Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Spotted in the parking lot of a Super 8 in North Lima, OH. The front passenger wheel is a steelie, and I don't think any of the tires were the same size. Ohiocars.jpg right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Spotted in the parking lot of a Super 8 in North Lima, OH. The front passenger wheel is a steelie, and I don't think any of the tires were the same size. Ohiocars.jpg right there.

That will probably sell for $7,000 on craigslist because Ohio hates cheap used cars.

To contribute,

"Dodge 59 SLT V8 turbo" Not pictured are the stick on fender vents and the same letters on the side even more misaligned and falling off.

There are six handicap parking spaces in this area. That Ford is the only other car using one of them. There are also other completely unoccupied handicap spaces in this same parking lot.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Aftermarket indicator mirrors, check. Dangling stock indicator, check. Speed "vents", check. Speed lines? Check. Pep-Boys wheels, check.

This xB was on point with the APC catalog orders.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SaNChEzZ posted:

Aftermarket indicator mirrors, check. Dangling stock indicator, check. Speed "vents", check. Speed lines? Check. Pep-Boys wheels, check.

I don't see anything wrong with the mirrors and the wheels. Am I broken now?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't see anything wrong with the mirrors and the wheels. Am I broken now?

Nothing wrong with them per-se, but adding a mirror with sidemarker in addition to the stock sidemarker is a little much imo.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
How's this for terrible? Ferrari 360 crashes into a Lamborghini on I-30.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/07/a_lamborghini_and_ferrari_cras.php

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

GOD IS BED posted:

How's this for terrible? Ferrari 360 crashes into a Lamborghini on I-30.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/07/a_lamborghini_and_ferrari_cras.php

According to the story linked both cars are rentals.

Fairly certain the LDW is not going to cover this

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The name's Bond. Shamed Bond.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-Kit-Car-/281127810894?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417485f74e

Bear in mind there's an actual DB7 on Ebay UK for £12k right now.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Someone posted this on Club Lexus

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Billy Zane posted:

Grillzzzzzz :whatup:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Billy Zane posted:

It looks like it accidentally bumped a bundle of scrap metal and it happened to stick to the nose. Especially with the busted-rear end license plate. What the hell drives somebody to do this to their car? :psyduck:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh hey, the new Katamari Damachi DLC looks loving dope.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

SaNChEzZ posted:

It bothers the gently caress out of me that the stick-on fender vents weren't stuck on parallel to the cut line

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Billy Zane posted:

I wanna do this with a car and build it up to around 700 horsepower. The ultimate troll.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

buttcrackmenace posted:

According to the story linked both cars are rentals.

Fairly certain the LDW is not going to cover this

From the rental company's website:

DFW Drive Your Dream posted:

WE ARE NO LONGER RENTING CARS OR OFFERING DRIVES.

:downsgun:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Man, that actually sounds super fuckin' cool. I knew places like that existed, but not that there was one in DFW.

I suppose this was the wrong way to find out. :smith:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

They're far from the only exotic rental company in DFW.

e: looks like DFW Elite Auto Rental is the same company as DFW Drive Your Dream.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

some texas redneck posted:

e: looks like DFW Elite Auto Rental is the same company as DFW Drive Your Dream.

I wonder how many times that Aventador has been rented.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

some texas redneck posted:

poo poo I've been meaning to drive over there to rent their Isetta for a few years now :(

http://dfweliteautorental.com/cars/red-1959-bmw-isetta

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
A Koenigsegg recently crashed into a crowd of about 20 people.

:nms: :nws: Link :nws: :nms:

Seems the second video isn't loading right, so the LiveLeak (obviously NWS/NMS) link to it is :nms: :nws: here.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 2, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Devyl posted:

A Koenigsegg recently crashed into a crowd of about 20 people.

:nms: :nws: Link :nws: :nms:

What an rear end in a top hat. Driver clearly had no business driving that car like that especially considering how close spectators were.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. Driver clearly had no business driving that car like that especially considering how close spectators were.

No kidding. Just clutch in and stab the throttle a couple of times so everyone can hear it, though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

The name's Bond. Shamed Bond.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-Kit-Car-/281127810894?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417485f74e

Bear in mind there's an actual DB7 on Ebay UK for £12k right now.

