic of the battle damage I didn't think would be covered up by the banner.

I circled it since it's a bit hard to see. Basically a big gouge got ripped out of his shoulder pad, probably by some jerkface xeno. That should count, yes?

Edit: My turtles have you all beat. :smugdog:

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 30, 2013

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah, oath failed. Busy weekends and evenings plus a slightly more ambitious few models to paint (5 plus mounts in a scheme I wasn't entirely settled on) and one stupid Guardian I instantly regretted oathing means I can't be bothered to do any more work on them. That and it's really warm for 11pm at night so I don't even have the energy to try and power through for a couple of hours. Oh well. If I oath them to save da whales next month, do I have include the Guardian from the original oath?

They're all around this stage, although some of the steeds have less highlighting.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 30, 2013

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Oath Complete

Detektuv's Journal
Some of this Nobz have suffered a few recent wounds.

I am submiting this as a Themed Group.

Wili fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 30, 2013

Gomo
Mar 26, 2012
Oath Completed!

Edit explanation, Imgur pictures added:

Gomo fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 1, 2013

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Glad to see you get em in Gomo! They look great.

OATH FAILED :getout:

I managed to paint my model red and put decals on it. Gonna save da whales or whatever the equivalent is for next month I suppose.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
June Oath Completed!

The grots are ready as they'll ever be for fightin! Which is to say, hiding behind the Aegis and running it's quad gun.

These guys have been patched up as best they can be, and are ready for another day of WAAAGGH!

Painting a bruise onto an Ork is tricky, you have to go almost comically purple for it to show.

I decided to take the Box Art one-time points this month and paint them up accordingly, here's the GW official shot for reference.

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 1, 2013

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
June Oath (Addition) Complete!

Bit rushed towards the end, and I don't know if the weathering will count towards Battle Damage, but it was fairly fun to paint. I managed to accidentally break off his flying stand but I've pictured the replacement in order to fulfil the original oath.

Initial June Oath:

OneTrueBru posted:

:confuoot: OneTrueBru, Oath Complete! :krakentoot:

Unfortunately I'm stuck using a borrowed ipad camera again, so these aren't the best photos. I tried using a backdrop but the lack of exposure (or is it aperture?) control meant that everything just got completely washed out, so I just stuck with the low-effort option. I did remember to re-size, at least.

I've missed out on the Jurnal points this time around, as battered wargear would make him look out-of-place next to his squadmates. I briefly considered scuffing up his chainsword, but figured that would be a bit too lazy to count.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

That's going in the inspiration pics folder. What'd you use for the slime?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The best time of the thread! I love looking at what everybody's done.

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:
Original image:

Completed image(s):

This is my Diorama entry and This is my Get Based Out entry:

Fly your (captured) flag!

(Its humble beginnings as cork board, a Starbucks coffee holder, and a Flames of War base.)
The flag is converted from a slice of blister pack that I held over a lighter.

Is your model smaller than 25mm scale? Yes.

There is a theme here, and I hope it's obvious.

For the Detektiv's Journal there really wasn't a lot I could do for battle damage (given the scale and subject), so I tried to muddy up the uniforms a bit. I did stuff as much battle damage as possible onto the diorama - I hope it counts!

Selected bonus closeups:

edit:

Leperflesh posted:

Please edit the missing photos into your Oath Complete post. You have my permission to have a post-deadline edit stamp. I've credited you for the conversion work.

Look at this guy. Just shaking his fist at the Axis powers.

This is heat-deformed blister-pack plastic. Yes, that's a paperclip. (1/72 is too small for conversions.)

Trim that plastic down a bit and now he's got a flag!

moths fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 1, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Iris of Ether posted:

That's going in the inspiration pics folder. What'd you use for the slime?

Water effects mixed with some dark green paint. I think the water effects were from Woodland Scenics, not sure since I got them from a buddy. It was a kind that had to be melted down from pellets.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Pierzak's oath is complete! :toot:
Also, secondary toxx oath completed!

These are all I have toxxed/oathed to do this month, namely: 10 catpeople (themed group), 3 Asian monks, 2 old Infinity Pretas and 3 Infinity Morat Vanguards.

Link to original oath post
Link to oath addition post
Link to "save the whales" toxx post

edit at Leperflesh's request: adding a finished pic without the extra Morats (that do not count as a standard oath):

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 1, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Oath Complete!

