Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
2/10 because I am not a nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
6/10, I am a product of my age, a lot of those games came out before I was old enough to play them.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I got 7, failed tracksuit manager, Manchester united whatever, and went for Sensi instead of Sensi WORLD, which was a terrible mistake.

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
10/10, managed some of the weirder ones via elimination, not that I ever played Tracksuit Manager

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I only got the Man Utd one wrong and I am glad.

cmcxon
Feb 12, 2007

I am OK posted:

Who got 10/10 on The Guardian's quiz?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/quiz/2013/jun/28/football-computer-games-quiz

I got 7, which makes me Zidane, apparently.

3/10 "Tony Pulis is probably a better gamer than you"...gently caress

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Guessed almost every-one and got 4/10.
"You should have skived off school more often and wasted your life playing Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer."

I'm not sure Guardian, I'm not sure...

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

He's the Russian oil villain from the Bourne Supremacy

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

T. Finninho posted:

Seriously. It's the gloves that do it. That must be his weapon, a la Jaws or Odd Job's hat.

fake edit: i read this as Bourne Supremacy as Bond derp. Still he's even more comically villainous than all of Bond's enemies over the years.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

T. Finninho posted:

I reckon the arm that's cropped out of the picture is dragging football's dead corpse. I love it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Captain Cancer posted:

10/10, managed some of the weirder ones via elimination, not that I ever played Tracksuit Manager

Tracksuit Manager was one of the only ones I got (5/10, shameful). It was actually pretty cool, you could bribe refs and give your players steroids and stuff.

(Actually that might have been Football Director now I think about it)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tracksuit Manager was one of the only ones I got (5/10, shameful). It was actually pretty cool, you could bribe refs and give your players steroids and stuff.

Did you always play as Barcelona

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Reminds me of a fun one from the mid 90's called "On The Ball". Some mad German management game where the shady dealings were half the fun.

I miss management games where you could build up the stadium and see physical representations of it. I know it's utterly unrealistic but it was always fun.

I reckon there would be alot of scope in a slightly silly, Theme Park/Hospital style football chairman game

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006

http://www.kickz.com/de/goons/bekleidung/t-shirts/the-gbu-weiss

:D

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Cancer posted:

Reminds me of a fun one from the mid 90's called "On The Ball". Some mad German management game where the shady dealings were half the fun.

I miss management games where you could build up the stadium and see physical representations of it. I know it's utterly unrealistic but it was always fun.

I reckon there would be alot of scope in a slightly silly, Theme Park/Hospital style football chairman game

Ultimate Soccer Manager was great for this poo poo. You could even gamble/take bungs.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Loved Ultimate Soccer Manager.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Ultimate Soccer Manager was great for this poo poo. You could even gamble/take bungs.

USM2 was my jam. That game was so far ahead of its time, whole loving side game of building the complex around your stadium, setting up stalls and setting prices on your scarves and poo poo, trying to bung opposition managers, upgrading your stadium stand by stand, allocating your sponsors boards. 7 year old me loved that poo poo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Anstoss was the best football manager imo.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That profile is so amazing I don't know what to pick out about it. It has to be either Jungle Book or the fortress quote.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
me gf if ive got 1

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
https://myspace.com/andycarroll39

still works but the profile is private

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

(not my snake though ;))

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Honestly, thinking back on Myspace, being about 13-16 myself when it was popular that is a pretty non-embarrassing Myspace. I never had a profile myself, but a lot of people did and it was kind of that era where people didn't understand social media/how easily stuff could be viewed. Don't get me wrong as a professional athlete I would have the tamest of pages, but it's not all that bad. I remember when they found Andrew Bynum's (basketball player) myspace and ESPN was just making fun of him for it on air. He was about 16 at the time too.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seltzer posted:

it was kind of that era where people didn't understand social media/how easily stuff could be viewed.

This hasn't really changed.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

EvilHawk posted:

(not my snake though ;))
Obviously the best part.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Nothing wrong with anything on that page. Seems like a nice lad, whatever happened to him?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

oliwan posted:

This hasn't really changed.

Hahah trust me I know, I follow MMA and more than a couple fighters have gotten into serious trouble (or even cut) over inredibly dumb tweets. I am just saying it was worse back then for naive 16 year olds.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I can confidently say that at age 16 I had a better grasp of the English language than Andy Carroll (hey, maybe he's improved!), and I'm not a native speaker - I started learning English when I was 13. Is he just an imbecile or is that page a credible reflection of the average British sixteen-year-old's writing skills? Because :psyduck:

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
It's the language of a teenager who doesn't need to focus on their grammar or spelling to get their message across. Not every teenager is going to write like that, but plenty do. I'm sure his peers didn't care and that would hold true in any country. In the end, he's a professional footballer.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He was also likely destined to be a professional footballer from the time he was about 11 and didnt give a gently caress whatsoever at school

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Neither did I, tbh, and sadly I didn't become a professional athlete earning thousands of British pounds per week, so I guess Big Andy has done way better than me and I should just shut up. But still, this page freaks me outl.

Eh, I should know better, I've taught quite a bit at high school level (not English though), and generally the local kids also suck at their supposed native language. They don't suck quite as hard as Tha-Big-AC though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
He doesn't suck at the written language if he is able to convey meaning through his words, he uses slang and writes in a non standard way is all, but his hair is definitely stupid and he's slow as poo poo.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think he actually wrote pretty well for a teenage footballer. He's even a bit endearing, if I might say that.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

ayb posted:

https://myspace.com/andycarroll39

still works but the profile is private

The Bebo page that screenshot is taken from is active.

The photo album is pretty funny, Bebo was horribly embarrassing for everyone involved I think.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

adidas won't be happy with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Homura posted:

adidas won't be happy with that

slightly curious if the removing your shirt to show a message yellow card applies if you hulk out and rip it to show a message instead.

• Locked thread