The front could be made to look acceptable but the backside is just stupid.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Previa_fun posted:

No kidding. Just clutch in and stab the throttle a couple of times so everyone can hear it, though.

And more terrible stuff in the comments.

Every single time. You 'mericans must really love your just-world fallacy.

E: both drivers in this video are morons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrEf3-O2s8

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 2, 2013

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

JP Money posted:

I wonder how many times that Aventador has been rented.

There's a chap in the UK who's put over 120k miles on a Murcielago in the course of using it as one of those 'come here and drive our cars' experiences: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/242623/lamborghini_murcielago.html

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drgitlin posted:

There's a chap in the UK who's put over 120k miles on a Murcielago in the course of using it as one of those 'come here and drive our cars' experiences: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/242623/lamborghini_murcielago.html

I'm pretty sure its on around 250k miles now last time it was featured in evos 'fast fleet' also it had been crashed and was in for another respray/engine build

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

GutBomb posted:

What am I missing? It's got a handicap sticker attached to it.

veedubfreak posted:

Ok then, mystery solved. Speaking of handicap bikes. What is it with these bikes that have full on training wheels. Not even a trike, the bike has 4 drat wheels. Doesn't that make it a car?

JaysonAych posted:

Seems like the handicap placard would be very easy to steal.

YF19pilot posted:

There are six handicap parking spaces in this area. That Ford is the only other car using one of them. There are also other completely unoccupied handicap spaces in this same parking lot.

Just so you all know, a handicap is something you have in golf.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

mcsquared posted:

while on the subject, my area's full of these signs.

Do...do I have to? :ohdear:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

while on the subject, my area's full of these signs.

Do...do I have to? :ohdear:

There's a "Deaf Child Area" sign in the neighborhood. I sometimes wonder how they corral all the deaf children there.

The sign has also been there for 30 years, so I doubt the child is a child anymore.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

mcsquared posted:

I've got one in bowling, too :v:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

KozmoNaut posted:

E: both drivers in this video are morons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrEf3-O2s8

Perfect opportunity to enforce passing lane laws, but it would mean getting soaked... :doh:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

This is the clip art my local shop uses to represent belt replacement:

Well there's your problem. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
drat that's one hell of a tensioner.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Maybe they're getting confused with old belt-drive farm equipment.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Maybe they're getting confused with old belt-drive farm equipment.

My first thought was of old flat belts for agricultural/line-shafting use. That made me remember the Corvair's belt routing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No actual photos since I was too busy avoiding it - but I just had the joy of driving around a probably too-oversize oversize load. Some form of backhoe, just the cab and tracks, no implements of any sort attached. It was loaded up on a trailer similar to this:

The kind that normally has a significant curve in the deck when unloaded, higher in the center and lower at the ends, that straightens out as it gets loaded.

This thing was so heavy that the deck was actually lower in the middle than the outside, and maybe had 1" of ground clearance on level ground. It dragged pretty loving hard cresting the overpass it was coming off of the freeway with, and the chains holding the load on seemed haphazardly placed at best. Oh, and of course, no flag trucks leading or following.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

anime and cars posted:

I'm pretty sure its on around 250k miles now last time it was featured in evos 'fast fleet' also it had been crashed and was in for another respray/engine build

I thought that EVO's Murcielago was finally written off a few months ago?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Parked in front of this sweet ride just now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Holdbrooks posted:

Parked in front of this sweet ride just now.

"Hmm, should I paint my hubcaps too? Nahh that'll look stupid, Ill just paint the steelie underneath."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

No actual photos since I was too busy avoiding it - but I just had the joy of driving around a probably too-oversize oversize load. Some form of backhoe, just the cab and tracks, no implements of any sort attached. It was loaded up on a trailer similar to this:

The kind that normally has a significant curve in the deck when unloaded, higher in the center and lower at the ends, that straightens out as it gets loaded.

This thing was so heavy that the deck was actually lower in the middle than the outside, and maybe had 1" of ground clearance on level ground. It dragged pretty loving hard cresting the overpass it was coming off of the freeway with, and the chains holding the load on seemed haphazardly placed at best. Oh, and of course, no flag trucks leading or following.

Would you call highway patrol about that? I'd consider it, but then not do anything because I have places to be, and I don't know the phone number.

But I'd think about it.