Wait it's the end of the month? Time for some speed painting:

Hey, dog, stop eating my brushes. Guess I'll paint this guy a scar with a size two brush for the Detektuv's journal ( far left, face):

Well, at least they're box art! That's double the fun and another theme group.
http://privateerpress.com/files/products/33089_KhadorMechaniksWEB.jpg

Also, there's a blurry picture of an agonizer:

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
Oath complete!

Detective journal is the assorted bolt-holes and chainsword scars on the shield/reporpoused drone. Whew in just under the line!

Edited for username, even closer to deadline :ohdear:

Edited again for base, 3 coats Fenris grey with ultramarine blue edges, the fluff was part of a tiny feather boa. I was going for a smoke/basing effect.

tasty food fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 1, 2013

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

Thinking I probably should have given myself a bit more time to complete this.

For the Detektiv's Journal I added some bullet holes and scratches.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

fuckfuckfuck 30 days in june, 30 days, fuckfuckfuck

I am bad at calenders, but :siren:oath complete!:siren:

8 Judwan Dreadball players

Slightly more useful but still out-of-focus photo-

Name, models, bases (gloss black to match the pitch; threatened hexes to be marked later on, once I decide on a suitable colour for my teams)

Close up of the Detektuv's Journal related beatdown some of the players have-

Busted alien nose, pinky-purple blood, dinged up armour, damaged undersuit.

Do I need to repost the parts list and speed painting from my test model?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Oath Complete

Well painting 4 different colour schemes is a bloody stupid idea, especially when you only finish one lot before the final weekend.

Original Oath

The scouts pre-conversion

post conversion

Completed Frigates

Completed Freighters

Completed Recon Squad

Completed Farseer

May + June completed Oaths

Detektuvs Journal is the scar tissue on the kneeling recon marine's face. Can you see it? I can't and I bloody sculpted it on there.

So I should have the following

Conversion
Themed Group (Death Guard Legionary Recon Squad)
Detektuvs Journal (will take some pictures Tuesday to make sure everyone can see it).

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Oath Complete!

edit: Blast, just missed the deadline. Ah well

Derlix fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 1, 2013

Johnasaurus
Jun 10, 2013
Oath completed

Johnasaurus fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 1, 2013

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The timg tag is your friend.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Might as well make a new oath :v: Hell, if we get an incompatible journal I'll just add something else.

I, Pierzak, oath a mighty Sogarat for the month of July! (Infinity/Corvus Belli, 28mm)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You may want to wait until the 1st to avoid the perception of cheating an extra day out of next month's contest. (Not that I think you'd start tonight, but it would suck to get your oath rejected.)

I guess it's it's tomorrow somewhere.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

moths posted:

I guess it's it's tomorrow somewhere.
It's past deadline for June, so I guess it's July under the thread rules :v: besides, I wanted to be first for once :ohdear:
If it doesn't get accepted because of that, I'll resubmit it later.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
This is how far I got.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Bavius posted:

This is how far I got.

You may have failed your oath but that is a drat nice red.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Uh poo poo. Oath complete:

I took the second photo before delivering them to the client and now there's no way of me getting them back in time. If it doesn't count I'm hosed, guess I should look at my photos before running off to the game store.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

krushgroove posted:

Also, a final reminder to POST YOUR FINISHED MODELS ON THE GAMES & GEARS FACEBOOK PAGE to be eligible for more prizes from them!

Games & Gears are already sponsoring prizes for us Oathers, and if you post the models you've completed this month on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GamesNGears you could get more prizes!

How exactly do we do this?

e: That is, where do we upload them to? Just comment on their page with the images? Put them in a specific gallery or message them?

e2: ...On second thought, posting a swastika on facebook is potentially troublesome no matter what the context.

moths fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 1, 2013

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

You may have failed your oath but that is a drat nice red.

Thanks! He'll look like a great speed freak by the time I'm done with him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Malal Crusaders ho~

Who made these models, please? Also, you missed a point by not putting your username in your oath complete photo.

IrvingWashington posted:

fake edit: It just occurred to me that maybe the conversion and objective marker bonuses are both the same thing, in which case, if I have a choice I'd like it to count for the conversion.

I think I love you, Oath Thread.

Counts for both is fine. And the Oath Thread loves you too, IrvingWashington.

Swags posted:

OATH COMPLETED! And on time, too.

Good job! I have given you full credit, but, in the future, please either A) put all your models for an Oath into a single Oath Complete photo with your name in it, or B) put your name in all the photos of your completed oath models. Or do both! As long as Krushgroove can add images to the slideshow with all your oathed models in them, and with your name on those images, that will help him and the judges out a lot. So you can take one photo with all the models and your name, and then take additional nameless photos with closeups and what have you, whatever you like; or just put your name on all the photos.

