Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Well, I had to get the OSI Shirt-Of-The-Week-Club Shirt as I'm still kicking myself for missing out on a Guild of Calamitous Intent when this all started. Even if it does cost me just under £20.

Did the guy-in-a-dog-costume just disappear before Bum Rush got killed along with Shuttle Cock, Tank Top and Slap Chop?

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I liked the small detail that the Alchemist is living in Trianna's old bed room, and that he hasn't bothered to change the room decor at all.

Also, Patrick Warburton in the OSI shirt makes me hope that they Doc and Publick eventually slip in the line "Gotta support the team."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: Molostro. Or do you prefer Monstrotov?

This reminded me that at the end of the episode, the REAL OSI Suits were calling them "Molostro." :laugh:

Shore Leave's a trendsetter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Optimus Subprime posted:

I liked the small detail that the Alchemist is living in Trianna's old bed room, and that he hasn't bothered to change the room decor at all.

Also, Patrick Warburton in the OSI shirt makes me hope that they Doc and Publick eventually slip in the line "Gotta support the team."

I do not know how you could support him. He is evil and king of the winos.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I loved Hunter's little second-in-command (what was it he called him? Snoopy?). "Yes, yes I will do that!"

I was afraid he was gonna bite it when Hunter had him take the helm but he pulled through. :unsmith:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The episodes quote should be " What are you a Superhero?" , that was a really great episode and I wonder if we're getting a longer story arc or something. I dunno most of the episodes are self contained but poo poo does come together.

Really great all the call backs and we get to see Brock/Molotov's dead dad/partner thing which I thought was a great call back.

Plus, getting to see Brock in action again.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hollis posted:

Really great all the call backs and we get to see Brock/Molotov's dead dad/partner thing which I thought was a great call back.

I always thought Brock's first meeting of Molotov was when he and Hunter were in Paris, and she ends up tying him to a bed and setting the room on fire around him (as seen in Assassinanny 911?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

DrBouvenstein posted:

I always thought Brock's first meeting of Molotov was when he and Hunter were in Paris, and she ends up tying him to a bed and setting the room on fire around him (as seen in Assassinanny 911?
*lowers pants, to reveal chastity belt*

"AAAAAGH. STILL? The Cold War is over!"

"It's... always cold, in Siberia."

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Did anyone else notice the way Brock avoided the Ventures? I thought they were on amiable terms. He doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yeah, and nobody mentioned that the only reason Headshot found out Molotov had escaped was...he was going in there to molest Molotov and it turned out to be his girlfriend.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I hope Brock or somebody punches Headshot in the crotch or something the next time we see him. Loyal or not he is a goddamn creeper to the max.

Poor Hatred. It is kind of amusing how he and Doc are sniping at each other now like an old married couple.

An excellent episode that has me pumped again for next week.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

GD_American posted:

yeah, and nobody mentioned that the only reason Headshot found out Molotov had escaped was...he was going in there to molest Molotov and it turned out to be his girlfriend.

Wha... actually? I thought they were just switching guard duty :stare:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Is anyone else that downloaded the episode via iTunes having issues? I can't get the drat thing to play and I've downloaded it twice.

I can slide the play position to any point in the video and get a still frame, but the file just won't play.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

dazoner posted:

Did anyone else notice the way Brock avoided the Ventures? I thought they were on amiable terms. He doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with them.

He checked in on them, but he also had a job to do. Brock has always taken his job very seriously.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cobalt Chloride posted:

He went in there, there was that long pan over her thighs, and then he took the bag off her head.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Rewatching: What the hell were the OSI hovercopter things firing at Monstroso's boat? Flares?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So now I guess we know how Molotov managed to infiltrate Sphinx with just a mask as her disguise : Hunter was in on it and helped her.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This episode loving ruled.

Of course Gathers telling Brock that Molotov was assigned to just kill the *traitors* in OSI made me think - she actually DID try to kill Shore Leave, but went dry on both Uzis. This suggests that Shore Leave's dirty. :smith:
What about Hatred? She shot him, and I think he's technically O.S.I now, right? And if it wasn't for Hank, he would be dead.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

They were, but he certainly touched her inappropriately right when he went inside the cell.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
:argh: Bought an OSI T-shirt. Son of a bitch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X_Toad posted:

So now I guess we know how Molotov managed to infiltrate Sphinx with just a mask as her disguise : Hunter was in on it and helped her.

What about Hatred? She shot him, and I think he's technically O.S.I now, right? And if it wasn't for Hank, he would be dead.

It seems that if she wants to kill you she will kill you. Also it did not seem that she was hunting him down which is what her job was.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, if Hatred was on the list, she would have come back for him after jacking Hank's suit and double-tapped.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Between the Investors and the Sovereign, I dread all the future shapeshifting speculation that's going to come pouring out of the internet.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

This is seriously the best shirt since the Guild of Calamitous Intent shirt in Season 3. Instant buy.

ukulele bastard
Dec 5, 2006

Fuck, shit, cock, ass, titties, boner, bitch, muff, pussy, cock, butthole, Barbara Streisand!
Anyone else think the Rookie looked like a ten years older Hank? Like, if the Venture Brothers was a live action show and the boys dying and being reborn was a plot device to allow new actors to play the permanently teenage Hank and Dean ala Dr. Who and they brought back the original Hank actor to play a new character just for the gently caress of it?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I just realized that Billy, White and Dean indirectly saved Brock's life by first gaining HELPeR back from St-Cloud and then reverting him back to his previous form, which enabled him to come along on Baby Girl and fly the jet.