I am picking on you but this is for everyone really. For an example of how to do it right, see Red Shoe's post: although he split his models up among several images, he has at least one image with his name on it of each model he oathed. Some additional/supplementary photos don't have his name, but every model is shown somewhere with a name.

DamnitGannet missed a point by not putting his username in his oath complete photo.

Fyrbrand posted:

Here's that better pic:

I have a bunch more here too.

Edit oh god you can barely see the apothecary there, hurf durf.

Painted-on damage does count, so I've credited you for the theme. You made a post two posts with additional completion photos, before the deadline, so the photos are eligible. Please edit them into your first Oath Complete post, and then let me know you've done so. I'd rather send the judges to a single URL where they can see all your photos. Thanks!

nathonicus posted:

Speaking of, here's the Box Art

I know the rules say to use the link on the MFG site, but it doesn't have all five together. Nonetheless, here it is: http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2013/miniatures/kts-kaplan-tactical-services-2/

It's either/or. A photo of the box art is sufficient, unless the photo is so crap we can't see it properly.

Quest Jefferson missed a point by not putting his username in his oath complete photo.

overthefalls posted:

For Detektuv's Jurnal, look to the spider 2nd from the right. The upper left part of the shell (closest to the camera) has been shredded back, exposing the metal underneath.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt, but... I can't see whatever you're talking about here. Please take a better photo of the damaged model. You have my permission to edit it into your oath complete post. Thanks!

Galaspar posted:

Oath Complete

I have you down on the spreadsheet as having done a conversion, and I have an After photo, but not a Before. Did we already talk about this? If not, can you supply a before photo, showing the unconverted models?

Ashcans, themed group?

Hermetic posted:

Summary:
Oath Complete
Monthly Theme
Aww, It's a Baby!
Conversion
Box Art, maybe?
Parts List
Detektuv's Journal

Do I qualify for Get Based Out, as well? What about Box Art?

The intent of Box Art is that you paint a model the same as the manufacturer's artwork. Since you assembled this model from scratch, there's obviously no reference photo of the model from the manufacturer. I cannot give you credit for Box Art. (In addition, the reference photo you did post has a completely different color scheme!)
For Detektuv's Jurnal, I have given you one point for doing May's theme. Unless you did battle damage somewhere, which is the June theme. Per the rules in the OP, you can get 2 points for doing that month's theme, or 1 point for doing any previous month's theme.

For Get Based Out, it's not really a matter of "qualifying". You can choose any model(s) you do all year and indicate you want to make them be your one and only Get Based Out entry for the year. Judges will scrutinize all the Get Based Out entries and pick the best ones, so you'll want to put your best effort forward. Please let me know if you still want to use this model for your Get Based Out entry and I'll put it on the sheet.

I've credited you for a complete oath, It's a Baby, your (extremely well documented!) conversion (folks, this is what we are looking for!), and part's list. Please note that Monthly Theme and Detektuv's Jurnal are the same thing.

krushgroove posted:

I'd like to say you can get Box Art for attempting to get so close to that Rogue Trader mini, but I'd like to get someone else to confirm the old mini you were trying to replicate (or work on your Google-Fu a bit more, either is fine).

I disagree; see above. Box Art isn't about replicating someone else's scratchbuilt model pose: it's about replicating the manufacturer's advertised paint scheme. Hermetic's paint job, while attractive, does not copy the color scheme of that other model; nor is it that model, nor is that model from the manufacturer. That's three strikes against, in my opinion. We can discuss it offline if you strongly disagree, though! :)

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I think I can claim the following:
* oath complete
* bases done
* small scale models
* theme group (the full turtle team)
* detektuv’s jurnal - battle damage
* name in oath
* maybe double the fun?
* having painted the smallest turtle on the forum

To claim Double the Fun, you must do at least two of: the monthly theme (also called Detektuv's Jurnal), and one of the bonus themes. You have done the Detektuv's Jurnal, but none of the things you've listed are a bonus theme. Themed Group is a separate bimonthly drawing, small scale models are a separate annual drawing, all the other stuff is part of doing a regular oath and properly posting your oath complete post.

Buffalo squeeze: themed group?

Fuegan posted:

If I oath them to save da whales next month, do I have include the Guardian from the original oath?

Yes. To Save da Whales, you must complete a previously-failed oath. That means you have to include everything that was in the oath you failed.

Gomo posted:

Oath Completed!

Please don't use photobucket for your images on SA. I can see these images now, but soon I won't be able to, because photobucket has a bandwidth cap and there are far too many viewers of this thread for it to last more than a handful of days at best. I suggest you host images for use on SA, using either imgur or lpix. Both have plugins for rightload, if you like to bulk-load stuff.

Haydrian posted:

June Oath Completed!

Themed group? Also, since you did the Detektuv's Jurnal as well as Box Art, I've credited you for Double the Fun.

OneTrueBru posted:

June Oath (Addition) Complete!

Bit rushed towards the end, and I don't know if the weathering will count towards Battle Damage, but it was fairly fun to paint. I managed to accidentally break off his flying stand but I've pictured the replacement in order to fulfil the original oath.

I'm leaning towards, no, not really counting. It's a judgement call, but it looks to me like exactly what you describe: weathering, not battle damage. If Krushgroove disagrees with me, I'll give the points, though, since it's an edge case.

moths posted:

This is my Diorama entry and This is my Get Based Out entry
Uhhh. Hey Krushgroove, can someone make a diorama be a get based out? I think that might run counter to the idea of get based out - as a fancy base, rather than as part of a diorama.

EDIT: OK, no, these two are mutually exclusive categories, for a different reason. According to the rules, your Diorama is not eligible for judging (in the monthly judging), but Get Based Out is eligible for monthly judge's points. You need to pick one or the other, so the judges will know whether to consider your model.

quote:

For the Detektiv's Journal there really wasn't a lot I could do for battle damage (given the scale and subject), so I tried to muddy up the uniforms a bit. I did stuff as much battle damage as possible onto the diorama - I hope it counts!

On very close inspection... I'm just not sure. Seems more like weathering, as per OneTrueBru above, but the models are so small I can't really tell. It is legit to just paint on damage. Is anyone bleeding? Any bullet holes? One could argue that foxhole diorama is itself an example of battle damage...
On balance I haven't awarded the points yet, but if you can show me a photo that would clearly qualify (or again if Krushgroove overrules me) I'll award them.

Pierzak posted:

Pierzak's oath is complete! :toot:
Also, secondary toxx oath completed!

These are all I have toxxed/oathed to do this month, namely: 10 catpeople (themed group), 3 Asian monks, 2 old Infinity Pretas and 3 Infinity Morat Vanguards.

Congratulations! You are the very first person to successfully Save da Whales for this year's thread!

As an aside: please in the future separate out the photo from Saving the Whales so it's distinct from you regular oath. The reason this is important is that your Whales models are not eligible for the monthly judging. It won't be obvious to Krushgroove when he's making the slideshow, that your fourth photo doesn't belong in the show, but photos 1-3 and 5 do.

Once again I don't mean to pick on you, this is for everyone's benefit.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Oath Complete!

Wait it's the end of the month? Time for some speed painting:

I can infer that your speed painting is valid, because you're up against the end of the month. But, everyone, please include a world time clock in your finished photo when qualifying for speed painting, even if the postdate validates the effort. Thanks.

I can't tell if these figures have been based (what's with the feather duster? Is that a smoke effect?) but it kind of looks like not, in the first picture. If they have, please take a photo of the bases and post. You have my permission to edit it into your oath complete post as well (I have validated that the edit timestamp currently showing there is prior to the deadline).

ForkBanger posted:

Do I need to repost the parts list and speed painting from my test model?

Nope, I already got those.

Thundercloud posted:

Detektuvs Journal is the scar tissue on the kneeling recon marine's face. Can you see it? I can't and I bloody sculpted it on there.

I cannot see it. Your photos are too blurry. Please take an in-focus close-up photo and I will credit you the points. You have my permission to edit it into your oath complete post. Let me know when you do so.

Derlix, Johnasaurus, MasterSlowPoke, I'm sorry but you missed the deadline. Please take this as an opportunity to Save da Whales; you won't earn the points you missed, but you'll get a shot at a drawing for a cool prize package! Your models are done, so it will be easy. Just post that you're Saving da Whales, show your models, indicate they're now complete, and you'll get your entry.

EVERYONE

With the exceptions noted in this post, I believe I'm now caught up for June. Please check your points on The Spreadsheet and make sure you've received credit where it is due. Now is the time to speak up, before judging happens and prizes are awarded. There's a ton of bookkeeping for this thread, so I'm bound to make mistakes... only you can save me from them.

An amazing amount of work done this month guys, I'm blown away as always by the quality and the variety of your modelwork. Great job!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Edited the post per request!

• Locked thread