The Investors really are creepy and efficient villains. I guess they won't be fooled by Molotov's deception with the intelligence they have.

I'm curious to know if the Sovereign made a deal with the Investors to get where he is now.

And how fitting is it that the one Council member to completely give away his identity is called Clue Clown? He's probably some insane mix of the Joker and the Riddler.

ukulele bastard posted:

Anyone else think the Rookie looked like a ten years older Hank?
I guess I can see it, but it wasn't as jarring as that one Secret Service officer we've seen from time to time who looks exactly like Dean.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Shabadu posted:

This is seriously the best shirt since the Guild of Calamitous Intent shirt in Season 3. Instant buy.
I bought the hell out of the Guild of Calamitous Intent shirt when it was out, and it's been a central cog in my casual wardrobe ever since.

Probably not going to wear the OSI shirt because it's not, you know, black and red (really the Guild shirt was drat perfect), but it'll get some use. It's not all pastelly or anything at least.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I guess if Bowie isn't the Sovereign, then the Council of 13 isn't all IRL celebrities then. Bummer.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Sovereign is totally David Bowie, the guy Brock met is just the Sovereign's David Bowie body double who he sends in his place to events when he's too busy planning super-villainy sometimes.

The Sovereign may also be another, inscrutable thing on top of being David Bowie, and David Bowie may just be his Bruce Wayne-esque alter ego, but he's totally David Bowie.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

X_Toad posted:

I just realized that Billy, White and Dean indirectly saved Brock's life by first gaining HELPeR back from St-Cloud and then reverting him back to his previous form, which enabled him to come along on Baby Girl and fly the jet.

Out of all the pairs in the series, Brock and HELPeR is one of my favorites. I think there's been a scene between the two of them once per season.

I love the look on Doc's face when he realizes that Dean knows about their deaths.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Action Tortoise posted:

Out of all the pairs in the series, Brock and HELPeR is one of my favorites. I think there's been a scene between the two of them once per season.

I love the look on Doc's face when he realizes that Dean knows about their deaths.

I didn't catch it. I honestly thought Doc didn't either.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So what exactly were the Investors trying to do on the helicarrier? Just figure out where Moltov was because they couldn't kill/kidnap her as well as Monstroso? After they got him out of the base, the seemed to be absent until they were onsite to do the interviews.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I was hoping we'd see the body/hole where Monstroso fell in the ending credits. That guy must of been like dropping an elephant. Ker-SPLATTT!

This season has been great. I loved Al, but I thought Shoreleave and Al was just a fling due to his clinggyness.. Or am I forgetting where they got back together?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Figure out what OSI knew about Monstroso, I guess. Like Mol, if the Investors wanted to kill someone, they'd be dead.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

IUG posted:

So what exactly were the Investors trying to do on the helicarrier?
I think a good chunk of those top-secret files they departed with weren't in their brief-cases when they arrived. They also have the video that shows Brock throwing Molotov in the propeller. Perhaps they're also aware of Gathers' penchant for secrets and thought that it would be a good idea to 'debrief' the General and his men themselves.

deong posted:

I was hoping we'd see the body/hole where Monstroso fell in the ending credits. That guy must of been like dropping an elephant. Ker-SPLATTT!

This season has been great. I loved Al, but I thought Shoreleave and Al was just a fling due to his clinggyness.. Or am I forgetting where they got back together?
Who says Monstroso wasn't saved by something?

Al and Shoreleave apparently got together at the end of Operation : P.R.O.M. Maybe that Al subconsciously remembered that he souldn't be too possessive with Shoreleave?

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 1, 2013

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
EDIT

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

GD_American posted:

I didn't catch it. I honestly thought Doc didn't either.

It's there for a second after Dean mentions the umbrella incident. Doc's got this sudden "Oh, poo poo!" expression.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Figure out what OSI knew about Monstroso, I guess. Like Mol, if the Investors wanted to kill someone, they'd be dead.

They probably wanted to know how OSI operates since Treister resigned as well. They snuck Doe and Cardholder in their before but now that Hunter's suspicious of that they're going to have to change tactics.

Al knows that they erased his mind; Shore Leave could just tell him to give him some space.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Action Tortoise posted:

It's there for a second after Dean mentions the umbrella incident. Doc's got this sudden "Oh, poo poo!" expression.

Just watched it, looks more like embarrassment.

But considering this is Rusty, what are the chances of that

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Action Tortoise posted:

"That's beautiful, HELPeR What was that, Shel Silverstein?"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

They probably wanted to know how OSI operates since Treister resigned as well. They snuck Doe and Cardholder in their before but now that Hunter's suspicious of that they're going to have to change tactics.

Al knows that they erased his mind; Shore Leave could just tell him to give him some space.

They were probably checking to see if Monstroso spilled the beans about the Investor the same way he did about the GCI.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Action Tortoise posted:

Did they? I thought Doe and Cardholder were Guild double agents for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Joust posted:

Between the Investors and the Sovereign, I dread all the future shapeshifting speculation that's going to come pouring out of the internet.

They're totally the holy order of the Triad.